Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Supermart' experience anyone?

Hello. I came across this website - Supermart while looking for a stamp. They have free shipping along with decent price for some of the stamps.Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks so much for you help once again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 01:18 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure if it's the same company, but Supermart USA sells on Amazon, and I have ordered from them here in the UK a number of times, and have had no problems at all. Always good prices, and fast shipping to the UK from USA. Products always as advertised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 06:57 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Back in 2013 I ordered a punch and a set of dies through Supermart on Amazon. When my items did not arrive within the promised time frame, I contacted Supermart about it. Their representative gave me a condescending runaround but finally agreed to reship the items. When the package finally arrived, it contained only the set of dies. After more back and forth with Supermart, I eventually received a refund for the punch. The whole process (from initial order to receiving the refund) took about 3 weeks.

Hopefully their customer service and reliability are better by now, but my experience was enough for me to make sure my Amazon orders don't go through them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 07:01 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered three items from them in April through Amazon - no problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks alot. Off to check their amazon account now. I guess its safer to order through amazon rather their direct site incase I get any problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by AasthaView Post
Thanks alot. Off to check their amazon account now. I guess its safer to order through amazon rather their direct site incase I get any problem.
If you pay by credit card on Supermart's site, you can dispute items if there's a problem.

On Amazon, when Amazon is the seller, Amazon handles problems directly. If another company is the seller and lists on Amazon, Amazon would have you first try to work things out with the seller (through Amazon's website), but would get involved if things didn't work out.

They've always come through for me the rare times over the years there have been problems. Sometimes Amazon reps don't read carefully and I've have to go back and forth a few times, but in the end it's worked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
If you pay by credit card on Supermart's site, you can dispute items if there's a problem.
I didn't know I can do this. I am new to the whole online shopping and after a bad experience on ebay, a bit wary now about purchasing from unknown online sites.
Anyways I checked at both the places. The stamp I was looking for was not available anymore. One more item moved to my wish list :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I didn't know I can do this. I am new to the whole online shopping and after a bad experience on ebay, a bit wary now about purchasing from unknown online sites.
Anyways I checked at both the places. The stamp I was looking for was not available anymore. One more item moved to my wish list :(
Oh, that's too bad. : (

Just fyi, any time you use your credit card - in person, by phone or on line - if you don't receive an item, it's damaged, or there's some other problem that is not resolved - you can call your credit card company and ask that the item be disputed. If you don't recognize a charge they'll help with that too.

Sometimes a company does business under a different name, so if you don't recognize a name, you can call the credit card company and ask for more info. They may have a phone number that doesn't appear on the bill, or can tell you the type of product. I've done that occasionally too. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Oh, that's too bad. : (

Just fyi, any time you use your credit card - in person, by phone or on line - if you don't receive an item, it's damaged, or there's some other problem that is not resolved - you can call your credit card company and ask that the item be disputed. If you don't recognize a charge they'll help with that too.

Sometimes a company does business under a different name, so if you don't recognize a name, you can call the credit card company and ask for more info. They may have a phone number that doesn't appear on the bill, or can tell you the type of product. I've done that occasionally too. : )

Thanks so much for the info. It will definitely help me in the future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2016, 01:26 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Great advice given here Aastha. I've been shopping online for many years, but even now if I'm buying from someone I've not used before, I use my credit card. Basically, it's the banks money, not yours, so if anything goes wrong- item not received/damaged etc, or even if the company goes out of business, you will have the money refunded to your account. And the banks, understandably, are red hot at getting their money back!
In the case of a company going bankrupt, for instance, you will no doubt know that any debts a company had are divided into secured and unsecured debts. Secured are those to anyone who has loaned them money and credit card payments. These debts are paid first out of any money the company may have/ cash from assets. Unsecured are cash payments made, and that includes debit card payments. Chances are by this stage there is nothing left, so the customer gets nothing.
Plus I also take the view that if a company has it's computers hacked, then it's going to be the banks credit card they can spend money on, not empty my bank account!
Another good option is to open a Paypal account. Then you register your info & card info with Paypal, and make payments via your Paypal account. The seller never gets your payment method info. Again, I've used Paypal for a lot of years now with no problem. The vast majority of sellers accept Paypal, and if I happen across one who doesn't, then the credit card gets used.
As you say, ordering from them via Amazon gives you another layer of protection. The same goes for E-Bay. Better to be safe than sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

wow. This is very useful information. It makes me more confident about purchasing and taking risks online. Thank you so very much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Great advice given here Aastha. I've been shopping online for many years, but even now if I'm buying from someone I've not used before, I use my credit card. Basically, it's the banks money, not yours, so if anything goes wrong- item not received/damaged etc, or even if the company goes out of business, you will have the money refunded to your account. And the banks, understandably, are red hot at getting their money back!
In the case of a company going bankrupt, for instance, you will no doubt know that any debts a company had are divided into secured and unsecured debts. Secured are those to anyone who has loaned them money and credit card payments. These debts are paid first out of any money the company may have/ cash from assets. Unsecured are cash payments made, and that includes debit card payments. Chances are by this stage there is nothing left, so the customer gets nothing.
Plus I also take the view that if a company has it's computers hacked, then it's going to be the banks credit card they can spend money on, not empty my bank account!
Another good option is to open a Paypal account. Then you register your info & card info with Paypal, and make payments via your Paypal account. The seller never gets your payment method info. Again, I've used Paypal for a lot of years now with no problem. The vast majority of sellers accept Paypal, and if I happen across one who doesn't, then the credit card gets used.
As you say, ordering from them via Amazon gives you another layer of protection. The same goes for E-Bay. Better to be safe than sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

You're most welcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2016, 06:18 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Aastha, just one more thought. Two. For me, using a credit card is the safest method, but if you dispute a charge, it does involve a bit of work. There's an initial call, and then a form to complete. Sometimes it goes further, depending on if the merchant fights the dispute.

Also, different countries may have different regulations and laws. I'm in the U.S.

BTW, I disputed a charge on Etsy - the only time in years of shopping. An item was broken and not as described. The seller lied, so it became a she-said-she-said, and Etsy ruled in favor of the seller - the one who makes $$ for Etsy. Etsy ignored my explanations and photos. I should have contacted Paypal but was sick of it so let it go. Now I only use our credit card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2016, 09:24 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Aastha, just one more thought. Two. For me, using a credit card is the safest method, but if you dispute a charge, it does involve a bit of work. There's an initial call, and then a form to complete. Sometimes it goes further, depending on if the merchant fights the dispute.

Also, different countries may have different regulations and laws. I'm in the U.S.

BTW, I disputed a charge on Etsy - the only time in years of shopping. An item was broken and not as described. The seller lied, so it became a she-said-she-said, and Etsy ruled in favor of the seller - the one who makes $$ for Etsy. Etsy ignored my explanations and photos. I should have contacted Paypal but was sick of it so let it go. Now I only use our credit card.
I thought if you provide proof things are sorted in a fair way. I had a similar problem with amazon once. But sorting it out was a breeze with them. But amazon does not always give the lowest prices (and not everything can be found there) and price fluctuations are so much..
But thank you for all the information. Its always good to have an idea about what all can go wrong and what to expect..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I thought if you provide proof things are sorted in a fair way. I had a similar problem with amazon once. But sorting it out was a breeze with them. But amazon does not always give the lowest prices (and not everything can be found there) and price fluctuations are so much..
But thank you for all the information. Its always good to have an idea about what all can go wrong and what to expect..
The seller said I broke the item because I changed my mind. No photograph can prove that she sent it dirty and broken. She got the benefit of the doubt.

And yes, Amazon has always come through, though sometimes it takes some back and forth when their reps don't read what was written. They've even provided refunds or a free extra month of Prime when I specifically told them I did not want anything, just thought they would want some info. It can get comical.
Reply With Quote Likes