Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2022, 11:55 PM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

As for the clear epoxy dots turning yellow, you should be able to color them with any alcohol markers - Copics or Stampin' Up's Stampin' Blends. I've done that with rhinestones and pearls and it works great.
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
hoptownracer1 (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 05:59 AM   #82  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soozie4HimView Post
As for the clear epoxy dots turning yellow, you should be able to color them with any alcohol markers - Copics or Stampin' Up's Stampin' Blends. I've done that with rhinestones and pearls and it works great.
You are correct. They do color with alcohol inks. Just not sure what to do with them then. Most of them are larger than most embellishments, but something may hit me!
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (03-23-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 11:33 PM   #83  
Glitter Guru

Received 860 Likes on 513 Posts

Hi Kazeka,
I made a couple of the envelopes with the laminated sheets, and I used the strong double sided tape down the sides to hold it together, instead of using eyelets, and it seems to be holding well. I used the tape that has the red lining. Can't remember what brand it is, but it is strong. The envelopes are thin, and won't hold a lot, but it will hold a stamp set. I used a couple velcro closures to fasten it shut. Worked good to hold the longer stamp sets. Kept me from having to buy a whole package of larger envelopes ( which are actually too wide), when all I needed was a couple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
I used eyelets on some string closure envelopes that I made years ago and was so happy to be able to use the big eyelets on them. Unfortunately, the eyelets didn't hold up under use and tore out of the envelope after I used them a few times. Just be sure not to overload the clear envelopes if you make them because those eyelets usually can't take much pressure before tearing out. I have a tendency to overload my containers,,, so that was my problem. Adding a gusset on the envelope would probably really help to prevent that.
Karen

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 03-24-2022 at 11:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
kazeka (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 10:18 AM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Hi Kazeka,
I made a couple of the envelopes with the laminated sheets, and I used the strong double sided tape down the sides to hold it together, instead of using eyelets, and it seems to be holding well. I used the tape that has the red lining. Can't remember what brand it is, but it is strong. The envelopes are thin, and won't hold a lot, but it will hold a stamp set. I used a couple velcro closures to fasten it shut. Worked good to hold the longer stamp sets. Kept me from having to buy a whole package of larger envelopes ( which are actually too wide), when all I needed was a couple.
Hi Chris,
Great idea for storing those larger stamp sets that don't fit standard storage envelopes! I might have to think about doing that for a couple of clear sets that I own.
Funny thing about this envelope idea is that I was sorting a bunch of die cuts the other night that I had as extras (since I almost always cut extras whenever I use dies). They were all tossed into a couple of clear containers, in no order or theme...which made them pretty much useless. In order to actually start using them, I spent two hours sorting in to little piles, and putting them in small baggies. Then I began to wish I had some small, clear envelopes to hold die elements to specific sets, rather than putting them into baggies that are too big. Hmmm....maybe I need to whip up a few small clear envelopes the way you did.I store and file them in photo boxes, so don't even need to use a closure because the opening is kept at the top. I have some of that red liner tape too, and have never even used it.
Thanks for the idea!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #85  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Karen, that's why I keep my dies in A9 paper envelopes; all the extra diecuts can get stored in the envelope with the dies. Even if I don't use that extra diecut, it comes in handy when I am doing the layout and want to decide where and whether to place it.
Reply With Quote Likes
kazeka (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 01:01 PM   #86  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 603 Likes on 423 Posts

I have been trying to clean and organize. I will never use all I have! I’m honestly trying to buy less, so far it is going okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 01:09 PM   #87  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
Karen, that's why I keep my dies in A9 paper envelopes; all the extra diecuts can get stored in the envelope with the dies. Even if I don't use that extra diecut, it comes in handy when I am doing the layout and want to decide where and whether to place it.
Good tip. I do sometimes store extra die cuts in the same clear storage envelope as my die set, but then I forget about using them! I'm hoping that seeing them all sorted will remind me so I'll actually put them on cards. Oh, and I think my die storage needs to be expanded because they're all crammed in there and I can't see what I have. I have my dies stored upright in plastic boxes, and sorted by general themes, in a two drawer filing cabinet. My larger die sets that don't fit into the boxes are stored in a drawer in a nearby coffee table. .
As with so many of my supplies, out of sight means out of mind. Going through them periodically helps remind me what I have and has the added benefit of feeling like I got something new!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2022, 02:14 AM   #88  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I am in the process of reorganizing my embellishment stash. Additions to my "use it or lose it" list are chipboard letters and shapes and all the wheels I unmounted. Maybe tomorrow.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes