Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 862 Likes on 513 Posts
Default What are you missing?

Right now I am missing two stamps. One is a tiny "TO:" stamp, and the other is a Christmas greeting stamp that I really like. The "TO" stamp is tiny. It might have fallen into my scrap paper tote. That will be so fun to go through; NOT! And I think the other one might be in one of my homemade stamp travel platforms, and I know I put it somewhere where I thought I'd remember it. (I have done that so many times!!!) That's all that I've noticed missing so far. I doubt that's all I'm missing!
So what are you missing? Do you all spend as much time hunting for stuff as I do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

My stampin’ blends. Like the whole set they had about a year or two ago. I know they are in my house somewhere. Ughhhh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 08:04 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Oh no!  I feel your pain!  I hope you find them soon! 
I get so tired of looking for stuff, and nine times out of ten, it is either right in front of my face, or I've put it someplace where I just know I'll remember it.  
I am procrastinating going through my scrap paper tote!
Hope you find your Stampin Blends soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 04:08 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I am missing one of the greeting stamps from a Christmas set I use often.  If it doesn't turn up, I will be sad during next year's Christmas card frenzy.  I am also missing a teeny tiny star stamp that I assume is gone forever.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 06:51 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Of everything I have lost...I miss my mind the most!!! LOL  Ever go into a room and think...what did I come in here for????  After all the Christmas crafting that was done my Studio is a wreck!  It will take until Valentines Day to clear it up!!!  YIKES!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 07:29 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I lost a sentiment stamp from my favorite Penny Black Christmas sentiment set.  It's been gone for over a year and nowhere to be found!! So frustrating!

More recently I misplaced a small box of ribbons. I don't use ribbon often, but when I recently needed some red ribbon I couldn't find the box anywhere. At least I'm pretty sure this will be found eventually as I recently re-organized my craft room and I'm sure I just misplaced the box.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Little snow dots from In the Pines
Ice cream scoop from Sprinkles of Life
"a" from a die set
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

The stamp with five flower heads from the Darkroom Door Orchids set. It’s not a small stamp and yet it’s been missing for at least a year without me stumbling across it while looking for other stuff!

“B” from an alphabet a die set. If I want to personalise a card for anyone whose name begins with B I’ll have to pretend to be down with the kids - billy, brenda and ben 

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I'm in reverse. I found a couple of tiny stamps that must have fallen off a set but I have no idea which one. One is so tiny I am convinced it is a Lawn Fawn, but so far I have not figured out which one. 

I guess there is something to be said for storing stamps in pockets. I generally don't unless they are a stamp/die set or mixed sentiment set. (since I dont break sets yet, I gave up trying to decide where to go with that) Most are in binders. I would never have enough room for pockets. 

Oh wait-yes...I cant find in my index (!!!!) some stamps so I know which category to put a new one in. This means I am missing whole pages. sigh. Maybe I can reverse engineer that and just look for the stamps themselves. duh. 

Yes Mrs Noofy I am always forgetting why I walked into a room! But the good (?) news is I just read that is normal aging and not dementia. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 06:13 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
The stamp with five flower heads from the Darkroom Door Orchids set. It’s not a small stamp and yet it’s been missing for at least a year without me stumbling across it while looking for other stuff!

“B” from an alphabet a die set. If I want to personalise a card for anyone whose name begins with B I’ll have to pretend to be down with the kids - billy, brenda and ben 

Could you use a "P" and draw in the bottom part for a "B"?
Just a thought.  Happy Stampin'!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm missing all the sets of Christmas stickers I bought during the year!  I like to add small stickers to the inside of the card next to the sentiment and when I ordered anything this year and needed extras to get free shipping, I added stickers from different companies to have when I wrote out my cards.  I haven't found any of them and all the cards were mailed minus the stickers.  I've looked at every place where I keep my Christmas stuff - stamps, embellishments, paper, dies, ribbon, tags, etc. I know I got them all and "put them someplace safe"; I hope I find them before next year.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2020, 04:11 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post

Could you use a "P" and draw in the bottom part for a "B"?
Just a thought.  Happy Stampin'!!

It’s a good thought for a stamp, but not going to work for a die (you could potentially do it the other way round with a die cut and snip a bit off a B to make a P!)

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #13  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

I lost my masking fluid.  was not going to buy more, since I KNEW I had some.  well I found it and it's totally globbed up, never even used it ( though it is several years old LOL)  guess I am getting more, but I have the needle tip! haha

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2020, 02:34 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Oh wow!  Looks like a bunch of us are missing stuff!  Hoping we all find our stuff ( or where it belongs) soon!
I have rubber cement.  I thought I read you could use that as a substitute for masking fluid.  Was that right?
I bet that if I bought another stamp set just for that lost sentiment, it would show up.  I just refuse to buy a whole set, just to replace one stamp, even if I did like it a ton!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 12:53 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

My bow-maker. It normally sits on top of a small filing unit with paper on the corner of the desk, so I need to tidy my desk thoroughly in case it has fallen down sometime. I like it especially for tiny twine bows and I've needed it twice this week.

I would say one should never give up hope. I lost the sentiment (tiny) which I had cut off one of the stamps from Pun Fun. It turned up about four years later in the laundry basket - which I use every week. What it had been doing and where it was in the intervening years is a total mystery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 09:10 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I can't seem to find anything since I reorganized my room and supplies.  It's seriously making me nuts!!!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 11:10 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A small Merry Christmas stamp from my Hero Arts tag set.  I've been so careful this year!  And, I've been putting things back too!  I will find it when I least expect it 

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I spent hours Sunday afternoon cleaning off the catch bins of "stuffs" on my table, diecuts, tags, backgrounds... they turned into drop zones this year and I have one more bin to go through. So, I had a gift from Christmas I "lost" in the drop zone and mine is no longer missing as I actually found it late Sunday night  

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 05:43 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

So glad you found yours Stacy!!!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

(it was a gift for someone else I meant to say... so, I had to just haul it to work on monday with a laugh) but, at least I did find it, I cannot tell you how many times while I was wrapping I tore though my closet looking. (evidently the heaps and piles on the table were a really good hiding spot)
Fallidays, VSN, etc. ( it just built and built)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 11:08 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

I can so relate!  I still haven't gotten my area back in order!  I have been moving at a snail's pace, so I haven't gone through my scrap bin either.  
Glad you did find the gift though!  Better a little late than never!  I understand the frustration of hunting for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2020, 06:24 PM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I did find it helps me a LOT to have large labels on all my boxes. Remembering X is in the blue box and Y is in the green box...fuhgeddaboudit! LOL (omg...they actually have spell for that!!) 

It's all the stuff that is NOT in a box that is giving me trouble. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2020, 11:37 PM   #23  
Glitter Guru

I have most of my things labeled, and I also keep a lot of my stuff in clear/see-through containers.  If I can't see it, I won't remember it.  
Great news!  I found my "TO" stamp.  It was in my scrap tote.  I can't believe how tiny it is.  I think I'm going to put some Tack and Peel on the  back of it, as it has lost it's stick.  
Now I just have to find my extra stamp platform and Christmas stamp.  That'll be the harder one to find. I don't have a clue where it could be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2020, 01:02 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Oh, yay. Good luck finding the platform. You'd think it's harder to lose bigger things, but that ain't so. Fir me, consistency, as you mentioned, is key. Always trying to put things back in the same place. But doesn't always work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2020, 08:11 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Oh, yay. Good luck finding the platform. You'd think it's harder to lose bigger things, but that ain't so. Fir me, consistency, as you mentioned, is key. Always trying to put things back in the same place. But doesn't always work.

My ongoing issue for the past few months is that "the same place" keeps changing, lol. We bought a condo in July and I'm still tweaking all of my organization/storage in my craft room and still haven't landed on the "best" arrangement. I'm getting closer, though!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2020, 10:12 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
I have most of my things labeled, and I also keep a lot of my stuff in clear/see-through containers.  If I can't see it, I won't remember it.  
Great news!  I found my "TO" stamp.  It was in my scrap tote.  I can't believe how tiny it is.  I think I'm going to put some Tack and Peel on the  back of it, as it has lost it's stick.  
Now I just have to find my extra stamp platform and Christmas stamp.  That'll be the harder one to find. I don't have a clue where it could be.

So glad you found your "TO" stamp. Losing a stamp always drives me crazy and I can't stop obsessing about it. I still periodically look for an "It's A Girl" sentiment stamp that has been missing for 9 years. Now that's nuts! You had mentioned dreading looking through your scrap tote for that missing stamp and soon after I read your post I lost the cap to my glue bottle somewhere in my big box of paper scraps. I have large baggies of paper scraps, all organized vertically in a cardboard box next to my craft table. Losing something in there is like losing something at the town dump. I have to empty every bag and rummage through. After moaning and groaning about having to deal with that, I happened to look down near my feet and there was the glue cap. It had apparently bounced off one of the baggies and fallen on the floor instead...yay!
Now though, I realize that I can't find my containers of tiny brads that I know I have. Someone gave me some really, really teeny brads, and I put them in a "special" place so I can find them. Oops, I guess it was too special, because I have no idea where they are.
Karen 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2020, 02:19 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I seem to have more of a problem with short term losses than long term ones. By that I mean I'm working on something, just had it in my hands and it disappears! I've misplaced a completed card that I just finished. Also used something like my scissors and placed it within reach and it's not there when I reach for it? I know it's easy for me to get distracted but sheesh, what happened to my multi tasking skills since I've retired 7 years ago??

Now, if something goes missing and it's gone for any length of time, I tend to forget about it completely. I forget that I forgot where I put something. LOL! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2020, 03:04 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorie95View Post
I seem to have more of a problem with short term losses than long term ones. By that I mean I'm working on something, just had it in my hands and it disappears! I've misplaced a completed card that I just finished. Also used something like my scissors and placed it within reach and it's not there when I reach for it? I know it's easy for me to get distracted but sheesh, what happened to my multi tasking skills since I've retired 7 years ago??

Now, if something goes missing and it's gone for any length of time, I tend to forget about it completely. I forget that I forgot where I put something. LOL! 

Oh, story of my life! How often does it happen that I'm working on a card and am right in the middle of it...and I misplace half the card elements? Sometimes it turns out that I placed it upside down on my craft table so I'm looking at the blank back of my image. Other times, I put something on top of it and uh oh...where did it go? The craziest mishaps are when I put adhesive on an embellishment or layered image...and it gets stuck to something else. I've lost items like that for months. Now I try to use small zip lock baggies to corral all the parts to a specific card, but that only works if I remember to use them.
Sigh..
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a found and lost story. Right before Christmas 2019 card making began, I was walking barefoot around my bedroom, which is also my craft room. I stepped on something that felt odd. When I picked it up I discovered it was a very small, clear leaf stamp. Once I figured out what set it belonged to, I realized it was a set I had used for a one off card Christmas 2018!  I had made the one card, put the set away and never realized a stamp was missing. 
After almost a full year of walking, vacuuming and my dog eating things off the floor, there was this tiny little stamp!
I began my card making for 2019 in a really good mood having found that stamp.
By the end of card making 2019 I had lost a small star stamp from a new set I had purchased specifically for that year’s cards. 

I was so hoping shortly before Christmas this year, it would miraculously appear underfoot, but given how 2020 has gone I should not have been so hopeful. Still missing. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2021, 11:44 PM   #30  
Glitter Guru

Hope you find it Mary!  Glad you found your leaf stamp!
I have problems with short term and long term losses.  I have an issue with my eyes working together, so a lot of times I can be looking right at something and not see it.  I set things down and then can't find them.  I think I spend more time looking for stuff than crafting.  I actually worked for a short while in my area cleaning off my crafting table, and I can actually see some of the top of it now, and I have a place to work. It got really trashed, when I was doing the challenges.   While I was cleaning it, I discovered I had lost a bottle of glue.  I was like "Good Grief Charlie Brown!"  But not stressing over the glue.  If I'm meant to find it, it will turn up.  More bummed about not finding the Christmas sentiment stamp.  Hoping I will come across it eventually.  Thinking of just going ahead and buying another sentiment stamp that is a little similar.  I think I will.  It'll probably show up then!  lol...  
I am missing the like button, as I like all of your posts!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Thankfully I seem to be good this year -- nothing is missing (that I've noticed!).

More than once in the past I've lost a small stamp and given up on ever finding it, and then the next time I turn over my stamp platform or paper cutter, there it is right there stuck to the bottom side!

So if you haven't already checked, look on the bottoms of your tools and machines -- it's crazy how stamps can stick there and hibernate for months before we find them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2021, 03:57 PM   #32  
Glitter Guru

Thanks Renee!  I checked there too.  It'll turn up one day.  I broke down and bought a similar one.  It's not the same, but I didn't see the point in  buying the exact same set, just in case it did show up,and then I'd have all the other stamps in duplicate.
One good thing about going through and cleaning stuff, is I get to rediscover things I forgot I had.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 04:09 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

And all this time, I thought it was a rule of crafting that 50% of one's time was supposed to be dedicated to finding that thing you just had in your hand 2 minutes ago. 🤣
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 12:42 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
And all this time, I thought it was a rule of crafting that 50% of one's time was supposed to be dedicated to finding that thing you just had in your hand 2 minutes ago. 🤣
Yes, and it doesn't matter if you have 10 things on your craft table or 50....they still seem to go missing!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #35  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymom33View Post
My stampin’ blends. Like the whole set they had about a year or two ago. I know they are in my house somewhere. Ughhhh.
I can’t find mine either!
I have the original ones that you could return and get your money back. Out of about 30 of them, I only had 2 that were dry, so I kept them. I could swear I put them all in one of those blue tins they used to have, but I can’t find the tin. So frustrating!

I am also missing a die from a set. I forget the name, but it’s a Mexican theme. One stamp say “Party like there’s no manana”, I think. Anyway, I’m missing one of the banner dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 08:35 PM   #36  
Glitter Guru

Good news and bad news! Good news; found my travel stamp platform! Bad news: my stamp wasn't on it~ EEK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:32 AM   #37  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 393 Likes on 237 Posts

I have read over this thread a few times thinking I actually wasn't missing anything. Well, I am now and it isn't something little. I seem to have lost (tossed?!) all my masculine designer paper. I am heartbroken. I have looked everywhere and how can you lose 12x12 paper in a container? Which is why I'm afraid I somehow threw it away. I am really upset over it. I was crying last night
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #38  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 393 Likes on 237 Posts

Well, apparently, I just need to mention it here. I found the paper. And some more paper that I didn't know I was missing. Now I'm really mad at myself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 02:45 PM   #39  
Glitter Guru

Aww Joanne, Don't be mad at yourself! We all do it! I know the frustration though, and it seems like it's even worse when I'm sick. I looked in the cabinet where I found the stamping platform a dozen times. It was right in front!!! We're only human! We are too hard on ourselves! (((BIG HUGS!))) You are being too hard on yourself! I am so sorry you went through that! I am so glad that you found it though!
I am missing a bottle of Tombo glue. I am not going to worry about it. And I don't dare look for that stamp today. Having to lay down.
I hope you are in better spirits and getting some enjoyment today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:53 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Aww Joanne, Don't be mad at yourself! We all do it! I know the frustration though, and it seems like it's even worse when I'm sick. I looked in the cabinet where I found the stamping platform a dozen times. It was right in front!!! We're only human! We are too hard on ourselves! (((BIG HUGS!))) You are being too hard on yourself! I am so sorry you went through that! I am so glad that you found it though!
I am missing a bottle of Tombo glue. I am not going to worry about it. And I don't dare look for that stamp today. Having to lay down.
I hope you are in better spirits and getting some enjoyment today!
Hi Chris,
Oh my goodness, isn't that so crazy when you look for something and can't find it...and then it suddenly appears just where you've been looking?! The good thing is that you found it.
I seem to have misplaced my very favorite pair of scissors (my Cutterbee scissors that I use for all of my fussy cutting), argh. I'm making do with another small pair that isn't quite as good. I might have left it downstairs, because I was using it when I worked on some cards last week. It's always something, isn't it?
I remember having a home ec teacher in Jr. High school (back when they taught home ec). She would continually misplace her glasses and ask the class to help her look for them. Half the time they were sitting right on top of her head! Yup, now I've turned into that woman..haha!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes