Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2021, 07:09 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What catagory to pick when uploading a card?

Where do we put cards when the stamps used are other than Stampin Up? Sometimes it is just card with general stamping and techniques. Is this site primarily for SU? Should we not be posting anything but SU. I love SU, but have lots and lots of other brands. Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 08:41 AM   #2  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

you can choose a category based on your tech you used or just put it in your gallery
which means don't choose any ;)
make sure you use keywords for the stamp co that you do use, if you know it then others can find it when they search

while this site was started by Stampin' Up! demonstrator and does make focus on SU, it's not by any means SU only here

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

All stamps matter! You can just upload to your member gallery if your card doesn't fit a particular set or technique (even if it does - no need to stress over the subcategories!). If you want to include your card in gallery searches, make sure you use the keyword section to note themes, companies, and/or supplies.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2021, 06:05 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Just to confirm-ALL cards loaded-no matter to where-will show up in the general viewing galley I look at daily right?

What if for some reason a person did not want that to happen but to just load to their personal...is there a way avoid it? ie I dont have a gallery. If I wanted to load some OLD cards without it hitting the general viewing is that possible? I noticed we had a case where a person was loading what seemed to be their whole "backlist" for years, and the gen viewing was getting bombed with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2021, 07:25 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Just to confirm-ALL cards loaded-no matter to where-will show up in the general viewing galley I look at daily right? What if for some reason a person did not want that to happen but to just load to their personal...is there a way avoid it? ie I dont have a gallery. If I wanted to load some OLD cards without it hitting the general viewing is that possible? I noticed we had a case where a person was loading what seemed to be their whole "backlist" for years, and the gen viewing was getting bombed with it.
An album will give less exposure, but I can't offhand remember whether they will still show on the gallery home page. My feeling is yes, they still will. And yes, all cards will show in both the "fixed" gallery and in member gallery, and recent uploads. DD cards: Fan Club members will see them in the daily uploads but others won't. Also specials like product reviews and challenge hostess samples may be uploaded ahead of time and won't be visible till they are moved to a public gallery - in which case the time stamp on the initial upload dictates whether they show in recent uploads or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2021, 07:53 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Just to confirm-ALL cards loaded-no matter to where-will show up in the general viewing galley I look at daily right?

What if for some reason a person did not want that to happen but to just load to their personal...is there a way avoid it? ie I dont have a gallery. If I wanted to load some OLD cards without it hitting the general viewing is that possible? I noticed we had a case where a person was loading what seemed to be their whole "backlist" for years, and the gen viewing was getting bombed with it.
I started my gallery long after I joined SCS. I was just a "lookie loo" for a long time. So I would load 10 at a time from my photo library. I read that 10 was the maximum per day you could load. I thought that was a reasonable amount for viewers to skim over before getting to the next poster in line. Do other viewers out there find 10 too many of one poster's cards to see together in the gallery? There are some card makers that are prolific enough to make 10 cards in a week and upload the pictures.
When I look back at some older entries in galleries the cards are as relevant today as they were several years ago. I guess if you are looking for only newer stamp images that could pose a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes