Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:41 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Super Excited For...

...Pumpkin Spice collection from Simple Stories!

...the new versions of Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks and Paneras!

...that adorable scarecrow from Lawn Fawn!

...the A5 planners from Simple Stories!

Tell me, what are you super excited for these days?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with the above, but right now I'm just ecstatic for weather in the low 80s with low humidity! I am looking forward to cutting out fall leaves with my Bigz die in luscious spicy autumn colors. And making a pot of soup!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now in Akron, Ohio its 66 degrees and feels like fall.
Right now im excited to get started on the Santa costume i have planned for my husband to wear this Christmas. All the supplies are ready and waiting in my sewing room- including faux leather and fur.
And i have a brand new Hazelnut coffee candle to enjoy while im sewing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

I am ready to enjoy candles again!

And jeans, sweaters and moccasins

And the new stamping catalogues

And a cup of peppermint tea in the evenings

Decorating the house for fall on the weekend

... not enjoying the thought of my daughter going back to College on Sunday though :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I'm excited to see new stamp companies emerging, some companies introducing new stamp lines, and some companies more coming out of hibernation!

(I do keep eyeing my sweaters and longing for fall too...!)
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

You are all making me...*sigh*...I don't know the right word...

Fall is my favorite season, but Las Vegas and its suburbs (I live in one of those) just has variations on warm/hot/hotter, for the most part. It does get chilly sometimes in the "winter" (chronological, not meteorological, lol), but there aren't really trees to change color, no pumpkins or apples to go pick, and the sweater/boot season (my fave) is about a minute and a half long... I may have to go back to Upstate New York and visit my BFF...

That being said, I'm excited to see what trouble I can get into since I quit my sucky job this morning! I have to make sure that it's a money-making trouble, though... Yikes!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Congrats on quitting the job! How about a pop-up craft/food truck in upstate New York for a month, say mid October?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
That being said, I'm excited to see what trouble I can get into since I quit my sucky job this morning! I have to make sure that it's a money-making trouble, though... Yikes!
Congrats! From one soul sucked survivor to another. Life is short.

One co-worker summed it up for me. She said, "You can make average money any where. But you have to hunt really hard to find a place that disrespects you this much." LOL

Hope you can take some time off and detox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

I'm getting the itch to start making turkey and ghost cards. I'm looking at fall colors and drooling. I'm looking forward to the cats getting old.

Unfortunately I adopted 2 feral kittens (which are very tame now). I'm running from room to room yelling NO! NO! all the time. They have gotten to that stage where they get on every surface, which forces me to put my stuff away immediately or have it scattered on the floor within an hour. I'm just not that clean/organized, so it chafes. And as soon as I get up, they jump into my chair and take up squatter's rights - hateful. I'm a litter box slave. LOL

The only time they are precious is when they are dead asleep... otherwise they are the minions of the anti-christ.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 06:32 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post

The only time they are precious is when they are dead asleep... otherwise they are the minions of the anti-christ.:rolleyes:
I didn't think I'd survive those months with my two rescued kittens! My two dogs and I looked on in horror as they jumped on the mantle to the top of cabinets and then the credenza where they knocked my candle holder down, breaking it in a million pieces. Now they are sweet laid-back five-year-olds :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

We did not survive adopting two feral cats and felt torn about returning them to the shelter after a couple of months, but we just could not handle having them. (Long story).

Okay, I guess I am off track with this thread. I am excited for cooler temps, but still getting lots of sunshine. Nice. I love the fall.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2015, 11:29 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

On a personal note: where I live, it's been the coldest winter for 25 years & boy, have I been feeling it :( The cherry blossoms have just started flowering & my daffodils are opening up so I know it will start warming up soon. I have been really unwell for a couple of months so the hints of Spring are making me feel better & I hope to get back into some cardmaking soon.

Craft-wise: I get excited about every new Lawn Fawn release - stamps & dies, paper pads, twine - they blow me away each time & I love being able to mix & match sets as they are so well thought out. I just received my SU Christmas catalogue in the mail today so I am devouring it with plenty of happy sighs interspersed with "oohs" and "aahs". So many things to love

I am excited about what other cardmakers are doing with watercolours/watercoloring - beautiful backgrounds & different styles. I recently did the Online Card Classes Backgrounds class which just blew me away with the different backgrounds they created - plus the turning of those backgrounds into cards. It was great to learn new things whilst I have been sick - so even if I can't craft, I can still be inspired & excited. And I get excited about each new Distress Ink colour release which fills another gap in their colour range. Also loving the layered stamp sets (like Altenew's Vintage Roses) which gives such beautiful results.

I know that I definitely have enough Christmas dps to last me to eternity but I love to look at new releases in the stores - the colours just make me feel happy inside & want to start singing a Christmas carol

Cardmaking still excites me just as much as it did when I first started. Sure, things have changed alot with the advent of new products & styles - but I am so glad I started this journey: it has enriched my life beyond measure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 03:06 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I am super excited about an upcoming move, despite all the work between now and then.
I will have a stamp room for the first time and I cannot wait! Also, we will be having our
first real winter since 1993. I think I need to buy a coat.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBear2View Post
I know that I definitely have enough Christmas dps to last me to eternity but I love to look at new releases in the stores - the colours just make me feel happy inside & want to start singing a Christmas carol

Cardmaking still excites me just as much as it did when I first started. Sure, things have changed alot with the advent of new products & styles - but I am so glad I started this journey: it has enriched my life beyond measure.
I feel exactly the same way -- I have a chronic condition and this hobby has been such solace and comfort to me. It is so healing. And I don't have children, so I love how I can sense the seasons passing in paper and colors, which I used to feel when I was in school. I wish you well and a speedy journey back into crafting as soon as possible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 03:49 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I am not super excited for fall. It's my favorite season but we've had a cloudier summer and cooler. I always love to see fall arrive but I'm just not ready for it this year!

I live along the upper Mississippi River flyway. Every late August evening groups of geese come flying over my house in V formation toward the River. They honk and honk! Each morning they fly back from the River. I always say, "Party on the River!"

They are flying back inland right now as I type. I always think....they are coming home from their all nighter! Not sure what they do all night! I live about five blocks from the River.

I am looking forward to the fall festivals I go to with my daughters and grandkids!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 04:40 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheranView Post
I am super excited about an upcoming move, despite all the work between now and then.
I will have a stamp room for the first time and I cannot wait! Also, we will be having our
first real winter since 1993. I think I need to buy a coat.
Mary Beth
Mary Beth, that is exciting! Where are you moving to? May I suggest L.L.Bean for coats...super warm! ;)

I'm also excited about autumn in my new town. We've lived here in the Fox River Valley (far flung suburb of Chicago) for two and a half months now. I can already see the leaves beginning to change colors and the summer flowers winding down and mellowing. I think this is officially the furthest north we've ever lived, and my guess is that autumn will come a little sooner here.

I'm excited to start decorating my house with fall decor! I cannot wait any loner...I'm getting it all out this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 AM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I am not super excited for fall. It's my favorite season but we've had a cloudier summer and cooler. I always love to see fall arrive but I'm just not ready for it this year!

I live along the upper Mississippi River flyway. Every late August evening groups of geese come flying over my house in V formation toward the River. They honk and honk! Each morning they fly back from the River. I always say, "Party on the River!"

They are flying back inland right now as I type. I always think....they are coming home from their all nighter! Not sure what they do all night! I live about five blocks from the River.

I am looking forward to the fall festivals I go to with my daughters and grandkids!
Sorry to hear about your cloudier summer this year. Maybe you will get a sunshiny fall to enjoy. As to the Canada geese. I love a fly by:.......We get them too and it is always a thrill. We live about the same distance from a small river as well.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 846 Likes on 279 Posts

I'm a summer girl at heart. Days at the beach, bright colors, tank tops and sandals BUT I am excited for

*Pumpkin Spice Lattes
*Peppermint Mochas
* Crock pot meals
* The built in reading nook/bookshelves my husband is starting to build
*Evening fires in the firepit
*RAIN (El Nino looks like it might bless California with lots of rain and snowpack)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 10:38 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here in So California, we don't have winter. We get FALL, followed by a beautiful but way too short SPRING and then we are hit with a double dose of SUMMER.

So, despite my leaky garage roof and my rotted patio cover, I am so looking forward to the fall and the El Nino weather is it supposed to bring. (rain is a rare commodity in my area)

I'm also excited about:
*Hot soup, hot cocoa and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.
*Buying one or two tops in vivid jewel colors that seem to be sold only in the fall.
*Decorating for Christmas and watching our almost-nightly Christmas movie (a tradition that starts Thanksgiving weekend).

I used a squirt bottle and a feral-like shriek to train my kitten to stay off the kitchen counters. And then he used a pink nose and fuzzy face to train me to give him 13 years of treats and attention on demand. I miss him dearly--but I don't miss his litter box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

lovin' this thread........not missing the litter box. I hear ya. We do miss having a cat. My husband wants one, but I do not want all work involved anymore. We had our Willow for 18 years. The last 10 years involved insulin shots and the last two years fluid shots. I was worn out. Now I just want to concentrate on the card making. But I do wish I had more jam to do it than I think I have now.

Looking forward to ordering a "few" (LOL) things from the Sept. 1st SU HOliday catty. BUT I NEED TO STOP BUYING !!!!!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Bought my first fall candles from White Barn Candle Company today!

I love the earthy colors of autumn...home decor, clothing, paper crafting. They're my favorites!

I, too, can't wait for soups and breads and crockpot meals.

We are getting all new windows and exterior of house painted this fall. Can't wait to see how it will all look when it's done!

Off to pin some autumn inspiration on pinterest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 12:54 PM   #22  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

I'm another one of those Southern California girls looking forward to the El Nino the news keeps hyping up....we desperately need rain.

Looking forward to going to my CTMH demo's house this weekend to see the new catalog goodies and also to find out the gender reveal of her two grandbabies on the way :p

Bring on pumpkins, football, daylight saving time, football, candy corn, football, buying DS a new Halloween costume, football, and oh yeah, did I mention football??!! We're a football lovin' household Go Chargers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #23  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm looking forward to this weekend, which I intend to spend playing with paper and ink (roll on 4pm Friday!).
I'm looking forward to the jeans & t-shirt weather of fall. I dislike it when there is really warm weather, though I admit to being addicted to the pool and long summer evenings.
I'm also looking forward to peppermint hot chocolate. I could drink it in summer, but it just doesn't "go" with summer KWIM, and I miss it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2015, 07:15 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

I am looking forward to...

My lawn fawn fall release order that will hopefully ship today.

My SU club next week and ordering from their Holiday Catalog

High school football - my son will be in marching with the band. They have put in LOTS of work this summer, cannot wait to see their show tonight.

Quiet crafty days while the kids are at school.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2015, 04:24 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
Mary Beth, that is exciting! Where are you moving to? May I suggest L.L.Bean for coats...super warm! ;)

I'm also excited about autumn in my new town. We've lived here in the Fox River Valley (far flung suburb of Chicago) for two and a half months now. I can already see the leaves beginning to change colors and the summer flowers winding down and mellowing. I think this is officially the furthest north we've ever lived, and my guess is that autumn will come a little sooner here.

I'm excited to start decorating my house with fall decor! I cannot wait any loner...I'm getting it all out this weekend!
Ahhh..........Mary Rose fall here is wonderful. I have been in this area all my life and the only better fall experience is at my summer home in Northern Wisc. But here near Chicagoland (especially if your north and west of the city) it is beautiful. We lovegoing to all the farm markets in Huntly, Woodstock, etc and enoy all the fall decor.
Right now I'm excited for fall and looking forward to my Northwoods stamping class where I'll be learning the coloring techniques of Pat Niemuth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2015, 05:34 AM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Fall in the high Colorado Rockies, 10,400 ft. We look forward to the return of the elk from the higher mtns. It is early but we saw 15 cow elk with their babies and a huge bull was herding them. It is very early. We love our aspen turning and they are also early. We heard it was to be a hard winter again this year. Time to stoke the wood stove and get to work coordinating my Silhouette cuts with my Misti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

I was crazy excited about a stamp set I saw in a magazine. Found it on line, and saw they were having a 30% sale. Spent over an hour looking at the terrific stamps from this new-to-me company, and got ready to order 3 or 4. Got to checkout and discovered it was a UK company and the s/h was $55. Oh, man! What a disappointment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm excited for the Fun Stampers Journey Yummy and Delicious event. I'm headed to Minneapolis in two weeks!

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

I am looking forward to picking apples, apple pies, apple crisp, apple cider.

But mainly I am looking forward to getting my crafts garage sale over with, getting the new furniture for my craft room with the proceeds and getting my room back together so I can get to my holiday crafting.

While wearing jeans and sweaters.

Ahhh, fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

I just received my order from the new Lawn Fawn release so I'm happy about that.

I love making fall and Halloween cards, so it is time to pull all those things out. The colors are so vibrant and fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking forward to being off wheels and back on my feet! It's been 9 LONG weeks already! Another few to go and one more friggin' cast...can already use the walker <25% of my weight, 25% of the time I'm up. so ok, not much but it's better than it was!>. Also looking forward to fall, apple sauce and apple butter, stocking the freezer with produce - been picking tons of tomatoes to make 2 different kinds of sauces with, corn will be ready soon enough, zucchini is coming on still like gangbangers <nobody leaves their cars unlocked at night anymore!> peppers are just happy, as are yellow squash and eggplant.

And I just got my Brushos from Amazon - a MONTH EARLY!!! yippeee!!!! Can't wait for a little time in the Mom Cave to play with them. Then fall and Christmas crafting. Yayayayayay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 04:15 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

A Cherry On Top has the new Simple Stories collections in stock! woo hoo! I ordered everything Pumpkin Spice yesterday!

We're feeling the last of summer's heat this Labor Day weekend with temps near 90. Not loving it. But it's supposed to be back to highs of 70 next week. Aaah.

Also, super excited that I booked my hotel for this year's Country Living Fair in Columbus, Ohio! September 18-20. A whole weekend of all things autumn with my sister. I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 04:49 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

A Cherry On Top has the new Simple Stories collections in stock! woo hoo! I ordered everything Pumpkin Spice yesterday!

We're feeling the last of summer's heat this Labor Day weekend with temps near 90. Not loving it. But it's supposed to be back to highs of 70 next week. Aaah.

Also, super excited that I booked my hotel for this year's Country Living Fair in Columbus, Ohio! September 18-20. A whole weekend of all things autumn with my sister. I can't wait!
Your weekend sounds like its going to be quite fun. I'll be enjoying a cardmaking weekend with my girlfriend the 10th-13th of Sept learning new techniques at the Door County Rubber Stamp Autumn Retreat. I think that's what they call it! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 07:24 AM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks
Oh my gosh yes!!!!! I look forward to this every year. It is actually the best part of fall. I also enjoy sweaters and fall fashion boots, so seeing the summer end isn't tragic to me, not to mention it means the return of the GOOD tv shows, but Pumpkin Spice everything really makes fall wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Which town in Door County, hobbysue? I grew up in Chicago and our family used to go up there each fall and I have such great memories of the area. Crafting and the fall foliage – what an amazing combo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
Which town in Door County, hobbysue? I grew up in Chicago and our family used to go up there each fall and I have such great memories of the area. Crafting and the fall foliage � what an amazing combo!
My summer home is in Baileys Harbor. Door County has the absolute best fall festivals and foliage!!! I have been going up there since 1968. Have seen alot of changes but it is still the most awesome place to be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappyGirl32View Post
Oh my gosh yes!!!!! I look forward to this every year. It is actually the best part of fall. I also enjoy sweaters and fall fashion boots, so seeing the summer end isn't tragic to me, not to mention it means the return of the GOOD tv shows, but Pumpkin Spice everything really makes fall wonderful.

OH YES!! The Voice and Survivor for me! And, come winter, of which I'm not a fan, is Downton Abbey... Sigh... final season of the BEST show ever. Ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

looking forward to ordering brushos. and inktense and learning how to use the pixscan mat with silhouette. that's my thanksgiving plans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default we were about neighbors!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
Ahhh..........Mary Rose fall here is wonderful. I have been in this area all my life and the only better fall experience is at my summer home in Northern Wisc. But here near Chicagoland (especially if your north and west of the city) it is beautiful. We lovegoing to all the farm markets in Huntly, Woodstock, etc and enoy all the fall decor.
Right now I'm excited for fall and looking forward to my Northwoods stamping class where I'll be learning the coloring techniques of Pat Niemuth!
I am from Machesney Park (ajacent to Rockford) IL now living in Las Vegas. Wish we could have stamped together.

ps. I do NOT miss winter but sometines miss my big house with pool and spa on 2 acres that would be paid for if we had not moved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #40  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
My summer home is in Baileys Harbor. Door County has the absolute best fall festivals and foliage!!! I have been going up there since 1968. Have seen alot of changes but it is still the most awesome place to be.
Ooooooooo!!! WI. girl here! We are going to Door County the last weekend in Sept! I've never been before. Very excited! Is there a stamp store?

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of fall this year.

Looking forward to our trip to Door Co. during leaf season, making apple crisp, Halloween & Thanksgiving cards, visiting Bloomsberry Farm near Cedar Rapids, Iowa with family, Apple Fest, the Mc Gregor Art and craft Festival, apple cider, and Fall lights on homes. I love fall lights more than Christmas lights!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 09-04-2015 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes