Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the best scrapbooking stores in Phoenix

I am traveling to Phoenix and would like to know from the gals who live there....what is the best places to go, I am talking about small stores not the chain stores like Michael's. I am hoping to find some things I can't find locally here in Calgary, Canada....what are your favourites and why?
thanks for your help
Jeannine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default What are the best scrapbooking stores in phoenix

Hello from a fellow "canuck" who spends winters in the Phoenix ( mesa) area. I am a cardmaker and as such get my supplies from Scrapbooking stores.

From my7 years here, I find they are all different and cater to different things.By that I mean some seem to be more into digital and others into more artsy types of scrapbooking and cardmaking. Some carry a lot of stamps and some hardly any. Maybe if you were more specific in your "wants" some of the girls might direct you to a store that has more of what you want.

I have lived in Calgary , and Phoenix is much larger and stores are much further apart. So you might also want to be more specific .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Try this link:

Best RUBBER STAMP Stores in the Valley... - Phoenix

If you scroll to the bottom there is a clickable link to PAPER ARTS stores.

Hope this helps you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Good Point
I am looking for cardmaking supplies, I am not into scrapbooking. So what I am looking for is a store that has a good variety of embellishments, paper, ink. One that has a good mix of most supplies. I will be in the Sun City West area but we are willing to make a day of it to shop around. We are planning on going to Messa so I won't rule that area out. So where do you shop when you go.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

what style of paper do you like? vintage or cute doodle style?

Here are two of my favorite places in the west valley-

Occational Artist is located in downtown historic glendale. she has rubber stamps and supplies very neat store. copic marker, inks, embellishments, not a lot of scrapbook paper mostly card stock. this shop is perfect for the card maker and book binding crafting.

Phoenix Scrapbook Store is located at I-17 and Cactus inside an brass armadillo antique mall. its not very big but has lots of unique embellishments, vintage paper, cheap prices on scrapbook paper, collage sheets, german scrap, etc. items vary here and different each time I visit. not much stamps but stuff is super cheap. Mostlly vintage stuff. i just find out about the new bigger location opening in Goodyear 3/1/12.

In other areas -
Frenzy Stampper in downtown Scottdale has alot of wm rubber stamp and lots of stamp supplies mostly artsy mixed media stuff.

Stamp Works in Chandler has a mix of wm rubber stamps and clear stamps and a lot of copic markers and supplies. Stampwork has a variety of cute images, tilda, Greeting Farm, vintage, Stampscapes, and every type of stamp for any theme. not lots of embellishments like charms or doodads for cards like Frenzy Stampper. This place has the biggest selection for stamps in Arizona. Sometimes hard to find it is behind buildings in an old house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Fabulous list!!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Dee
That was real informative and gives me some stores to look for. I went to Stamps Works last year and enjoyed my visit. So I am going to give the other two a try.... I hope to go to the new store in Goodyear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

If you happen to be in the area in the beginning of March, there is a great stamp show in Mesa. Here is the link with more info Mesa, AZ � Spring Show | Rubber Stamp Events

Enjoy

Geri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAnastasiView Post
If you happen to be in the area in the beginning of March, there is a great stamp show in Mesa. Here is the link with more info Mesa, AZ – Spring Show | Rubber Stamp Events

Enjoy

Geri
I totally forgot about the Rubber Stamp Show! I'll have to check my calendar to see if I can attend!

Side note: {Mesa is in the East Valley...about 45 - 60 minutes from Sun City West/Surprise area...depending on traffic}.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default What are the best scrapbooking stores inMesa

Hello again. If you had specified cardmaking as your primary interest ,I would have suggest Scrapbooks Etc now called ETC at the corner of University and Lindsy in Mesa. It has been mentioned here a number of times ,and I think they have one of the best selections of paper. They also have a huge selection of die cuts which you can use for the mere price of $3 for 1/2 hour of $5 for ann hour. You can bring your own paper or buy theirs.

They also have a classroom which you can use and all the tools for free as long as there is not a class being held there.

The Stamp Barn on Val Vista used to be a fav, until they told me thery were going into digital stamps so they have few stamps there.

Last year I visited Stamp Works which was highly recomended ,and was very disappointed. Many stamps here but every time I asked for one of the stamps that were used on the examples she was sold out. I had quite a list of things that I could not get . She told me they had just had a class and sold out, but my wants were so varied I could not believe that she did not have one of the 10 things I wanted. I then found out that she has been trying to sell the store ,and can now apreciate that she does not want to carry a large inventory of new things. Having said this ,I am going to go back this year in the event that last years visit was an anomoly (sp). She does carry a variety of companies and I believe she now carries Memory Box dies which is what I hope to check out.

Like anywhere you live different stores carry different things and its a matter of finding the one that best suits your needs. Mind you that does not stop me from checking out the good advice from the gals here.

I am off to Maui next week ,where I hear there is also a new stamp store since last I visited .Enjoy your visit in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

our you looking for smaller 6x6 paper pads? I notice there are none at the chain stores, many of the local stores carry them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Jeannine,
I live in Peoria which is not far from Sun City, there is a LSS called the Crop Girls on 97th Ave and Peoria. This store carries a variety of stamps and the ladies are nice. Another store in the west valley is Scrap Happy Sisters on 67th Ave and Happy Valley road, they carry a mixture of stuff. The Craft Retreat is on 59th Ave and Greenway, it is a smaller store but they do carry stamps. inks and other stuff. I went to the Occasional Artist the other day and was disappointed as she only had a few select stamps, when they were in the other building they carried alot more, I have also always thought that her prices were higher. I recently went to the LSS in Anthem which really isn't that far by way of the 101 and 1-17. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or want more specifics and I will find out what I can for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

The Creative Quest is in Glendale. 7146 N 57th Ave, 623-847-2215. I find them to be a bit snoty, they don't answer the phone or return messages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

The Creative Quest is no longer there, it was turned into a boutique. Some of the owners bought the little house next door and it is now called the Occasional Artist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

That's interesting about Creative Quest; goes to show you how often I went there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci in AZView Post
Jeannine,
I live in Peoria which is not far from Sun City, there is a LSS called the Crop Girls on 97th Ave and Peoria. This store carries a variety of stamps and the ladies are nice. Another store in the west valley is Scrap Happy Sisters on 67th Ave and Happy Valley road, they carry a mixture of stuff. The Craft Retreat is on 59th Ave and Greenway, it is a smaller store but they do carry stamps. inks and other stuff. I went to the Occasional Artist the other day and was disappointed as she only had a few select stamps, when they were in the other building they carried alot more, I have also always thought that her prices were higher. I recently went to the LSS in Anthem which really isn't that far by way of the 101 and 1-17. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or want more specifics and I will find out what I can for you.
Luci - I haven't been to the LSS in Anthem, I need to check it out. I know it's been around for several years. How is the overall selection and prices?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Well Girls
Thanks for your imput, I am leaving soon so I hope to get to some of these places....
Jeannine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsavardView Post
Well Girls
Thanks for your imput, I am leaving soon so I hope to get to some of these places....
Jeannine
I can't wait to hear your feedback about the stores you get to visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Here is the one that just opened in Goodyear AZ:

PHOENIX SCRAPBOOK STORE

Its really cute! It looks shabby and vintage and inside a huge antique mall. Not far from where you will be visiting in the west side valley of PHOENIX. (I live in souther az noting in Tucson any more)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I am glad I found this thread. I have been to Scrapbooks Etc. in Mesa, and it is pretty cool. I am a die-hard stamper and I was really liking this store, they also have fabric which is kind of cool. We usually go down to the Rubber Stamp trade show at the Mesa Convention Center when it's there (twice a year). We had been to Creative Quest one time, and we've been to one in Glendale a few times, maybe it's The Craft Retreat but it wasn't called that when we were there. Another thing I have been wondering is if Sandy's Corner is still in Prescott. They had a lot of really cool Artsy stuff. Does anyone know?

"Cowboy, take me away..." - Dixie Chicks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sandy's Corner is no longer in Prescott. As far as I know all the small scrapbook stores we had are gone. We have Michael's & Joann's in Prescott, and Hobby Lobby in Prescott Valley. A friend & I went to the Mesa rubber stamp show a few weeks ago. I felt like a kid in a candy store! I love to see new products and techniques and apparently (sadly) the only way to find that anymore is to travel to Phoenix or shop online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Last year or year before a friend told me that Sandy's Corner had closed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

Does any one know if any of the north/northwest stores have die cut machines available? I need several sizes of stars, and my poor little sizzix won't do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mystic Paper is CLOSED now, as of 5/26/12. A new location is pending.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieDidIt!View Post
Does any one know if any of the north/northwest stores have die cut machines available? I need several sizes of stars, and my poor little sizzix won't do it.
I have been told that the Joann's in Prescott has a Cricut that can be used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is a current list of Stamp and Scrapbook Stores in Arizona:

Scrapbook Stores in Arizona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 06:28 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Any updates to this list? I know Etc. and Occasional Artist still exist. Planning a short trip to Phoenix and dh actually offered to take me to at least one store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorism6220View Post
Any updates to this list? I know Etc. and Occasional Artist still exist. Planning a short trip to Phoenix and dh actually offered to take me to at least one store.
Sadly, four stores closed last year. There are seven that remain in the Valley. Each and every one is unique and worth visiting.

Here is a link that shows the current list:

Scrapbook Stores in Arizona

What part of the Valley will you be in? Perhaps you can sweet talk him into taking you to more than one store? LOL! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

We're staying in Scottsdale. I don't want to push my luck too much so I'm trying for a couple...thanks for the info. At home all the local stores have closed so I have to drive an hour to the closest store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorism6220View Post
We're staying in Scottsdale. I don't want to push my luck too much so I'm trying for a couple...thanks for the info. At home all the local stores have closed so I have to drive an hour to the closest store.
The stamp store (Frenzy Stamper) in Scottsdale CLOSED last year. It might be about 45 minutes in either direction to visit the closest stores, just depends on traffic.

Many years ago, there were over 25 scrapbook and stamp stores in Arizona and in the Phoenix area. Now there are seven stores that remain in the Phoenix Metro area. We hope they stick around for the years to come.

The three stores (Etc. and Scrapbook Barn) in the East Valley are geared a bit more towards scrapbooking style, with Etc. offering more fabrics and part scrapbook supplies. (Etc. used to own Bazzill, which is now part of American Crafts). CraftFusion is more mixed media style. East Valley stores are located in Chandler, Mesa, and Gilbert.

The three stores in the West Valley offer more items for card makers (The Paper Collage and Scrap of Love). Occasional Artist offers more wood mount stamp selection and book binding. West Valley stores are located in Sun City West, Glendale, and Peoria.

There is Melrose Vintage in Central Phoenix. Part vintage Shabby Chic furniture store and part scrapbook store.

All are fabulous stores with each one having very individual style and merchandise. Check out each store's website and/or Facebook pages to get a better idea of which ones you'll want to visit. Would love to hear about your store visits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I would say that Scraps of Love in Peoria is my favorite. They have tons of different stamps, papers and accessories. I live about 45 minutes away, but it is totally worth the trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #32  
Embossing Fanatic

My favorite retail store is the Paper Collage in Sun City West. Its very charming and cute. I visit everytime I visit from Tucson my friends and I travel for the day. I like their selection for cardmaking stuff. The owner girl is very nice and friendly. They open 4 days a week I visit when they open. Worth the drive. Not too much stores still around.

I also visit Occational Art Quest in downtown Glendale too. I like there stamp selection not big store. Located in old house. They have nice sample card ideas.

I like AZ Scrapbooking in Green Valley. That is closer to me in Tucson, not in the Phoenix area. Good for card maker selection.

I not like the big craft stores have boring and not good selection. Good luck on you visit to Arizona.
Reply With Quote Likes