Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Super Speedy Shipping

Recently I complained about a slow shipper, so it's only fair that I mention Creative Playthings as my new go-to for wide selection and speedy shipping. I ordered on Friday and got the goods Monday.

Even speedier is papersandmore.com. I ordered Monday and got it on Tuesday, and their shipping rates are constant, no matter how much you buy. Plus I've never had curled corners from bad packaging of my cardstock. And the biggest plus is that "Samples" are only 50 cents each, so when I only want 5 sheets each of certain colors, this is the only place I can order that way, that I know of. For instance, they had wood embossed cardstock in 3 colors and I got five sheets of each color because, unless some day I come across a design I want to mass-produce in wood embossed cardstock, I know 15 sheets is realistically all I'll ever use.

Ellen Hutson always ships within a day too, but it takes alot of patience to deal with a really slow search engine on a site that has a wonderfully huge selection of items. If the search engine tells me she doesn't have something, 9 times out of 10 I will be able to find it on her site if I have the time and patience to browse. I love her unusual selection of art items.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 05:15 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
Recently I complained about a slow shipper, so it's only fair that I mention Creative Playthings as my new go-to for wide selection and speedy shipping. I ordered on Friday and got the goods Monday.

Even speedier is papersandmore.com. I ordered Monday and got it on Tuesday, and their shipping rates are constant, no matter how much you buy. Plus I've never had curled corners from bad packaging of my cardstock. And the biggest plus is that "Samples" are only 50 cents each, so when I only want 5 sheets each of certain colors, this is the only place I can order that way, that I know of. For instance, they had wood embossed cardstock in 3 colors and I got five sheets of each color because, unless some day I come across a design I want to mass-produce in wood embossed cardstock, I know 15 sheets is realistically all I'll ever use.

Ellen Hutson always ships within a day too, but it takes alot of patience to deal with a really slow search engine on a site that has a wonderfully huge selection of items. If the search engine tells me she doesn't have something, 9 times out of 10 I will be able to find it on her site if I have the time and patience to browse. I love her unusual selection of art items.
Do you have a link for these 2 places..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Creative playthings only brings up a store that sells playground stuff for kids. Are you sure it is the right name?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Sorry I got the first name wrong. It's creativeplaystamps.com The last one is ellenhutson.com

And I would give you links if I knew how. I did once upon a time, but my cheat-sheet got lost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

I'll add to this conversation if I may.

Last night I placed an order with one of our member companies, Sweet n' Sassy Stamps. I got a shipping notice at 6 AM my time this morning. Now I just have to wait for it to come all the way across the country from Pennsylvania.

I really like fast shipping!
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Creative Play Stamps - Rubber Art Stamps
Ellen Hutson | Home
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2014, 05:26 AM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Default buying on line

I like fast shipping too, but I also like when I actually get a product I have ordered and payed for. I ordered from Want2scrap they charged my pay pal but I have heard nothing from them. I placed my order Feb 1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

I thank you for the link to Creative Play. I think my wallet and my hubby may decide not to thank you. Tremendous selection.
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

My three favorite places to shop with speedy shipping, great service and free or reasonable shipping are: CreativePlayStamps.com;.chicandsavvycrafters.com and 123Stitch.com.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Two words - Amazon Prime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried TreasuresView Post
Two words - Amazon Prime!
It used to be that Amazon's Free shipping (with certain restrictions) was quite reasonable. But now they have gone to "Smart Post" and delivery takes more than a week. Also they have raised the rate for Amazon Prime. But it still might be the way to go, for those who do alot of buying, because they sure have expanded their selection of products we Stampers would use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by holtzfanView Post
Unless artist supplies are needed, my overall favorite paper crafting store for nearly four years remains Frantic Stamper in Oregon: Scrapbook Supplies, Rubber Stamping & More - Frantic Stamper.

It's extremely rare that they don't have everything I want, which spares me shipping charges from multiple stores. Huge selection of the best quality supplies including boutique brands, fantastic customer service and fast delivery. They always send immediate order confirmation and a link to USPS tracking when the order ships. For domestic delivery you have a choice of either First Class or Priority Mail, with optional package insurance at standard postal rates.

I'm not affiliated with the store, just a major fan of it. I've never had problems of any type with them.

I, too, have had wonderful shopping experiences with Frantic Stamper. And they DO have a very extensive inventory - it's impressive to say the least! Here's a little known tip that may save you postage costs with them.

They have a unique feature when you check out on-line that allows you the option to enter the order on line and then call them with your credit card info. By doing it this way they have the ability to charge you for the actual amount it costs to ship your order rather than the amount that is shown on the website based on the dollar amount of your order. Since I almost always order very lightweight items like dies and embossing folders, the actual amount for shipping based on weight and the type/size of envelope is much less than the shipping automatically listed at checkout on the web page.

They have always been very pleasant when I call, and I must say its nice to speak to a real person so you know your order has been received. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
It used to be that Amazon's Free shipping (with certain restrictions) was quite reasonable. But now they have gone to "Smart Post" and delivery takes more than a week. Also they have raised the rate for Amazon Prime. But it still might be the way to go, for those who do alot of buying, because they sure have expanded their selection of products we Stampers would use.
I have enjoyed using Amazon since I became a Prime member two years ago and I've really found better prices on quite a lot of stamping things. For instance, Llast year I wanted the Tim Holtz butterflies and script stamp set, everyone else was selling it for $19.99 but I bought it on Amazon for $12.99-a super deal!
Reply With Quote Likes