Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What treasures did you get on Black Friday deals??

I'll start the thread to see what goodies people got on Black Friday deals .

I was not going to buy anything on Black Friday. OK, I only lied to myself a little . At least I did not go out to the stores.

However, I got a free shipping coupon from Joanns and decided to use it.

I had the 13" long Cuttlebug plates on my wish list and no one wants to ship them free without a large order because they are heavy.

Joann's had them on sale and free shipping so I ordered them. I also ordered the CB Candy Cane embossing folder at $2.99 also on the free shipping offer.
I have the CB quilling sets and they are too long to use the regular cutting plates in one pass. I have to put them thought the machine twice, once from each end. The dies cut so well the strips fallout of the die when I try to move them to cut again. I have to fiddle with them to realign them and felt using the long plates with one pass would be less frustrating

What great deals did you get??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

You actually got to Joann's site to shop??? Its been down for me, just like last year!
Anyway, I shopped online also and got a Cricut Create and a bunch of other little things to get the $100 free shipping. Got 2 embossing folders in there.
Last night at 12am went to Walmart to get a cricut cartridge. There was alot of people there but only me and 1 man at the Cricut area, so I got one cartridge, ran to checkout before all the other people did and was out of there in about 15mins! woot.
Also got Sure Cuts a Lot for my Cricut, they were having a Black Friday deal also.
Now Im sitting here thinking the crowds are all probably back home in bed should I go to Michaels for 25% off your whole purchase??? LOL
Probably Not!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went sneaking off to town about 9:45 to see what Wal-Mart had...There were not too many people, it was busy, but not throngs of bodies everywhere..I got two of the Cricut Lite Cartridges...you can't beat them for the price and a couple of 8GB flash drives...

Never tried to get to M's or JA's...maybe tomorrow...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well I have a cold and I'm also in Canada but that didn't stop me!! I got 16 Copic Sketch markers for $3.90 each ($62.40), free shipping at Scrap-Mart. I started a thread to tell everyone about the sale but said Copis, missing out the C, so maybe no one knew what I meant. I also got the Ornamental Iron cartridge from Cricutmachine.com for $26.95 + $4.18 S&H and some cartridge storage boxes from O My Crafts. I think that's enough for now. Great sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I got my gypsy at micheals. Also a cart there.
I got 3 cricut lite carts at Walmart. I even got to Joann's to look around.
I did buy a cart there too. The prices couldn't be beat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I went to Toys 'R Us and got a few goodies for my son, went to Old Navy and got him a few more goodies, then I went to my LSS where I got myself some goodies on sale! I was really good and didn't do any shopping online, I figured I did enough damage today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I went to WM and got Inspired Heart Cricut cart. They were out of Jolly Holidays but my husband went online & ordered it for me. Went to JoAnns & got Picturesque, 4 Sizzix Bigz Holiday dies & 2 embossing folders for 75% off. My JoAnns was giving out $5 gift cards when they opened so that was a nice surprise.
I went several other places to get IPods, MP3 player, comforter, etc. I started at midnight and was back home in bed at 8 AM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Well I got one cricut cart, Rock Princess, and I received my order from PTI that I ordered on the 15th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I was up very late on Wednesday so I went onto Joanns.com at about 1:30 AM on Thanksgiving and placed my order. I had no problem getting in at that hour.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I decided to go to Joanns at almost noon today and was glad I did- Hubby purchased me the cricut create on the 12th (while I was at the hospital becasue my father needed surgery)- so today I purchased 7 catrs to go with my new machine.

I'm a happy girl right now!!

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

We went to a craft store that was to have select Spellbinders dies for $9.99 ($24.99 value).. so they let us get any of the ones priced $24.99 for $9.99, then I asked if they'd match the $19.99 ones as well.. and they did.. so I got 9 packs (8/24.99-1/19.99) ~ then they had an additional 30% off coupon. So I got $219.91 worth of dies for $62.91 (6.99 each)... then I went to Hobby Lobby and used a 40% off on a Grand Calibur machine ... now I have to find a way to store all these new dies.. plus the really long dies that I got a couple of weeks ago for only $5.00.. so many new toys!

Happy Shopping and finding deals~

Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp luvrView Post
Well I have a cold and I'm also in Canada but that didn't stop me!! I got 16 Copic Sketch markers for $3.90 each ($62.40), free shipping at Scrap-Mart. I started a thread to tell everyone about the sale but said Copis, missing out the C, so maybe no one knew what I meant. I also got the Ornamental Iron cartridge from Cricutmachine.com for $26.95 + $4.18 S&H and some cartridge storage boxes from O My Crafts. I think that's enough for now. Great sales.
Okay, gotta know - how did you get them for that price? I shopped the same store and, I thought, the same ssle but I paid 4.14/marker!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
We went to a craft store that was to have select Spellbinders dies for $9.99 ($24.99 value).. so they let us get any of the ones priced $24.99 for $9.99, then I asked if they'd match the $19.99 ones as well.. and they did.. so I got 9 packs (8/24.99-1/19.99) ~ then they had an additional 30% off coupon. So I got $219.91 worth of dies for $62.91 (6.99 each)... then I went to Hobby Lobby and used a 40% off on a Grand Calibur machine ... now I have to find a way to store all these new dies.. plus the really long dies that I got a couple of weeks ago for only $5.00.. so many new toys!

Pam
Gee, I want to go shopping with you! You deal-finder, you.

I got the Slice Elite for $100; a price that I thought was good (nobody tell me differently, 'kay?). LOL! I shopped Ellen Hutson's and Christine Wooden's stores. Let's see, where else... MFT, ODBD, GinaK & Flourishes. I'm about to purchase from a new (to me) store called Victorine Originals. And, oh yeah, Impression Obsession. Yup, I was busy. $s all gone now - time for bed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

I bought the Cricut deal from Wal-Mart with two Lite cartridge, Jolly Holidays and Four Legged Friends (both very cute, BTW).

I got to WM around 11:00 last night, wandered around a bit, and then got in line for the $198 laptop to hold a spot for my BIL. Went over to the Cricuts around 11:30 and there were 3-4 people waiting. They had about 24 machines and I would guess around 100 various cartridges. Picked out the cartridges that I wanted and what machine, then grabbed it at midnight.

It was pretty wild at WM - I've never "done" Black Friday before so it was crazy. People everywhere, especially around the cheap toys and the cheap movies/video games. I did get a few other good deals. Got home around 1:30. That was the extent of my shopping today

My sister went to WM around 9 am this morning and they still had both Cricuts and cartridges left.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post

Pam
What craft store had Spellbinder dies at $9.99 ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Forgot I placed an order with Impression Obsession yesterday too. Busy couple of days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I made a purchase that was just too good to pass up....which basically cut down my spending money for craft items. I bought a 40" flat screen TV. I did make it to Michael's though and bought some more of the 12 X 12 plastic paper holder and cute Christmas ribbon (to use on my cards) that was already 70% off and then used the 25% off everything coupon on top of that. I also found these great cardboard boxes at Target in their clearance aisle....thought I would try them out to organize my copics. They were only 75 cents for a pair of boxes....can't lose.
Attached Thumbnails
What treasures did you  get  on Black Friday deals??-001.jpg   What treasures did you  get  on Black Friday deals??-002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I am being so good this year! I went to LSS early this morning and left empty handed. Nothing I had to have. Then Michael's and Joann's -- bought only what was on my list for Sunday School and a stamping class. No big splurges or impulse buys. Yea me!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I stayed up and waited for the Black Friday online deals, I was able to get my daughter the 19 inch flat screen for 99.00, in addition, a digital photo frame for 25.00 at Walmart's site, along with some other smaller items. Those were the two top things I wanted to snag on the BF deals. Got up today and went to the Sears on line site and they still had the hydraulic jack and stands in stock that my husband wanted for 1/2 price. Then after celebrating Thanksgiving this afternoon with my family I went to Justice's website and got my daughter some cute clothes at reasonable prices that she had been wanting.
I am happy to say I am over 1/2 done with my Christmas shopping!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 04:00 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I waited until tonight to go out for Black Friday. Which I guess was technically starting to fall on Saturday. I am a night owl.

I bought some bling at Michael's. I needed the bling so I don't think that counts. Some of the bling was on clearance I got an extra big discount. I love those unadvertised specials.

JoAnn's I got a beautiful screwdriver on clearance and some VersaMagic metallic inks.

WalMart I got Four Legged Friends Cricut cartridge.

Even though it's not crafting related I got a tablet. The best one for DH & I was that we got a profesional meat slicer. You can all stop laughing now. We were so excited. Wanted one for years. We were going to pay around $150. We found a beautiful one today for $50. When I saw it I actually screamed, lol.

Last edited by lylacfey; 11-27-2010 at 04:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 04:23 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

I went to Wal Mart and got a green expression and the four legged friends cart. I took this picture for some ladies on the cricut board who wanted to see it. I love my new bug!
Attached Thumbnails
What treasures did you  get  on Black Friday deals??-dsc09468.jpg  

Last edited by Kristipapercreatio; 11-27-2010 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: typos of course!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

AC Moore had the nestabilities for $9.99, and yesterday they had a 30% off coupon that you could use on them. I bought two for myself, and came home and told my husband about the sale so that he could opt to buy some for me as gifts! LOL! He did disappear pretty quickly so hopefully it will be a great holiday here! that is a fantastic price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

I got on Joanns.com early Thanksgiving morning and snagged the Big Shot Pro and a bunch of dies for 50% off. They were out of stock of 3 of the dies I wanted though.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Nothing, SIGH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I went to my favorite LSS Red Lead Paperworks and bought a bunch of 12 x 12 patterned paper. They were having a sale - 4 sheets for $1.00. I also got some brand new Cosmo Cricket & graphic 45 paper pads.

That is the only shopping I did and it was all for me! Loved it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #26  
Kookie Creator

I got the cricut expression from Menard's for 148.00. Thought that was too good of a deal to pass up.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristipapercreatioView Post
I went to Wal Mart and got a green expression and the four legged friends cart. I took this picture for some ladies on the cricut board who wanted to see it. I love my new bug!
Your bug is adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

I bought the new Lifestyle Crafts large flourish die and mini pizza box die! Then dh and I braved the huge crowds at BestBuy and picked up 2 more LG flat panels for our new house! It was a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not craft related, but, I got a pair of shoes. I hate shopping for wearable things (clothes, shoes, etc.). I found shoes online, and bought them. Hopefully they'll fit and will be comfy when I get them. I was ready to pay full price, but turns out the site gave me a Black Friday 10% off discount!! Whoo hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #30  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sma499View Post
I bought the Cricut deal from Wal-Mart with two Lite cartridge, Jolly Holidays and Four Legged Friends (both very cute, BTW).
These were the same two cartridges I purchased as well. They were really cute, I didn't care for the other cartridges very much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberTruckerView Post
Spent a big chunk of the day with my BFFs: we saw HP 7.1 and then had dinner at Maggiano's.
DH & I went Thanksgiving day to see HP, we had dinner at Cracker Barrell.

We went to Joanns Fri am, that was a madhouse!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

I did ALL my shopping on Thursday night/Friday morning. DONE for all four of my kids. Then, Thursday night I bought the Lifestyle Crafts Mini Pizza Box, Tickets, Dots & Dashes alphabet and the file folders. And, I'm headed to Amazon now to get myself a Kindle. Then, I'm seriously done. hahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #33  
Inking Addict

Default Not to hijack but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberTruckerView Post
Spent a big chunk of the day with my BFFs: we saw HP 7.1 and then had dinner at Maggiano's.
RubberTrucker, I didn't think I would ever find someone else that liked the Caps AND papercrafting Too bad you are on the West Coast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I placed an order with Impression Obsessions Stamps on Thursday for their once a year sale. Then I rec'd an email last night about their warehouse clearance so I placed a second order. They have some awesome stamps, great clearance prices and free shipping on a $35 order. Plus their customer service is excellent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well...I have not done any other shopping yet for kids or granddaughter yet but Hubby and I are getting a 50" flat panel with all the goodies FREE from using his Marriott points. that is our gift to each other. We already have a larger that that flat panel in the living room so this is for our office. It is scheduled for delivery on 12/7. I am not sure what craft items I am getting but I will be giving my sisters and close friends Hobby Lobby $50.00 gift cards. blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 AM   #36  
Compulsive Stamper

where can I find the 13 inch cuttlebug plates. I have never seen them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #37  
Kookie Creator

I went out at 6 am Friday morning to Menard's and bought a Cricut Expression for $149.00. Hubby was going to give it for me for Christmas but had to work Friday. He handed me the ad from Menards Thursday night and the cash then told me if I want it I could go buy my presennt. I was so happy to get this I ran over to Dunham Sport and got him his gravity chair that he has been wanting for our camping trips for $30.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
What craft store had Spellbinder dies at $9.99 ?
It was at AC Moore.

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 04:15 AM   #39  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got over $500 in savings! I stayed home. I had stuff picked out to the tune of $500 and then realized I could live without it since I have a crown and root canal I am still paying for until Jan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not a stand-in-line and battle-the-crowds kind of gal, but I did shop online on Friday. I ordered Songbird and Cindy Loo from cricutmachine.com for only $17.98 each so i was happy. then I shopped on Cyber Monday and found Christmas toys for the kids at good prices at K-mart.
All in all, a good weekend. Now if I can just get my sewing done in time....
Reply With Quote Likes