Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Watercolor Wings

i got the watercolor wings set and i am so frustrated trying to get it to stamp, i know its supposed to be white showing, but the results i get are horrible. I am using a pad under it when i stamp. Anyone have any suggestions?? i'm getting tired of buying all these expensive stampin up stamps and then not get good results.

thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2016, 10:09 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i remember correctly, I struggled when I first used this stamp set as well. I believe I had to scrub it well with a white eraser to get a clean stamped image with that solid one, then it worked much better

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say horrible – what does it look like? I think even the solid stamp is a half-tone type stamp, which creates a soft, fuzzy or watercolor look. The type of ink, and absorbency of your paper, used can affect that look. I've used this set with chalk inks (which I think look best) and dye inks (which aren't quite as pretty, to me).

Last edited by poppydarling; 01-22-2016 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2016, 05:37 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I used a juicy stamin up ink pad on whisper white cardstock, one side just does not stamp, I know it's supposed to have some bare spots , but not like im getting, I've watched a ton of videos and they all appear to do perfect, I used a pad under it like I do on all my photopolymer stamps. I just dont know, I've had it a long time and just decided to give it a try, thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcityView Post
I used a juicy stamin up ink pad on whisper white cardstock, one side just does not stamp, I know it's supposed to have some bare spots , but not like im getting, I've watched a ton of videos and they all appear to do perfect, I used a pad under it like I do on all my photopolymer stamps. I just dont know, I've had it a long time and just decided to give it a try, thanks
Are you still in touch with your demo? I would talk to them about this � stamps can be defective from time to time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Watercolor Wings

I've had it for 4-5 months and just now trying to use it, so to late to send back. I've learned a lesson :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 09:28 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 161 Likes on 78 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcityView Post
I've had it for 4-5 months and just now trying to use it, so to late to send back. I've learned a lesson :-)
The usual warrantee period is 3 months. However, I've had defective items replaced for customers beyond that, especially if the item was recently used for the first time. While Stampin' Up! would love everyone to test the products as soon as they arrive, they know it doesn't always work out that way. No harm in asking your demo to find out if SU is willing to help you out. (If your demo lives nearby, maybe she can look at the set and figure out what's wrong...stamping technique? ink pad issues? defective image?) Be prepared for the company to ask for the defective set back; they don't always ask, but sometimes they want to look at the defect to see if they need to fix something on the production line.
Reply With Quote Likes