Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-25-2006, 07:51 PM   #81  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a Xyron 900 and refill, primas, CB embossing folders and dies, and a new comfy chair for my craft room!
Merry Christmas!
Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #82  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stampin' related - my DH did very well. I forwarded him an Archiver's email around T-giving, telling him the tote-ally awesome tote would make a great gift for someone! LOL Well I got it this morning. Plus his sis is one of my downline & he bought an 8.5 x 11 album for me from her (which I love, because it helps her make her minimums & I get things!).

Non-stamping wise we had a great Christmas too. DH & DD got me 3 more seasons of Gilmore Girls (YAY), DS (only 10) told DH he knew what he wanted to get for me - the Beatles Love CD (I'm a big Beatles fan)...so I love it even more because he thought of it on his own. :-) Someone else mentioned they got an IPod & so did I! DH bought me an IPod Nano (which is kind of a joke, since my name is Nan) - & he had my name engraved on the back. Too cool! So I'm a happy camper :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #83  
Rubber Obsessor

Wanna hear my *pity party*? I didn't get any presents at ALL! My sister and nephew drove to Oklahoma to spent Christmas with my parents, so we agreed we'd exchange gifts after she gets back. My Husband and I were all set to have a intimate Christmas together and he got called out with the airlines (still digging out from the blizzard) and wound up spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Austin, Texas and won't be home until tomorrow!! I asked him where my presents were hidden in the house and he said they are in his truck at the airport!! Waaahhhh....I can't even SNOOP! I had buffalo wings for dinner, so it wasn't all that bad � I'll let ya'll know if *Santa* got my stampin' wish list.
Tracy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #84  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwife
Wanna hear my *pity party*? I didn't get any presents at ALL! My sister and nephew drove to Oklahoma to spent Christmas with my parents, so we agreed we'd exchange gifts after she gets back. My Husband and I were all set to have a intimate Christmas together and he got called out with the airlines (still digging out from the blizzard) and wound up spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Austin, Texas and won't be home until tomorrow!! I asked him where my presents were hidden in the house and he said they are in his truck at the airport!! Waaahhhh....I can't even SNOOP! I had buffalo wings for dinner, so it wasn't all that bad � I'll let ya'll know if *Santa* got my stampin' wish list.
Tracy

Tracy
Sending big hugs and warm wishes your way- hope hubby makes it home soon. And you have a wonderful belated Christmas.
Laurie-Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 04:13 AM   #85  
Glitter Guru

I got everything I wanted from the Winter Mini for Christmas! That makes me happy. Of course I had to put the order in but my DH paid for it.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 04:45 AM   #86  
Matboard Maniac

I got the all purpose soldering burning gun discussed here on SCS from my daughter (she used to be an SU demonstrator until she adopted her little girl from Ukraine). She still stamps and we do the stamping thing once in a while. MY DH got me not one but TWO carts on wheels to carry all my stuff in when I go to Stamp Camps. The last camp almost hurt my back....I have got to learn to distribute the weight better!!! I am in heaven with my carts!! My DH also got me an MP3 player so I can listen to my musci whenever and wherever!!! Gotta love that guy. Houston...here I come!!!

Happy New Year to all ....I will be in Las Vegas with my DH...this is something he planned. Gals, there is hope for those husbands that seem like slugs. I learned a lonnnnnnnng time ago that you win them with a pleasant countenance and loving words rather than scowls and shouts. It takes time, but anything worth doing does. They do come around....

Love seeing what everyone got...it is like unwrapping your own present!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 04:54 AM   #87  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by amarie
I got an ENGAGEMENT ring for Christmas!! I am very happy, he did so good and he did it all by himself without me knowing!! His dad made me a huge shelf unit to put all my paper, stamps and supplies in. It is awesome!! Best christmas ever!!!
Congratulatiuons!!!!!!

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=77229
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:38 AM   #88  
Kookie Creator

No stamp toys, but I did send my DH (ok, hounded him) to the craft store to pick up a quickutz holiday set (from last year--snow angel) that was marked down to half price. I was so afraid they'd be gone by the time he got there, so was very happy to see it yesterday.

I'm also treating myself to a nice big SAB order next week. Kind of my gift to myseslf.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 06:03 AM   #89  
Pearl-ExPert

I just opened the SU order my husband made for me (it won't get here until after new years but I am still excited). I'm getting Carte Postal, French Flair, Leaves a la Carte wheel, and the Enchante paper. And everything else to co-ordinate with the paper - 2 wheel cartdidges, SS eyelets (both), 2 fullsize craft pads, the 2 large square punches and more!! The order was $225!! He also filled my stocking with some gel pens, Brads, and Primas!! I am so lucky - I think I'll keep him!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 07:21 AM   #90  
Insane Embellisher

I got a xyron 510 machine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #91  
Hardware Hotshot

I got a gift card for micheals ... now i just have to go spend it on something cool
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 07:26 AM   #92  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwife
Tracy
So sorry to hear this! I understand about your hubby. I am a FA. But just think about all the people he made so happy by showing up to do his job, so they could have a merry christmas! We would celebrate sometimes on the 22nd Dec. or 23rd Dec, or whenever, if I had to work on Christmas, just enjoy what ever day he has off! Have a happy new year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 07:33 AM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

My DH gave me diamonds but my sister gave me scrappin goodies and my best friend gave me the cutest stamp storage in blue and brown. And she got me a binder to hold my sample cards and she decorated the front with chipboard. It's awesome and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 07:36 AM   #94  
Kookie Creator

We had such a wonderful Christmas. I cannot believe my mother bought me the Wall Unit Plus ink pad holder from Storage Units Ink.!!!!! I'm so excited! I won't get it until January, but still......... Now I've got a swivel Portaink to get rid of if anyone is interested...... Oh- and I also got a $20.00 gift certificate for A.C. Moore's from the teacher I work with.

Of course I bought myself some stamps for Christmas....:rolleyes:

Just how many days until vacation?Who'da thunk 18 Kindergarteners would be this tiring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 07:38 AM   #95  
Matboard Maniac

Ooh, I forgot -- I also got a gift card to AC Moore and an amex gift card that I can spend anywhere.

My husband built a ribbon rack for my best friend and she loved it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

I got a Crop-a-dial and small number Snap Stamps. I had told DH that they had these items at our local Ben Franklin and to just go in and ask the girls there what I wanted, they would know. DH kind of forgot, but remembered and called my DS who works in town to go and get them for him. My DS forgot and then remembered at the last minute and had her boss's DH go down and get them. He was at the day spa where my DS works at the time and she was busy so he went. So I got what I wanted. It just took several people to do it, but that's ok.

I have some new stamp sets coming today. My order for my DS presents and some stuff DH got me was left twice in UPS facilities and didn't make it here in time. It now says it's out for delivery. I'm getting Merry, Fancy Flexible Phrases, Happy Everything and Wild About You and the hostess scrappin' kit. Yeah!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #97  
Mad Swapper

I got a really cool photo (turned card) display thingy. It's called the Umbra FotoFall. My dad found it for me in the Minneapolis airport.
Attached Thumbnails
What stamp toys did you get for Christmas?-cardtree.jpg  

Visit my blog: www.tracysstamptherapy.blogspot.com

My SCS Gallery https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=41884[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #98  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper4armyman
My DH got me a cricut!!!!!! HE DID GOOD!!!!

He also got me a gift certificate for a hair cut and style at my favorite place.

The biggest blessing was that he was here though!!!!!!!!!!!! I would take him over any gift any year.
I have to second what you said about your husband. I mentioned in an earlier post that he got me a cricut and a beautiful gold necklace, but I am the most grateful for him and that he is with me this Christmas.
He is only 37 years old. I am 33, and we have two young daughters and another baby on the way in April. On Dec. 9 I took him to the ER because he wasn't feeling well. He hadn't been well for about 5 or 6 days. I was never expecting the news that we got from the ER docs and nurses. They admitted him to the heart center and said that he had had a heart attack. Two days later he had a heart cath done, and we got the bad news that he was in pretty bad need of open heart surgery. The next day he had three by-passes done. Praise God that he is recovering and doing well now. Apparently his heart suffered no permanent damage (no dead spots).
This kind of experiece makes you not "sweat" the little things so much (let's face it being married and living with each other can be stressful at times, and you can tend to get on each others nerves).
Lesson to all--listen to your body, and if you have a family history of health issues make sure to guard yourself. Don't think that "it" has to wait until you are old.
Sorry about the hijack!!
I still want to read about the stamping goodies that you all received.
Member #2888
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #99  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelbenj
I have to second what you said about your husband. I mentioned in an earlier post that he got me a cricut and a beautiful gold necklace, but I am the most grateful for him and that he is with me this Christmas.
He is only 37 years old. I am 33, and we have two young daughters and another baby on the way in April. On Dec. 9 I took him to the ER because he wasn't feeling well. He hadn't been well for about 5 or 6 days. I was never expecting the news that we got from the ER docs and nurses. They admitted him to the heart center and said that he had had a heart attack. Two days later he had a heart cath done, and we got the bad news that he was in pretty bad need of open heart surgery. The next day he had three by-passes done. Praise God that he is recovering and doing well now. Apparently his heart suffered no permanent damage (no dead spots).
This kind of experiece makes you not "sweat" the little things so much (let's face it being married and living with each other can be stressful at times, and you can tend to get on each others nerves).
Lesson to all--listen to your body, and if you have a family history of health issues make sure to guard yourself. Don't think that "it" has to wait until you are old.
Sorry about the hijack!!
I still want to read about the stamping goodies that you all received.
Wow! I am so glad to hear he's ok!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #100  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a Xyron 900! I also got alot of misc stamps from Michaels :confused: I think what he must have spent on them I could have gotten some great SU stuff!! At least he tries.
SuG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #101  
Die Cut Diva

Stamps from mom and best friend and diamonds from DH! Also got 24 season 5 on DVD from sister and family. WooooHOooo, Santa rocked this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #102  
Polyshrink Goddess

I didn't get any stampin' gifts, really, but I had about $200 left (from $1,000!) on an AmEx gift card that I won in a contest that had to be used by the end of the year, so I used that to buy a Cricut!!!!!! It was on sale at JoAnn's for $189. So I also used some Christmas gift money and bought 2 font cartridges.

My future-mother-in-law gave me a $50 QVC gift card, so I'm going to use that for cutting mats and maybe the tool kit. Yay!

Happy Christmas, everyone!

www.kristisetzer.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #103  
Stampin' Fool

I received the most amazing gifts this year. I usually do not receive any surprises anymore but this year blew me away with generosity, love and support.

A fellow SCSer surprised me with a new renewal for the fan club. This was a true gift from the heart. God bless you!!!!

Another person from my church surprised me with a 100.00 grocery card.

Another surprise was a heart felt gift from my friend of sleep pants and a beautiful gold necklace that has a tree of life medalion on it.

My daughter gave me 2 CDs and some candy.
I received some cash also and bought myself a cuttlebug and alphas. M had the 50% coupon on here before christmas and today. So I took advantage of the sale.

The best gift though is the gift of our saviour Jesus Christ and the true blessings that come from him in my life.
Cathy member #11852
The Stamp Whisperer
Where the spirt of the lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor 3:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 02:14 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

My DD has this special signature flower that she has drawn on envelopes for years. She went out and had her special signature flower made into a rubber stamp just for me for Christmas!

My DH tried to figure out the punch purchase that I was hoping for -- bless his heart. He bought the Marvy oval punches but not with the lever and not with the scallop. Bummer -- it just means a return and waiting until I can find them in stock somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and I forgot my dear friend got me a program that I can use to design my very own postage stamps and order a set of them. That will be cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #106  
Matboard Maniac

I got a cricut too! I've already made some tags for next Christmas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #107  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey Ladies,

What's a Cuttlebug? and especially what is a ATG gun?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got some fun stuff this year~~~~
I got a new DVD player for my craft room and 4 movies. 4 bottles of prima flowers, zyron 510, 2 Cuttlebug alphabets and a couple embossing folders, 2 cricut cartridges, ott lamp, craft storage bag, and 4 new cabinets for my craft room, a 300.00 visa gift card and 400 cash. My big non craft room item was a new Dooney and Burke leather purse....

I'd say I had a great Christmas....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #109  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got two separate gift cards from Michaels for a total of $75, plus I got $175 in cash. I can't use the Michaels cards for my SU minimums but the cash will be going towards a SU order after January 1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #110  
Insane Embellisher

My DH did a great job this year! I received the cropodile, Xyron 510 8 SU punches, paper piercing mat, 3 ink pads that I desperately wanted, 4 SU markers, 11 stamp sets, 3 packs of card stock, 4 jumbo wheels and 3 regular size wheels and a bunch of other non SU stuff. He takes the easy route and buys what ever I write down, just to make it easy on himself. Oh well! Now I have lots to play with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 05:53 AM   #111  
Insane Embellisher

I got a Cricut from my sisters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #112  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissChelleyStamps
Hey Ladies,

What's a Cuttlebug? and especially what is a ATG gun?
An ATG gun in a adhesive runner. It is large and has the best tape ever and never lets your projects fall apart. Do a search on here and you will find posts reviewing it.
A cuttlebug is a die cutting and embossing machine. I love it for the embossing.
it is less expensive than some of the other brands and the dies are cheaper also. You can also use other brands of dies with it.
If you watch Mikes and Joann you will be able to find it and use the 40 + 50% off coupon. I got the machine and 3 alphas all at 50% off I was in heaven then not only that I am able to use the fiskars embossing plates with it. I got the tip from a couple of Blogs and was able to make it work .
Cathy member #11852
The Stamp Whisperer
Where the spirt of the lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor 3:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 06:29 AM   #113  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG
I got a Xyron 900! I also got alot of misc stamps from Michaels :confused: I think what he must have spent on them I could have gotten some great SU stuff!! At least he tries.
SuG
Like you said, at least he tried! Kind of cute, really... Maybe you can take them back and use the $$$ on SU stuff. It's at least worth a try, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 08:07 AM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with freedom43 above, the best gift is God showing His love for all of us by providing our Savior, Jesus! I am also so thankful for my wonderful family ~ they are all such great gifts in my life!
After reading about mounting the Big Blossom, I mentioned the hot knife, and my wonderful DH got me the Walnut Hollow craft knife (had DD stop for it on her way to spend Christmas with us in the N MN woods). I haven't tried it yet with the family all home, but hope to get to that today, and get my BB mounted and try some kissing with it!
Zephaniah 3:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #115  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by amarie
I got an ENGAGEMENT ring for Christmas!! ...
Congratulations!!!! So...are you going to stamp all your wedding stationary?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #116  
Kookie Creator

My husband is getting me new flooring for the kitchen and dining room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #117  
Mad Swapper

I got a SU gift certificate from my stepdaughter and crack dealer errr........ I mean demo

From DH I got a Badger air brush and compressor, so I don't have to run it off canned air. I'm not quite sure yet how to use it for stamping related projects, but I will probably use it a lot for background type projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #118  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

My DH did a wonderful job. He wasn't supposed to get me anything so I could spend during SAB. But he said I can still place my order. Anyways, he bought me HotMarks heat tool, MM Grommet kit, MM Embellishment Jar Set, tons of ribbon, chipboard, stickers, buttons, Prima flowers, adhesive, and paper. The best part was that he hand picked the paper, sheet by sheet. Plus a canvas bag. He said the ladies at Archiver's were very impressed.

My Mom got me a Cuttlebug and embossing folders, a Crop-A-Dile, and a few retired sets I wanted. And my sister gave me Joanns gift cards.

Lots of stampin' stuff here. I feel so spoiled.

Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #119  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stampin related....hubby put eyelets and brads in my stocking. What's cool about that is he said.."I noticed you used these a lot on your cards, so I made sure to get you some". I received a combined total of $80 to spend at the local Archivers store.

Non stampin related he got me a tanzinite (spell?) necklace. Love it!

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #120  
Watercolor Wizard

I got a Michaels gift card and a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure and massage at a nearby day spa.
Reply With Quote Likes