Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-18-2021, 07:17 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts
Default What's in reach?

What are the supplies you keep within reach when you're crafting? What stays on your desk?

For me:
Copic markers and colored pencils
tools: MISTI, Scor-buddy, craft knife, stylus, poky tool
texture stamps - mini crackle, script
inks: Versafine Clair inks, Versafine, black Hybrid
watercolor paints

I have to get up for:
stamps
dies, foiling and die cutting
cardstock
paint & other mediums
ribbon
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 07:24 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

On desk:
Copics
Blending brushes
Watercolor paints
paintbrush
Bone folder
New stamps and dies
Scissors
Paper cutter

What I have to reach for:
Tim Holtz platform stamper
Older die cuts
Older stamps
Inks
Stickles

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

On my desk:
Big Shot, 3 black ink pads(TAC India black, Stazon, and Memento), my spritzing bottle, my ultimate favorite back of card stamp (NOT Hallmark), a tool tray that holds tweezers, sanding block, corner rounder, glue pen, dental tools, pliers, pencil sharpener, black ink refills, craft knife, 6 inch metal ruler, repositionable runner, a burnishing tool, toothpicks, a Pampered Chef scraper, big needle, adhesive runner and some erasers. Within reach also a couple of clear boxes holding dental tools, Quickie glue pen, glue eraser, sand eraser, stumps, paintbrush, eyelash brush, nail cleaning tool, clear glitter pen, gold glitter pen, white gel pen, white deco paint marker, and black glitter ink pen. In an upright tool cup- pencils, wax pencil, long scissors, toothbrush, ultrafine black marker, ink pen, black Sharpie. On hooks either side of the knee hole hang my most used scissors. In a tray to one side, I have more adhesive runners, double stick tape, a stapler, and my crafting glasses (instead of bifocals, I have a pair of glasses with the whole lens in my reading prescription). Since I have a 6 hole cubby unit on one end of my desk, I can reach all of my pigment powders (pretty much ALL of the ColorBursts and ALL of the Pixie Powders), my most used embossing powders, my extra and specialty plates for the Big Shot, my Cuttlebug, a Tupperware box full of dotting tools/styluses and assorted tiny brushes (sold for nail art), On my right, between the desk and a bookshelf, I can easily reach the Darice foam stamping pad, a glass surface protector, my Scor Pal, and up on top of the bookcase, my Tim Holtz platform.
Within reach behind my chair, I have 2 multi-drawer units holding embossing supplies, glues and adhesives, reinkers, colored pencils, glitters, calligraphy inks, pigment ink pads, and Twinkling H2Os. Also behind my chair I have a pegboard (commercial one from a defunct Target) that holds tons and tons of things on shelves and spikes. I can also reach part of a unit my DH built for me that holds those BIG plastic storage drawers, so without getting up, I can access my dies, embossing folders, and envelopes. Sheesh, I'm getting tired just typing!
I have to get up for:
Cardstock, ink pads, guillotine cutting, foiling supplies and the MINC, stamps, 12 X 12 paper & cs, some tools, punches, ribbon, embellishments, flowers, Cricut & supplies for it, and other odds and ends.

Last edited by contrapat; 05-18-2021 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: additional info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 12:30 PM   #4  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

On my desk:
jars with scissors, brushes, metallic pens, mermaid markers, biros, styluses, tortillons (or stumps, I can never remember which is which) - all sorts of everything really. I save my favourite mugs when they get chipped.
Acrylic blocks
several rulers
several glues, plus micro-glaze
Mini misters, misters, bottle of water, jar of dirty paint water ;-).
tray with some double-sided tape and foam
small magnetic tray for dies
assortment of inks: Versafine black, Ranger's Archival Black, ColorBox Frost White, Versamark, Delicata Gold,
box of backgrounds
tray full of items I wish to use soon
craft knives
pouch containing favourite stylus, tweezers, metallic, white blender pen, scoring tool
Stamp-a-ma-jig
Bone folder (a nice teflon one now, thanks to Moddy Christmas)
Eraser and pencil sharpeners
a couple of containers with spare stamped images, embellishments and die-cuts including one just for butterflies
cutting mat
black and white acrylic paints
Frog tape, washi tapes, sellotape

In a unit under my PC monitor are some small punches like corner punches and rounders, and my most-used clear sentiment stamps, plus spare blades for craft knives and envelope insert for Scor-Pal

within arm's reach (if standing)
TH stamping platform,
more glues, Nuvo Drops, sequins
Scor-Pal,
stencils,
TH distress and DOX inks, small collection of mini Archivals
Stickles
glass mat
Polychromos, Inktense and Couleur d'Art pencils, Twinkling H2Os.

Anything else I have to get up for. My Big Shot station is the floor . Old raspberry Wizard for regular embossing, old Big Shot for 3D embossing, Big Shot Plus for everything else. So the dies and embossing folders are also in shoe boxes on the floor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 03:57 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

Adhesives of all sorts, stamp cleaner and scrub thing, scissors, rulers, a few coloring tools like blender pens and water brushes, card stock, pens, markers, acrylic blocks and current InColors. Just a spin of the chair and I can reach inks, embellishments, SAR and paper towels.
Mary Beth
Attached Thumbnails
What's in reach?-img_1990.jpg  

Last edited by lutheran; 05-19-2021 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: add photo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 04:22 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I sit on a spinning drafting chair so I have access to three surfaces-my desk and file cabinet tops to the side and behind me. Plus I have shelving to one side and drawers to another. So I actually have a lot at hand. I had the table and chair before I started card making. Think....the table is 40+ plus years old? The chair is younger at about 20.

On my desk (a medium drafting table) would be pre cut cards, layers and envelopes. (which I plan to take away-too much real estate) The die cutting machines. A container of general pens and pencils that also has my basic scissors, bone folder. A tool container with craft scissors, rulers, pokey tool., stamp a ma jig, more bone folders, etc. A versafine pad, a versa mark pad. Under the table are scraps, the drawer inserts with mini ink pads stacked (yes I know I said I have drawers. Not big enough), a 3 drawer plastic thing with masking paper, DS adhesive papers, etc. I am working out a plan for teeny tiny stamps which may live on my table. I always have a big black cutting surface grid plus silicone sheet. Oh and the small corner punches. And just misc crap.

Behind me/on the side are a container w paint brushes, pencil sets, blending pens, gels pens (I keep a lot of metallic/white as I use them for multiple things) clarity brushes, pre cut die sentiments and other stuff. Coffee filters for powder work. Boxes w stickles, alcohol inks, drops, colorbursts and a big box of punches that is too heavy for me to lift off the floor anymore. Box of adhesives-liquid, tape and foam.

The shelving side (within reach) has the most common embossing powders like clear and the metallics in ultra fine. I can reach some of my dies.

In the top 2 drawers are an assort of tools, common ink refills and my black ink pads. Then it goes to the distress pads, oxide pads and assorted sprays etc. But I have get up to access the lowest drawers. Also my scoreboard (large) and tonic guillotine cutter which are standing up on the floor under my table between boxes.

I have to get up for everything else is the short answer.

This C shape is too tight though so I want to change it in the long run.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 04:27 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Oh I forgot I have pic of my desk. It is old though. Now to the left is a gemini.

Attached Thumbnails
What's in reach?-my-craft-desk.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
judysinkpad (05-25-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:12 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Oh, I'm so different than those of you who have answered so far. To make a long story short, I keep very little on my work table. I have my craft mat and stack of old computer paper on my work table to stamp on. I keep a ruler on my desk top, although it has a home with other measuring tools when I really want to clean up. I have a slotted wooden holder hubby made for me that I can slip finished parts or cut layers of cards I'm working on. Keeps them from getting messed up, but in view. I have another holder for scrap paper to write notes on and a small wire holder for inspiration cards. I keep my stamp cleaning cloths, a roll of TP and way down to the left I have my heat tool on a stand. That being said, when I'm working there are stamps, ink pads and other things out that are actually stored nearby. That's the short story, so you don't need to read the following long story. My applicators are in a drawer on the right side of my worktable, above a drawer of adhesives. A large drawer on the left holds my cardstock vertically for easy access. All these things can be reach sitting down by pulling open the drawers, except the heat gun. In what my hubby calls a pencil drawer (center shallow drawer) that holds palates, embossing pans, foam and acrylic pads, self healing cutting mats, etc. I often stand to work, so a few steps get me to all these things, as well ink pads, markers, paint, pencils and other coloring materials that are housed in a chest of their own adjacent to my stamp cabinet. My cutting table with cutter, trimmers, score board are on a separate work table (that has to double as a sewing table with the machine stored underneath until in use). All other tools, equipment and embellishments are in baskets on shelves. My room is small, so nothing is very far away, but not kept on my work table.
Reply With Quote Likes
ChrisO (04-27-2023)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 56 Likes on 16 Posts

I just had my dream home built and was able to design my craft studio. It is 8 x 13...on my desk...Bearly Art liquid glue, ruler, take your pick tool, scissors, stylus, scor buddy,12 x 12 score boards, stamp-a-ratus, variety of clear blocks, set of twizzers, SU dimensionals, glue dots. I keep at least 20 white and ivory A2 card base and inserts on the desk. Under my desk in "Really Useful Boxes" from Staples are cut cardstock layers, additional tape runners,brads & eyelets. Also within arm's reach 3 filing cabinets each 4 drawers full of cardstock and designer paper, a wall of bookshelves filled with stamp sets, dies, 6x6 designer paper, embossing folders, Xyron, washi tape, Next to my desk are 4 rolling 7 shelf storage units by recollections. These units house my SU ink pads, single wood stamps, ribbon, SU markers and blends, SU refills.
My punches are in the next room in 9 drawer mid-century bureaus. embellishments in DVD shelves in another room. It is a work in progress, but I have fun organizing and re-organizing.
Do I have too much stuff, SURE. Do I care, NO
Reply With Quote Likes
Jannarama (04-27-2023)
Old 05-19-2021, 07:24 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have T.Holtz glass craft unit, turntable with all small tools, glues, an anything else I can cram
into it. Another small pencil, pen holder, shears holder sits next to it. Marker holder, paint brush/tool holder, small lamp and sewing machine on adjoining tables. Roll around craft card next to that holds
stamp,die, color swatch reference books, 8 x 8 album that holds small stencils, watercolor pallet , extra colored pencils and markers, all tape rolls, containers with Foamies Stamps.

Everything else is in drawers, cupboards or on shelves that I need to get up to use...all stamps, dies, paper, embellishments, ....you name it.. I have stamp pads on wooden rack on wall and also, containers holding alcohol inks, reinkers, rolls of ribbons. Another stamp shelf unit on the wall for wooden stamps and odd supplies. I would say every wall is utilized and organized for "art stuff". I have a large office "L" shaped workstation as my main workspace, with file/drawer units underneath and overhead flip doors above on one side. Consumes a large portion of a corner in my room but also makes it great for multi use. I also use this room to store household paperwork and office work that I might get involved in. My computer is on the corner unit of the workstation and I have a small TV on extended arm off the wall. I also have a door shelf unit that holds all the paints and mixed media supplies for easy view and reach. I have a roll around standup cabinet unit that my husband and I make using kitchen cabinets and added a laminate top, large casters. This stores extra art supplies and I use it for my die cutting electric machine,..all my heat guns are also plugged into this unit...I thought i would move this unit around when we built it but it has been stationed against one wall and I have electric next to it, utilizing a plug strip attached to its side and hang all the guns off the back side of it with command hooks.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 02:21 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

LOVE that last line from ejluyk: Do I have too much stuff, SURE. So I care, NO. I, too, have a C shaped work space, and a swivel chair. LOTS of tools and supplies are kept within arm's reach, computer and printer, too. My most recent addition was a rolling cart and topper...now my Big Shot is so easy to reach and use! Because I spend so much time sitting, I, purposefully, keep all designer papers and cardstock in different locations in my home, same for stamps and most dies...forces me to get up and move! Another recent addition is a single shelf I'm placing on my work table...gives me another layer for tools to keep within reach. I keep my Heat Tool hanging beneath my work table on an S hook...plugged in and ready to use. Observation: It takes a lot of tools, and supplies, to be a creative paper artist who abhors repetition and who prefers to make most of her own embellishments, including flowers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

On my desktop are my markers: Spectrum Noirs, SU Blends, SU Watercolor Markers, Spectrum Sparkle Pens, scissors, Friskars paper cutter, SU Stamparatus, WRMemory Keepers tool turntable.

Have to get up to reach for ink pads above desktop, walk to get other supplies.
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
ChrisO (04-27-2023)
Old 05-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts

Bottom layer is a craft mat, topped with S.U. grid paper. There are 2 pencil holders/buckets with scissors, a ruler, pens, pencils, S.U. spray misters, aqua painters. There are always stamps, cardstock, and half finished projects cluttering my workspace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 05:40 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I have been re-organizing because, I want to get a slightly bigger / actually flat table to play on. and so at the moment, there are waterbased markers, distress ink pads, all my paint brushes and blending brushes. little flower pots that contain things like tweezers, 1/16" round hole punch, Identipen, black sharpie pen, bone folder, scissors, water mister bottles, a water bottle I refill for water projects when I don't want to run down the stairs, a roll of washi tape, glue dots, Paper Trimmer, a bin of small scraps, a few backgrounds & colored images, a pair of fold up to close Ott lights flank a TH glass mat where the mess happens.
Under the table there is space on top of a metal letter sorter and that has a box of baby wipes, an ATG gun, Misti's & self healing mats, a basket of stamp cleaners, a box of disposable gloves,

I stand up to play for perspective so, I have all the tools not on the table and I walk for everything else. most things its just a few steps.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #15  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

I have SO much in reach! I love it
I have two drawer sets for my desk legs and a stamp n storage drawer cabinet on the desk, 12x12 paper holder on top of that, inkpad holder, stamp shelf , punch and marker holders on the desk
and another wide alex drawers to my side
within reach...
Everything! lol
ON the desk:
trimmer, scoreboard, grid paper
basic tools {pokey tool, snips, bonefolder, sand paper, adhesive eraser, 6" clear ruler, 15x4 quilting ruler}, adhesives, inks, current SU stamp sets, gems/jewels, scratch paper, most punches, alcohol markers
in the drawers:
blocks, stickles, reinkers, sponges for each color, 1/4 sheets of all cs colors, scraps, white/neutral card bases, water based markers, wink of stella, spritzers, waterpainters, small dsp, heat tool, extra adhesive, masking tape, small microfiber towels, precolored images
in/on the wide Alex beside me, bigshot, dies, small trimmers, stamparatus, embossing powders, shimmer paint, blending brushes, stencils, embellishments like brads etc, ribbon, foam alphabet stamps (embossing folders on a low shelf on the wall)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2021, 12:29 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

This is the best thread of the year. I am so inspired by all the replies.

The only craft item I have on my desk is my ScannCut. I have set up a corner of my room that all my tools I own are around me.

Things I reach for every time I create. I do use these things every time I create-
Quilting Ruler, Rotary Cutter & Self Healing Mat
Altered Blinged Thumb Tack.
Hello Kitty Non-Stick Scissors
Microtip Scissors- Non-Stick, Regular, Tim's brand.
My old Nintendo Stylus
Scotch Permanent Glue Stick
Corner Rounder
#7 Pencil
Eraser Pen- Dollar Tree & MonoZero

I have a disc bound notebook with different kinds of paper that I use to sketch, draw & draft out ideas. To take notes.

Power Use on most creative days-
Wax Stick
Adhesive Remover Eraser
Eraser Pencil
Clear Nail Polish
Various Adhesives & Tapes
Glass Nail File
Washi Tape- To hold things down
Brayer

I have a cheap Hobby Lobby Paper Studio trimmer that I adore. I use it mainly as a ruler & scoring tool. I hardly cut with it. How funny is that, lol.

Next to my desk I have all my SU Inks, black inks, Versamark, & Brilliance White.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2021, 12:31 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

contrapat- Oh I am so fascinated about this. What do you use the eyelash tool for? Reading about your setup I was getting setup envy (in a good way). It was so inspiring.

Cook22- I just love you have a container full of butterflies. That is inspiring too. I am "stealing" that idea for my flowers & seashells. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

wavejumper- I love the view from your desk! Thousands of heart emoji's.

jeanne3579- I am like you too. I don't have anything craft related on my desk. I do have my ScannCut. That is the only crafting related item. I have my table lamp, craft lamp, wax burner & a coaster I have just added, yesterday, a mug (Assassin's Creed) to my desk so I can keep my scissors corralled when I am working because I keep getting poked with them. I guess we are the rebels, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2021, 08:09 AM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
contrapat- Oh I am so fascinated about this. What do you use the eyelash tool for? Reading about your setup I was getting setup envy (in a good way). It was so inspiring.

Cook22- I just love you have a container full of butterflies. That is inspiring too. I am "stealing" that idea for my flowers & seashells. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

wavejumper- I love the view from your desk! Thousands of heart emoji's.

jeanne3579- I am like you too. I don't have anything craft related on my desk. I do have my ScannCut. That is the only crafting related item. I have my table lamp, craft lamp, wax burner & a coaster I have just added, yesterday, a mug (Assassin's Creed) to my desk so I can keep my scissors corralled when I am working because I keep getting poked with them. I guess we are the rebels, lol.
lylacfey-

It's one of those old eyelash things that is a brush on one edge and a comb on the other. I was throwing out a bunch of old make-up, and thought "why throw a perfectly good little brush out?", so I kept it. I've used the brush side to remove hanging thready bits on die cuts (usually foil cs has bits hanging). I REALLY like having the 6 cubby unit on the wall side of the desk- it makes organization easier. I'm going to take a picture and see if I can post it so you can see.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Oh I forgot I have pic of my desk. It is old though. Now to the left is a gemini.
I have that same mat with the same warp in the same space... I had to flip it around so now the measurements are backwards. Or centimeters, I forget which.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 01:22 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
lylacfey-

It's one of those old eyelash things that is a brush on one edge and a comb on the other. I was throwing out a bunch of old make-up, and thought "why throw a perfectly good little brush out?", so I kept it. I've used the brush side to remove hanging thready bits on die cuts (usually foil cs has bits hanging). I REALLY like having the 6 cubby unit on the wall side of the desk- it makes organization easier. I'm going to take a picture and see if I can post it so you can see.
I love that idea to use the brush to remove foil. Thank you so much for sharing. I really appreciate it. I am going to put one in my die cutting tool cup. There are so many times I wish I had a more detailed brush to remove fiddly parts from my dies. That is brilliant using an eyelash brush.

Serioiusly thank you to everyone for sharing. I got so much inspiration from this thread. I have always kept a clean desk. I have a clean canvas mentality. I love looking at desks on What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. I never could do it, even though I admire all those desks. You all inspired me to actually add tools to my desk workspace. I read this thread three times yesterday getting inspiration. Thank you Dini for starting it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 05:27 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

I move my things around whenever I’m bored or stressed :lolo: But here are a few things that I always leave within reach:

To the right of my desk is a rolling cart:
top - bin with card fronts and bases, mug with blending brushes, mini score board and MISTI
middle bin - coloring pencils and pens, in little boxes sorted by company, also set my small trimmer in there when not using
bottom - most used punches
Shelf on side holds mini die cut machine and it also has two rods (one for ribbon, other for washi)

on my desk
stack of trays holding Copic markers
small trunk-like box holding magnetic sheets of most-used dies
glass mat
and have a three slot file box turned to lie flat in front of me:
The top shelf holds my stamp blocks and most used inks (Memento Tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black)
middle shelf holds Copic combo charts, color wheel
bottom shelf currently has a calendar in there but I will probably go back to keeping new -to- me things in it. Keeps me from buying more items to see new stuff right in my face, LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2023, 02:36 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

On my desk or next to me in carts:
  • copic markers
  • Folded card bases & various types of paper (copic friendly, bristol, black, etc.) cut into quarter sheets
  • Paper trimmer
  • Misti/Mini Score Pal
  • Cuttlebug and Altenew mini die cutting machine
  • Glue/Tape Runner/Foam dimensionals
  • Love From Lizi peel off's
  • Scissors/Bone Folder/Ink eraser/Tweezers/Rulers/White guache
  • Pencil, pen, black marker, Wink of Stella
  • Mini spray bottle of water/mini spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
  • Black ink pad and my personalized stamp for card backs
  • Little trash basket
I have stations set up around my room but within a few steps
  • Heat embossing station
  • Brother Scan n Cut
  • Splatter box
  • Die cutting station with Big Shot Plus
I collect the things I'll need for a project and bring them to my work area so I don't have to get up 40 times.

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2023, 06:21 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

On my work table:
* My craft sheet with a stack of old computer paper on top (this is what I stamp on)
* A 12" 1x1 of inlaid wood (scrap left over from one of hubbies projects) with a slot for cards, notes, ideas, list of cards I need to make, etc
* Ruler
* Shallow plastic lid with a small bowl for holding pins removed from ribbon or beads/sequins so they don't get away from me
* Stamp cleaner tray with one wet and one dry micro fiber cloths
* Heat tool on a metal stand
* Roll of paper towels for quick clean up
* Basket with 4 1/4 x 2 3/4 swatches of all my cardstock colors on a large ring and one with same size white cardstock swatches with the colors of all inks that are not the colors of my cardstock (alcohol inks, pigments inks as well a pearl ex powders, glitter glues etc.also on a ring; sample sizes of typical cards I make to help in the designing process; a stack of insets for dark cards; a small note book with my Holiday (Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween etc.) card recipients and another small notebook with sentiments to calligraphy on the inside of the card (something I don't have a stamp for)---this basket holds a lot, but is only 4 x 7
* A business card holder that has a stack of scrap (about 4 1/2 x 3 1/2) copy paper
* A stand that holds the bottom cylinder of my reading glasses
* A heavy wire piece my daughter made with spiral ends for inspirational sayings
* My "hand stamped by" stamps
* A box of tissues

Not on top, but reachable in attached drawers:
* All my cardstock in one and all the decorative or texture paper in another on the left side
* Applicators of all types (top right); Adhesives of all types (middle right); Clean up supplies, trays, stamp cleaner, release paper, extra microfiber cloths, vacuum bug, plastic gloves, swiffer wipes etc.(bottom right)
* Center front drawer (what my husband calls a "pencil drawer" are pallets, cutting mats, foam mats, acrylic sheets, glass and masonite surfaces, stamp positioner, tooth picks, Q-tips, sticky notes, paper clips, magnifying glass, pins, tiny flashlight, white out, scissors, markers, pens and yes pencils and pencil sharpener

What I have to get up for
* Stamps, Ink pads, paints, markers, colored pencils, embossing powders and all coloring agents
* Embellishments of all kinds from brads and eyelets to ribbon, yarn, buttons etc.
* To use paper cutter, score board, big shot and all the dies and embossing folders
* Sewing machine
* Punches, carving tools, exacto knives, decorative scissors, xyron and basic tools like hammer, wrenches, piercers
* Sometimes computer unless I move it to a free space.
The above is when everything is where it belongs! While I'm working, I could have any number of those things out on my work table except for the bigger tools that stay where they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2023, 06:46 AM   #24  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I love this thread!

On my desk:
  • Magnetic glassboard
  • Under that - a large black cutting mat from JoAnn that I cut down to fit my very small desk.
  • Under THAT - the silver Art Anthology craft mat
  • Two cubes on either side that I have Home Depot work lights clamped onto. These are filled with stuff I mostly don't use, but on top - sanding blocks and temporary adhesive that I use all the time
  • To my right, a sugar mold filled with all my paintbrushes I use all the time.
  • In front of that - two of those little tool holders with the silicone inserts - those hold my glues and wire snips
  • Next to that my iOrbit pencil sharpener
  • In front of my glass mat my Arkon stand
  • On my Arkon stand my date stamper for art journaling, and a few little TRHD dishes with random dies I've accidentally separated from their homes.
  • To the left of that my Ipad I monitor my lives and videos on.
  • To the left of that, a fridge bin with current stamp set assignments and frequently used things like my circle infinity dies, background stamps I use a lot etc.
  • To the left of that, a Kleenex box - it's always allergy season here.
  • Usually - a cat
My desk is a piece of wood on two filing cabinets. Inside those:
  • my MISTIs
  • Hanging folders with templates, MISTI grid paper, Black and grey cardstock and some papers for my car.
  • Stylist mister bottle
  • Spray bottle of alcohol
  • Black and white acrylic paint
  • Half sheets of copy paper for gel printing
  • Pressure tool for the MISTI
  • All my hybrid black inks
  • Stamp scrubber blocks
Raskog cart next to my desk:
  • Small cut up Ranger craft mats
  • Microfiber cloths
  • Heat gun
  • Pencil bags - organized into: Black pens, white pens, pencils
  • Scrapers
  • Erasers
Organize More ink / refill holders
  • Gina K Ink line
  • Versafine Clair Ink Line
  • Hero Hues Ink Line
  • Inkon3 Fadeout, Versamark and Stazon
SNS Cardstock holders that I put on casters and stacked that hold my colored cardstocks are right next to that.

IKEA fridge cart with drawers that hold my shipping supplies and the few punches I still use.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-26-2023 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2023, 06:26 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

So fun to revisit this thread. I will be moving my craft space into one of the bedrooms late this summer and have been daydreaming over my new set up.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2023, 08:16 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

My "desk" is a 4' x 8' slab of melamine-covered particle board perched on bookcases at each end and a smaller shelving unit in the middle to keep it from sagging and there is NOTHING on it unless I'm actively working on something. I use it for sewing, too, and need all of the real estate to spread out the fabric for cutting. I have shelves right next to it that have punches, markers, scissors, neutral cardstock, blending brushes, other small tools, adhesives, stamp platforms, Baby Blue (mini diecutting machine) and a couple of small binders with border stamps, alphabet stamps, and one of my indexes. Everything else is within a step or two on the bookcase(s), a tall drawer unit from Hobby Lobby, and a rolling cart. I'm one of those odd people that freezes up when confronted with too many choices, so I have to keep things out of sight, for the most part, but still readily available. It's amazing how cluttered that huge table gets when I'm actually using it, though, lol...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 04-27-2023 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: remove unnecessary punctuation - doh!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by gregzgurl:
jeanne3579 (04-27-2023), pepperann (05-07-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 04:07 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 317 Likes on 203 Posts

Laughing at myself because I went through this exercise and printed my list. It filled a standard copier page (8.5x11 US) so I will spare you the details. I have to get up for stamp sets starting with Cu through Z and for paper/envelopes or things long retired. Otherwise I roll my chair or just grab it.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by gaylestamps:
gregzgurl (04-27-2023), hoptownracer1 (04-28-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 08:11 AM   #28  
Inking Addict

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

This will be fun. I have an old sewing desk. A board on top of the open area and the flip resting on wood blocks to hold anything heavy. I can't have too much because most of the area is for my cat. She loves to look out the window. The flip holds a flexible lamp (plug outlet) on base for charging anything. Small sterlite 3 drawer for Zots and double faced tapes.medium blue bin for stamped characters to color and clear stamp acrylic blocks. Tape dispenser, electric pencil sharpener, stapler, and captioned phone. I am basically deaf.
Copics, watercolor, colored pencils and colored pens rest on top of a white stand with wicker baskets. The baskets hold my foil and contact rolls and Big Shot mats. The stand is next to my desk. An acrylic 6 drawer shelving from Office Max. Those drawers hold my scissors and bone folders, masking papers, 8"x10 "colored paper and heavy 8"x10" paper. A wire basket drawers with a solid board on top from my old kitchen. The top has an acrylic 2 piece, side by side for my dies, the first shelf houses re-inkers, Smooches, blending brushes and acrylic paints.
The next drawer holds glues and Color pop paints, final drawer houses the washi tapes.
Off to the side is a 3 shelf unit. Top holds a guilutine (sp), 2nd shelf small inks, finger daubers, foil.
The last shelf has my Deco Art adhesive and water color paints. A large acrylic 8n drawer container from Michael's . The top hold my Big Shot, Pixi Spray, glue sticks and Ken Oliver's colorbursts. The drawers contain papers marked cats, dogs, men, vintage, etc. I have a 6 shelf unit from IKEA., I have my stamps, 6" x 6" papers, ink pads stored in CD and jars of ribbons and embellishments. I do have to get up for anything on that shelf unit. I would love to have availability but I have a cat. She loves to chew on anything or anything that looks promising. Miss Lily is #1. This is my bedroom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2023, 06:28 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I love Understand Blue, a dish to hold random small dies that got separated. I thought I was the only one that did that. Great suggestions ladies and thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2023, 07:55 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

I, too, have a small dish. It holds a bead or sequin or pin that didn't get put away as well as a small die or die cut. I'm so proud of myself when I actually remember to put them where they belong when I get out those containers! But if I don't, they remain safe in the dish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2023, 04:20 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 345 Likes on 133 Posts

On my table:
  • metal ruler
  • cutting mat
  • pencil case containing pens, pencils, pokey tool, tweezers, craft knives and various other small tools
  • tray containing sticky tape, foam tape, stamp blocks, an inkpad or two
  • stamp cleaner
  • pot containing glues, Wink of Stella pens
  • Big Shot, paper trimmer, stamp platform and score board
Everything else is away from the table, and possibly in another room, so I have to get up and move around in order to get them. Plus which, I'm not a tidy person, so storing my supplies elsewhere 'encourages' me to put the unused stuff away after I finish a project, otherwise my available working space would simply decrease to nothing in short order
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Stampnnatter:
ChrisO (05-07-2023), jeanne3579 (05-06-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 12:23 PM   #32  
Glitter Guru

Received 862 Likes on 513 Posts

I have a stack of stuff that I work on.
A Ranger thin mat, a Make Art magnetic station, covered by a white mat made for the Tim Holtz glass mat and topped with an EK Success glass mat. The glass mat on top of the Make Art station works well, as I can still use the large magnets that came with the MA station to hold down stencils etc. on the glass mat. I like the white beneath the glass mat, because I can see the grid lines better on it.
I also have markers, pens, tools, ink pads, some stamps within arms reach. My Spellbinder's Platinum also sits on my work table. I have the large folding table from Walmart, and I have MDF boards painted white atop that, so the top is a little more level. (The folding section has a little dip). I have another small desk to the side (that my dad made me) and carts with wheels beneath the large table holding my Cricut booklets and cartridges and stamp sets.
Reply With Quote Likes