Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-29-2016, 11:01 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Money Saver What are your favorite stamp/craft companies with good customer service.

I've been stamping /card making for barely a year( started as a sber). In that time I've done lots of online ordering. There are no more sb or stamp stores anymore where I live and the big box stores no longer have hardly any paper crafting supplies. So I was forced to order online and from companies I had never heard of before. In that year, I've been disappointed by some of the biggest companies but very pleased by some others. I thought it might be nice to share some of the good things. Ellen Hutson...ships fast, always incudes a little gift and a thank you, also has sales and offers incentives. Gina K....again shipping pretty fast, incentives, and probably some of the best quality of any supplies I've bought(frankly wish I'd found them before I bought a bunch of otherstuff,) W Plus Nine...love that they shipping options if I want things quicker, again include a thank you with each order and package so nicely, My Favorite Things...again shipping was quick and love their products. I've been very disappointed by the biggest online stamping company because they have the slowest shipping I've ever seen . I also had that same issue With Altenew(love their products) but waited 3 weeks for an order to come in. What about you? Who do you feel has the best customer service of the online companies?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

The ones you mentioned...EH, GK, MFT...as well as Funkie Junkie, Joggles, and Nona Designs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2016, 11:34 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

A new favorite: Concord & 9th - Concord & 9th

An old favorite: Papertrey Ink - https://www.papertreyink.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 02:30 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classy Card 'n Such is a small online store. They always wrap their orders so nicely (and it's done by a 90 year old woman). They are closing shop at the end of February and have a lot on sale at 33% off now. Classy Cards 'n Such I'm a former DT member. I go to Joann's online for a lot of products I can't find in the big box stores. Joann's has almost everything and Classy Cards usually has the rest. Love Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps too but except for paper they mostly just sell their lovely stamps. Have also been very happy with Simon Says Stamp and MFT. Mostly now I just order from Cheery Lynn Designs and Dies R Us (disclaimer - I'm on the DT for both currently and am a die lover). I run to Michaels and Joann's for adhesive or when I think I need new paper.

My Blog: http://jenspaperobsession.blogspot.com/

My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 05:45 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Hero Arts has had excellent customer service for years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 08:00 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

I recently ordered from Verve and was very pleased.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

FranticStamper is my fav online store - huge selection and excellent service
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I have not had a bad experience with any online company, but some do ship faster than others. Some use faster shipping options than others too. It's just the way that goes.

When I want one little thing or two different companies I tend to look at Amazon frequently as I have a prime membership.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Stampin Up is online ordering for me. I'm in Oklahoma and my demo is in Michigan...with Great service! And she often has 25% off sales.
Verve and MFT are wonderful. Paper Smooches, fast and friendly. WPlus9, too.
Joann has the best sales, but the Worst Service and SLOW shipping. I'm still waiting for them to straighten up my Black Friday purchases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Unity is excellent! They sent me an incorrect stamp (that I loved but didn't order) and they let me keep it even though they sent out the correct one after I called them. One of the stamps in a six-stamp set that I purchased recently had a minor defect - they're replacing the entire set. They have frequent, awesome sales, too!

Purple Onion Designs is another of my faves, and Stampingbella is lovely, as well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Paper Smooches is one of my faves with outstanding customer service.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 02:19 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

CreativePlayStamps.com has very fast shipping, great customer service, and a free gift with each order. They are my go-to place to shop and have lots of different companies for stamps, ink, paper, embellishments, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 04:13 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Just saw one called craftysaver.com..........Has anyone had any experience with that company?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 04:52 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had great service from A Cherry On Top, and they always have some sort of sale or promo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2016, 04:30 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Chiming in to add...

Hero Arts: High quality stamps. Always great service.

Impression Obsession: great selection , fast shipping and freebies! yay!

Stencil Girl- Always resolved any issues quickly.

Oozak- Very quick to ship when items are in stock. Backorders sometimes take a while to fill, though so that can be frustrating.

A Cherry on top- good selection, fast shipping.

Simon Says Stamps- I always avoided them because their prices and shipping were higher than I wanted to pay but recently placed an order. Was surprised at how quickly the order arrived.

Jerry's Art A Rama and Dick Blick- my go tos for general art supplies. Both have great selection, great prices and ship very quickly.
Actually, I am going to edit this a bit- while I still like Blick- I had an issue with an order over the holidays and their customer service response was less than stellar. In was disappointed but in fairness, that was only one bad experience in dozens of orders I have placed. Never had a problem with Jerry's. Jerry's also carefully wraps and cushions items of which I am appreciative. I have received items from Blick that appear to have been just thrown in the box.

Joanns- Soooo hit or miss. Great if you can catch a sale AND they have the items in stock. They can be slow to process and ship orders and they seem to ship by turtle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2016, 05:32 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

I have had good experiences with Gina K, 123Stitch, I Brake for Stamps, Purple Onion designs, Avery Elle, and Hallmark scrapbook.

Joann.com sometimes has great prices but shipping is slow. I haven't ordered from SSS in a while, but when I did the shipping was really slow, too.

You may have some luck with Amazon, but usually the things with good prices do not have prime shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mo's Digital Pencil--I realize her products are, well, digital, but the ordering and downloading process is fast and easy.

Gina K--great quality as many have mentioned and good service
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

Lawn Fawn and Mama Elephant have excellent customer service and ship quickly as well ;)
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. 1 John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
Stampin' Up! just sent me a whole replacement stamp set for free after I wrote saying I had damaged beyond use just 2 of the stamps. I'd call that great service! :p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

From Stampin Up - I have a great demo and I get my orders quick. I've always been happy with the products.

Gina K is probably my favorite online company for both service and quality of products. Everything I've ordered from them has been top notch, and the customer service is great. They also ship pretty quickly.

I've always gotten great service from Verve and SweetnSassy stamps.

My Favorite Things is another company I've ordered from, but I have mixed feelings about them. I really like their stamps and dies, and their cardstock is good quality, but a lot of it sells for 40% more than other companies. You get 15 sheets for the same price as 25 sheets of Gina K. or SU. That's too much of a difference IMO. And I don't like their ink pads as well as Gina K or SU. Also, they run out of stock very quickly after they release it and it seems to take forever to get it back in. But like I said, I love their stamps and dies and that keeps me as a loyal customer.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 03:35 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oozak. Rusty has great prices, ships quick and has great service. if something is going on that might delay shipments a bit its on the top of his front page. It might be a bigger sale, vacation or school for his kids. He actually is at work around 6:30 or earlier to work with his 3pm shipping pickup time. (I live in the Kalamazoo area and have him hold my things for pickup, he's a great guy and I hope he can open a storefront in his new location-- he moved last fall to a bigger location )

Simon Says Stamp I've always had good experience with them and have been ordering for a couple of years, maybe 6-8 different orders. Customer service got right back to me within a day when I had a question about something that I had messed up. They were very helpful. If it's a big sale Simon sometimes is a little longer (which they even warn in the website if I remember correctly) but still very reasonable. Last time I actually got my sale order before I expected it. Their house brand products are really nice (quality and designs) and lower priced than national brands.

I've had really slow shipping from Joann's but did place an order last year and found shipping speed on that to be much better than in the past. To be fair I only order during sales and/or reduced shipping costs so maybe that is partially why but the delays had been really, really, long....weeks. Unless there is something I can't get elsewhere I no longer look to them for items. I also think their inventory selection for what I'm looking for is not as good as it used to be.

Barb in kazoo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 08:32 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I have to say I have ordered from a lot of companies and it would be shorter for me to list problems than good people because that would be in the literal dozens. As a retail industry, I keep saying I am SO impressed with how nice, generous, and attentive the stamp sellers are. Try getting that from clothing or so many others. haha I am pretty spoiled actually now with CS in this business. I wish it was always like that everywhere! Maybe because so many of them are smaller and users of the product.

I have to admit though I generally dont care if it takes a couple weeks to get an order so I may have a different yardstick.

I do have to agree about Joann's though. They have a number of issues no national firm should have in 2016. I always get good CS on the phone, but I should not have to be calling in in the first place. They are slow getting new release stuff too other than Tim Holtz.

I love ScrapMart for pricing, but I have had issues with their shipping packaging. It can be so flimsy as to risk the dies. Very nice on the phone. I am not going to stop buying but since you asked.

I'm in it now with a company, but I dont want talk about it till I see how it falls out to be fair. Not looking good.

See? For all my ordering, that's all I have to cramp about from years of ordering, so that's why I feel so good about the business in general.

Of course having said this, now I'll have 10 problems in a row. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Heartfelt Creations is absolutely my favorite company.... for product and service. My orders are sent promptly and I love their stamps and paper. I've met many of them at conventions and they are always so eager to help. Also I've had great service from The Frantic Stamper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I give another wholehearted recommendation for Unity Stamp Co! Very friendly, helpful company and as Sue said they have awesome sales. I love their stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes