Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips/Ideas for our Markers???

I just completed my first Marker Club and with the customers final color family, I would like to include a tip sheet of things that can do with their new markers--- does anyone have a list of tips/ ideas/ or suggestions that I can include with this final delivery?
TIA
Sharon Delli Santi (NJ)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I LOVE using my markers on my stamps. Coloring the different parts in different colors and then 'huffing'. Great for the fruit stamps!!!!
Also, you can use your blender pen with your markers. Take the 'brush' side of the color you want to use & run the blender pen over the tip. Then color on the card using the color on the blender pen. It gives it a muted look, but not as soft as the aquapainter.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Arrow

I don't have the markers, but am always looking for new tips & techniques.

There's a similar thread here (click!) with a tip sheet from an unidentified source.

And then there's the List of Stamping Techniques thread which you may want to look through for more ideas!

Edit: Markers - Sell me on why you love them thread

=)

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonlea
I don't have the markers, but am always looking for new tips & techniques.

There's a similar thread here (click!) with a tip sheet from an unidentified source.

And then there's the List of Stamping Techniques thread which you may want to look through for more ideas!

Edit: Markers - Sell me on why you love them thread

=)
Thanks for posting! I just got my markers last week. Hope to "play" this weekend.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use the markers to watercolor. I use an old CD or stamp case, scribble the color on, and use a blender pen or aqua painter to apply the color. This is my new favorite technique.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #6  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I just love learning new things to do with things I already have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Compiled From Various Sources

Here is the document that I have. I have *NO* idea who the original author/s is/are...but it is *NOT* me! Just passing along this list of wonderful ideas that someone was once kind enough to forward on to me when I needed it.

Marker Uses

1. Use markers right on your stamp to do omitting and multi-coloring.

2. Use them with the air art gun. This gives a splatter look.

3. Make a palette by coloring with markers on a piece of plastic wrap and watercoloring with a blender pen or paintbrush.

4. "Thumping" technique - Ink solid stamp with a light color. Use coordinating colors of markers and "thump" the color onto the stamp. Use a motion like you are using a drum stick. Huff on your stamp before applying it to the paper. Gives a mottled look.

5. Use the markers to fix "mistakes". If your stamped image isn't complete, use a coordinating marker to draw the incomplete lines.

6. Use on sponge to sponge areas.

7. Use a gray marker to show "shadow" around a portion of image.

8. Cut edge of cardstock with decorative shears and color edge by using side of marker.

9. Use fine tip to highlight/outline inside edge of panel cards.

10. Use markers to color white satin ribbon to match your card.

11. Use brush tip to make hearts, butterflies, leaves, flowers, raindrops and watermelon seeds.

12. Use the markers to draw lines or shapes on a brayer, and then run the brayer over your cardstock.

13. Use markers instead of watercolor pencils - Outline the inside of your image with the markers and use a wet paintbrush, or the blender pens to pull the colors around.

14. Use markers to write with or color your images.

29 Different Uses For the
Stampin' Write Markers

The SU! Many Marvelous Markers set offers 48 different colors that coordinate with the 48 colors of stamp pads that Stampin' Up offers. Below is a list of different ideas and techniques that you can use with our
wonderful set of markers.

1. The markers work terrific with the blender pens. You can use markers instead of
watercolor pencils. Stamp image in black. Outline the inside of your image with the markers and use the blender pens to pull the colors around. Or You can also touch the tip of the blender pen to the tip of the brush end and color with that. Gives a lighter
version of the color. Gives a nice water color look. Much more subtle than coloring the whole thing with the marker.

2. You can get a terrific water color look with makers by going back over lines with a wet paintbrush. Some people are really savvy with paint brushes and love this look.
Or try coloring on the shiny side of a CD until you get a little puddle of ink. Use a damp watercolor brush and paint your Basic Black stamped image. Looks like you used water colors to paint it.

3. Markers allow you to omit apart of the stamp. Just use them to ink up the part of the image you want to see once stamped.

4. You can match the marker color with a paper color without having to purchase the matching stamp pad separately.

5. You can "color in a stamp with multiple marker colors, huff, and stamp.

7. You can have a lot of fun with the air gun and markers. I love using the Ink Worx air gun on my cards. This gives a splatter look. It's well worth the investment! This is what sold me on buying all the markers! I really do use them!

8. When you emboss on vellum and then color in the design on the back of the vellum using markers, it looks like stained glass!

9. Markers are great for coloring on Glossy cardstock.

10. Ink up in a lighter color and use a darker, same tone marker to "shade" on the rubber before stamping (example: Summer Sun marker on a Watercolor Garden flower, then edge with More Mustard marker -wide tip- and stamp.)

11. Use the markers on Paper Clay after it is dry. Stamp your image, allow to dry and then use the markers to color in the image. This is useful when you are making Paper Clay ornaments, jewelry, etc..

12. Use markers to write a personalized message or for journaling in your scrap books.

13. Use markers to add shadow to a computer printed greeting by just highlighting on one side of the type (such as to the right of all the letters.)

14. Use the markers to draw lines or shapes on a brayer, and then run the brayer over your cardstock.

15. Use markers to color white organdy ribbon to match your card.

16. Use fine tip to highlight/outline inside edge of panel cards. Cut edge of cardstock with decorative shears and color edge by using side of marker.

17. Use a gray marker to show "shadow" around a portion of image.

18. Use markers right on your stamp to do omitting and multi-coloring.

19. Make a palette by coloring with markers on a piece of plastic wrap and water coloring with a blender pen or paintbrush.

20. "Thumping" technique - Ink solid stamp with a light color. Use coordinating colors of markers and "thump" the color onto the stamp. Use a motion like you are using a drum stick. Huff on your stamp before applying it to the paper. Gives a mottled look.

21. Use our 48 colors of markers for more color choices when filling in tatoos from the tatoo kits. The ink will wash off (may require repeat washings.)

22. Use on sponge to add color to stamped images or create specialty backgrounds.

23. Use brush tip to make hearts, butterflies, leaves, flowers, raindrops and
watermelon seeds.

24. Use markers to color in image that was first stamped on poly shrink using the standard black pad. They will then need to be sealed with clear fingernail polish after they have been shrunk in order to make them waterproof.

25. Use the markers to fix "mistakes". If your stamped image isn't complete, use a coordinating marker to draw the incomplete lines.

26. You can use your markers to change the color of the lighter Radiant Pearls. Just scribble the color marker of your choice on a plastic surface like an old CD, add Lemon Chiffon R.P. and voila!--you've created a custom RP color!

27. Use the markers to dye white organdy ribbon Or grosgrain to any of the 48 colors. Just be sure to have a piece of paper underneath as you color on top of it. This is a great way to get a coordinating ribbon for your projects.

28. Color "Pull" Technique - Smear the marker ink on a CD or other plastic surface and then pick it up with a blender pen. This diffuses the ink. This technique also works beautifully if you simply outline the image with the marker and then use the blender pen right on the paper and "pull" the color into the image. Then you can use the pen-tip end of the marker and just put little hints of color in the image.

29. Emboss with them. How? Ink the stamp using Versamark then color on your stamp with the markers. Stamp and emboss with clear embossing powder.

REINKING MARKERS:

1. Save a 35mm film canister (or similar container). Put 5-6 drops of re-inker in the bottom. Put brush tip end of marker in the ink. Allow marker to soak up the ink. Lay marker horizontal to distribute evenly.

2. Drop 5-8 drops of re-inker onto the brush tip end of the marker. Stand marker up for 12 hours to distribute through length of pen, then lay marker horizontal to distribute evenly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2021, 02:05 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default help w/ refilling the tiny tip end of S U marker

hello, I am refilling some of my markers that were very ( completely ) dry at the small tip end. I pulled out the tip end, squeezed approx 15 drops in, and stuck tip back in. I have down this before with markers that were not completely dry, with success. but this is first time trying to revive a marker from the 'dead'. NO INK is coming down to the small tip, i have left the marker sit SMALL TIP end down for several hours now, but no ink dispensing from the tip.
I put a pin up the tip's end to see if it was blocked by old ink, i soaked it in clear water. still nothing coming out.

i didn't put any drops in the brush tip end, i don't want to 'waste' more refill ink, if nothing is going to revive this marker. Could something have soaked it up in the barrel? do I need to put more drops in?.
any suggestions?
Thanks, Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2021, 06:14 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default found tip

hello, I found a great tip on this site and it seems to be working. HOWEVER, i can't find it again, SO SORRY... it is a video, somewhere on this Forum, in some type of search i did for markers/refill/refilling/tips... who knows what i typed in.
I thought i would try the suggestion and if it worked I would link the page back to my question ABOVE POST, but now I can't find it. : ( UGH>>
suffice it to say, that it did work and it took a few drops(6- of GLYCERIN (Versamark clear refill) and a few drops (like 12) of water added to the barrel and now my drops of Certainly Celery are paying off.
SEE ABOVE POST to hear my story of refilling my totally dry marker.

all in all, removed small tip and brush tip. added apprx 20 drops of ink, 12 drops of water, 6-8 drops of Versamark glycerin and let it set flat overnight. now marker is working again.
Reply With Quote Likes