Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for your for sale posts

Hi all,

Please take this comment as a way to improve selling your stamps/goodies

Adding new items: If you are adding new items by all means, noted it in the title with date*. Also. It will be helpful if you put those new items in a different color or group them by the date. Some posts are just so long and I find when I cant find what's new right off the bat, I just move on

update: use this in your title to indicate what is pending, gone

BUMP: Use this in the reply to get it back to the top

* To update your title, go to edit, go advanced, title then save changes

Thanks for reading!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since we're making suggestions, please, please, please consider taking the time to link to images of the items or upload your own photos.

I don't have a super-long wishlist, especially for retired Stampin' Up, so I don't recognize most sets by name. However, I do like to browse through listings and take a look at what people are selling, because I have been known to impulse buy. ;)

But I am not interested enough to sit and google fifty different stamps or dies or paper packs on the off chance that I might find something I would like. I just move on to the next listing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2018, 05:57 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

What great suggestions! TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

And please take decent photos in good light so that we can see clearly what you're selling. There are plenty of free software programs out there to lighten or adjust contrast if your photos aren't the best. Show us the stamped image, not just the rubber or clear stamp side, but do also show us the stamping side so we can see how well the stamps have been taken care of. Stamp size is also a very useful piece of information. Say whether shipping is included in the price you're listing, and whether you will combine items to keep shipping cost down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2018, 03:05 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I've looked at the buy/sell/trade lists a few times, and really, I would have to be desperate to put the work in as a buyer, that it would take to know what is really for sale. Sorry. i don't need it that bad. Here is what would make it more likely for me to bother with the forum:

-Before you purge 207 items from your craft room, consider how much work it will be to do a good job, posting stuff for sale.

-If you like posting things for sale, consider doing shorter posts more frequently. Post as you go, rather than one massive purge and post that is impossible to manage well.

-Avoid abbreviations, unless you tell at the beginning of your post what they mean, or you only want to sell to “insiders.”

-Know in advance how much you will charge for shipping and include the amount in your post. You can always let people know you give a break when you're shipping multiple items to one buyer.

-include photos of the items AND measurements. If it's stamps, you could stamp them on grid paper ane tell the grid size. Dies can be laid out on the grid paper, and of course tell the size of the squares.

-include photos or a good description of the condition or the items.

-KEEP THE LIST UP TO DATE. Who wants to bother looking through a list of items for sale, looking the stuff up, because there's no photo, and then finding out it's sold?

-Delete your offering post, when it is out of date or obsolete.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

Thanks for the ideas. All good stuff to consider.

Anyone know if SCS wants sellers to post that many photos? Seems like that would take a lot of storage space...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KendelView Post
I've looked at the buy/sell/trade lists a few times, and really, I would have to be desperate to put the work in as a buyer, that it would take to know what is really for sale. Sorry. i don't need it that bad. Here is what would make it more likely for me to bother with the forum:

-Before you purge 207 items from your craft room, consider how much work it will be to do a good job, posting stuff for sale.

-If you like posting things for sale, consider doing shorter posts more frequently. Post as you go, rather than one massive purge and post that is impossible to manage well.

-Avoid abbreviations, unless you tell at the beginning of your post what they mean, or you only want to sell to �insiders.�

-Know in advance how much you will charge for shipping and include the amount in your post. You can always let people know you give a break when you're shipping multiple items to one buyer.

-include photos of the items AND measurements. If it's stamps, you could stamp them on grid paper ane tell the grid size. Dies can be laid out on the grid paper, and of course tell the size of the squares.

-include photos or a good description of the condition or the items.

-KEEP THE LIST UP TO DATE. Who wants to bother looking through a list of items for sale, looking the stuff up, because there's no photo, and then finding out it's sold?

-Delete your offering post, when it is out of date or obsolete.

I submit several things for your consideration:

Personally, it is up to me to decide how many items I want to list for sale, and how much work I want to put into it.

Also it is up to me to manage my listing, and what may be impossible for you to manage well could entirely be possible for me.

Each seller is only allowed one for-sale thread at a time per SCS rules, so posting more frequently is not possible. This would also affect "shorter" listings; besides, who would determine how many "shorter" is?

With certain items, it is impossible to know shipping charges ahead of time. They are dependent upon the destination.

It is not up to the seller to delete her for-sale thread. These are deleted by SCS moderators after 30 days. If a seller wants her thread deleted before the 30-day period is up, the SCS moderators have requested that we add "PLEASE DELETE" to our thread title.

Finally, I would suggest that if you want photos, stamped images, measurements, conditions and exact shipping, you click on over to the stamp company who made the stamps/dies, and pay full price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2018, 10:46 PM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I submit several things for your consideration:

Personally, it is up to me to decide how many items I want to list for sale, and how much work I want to put into it.

Also it is up to me to manage my listing, and what may be impossible for you to manage well could entirely be possible for me.

Each seller is only allowed one for-sale thread at a time per SCS rules, so posting more frequently is not possible. This would also affect "shorter" listings; besides, who would determine how many "shorter" is?

With certain items, it is impossible to know shipping charges ahead of time. They are dependent upon the destination.

It is not up to the seller to delete her for-sale thread. These are deleted by SCS moderators after 30 days. If a seller wants her thread deleted before the 30-day period is up, the SCS moderators have requested that we add "PLEASE DELETE" to our thread title.

Finally, I would suggest that if you want photos, stamped images, measurements, conditions and exact shipping, you click on over to the stamp company who made the stamps/dies, and pay full price.

Well said, your comments couldn't be anymore spot on! When I search for a stamp set(s) that I don't recognize, I simply click over to the gallery index, have a look and click back, easy peasy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 07:51 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
... ...
Anyone know if SCS wants sellers to post that many photos? Seems like that would take a lot of storage space...
There is not a given limit on photos in a BST thread. Likewise, there is not a requirement to have photos. It's a 'free' forum for parting with your unloved stamping supplies, or finding new-to-you goodies.

The best advice is to read the SCS Site Posting Rules, linked in the footer of each SCS page. The SPR includes a section on our BST/ISO/Trade forums protocol, as well as guidelines for overall SCS participation. And as always, you're welcome to message questions about posting even before you write up your thread. ;)
SaveSave

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 05-18-2018 at 07:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 06:03 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

Thank you. I was just thinking that doing something like adding photos for every item would be crazy on space (network-wise). But I suppose they would get deleted with the post after 30 days. Just thinking about the possible ramifications, that’s all.

Reply With Quote Likes