Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Sentiment to use for Donation card

For Christmas, I would like to give certain recipients a gift of a donation to charity in their name, in lieu of a traditional gift. I think it is right to give a notification of this in a card that they can open on Christmas morning.

What type of sentiment would you use on this card? Merry Christmas, Thinking of you, something else? Any ideas on what to write inside?

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I have to say I am very leery of this.

Someone gave money in my name once to a place I never would have, that I really disliked intensely. It caused a problem between us when I said please don't do this again/give money in my name w/o talking to me and he got in a huge huff and arguing with me about the place.

Donations are usually very nice but you can never know how people feel about places. It is your money, but their name.

I would suggest strongly that you give people a choice of three places-or just their choice period. It isn't a bad thing if they know in advance and your card is a confirmation of it. Merry Christmas is good or Happy Holidays. Typical sentiment in the card with a hard written note about the donation.

A number of people have done it this way over the years with me and it worked out great.

Just my humble thoughts.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wave jumper, thanks for your thoughts, I’m sure a choice of charities could be a good option for some, but that is not the case here at all.

Usually if you donate online they will mail or email something, but I would prefer to do that personally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Whatever sentiment you’d ordinarily put on a Christmas card would be fine, with the information inside. Or you could put “a gift was made in your name” and “Merry Christmas” or similar on the front, with details inside.

A non-profit once began snail mailing us donation requests/newsletters after a donation was made by someone in the name of one of our animals who had died. Some non-profits also raise funds by selling their mailing lists. I had to contact them to be removed. Sometimes they’re slow to do that.

So for anyone donating in someone’s name, checking if it can be done without the recipient added to a mailing list might be a kindness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 05:03 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

A lot of the Vendors we deal with give us as a company "corporate gift baskets type things" and one place always stands out because, they instead send out a nice card with a letter inside that reads.

we "blankety-blank co." have made a donation to this charity this year on behalf of all of us, our employees and our customers. thanks for your business type of a thing.

I believe they make the donation like that as

on behalf of all
the employees and customers of said co.

So that would be another way to do it if you do not feel comfortable giving out other people's information to say from "the friends and family of "howdyheidi" type of a thing?" just a thought.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2019, 05:10 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

I actually love it when people give a gift to a charity in my name. That being said, if it was charity I did not agree with, as has been stated, I would not appreciate it. Usually the company sends a card letting you know the donation was made in your name. It can be very hard to know which charity, but the ones that have been given in my name have been to charities known to be important to me.
Reply With Quote Likes