Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2010, 06:01 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thank a Stamper Thread -- to Julie HRR

I wanted to acknowledge a fellow stamper who lent an ear a while back and helped me keep stamping. Julie Ebersole, Julie HRR, at Paper Trufflez sent me a message a few years ago encouraging me to keep stamping when I was thinking of giving it up.

The best part of Julie's message is that it was "real" -- she didn't say oh your stamping is wonderful. She said something like "I would be sad if you left stamping." And then went on to say how important it is to practice, etc. She even sent me a card (that I still have.)

So, $30,000 later :confused:, a huge Thanks to Julie.

Is there any stamper in your life who gave you a boost when you needed it? If so, feel free to continue the thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't list one specific individual, but there are several - including Julie HRR and YOU, Joan! - whose blogs I've found and keep in my favorites, and who encourage me every day with awesome cards and great humor! I probably would have quit a long time ago if I were "on my own"!

Lisa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie is a fabulous stamper with her own style. Many many yrs. ago I asked her a ? about a card she made and she was quick to reply with a response.

I have never really needed a boost, but I have a friend, Tammi Buck (LotRfan) , who always inspires me to "push" myself beyond what I would normally create.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #4  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I couldn't agree more, about Julie, Joan. She has been the cheerleader of SCS forever. I {heart} that girl!

I've battled the idea of giving it up as well. Not so much the lack of mojo, etc., but more the lack of money. Economically, my family is hugely challenged right now. When I think of that, though, I think of the people who stop by my blog every day and say something encouraging that keeps me going.

If I had to pick out one person who has encourage and lifted me all these years, it has to be Marisa (whiterockmama). One of these days I am going to talk her into coming down to Colorado just so I can hug the stuffing out of her .

The whole SCS community is like a big warm fuzzy place, too. If I ever have a hard day, there is always someone here to put my perspective back in check.

I just love you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

I'd like to thank all the SCSers who leave a comment or favorite one of my cards. I mean, if at least one other person likes it, I must be doing something right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an PM from JulieHRR awhile back (she's sooooo nice!) and I about pee'd my pants. Same thing happened when I got one from 11valerie11 (Valerie Stangle). Both these stampers have been an amazing inspiration over the years for me. Their work never fails to catch my eye. Some of their work looks simple since it's so clean, but to make the clean cards/projects come out so well is an artform - not nearly as easy as you'd think to get just the right balance. So, to both Julie and Valerie, thank you so much! There are only a handful of blogs I follow on a regular basis and these two are at the top of my list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
I got an PM from JulieHRR awhile back (she's sooooo nice!) and I about pee'd my pants. Same thing happened when I got one from 11valerie11 (Valerie Stangle). Both these stampers have been an amazing inspiration over the years for me. Their work never fails to catch my eye. Some of their work looks simple since it's so clean, but to make the clean cards/projects come out so well is an artform - not nearly as easy as you'd think to get just the right balance. So, to both Julie and Valerie, thank you so much! There are only a handful of blogs I follow on a regular basis and these two are at the top of my list.
Lol, seriously, If Julie comments on a thread I'm on, I get all starstruck. It's like meeting a celebrity! She is AHHH MAZING!!! And, Joan, you always have something nice to say. Kindness makes a difference and your talent inspires me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #8  
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have three fellow stampers that have inspired me, not because they have ever sent me an email or pm, but because of their stamping and blogs.

Joan, you have let me know that not every card I make is going to be a masterpiece and thats ok. We see so many great cards on SCS, that we think everyone else can turn out a perfect card in a few minutes with no mistakes. That's why I enjoy reading your blog.

JulieHRR was the first stamper I ever read that admitted that she had many failed attempts at cards and it was ok to throw away paper. She has also kept her stamping simple when the trend has been to add more and more to your cards.

Lateblossom has also been a true inspiration. Her stamping style is less is more and you can have a great card with lots of white. Her blog "Simplicity" is one of my favorites.

Joan, Julie and Susan, please continue to inspire us all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoanB
So, $30,000 later :confused:, a huge Thanks to Julie.
:shock:

Golly, tho . . .

I've always been so glad you stayed with it! But most importantly, I hope YOU have been glad you did, and that you continue to enjoy it.

{{{{{{{Joan}}}}}}}
And, thanks to everyone else for the warm fuzzies, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #10  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I remember when JulieHRR did everything before everyone else and did it up COOL! Blogging, Millan.net, you name it - Julie did it and taught us all how. She rocks. Everyone here does.

The people that inspire me are all the people brave enough to share their work and all the people kind enough to comment.

What a sweet thread - this was the first post I saw today and it warmed my heart.

xo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, there are a few blogs I visit regularly, and the reason I visit them so regularly is that their warm-hearted personality shines through and inspires me to be not only a better stamper, but to be a better person. One of my favorites is your blog, Joan. The others are Julie HRR's, Jan Tink's, Sherry Cheever's, and Mother Mark's. (Mother Mark actually rounded up some stampers to send my mother a card during a long hospital stay...she and I were both sooo grateful). Thank you ladies, for being you. Your enthusiasm for all you love is truly an inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The stamper who inspired me after several non-stamping years (I had abandoned stamping for other hobbies) is my co-worker. For the Christmas season of 2005 she asked if I would like to do a card swap. I said sure, and cranked out several very simple cards. When I saw HER cards, my eyes popped. She was like my one-woman SCS (this was before I found SCS). Over the next year we did several more card swaps and my cards dramatically improved because of her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 206 Likes on 185 Posts

One of the most encouraging people ever was Maddy Mason. She was soooo wonderful to me and left sweet, kind comments all the time on my early cards even when I really felt down and not like stamping anymore....my mom had cancer then and had passed away. I will always owe her a big thanks.
I have met and owe many cherished friendships to SCS....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Julie ROCKS! i asked a question about a card a few years ago, and she was quick to reply.
Talented, funny and just all around nice.

Joan, i LOVE your cards and your blog. You are so funny too, i'm glad you didnt give up or i wouldnt have you as a favourite blog to read.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

There are endless people on SCS and all over the stamping community that inspire me. One person in particular would have to be Beate. I remember the first time I went to her blog and it was like a smack in the forhead like the V8 commercials. OH! So *this* is what stamping can be!!! I remember when my name showed up on her "Blogs I like to visit" list. I felt like a rockstar. She's the bee's knees.

I was a scrapbooker first that used ZERO stamps. Now I've drank the kool-aid and am a full-on fanatic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I had the opportunity to meet Julie at the Great Yosemite Stamp Escape last year. OMG - she is so much fun. Her session is my favorite of all the instructors and I love her stamping style. One of the best things is that she is real, honest, and very kind - Julie you rock

Pauline

PS I'll miss you at the Stamp Escape this year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
Big hugs to you! Thank you so much!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a wonderful thread Joan!

First stamper that I'd have to thank is Kerney (mom2grace) for introducing me, not only to stamping, but to SCS!!

Then, more recently would be The Bad One herself, Sherry Cheever (BadSherry)....waaaaay back when SCS was a TAD bit smaller, we used to chat on the "stalker thread". Well, somehow she became my "Master Yoda" of stamping and has pushed me these past few months to get out of my little comfort zone!! And she put her faith in me as a design team member when she could have picked sooo many other "well known" crafters

Other honorable mentions: Kittie (who sent me PAGES of watercoloring tips when I first started stamping)
Amber (Bambi64) who puts up with my whining
Miss Joan, herself who shares her humor and creative growth
Anne Ryan who always leaves such specific and positive comments
And Steph H...glitterbabe who is my blogs ego boost!!

Actually, this list could go on and on....Maybe I should have just said to all the wonderful ladies and gents who put themselves out there, sharing their creativity, their hints, knowledge and encouragement!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #19  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Oh what a nice thread!

I have to thank the stamper that I met on another board, and we kept in touch via email, and she told me about SCS and I have to credit her for the fact that I'm a demo. I'm not sure how active she is here, I've kind of lost touch with her after all the hurricanes (she lives/lived in Louisiana), but her name is Melanie Schulenberg.

Thank You, Melanie, wherever you are, for nudging me a little more into stamping, and for encouraging me at the very beginning!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 04:23 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

What an awesome thread to start Joan! I agree with you all about the wonderful people on SCS! The thing that happened to me that sincerely blew me away was something that happened on my birthday last year in October!

For so long, I have so wanted the SW Wild Wild West stamp set to the point that I was sincerely obsessed, crazed and off my rocker (sorta!) I pretty much teasingly badgered anyone that I knew that had it so send it to me! Of course I was just joshin'!

Well, Shirley (wannabcre8tive) and PatSmethers bid for it on E-Bay, purchased it, and took up a collection from SCS stampers and sent it to me for my birthday in October! I was moved like I have never been moved before! It was brand new, never been used! Amazing! Everyone made me a special card and the cards and the stamp set were in a beautifully crafted gift box that Pat Smethers made and decorated with the Wild Wild West man. I would like to thank Shirley and Pat and the all of the SCSer's listed below that participated in my wonderful birthday surprise!

There are many other wonderful things that people have done for me. I could go on and on and on......its truly heart warming..what happens here at SCS!

A big thank you once again to all of you!

ardodd
artystamper
beestamper
Brat Cards
card crazy
cmsuto
coffeestamper
Connie Jo
ctorina
diane617
jaydekay
jdmommy
joan ervin
jojot
kokirose
LilLuvsStampin
marilynprestonn
Marleygo
Maureen Vollaro
merniebug
MrsBoz
mspfd
nwilliams6
One4Joy
patsmethers
peggysue
pidgesmom
Redbugdriver
resqbarbie
schirmcat
StampingQueenJAR
Stamp Muse
stamps4funinCA
Toy
Vicky Gould
wannabcre8tive
Crazykim
Cook22
TraciM
Flowergal36
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 AM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdbrainView Post
Well, there are a few blogs I visit regularly, and the reason I visit them so regularly is that their warm-hearted personality shines through and inspires me to be not only a better stamper, but to be a better person. One of my favorites is your blog, Joan. The others are Julie HRR's, Jan Tink's, Sherry Cheever's, and Mother Mark's. (Mother Mark actually rounded up some stampers to send my mother a card during a long hospital stay...she and I were both sooo grateful). Thank you ladies, for being you. Your enthusiasm for all you love is truly an inspiration.
Lisa, gosh, I remember that like it was yesterday......how nice that you mentioned it here....I hope you and your mom are doing well. Hugs to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Julie is wise beyond her years! I sent her a PM several years ago and she gave me some wonderful advice!

I have been inspired by so many people over the years on SCS. It's a fabulous community!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:21 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, and there are some wonderful stories here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Default YOU!!!

Yes, Joan, YOU! I had a lot of fun a while ago when I lived nearby and we did some stamping together.

I have been away from the boards for a while, but searched for your name to see what you've been up to! I've had 2 new little ones, and they have sucked up a bit of my free time for stamping, but I want to dive back in here soon.

And I wanted to also say thanks to Julie HRR, she has always had such a teaching heart in her posts and her stamping endeavors.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristransueView Post
Yes, Joan, YOU! I had a lot of fun a while ago when I lived nearby and we did some stamping together.

I have been away from the boards for a while, but searched for your name to see what you've been up to! I've had 2 new little ones, and they have sucked up a bit of my free time for stamping, but I want to dive back in here soon.

And I wanted to also say thanks to Julie HRR, she has always had such a teaching heart in her posts and her stamping endeavors.
Kristina! I wondered what happened to you!! Congrats on the new little ones! Awesome. There is so much friendship and just plain niceness around! Glad to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Everyone here on SCS has been so supportive and generous with their time, skill, creativity--even supplies! I so appreciate everyone who has answered my questions, sent me RAKs, shared their cards.

I must make special mention, though, of my friend Nancy Littrell here on SCS. She is always so supportive and encouraging. I've been going through some up and down times and it has affected my stamping. She is always there with praise, encouragment, compliments, nudges to get off my butt and stamp--even wonderful gifts of stamping supplies that needed a new home and that gave me extra motivation and lifted my spirits. She is truly a generous and caring person, AND an amazing stamper. I admire her work so much. As my "long-distance SU demo" she has provided outstanding customer service. Although we have never met, I consider her a good friend. Without her support I would have given up stamping several times.

Another SCS stamper I would like to acknowledge is Anna Wight (SweetMissDaisy). She was so terrific about sending me PM's when I had questions or needed more clarification. What a sweet and amazingly talented woman.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #27  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Julie is a national treasure! She was the first designer on SCS that really dazzled me. She's definitely had the single biggest influence on my style. I've had the good fortune to meet her in person and take classes from her in person and from MCC. I received the famous "Julie PM" invite to join the Dirty Dozen, and now I get to be a part of the A Muse design team where she is the coordinator! Julie has had a hand in all of my big staming acheivements, I'm very grateful to her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 760 Likes on 547 Posts
Default A Community Filled with Kindness and Inspiration!

SCS is such a warm and friendly community and is filled with so many talented and generous people!

I want to thank Caterina (caterinafmig) who posts daily messages of encouragement on her thread in the Need a Lift? forum. Caterina has been doing this for over two years! Caterina � you are such a caring lady!

In the Cards Swaps forum there is an ongoing RAK thread started over a year ago by Grace (gv913). Grace created this thread specifically so that anyone can post a need and the person with the need will receive uplifting mail from any SCSers who want to participate. Sending a BIG thanks to you, Grace, for starting this thread!

I also want to thank Janice (smitty2004) and Susan (Late Blossom) who host
Sunday morning threads in the General Stamping Talk forum. These ladies list links to their favorite gallery cards from the previous week and invite other SCSers to list their favorites, as well. This is an encouragement to the crafters whose cards are mentioned in these threads! I really look forward to these threads so that I can see all the beautiful gallery cards I missed during the week.

~ Rita

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Joan, thanks for posting this! I am always awed by Julie HRR's clean and simple cards especially. I love Beate's tutorials and posts.

I just wanted to thank YOU, Joan. Yours was the very first shoebox swap I went to and I fell in love with the idea. I even remember a prize I won - a tube of copper sheeting for dry embossing on! How's that for making an impression (pun intended) on a new stamper? I'm glad you stayed too.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Lisa. I just got excited to see someone in my area on SC. I live about 35 miles northeast in Madison, east of Moberly. Just had to say hi!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theresa RomaniView Post
Joan, thanks for posting this! I am always awed by Julie HRR's clean and simple cards especially. I love Beate's tutorials and posts.

I just wanted to thank YOU, Joan. Yours was the very first shoebox swap I went to and I fell in love with the idea. I even remember a prize I won - a tube of copper sheeting for dry embossing on! How's that for making an impression (pun intended) on a new stamper? I'm glad you stayed too.
Hi, I remember that day so clearly. My Mom had broken her ankle the day before I was scrambling and everyone was so nice and made sure I won the door prize that I wanted!! LOL We need to do another one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #32  
Watercolor Wizard

Joan, what a great thread! For me, you, Julie, and Kristie Lee have been a constant source of inspiration.

In January 2009, I was ready to delete my gallery and retreat to my craft room like a turtle retreating to its shell. Instead I posted a thread about how insecure I felt doing clean-and-simple in a copic-and-layered world, and discovered that I was not alone in my insecurities. Every single stamper who posted to it boosted me...it was like getting dozens of hugs!

Miss Boo particulaly embraced the idea of clean and simple and suggested a challenge, then a regular challenge, and asked me to be on the first design team for it. ME?!?! On a design team?!?!? It was terrifying, but she believed in me.

Then, a number of people, including k dunbrook, asked me to start a stamping blog....something I didn't think I could ever in a million years do.

None of this would have happened if it weren't for all the kind support and encouragement I've received from the wonderful people here at SCS. I have very few crafty friends IRL (both of them moved away in the last few years!) so online community is the best way for me to connect with like-minded folks. What a blessing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #33  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I have been most inspired boy Toy, Krystie Lee, and Julie. I have received nice comments, criticue, and inspiration from each of them. Also a couple people who have Pm'd me when I unwittingly stirred the pot in the forums and received lots of hate mail. Those people encouraged me to stick around, and that has been worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

To my dear and one of my very 1st SCS friends "blueheron"......Judy, you are so talented that it really makes my day to receive your beautiful and very creative cards. It is just so much fun to share our love of stamping and nature together. Thank you again for being so thoughtful and adding me to this wonderful thread.

I also want to thank my dear SCS friends "suen" and "sherlie". Judy, Sue and Sherlie have been my friends from almost day one and I really treasure our friendship even tho we have never met. There have been so many others, who have given me inspiration, advice, etc. Leslierich, Rox71, notimetostamp, cambria, Valerie11, and many more. Thanks to all.....what a fantastic stamping and supportive community :p. Hugs, nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #35  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

Quote:

Wow Lisa you've warmed the cockles of my little heart with this. Thank you so very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #36  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by starView Post
What a wonderful thread Joan!

First stamper that I'd have to thank is Kerney (mom2grace) for introducing me, not only to stamping, but to SCS!!

Then, more recently would be The Bad One herself, Sherry Cheever (BadSherry)....waaaaay back when SCS was a TAD bit smaller, we used to chat on the "stalker thread". Well, somehow she became my "Master Yoda" of stamping and has pushed me these past few months to get out of my little comfort zone!! And she put her faith in me as a design team member when she could have picked sooo many other "well known" crafters

Other honorable mentions: Kittie (who sent me PAGES of watercoloring tips when I first started stamping)
Amber (Bambi64) who puts up with my whining
Miss Joan, herself who shares her humor and creative growth
Anne Ryan who always leaves such specific and positive comments
And Steph H...glitterbabe who is my blogs ego boost!!

Actually, this list could go on and on....Maybe I should have just said to all the wonderful ladies and gents who put themselves out there, sharing their creativity, their hints, knowledge and encouragement!
Thanks my little padawon. I have to say that I think you are really coming into your own now and I am so proud of you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #37  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Joan this is an excellent thread! So many people have encouraged me over the years. Kittie747 was one of the first. When I would whine about not being able to do a scene, she was always right there encouraging me to keep trying.

I think my first months here on SCS, the challenges and the "Challenge Chasers" were the greatest encouragement I had. Geeze I miss those girls!!!!

Beate is a huge influence on me and keeps me on my toes with tutorials and videos. When I complain/whine that I don't know if I can do it . . . . well, she's right there telling me she knows I can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for starting this thread Joan

I've always been inspired by all the gallery contributions and motivated by the oh-so-many stories on SCS. Everytime I need an inspiration I pop into the gallery and just browse through everything knowing that something is going to perk me up! And I love reading the stories on SCS, it reallys widens my perspective and makes me aware of different people and their lives; and to be thankful for what I have.

Whenever I need a laugh, I jump over to Paperlicious.typepad.com - often narrating the post to my DH. So thank you for that Joan! And it really makes me anxious if Joan doesn't have anything funny to say and I start wondering if everything is fine with her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueheronView Post

Another SCS stamper I would like to acknowledge is Anna Wight (SweetMissDaisy). She was so terrific about sending me PM's when I had questions or needed more clarification. What a sweet and amazingly talented woman.
Awww, thanks so much!! What a nice thing to come across tonight!
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a great idea to start such a great thread! Finally, there's a thread that lets me share with anyone looking in the forums who was my inspiration. That would be Mothermark! I well remember how long it took me to take that leap of faith, and one of my first comments came from Mudder. Not only that, but Mudder sent me my very first RAK. She's a wonderful inspiration to many of us. I/we all love her kind and so encouraging comments/inspiration. For that, Mudder, I sincerely thank you. Another early on SCSer that was encouraging and inspiring was One4Joy, who, unfortunately, isnt around too much due to some familial losses/changes in her life. I miss you Susan Conrad, and hope you will soon return to a site that loves you and your creations. So, for me it was definitely Mothermark and One4Joy that encouraged me to try new things! You both have found your way into my life. Thanks so much for that, ladies.
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes