Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about Archivers

I have seen this store mentioned here many times, but we don't have one in my area (SE Michigan). Today a postcard comes in the mail saying one is opening here in August...about 4-5 miles away.

So, is this a really great store? Is it like one big LSS? How are the prices. Do they offer classes/crops?

TIA for any info.

It's official...I'm a stamping addict (second only to my "being a grandma" addiction)!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #2  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

I live near an Archivers and I really like them. They carry lots of DP, stamping supplies, embellies, etc. They also do lots of classes and crops, but each store varies a bit. Check them out at www.archiversonline.com .

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Hope you've saved lots of money! They are a big LSS. Like Barb said they have ton's of things. They also have crop nights, make n takes and offer freebies on special days. They also send coupons in the mail that vary in denomination, but usually almost always free cardstock and a 20, 25 or 30% off coupon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #4  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Let's just say that I finally was able to go to the one they just opened in Houston & I walked out with only $1.50 left in my purse!!! :rolleyes: I loved it!! So my advise is to start saving your $$! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Man, I wish I lived with in a few hundred miles of an Archievers. My jaw dropped when I saw the size of the store online. I live in Los Angeles and the closest one is near Salt Lake City. Not exactly close. I emailed them asking if they'd open one anywhere in Cali. I'll drive the state to get to it. Problem on teh West Coast, especially CA is the cost of real estate. Lots of chains don't open is Los Angeles or near by because its too expensive.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

I think that Archivers is pretty nice. The prices are fairly competitive and most of thier lines are pretty current. Not the NEWEST of every single line but not bad. They have a great variety and, if you hunt, you can find some pretty good deals. It's better than the big box stores (Mike's/Joann's) because they have bigger selections in a lot of cool areas (patterned paper, embellishments) but worse in that the prices are a tad higher. They do have a great selection of alterable items. Absolutely its worth checking out.

and my gallery.

I have an A Muse swap ... have some fun and join!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Archiver's! My Wonderful DH even got me a GC for Mother's Day. I go every chance I can!

Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

One just opened by me last weekend....I went the other day and spent 35.00 just on paper!!! But..its gorgeous paper!!!! Not a whole lot of stamps...but I did pick up two of those and some ribbon...I already got coupons in the mail today,so I'll probably go back tomorrow!!! I actually didn't find the prices to be high...but I shop mostly at another LSS and not Michaels or JoAns. I was surprised that it was as large as it was.....I'm really glad they opened and I will definetly be a regular customer. I'm not a scrapbooker,but they have alot for us cardmakers too!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have where I live and I like it. It has everything everybody else has said...great stuff...but I find them to be a little more expensive on some of there stuff. That doesn't stop me of course!

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like our Archivers, but you just need to watch prices. I like getting the coupons (just got a flyer today!) and have taken quite a few classes, usually card classes and they push Hero Arts Stamps, which I don't have a lot of, but will buy some of the class items. Their paper selection is awesome, plus you always need to check out the sale area. That is my closest "LSS" besides JoAnns, Michaels and Pat Catans. I like having the opportunity to have a better selection to choose from, Archivers is it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

I love Archivers!!!! Even though their pricing is a bit higher, they have the best selection of items! I like the classes, crops and the fact that I can go there on Saturday and work all day in their workroom if I like! It's a fun place to shop and to hang out! The people are very friendly and the selections really make you want to stay for a long time. There is so much stuff that you really have to take your time to see it all. I don't like that their prices are a bit higher but that doesn't stop me from shopping there!!! Don't ask me how much I've spent there this past weekend while working on a special project! And if you have kids that are doing a special school project, it has lots of die cuts and you can use their equipment if you buy the paper there! Trust me, it is a fun place to shop!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #12  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4-5 miles? Oh, you're going to be in SO much trouble LOVE that store. Lucky for me, there isn't one in my state so I only visit when I'm out of town.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I live in Maine, but was able to go to a new Archivers in Georgia last week- Hi Terri!- Oh my gosh and golly, is all I can say! Lots of paper, more organizers than I have seen in one place before, enough stamp supplies to peak my interest (didn't buy any, I'm a SU sweetheart), and big class rooms. I am thinking it is a good thing there is not one close to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

I find them to be too expensive but I go when I get the coupons in the mail...be sure to sign up for the mailing list. They do have a great inventory...I only buy things there that I cannot find at JoAnn's or Michael's with a coupon. I am a bargain shopper. I always go in when there's a coupon for free cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Love it! We just got one here in Austin 4-5 miles from me and I love the make n take classes and they are really well stocked. I thought the prices were reasonable compared to a LSS. They have more stamping related stuff for me than my LSS so I like it better.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I have an Archivers just a mile away from my employer. I have taken several card classes there; I have signed up for two more in June. The classes ROCK!! They have a wonderful selection of merchandise; however I do agree that some of their prices are a bit high. You just need to be a savvy customer when shopping. I LOVE the clearance area and coupons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabiesView Post
I live in Maine, but was able to go to a new Archivers in Georgia last week- Hi Terri!- Oh my gosh and golly, is all I can say! Lots of paper, more organizers than I have seen in one place before, enough stamp supplies to peak my interest (didn't buy any, I'm a SU sweetheart), and big class rooms. I am thinking it is a good thing there is not one close to me!

Hi Beth!!!.....I'm going again tomorrow or Friday...got a coupon for a free tote with any purchase!!! That means I'll be buying tons more paper!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Where is it opening????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

One is opening in the Sterling Heights area near Lakeside Mall (Hall Road and Schoenherr) and the other one is in Novi, somewhere. I once drove to Akron, OH (the closest one to Clinton Township, MI) at the time. Only been there once, but I liked what I saw. I'm sure that wasn't one of the larger stores. I'm sure hoping they open a large store in Sterling Heights.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I wish they would open one in So Cal. But, there are several scrapbook stores in OC and SC since the earliest days of the industry that seem to have a lock on the market. You never know, though, and I would love to through some $$$$ their way!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

The one opening by me will be in Novi, MI. There is a large LSS not far from there which carries a great inventory, offers wonderful sales/specials and has a full calendar of classes/crops, etc. It should be interesting to see what effect serious competition has.

It's official...I'm a stamping addict (second only to my "being a grandma" addiction)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

One of the best stores around! They carry tons of albums with refills, papers galore, embellishments galore, and a gazillion stickers are nicely organized by theme. They also have great clearance items. They also carry a decent selection of organizers for paper, cropper hopper type items, etc. The staff has always been super-duper friendly and helpful. They also have die cutting machines you can use for free as long as you buy their paper. Love it, love it, love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

The Archivers that just opened in Austin is approximately 6 1/2 minutes from my house...no joke...I timed it (YAY...new toll road!). I know...I'm in trouble! MY LSS (which I also love) is about 5 minutes away. Of course I have Mike's, Hobby Lobby and a brand new Joanne's Super Store...is it any wonder that I'm COMPLETELY broke??????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stclassnanaView Post
I have seen this store mentioned here many times, but we don't have one in my area (SE Michigan). Today a postcard comes in the mail saying one is opening here in August...about 4-5 miles away.

So, is this a really great store? Is it like one big LSS? How are the prices. Do they offer classes/crops?

TIA for any info.

I'm in SE MI too and am very excited about it. Actually, we are getting 2 Archiver's here. One in Sterling Heights (East Side) and one in Novi (West Side). I'm about 5 minutes away.

"Time and trouble may tame a wild, young woman. But a wild, OLD woman is uncontrollable by any force". - Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 09:50 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

The closest one to me is 3 1/2 hours away, (in Austin) but I went ahead and signed up for the e newsletter. I can always hope...

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Well...just got back from the second trip this week!!!! Thats 80.00 there this week....think I'm gonna be in trouble!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2007, 12:07 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

I like my store. It's great for items you can't get at the craft stores. Lots and lots of papers, all sorts of inks, classes - some are free. And ofcourse I love to check out the sale bins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 04:36 AM   #28  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Will it be opened by the 19th? :mrgreen: I am flying up to New Baltimore to visit my DD & you know I will have to go do some shopping while I am there :rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim MandersView Post
One is opening in the Sterling Heights area near Lakeside Mall (Hall Road and Schoenherr) and the other one is in Novi, somewhere. I once drove to Akron, OH (the closest one to Clinton Township, MI) at the time. Only been there once, but I liked what I saw. I'm sure that wasn't one of the larger stores. I'm sure hoping they open a large store in Sterling Heights.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 AM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

The mailing I received said it was opening in August.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 AM   #30  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stclassnanaView Post
The mailing I received said it was opening in August.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 05:38 AM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

It's really great. A lot of it has to do with the size... lots of room for stamps, patterned paper and ALL the accessories. They usually have TONS of Primas, too. I like being able to go into a store and actually SEE the stuff, not just look at it online. Then if they don't have the exact thing I want, I know what it is like and then can order it online if need be. It is a very VISUAL store. You walk in and it's like BOOM.... color everywhere... AWESOME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 05:43 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

I love Archiver's! I live in a small town in NE Missouri but my parents and my in-laws live in larger cities that have one...and I love it!!!!!! I'm on their mailing list and so I get the coupons because we are at a larger city at least once a month so it's easy to take the coupons and go in for a little visit! I always stock up on different patterned paper, etc...the embellishments are fantastic!!!! Lucky you!
Reply With Quote Likes