Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:14 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU is slacking

I got an e-mail from one of the local demos saying she got a shipment of only one case of catalogs. The next shipment wasn't due until mid-July! Is that what other demos are being told? I can't wait until mid-July to see the new catty! I know I can view it online, but it's not the same as holding it in your hands. SU used to be very timely in their deliveries. I would usually have the catalog a few days or even a week before the new ordering period. I also have had an item on backorder since April. What is going on with them???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I was previously a SU demo and I never experienced a back order of the catalogs. Are you sure she did not just order one box and does not plan to order again till July?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:24 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know that I'd say SU is slacking on this...demos were given a deadline to order their catalogs by to have them in hand by July 1st. It sounds like maybe your demo missed the deadline? Not knowing the whole situation, that was just my first reaction...

<---- (Aren't my nephew & niece cute? They take after their aunt, I think!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh yes, there are deadlines to order to ensure getting them when they first go out. Forgot about that as I always ensured I ordered by the deadline.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:37 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

At stamp club on Saturday, my demo told us she didn't even have her copy of the new catalog and wouldn't have ours until mid July. Very disappointing, along with the fact that for the past 4 months of club, I have had backordered items, finally receiving the last one (Square Lattice folder) at this month's club. I'm withholding my decision to continue in my local club until I see the new catalog. I've been stamping for quite a while now & don't really need many supplies, and have found more stamp sets through PTI, Gina K, and Stamping Bella over the past few years.

I'll look at the catalog online this weekend, but you are right that it is not the same as looking at the paper version.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 05:30 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

SU demonstrators could place a "demonstrator order" for themselves several weeks ago and get their personal copy of the catalog with that order. I've had mine for at least two weeks.

Demonstrators could also order cases of catalogs that started shipping on June 18. Depending on location, some demonstrators have had their cases since the middle of last week. Mine doesn't come till today, but that's a shipping issue.

Anyway, the point is - if the demonstrator ORDERED cases of catalogs, she should have them. If she doesn't have any (or they're not received within a day or so), it's because she didn't order them yet. (And I haven't heard anything about quantities being limited - that would be a matter of how many the demonstrator ordered)

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a hobby demo with 3 occasional customers. I placed an order in June and got my free catalog. I also ordered my box of catalogs before the June 18th deadline, and they will be delivered to me today. As far as I can tell every demo that pre-ordered their catalogs got them last week or will get them early this week. So I don't think SU is the reason some demos are not getting catalogs till July .

However I will say SU has really had problems with lots of backorders especially with retiring papers and inks and embossing folders. Sometimes when they order from their vendors they don't receive their full order so they run short. I do hope this improves dramatically with new catalog and that most of their backorder issues will go away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I wonder if she ordered a second box of catalogs with a reward system that SU! has for its demos. That could be the cause for the later shipment of the second box.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
I wonder if she ordered a second box of catalogs with a reward system that SU! has for its demos. That could be the cause for the later shipment of the second box.
if she ordered before the deadline (6/18 ) she would have the reward ones too! I ordered my cases of catalogs (paid for 2 got 1 free with GR) on 6/17 and they all shipped by the SU promised date of 6/18 and they all were delivered last Thursday. Sounds to me like the demo didn't order all of her cases by the deadline. Sorry but in this situation I'd say it's the demo that is slacking (or just not telling the whole story or maybe didn't understand/see the deadline info) not SU

My SUO Blog~Merry Stamps
My blog~ Merry Musings

Do you love Tastefully Simple?? Click HERE for fabulous recipes and to browse the catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #10  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I too would say that she either missed the deadline for ordering them to ensure they got here for July 1st or just didnt order enough of them so I think the error might be on her part...I have all of mine too - you had to put an order in by June 18th to get them before July 1st but I am not aware of any backorder either...SU are VERY good at getting catalogs out to us simply because if we dont have catalogs, there cant be customer orders - it's like our showroom :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymoo2View Post
if she ordered before the deadline (6/18 ) she would have the reward ones too! I ordered my cases of catalogs (paid for 2 got 1 free with GR) on 6/17 and they all shipped by the SU promised date of 6/18 and they all were delivered last Thursday. Sounds to me like the demo didn't order all of her cases by the deadline. Sorry but in this situation I'd say it's the demo that is slacking (or just not telling the whole story or maybe didn't understand/see the deadline info) not SU
That's good to know! Back when I was a demo the GR catalogs seemed to arrive much later than the regular pre-order ones. Or I am remembering them that way..... ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

wow! i got all my cases at once. not sure maybe they ordered later? or maybe they have a promo case under acc. points or starter special?

www.stampiton.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

All four boxes of my catalogs are on the delivery truck as I write this! I ordered by the deadline and yes, the were supposed to come on Friday, but they are here for my OOOH AAAH party tonight! It sounds like maybe your demo was not on the ball or ordered her catties on great rewards??? All of my downlines got their catties on Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

We demos were clearly told the date that we needed to pre-order our new catties and we could order as many boxes as we wanted to!! So if your demo doesn't have them it's NOT SU's fault - she didn't order them!!

I think you'll love the new catty! You could probably get one from another demo if you want to!!
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Sounds like your demo didn't place her order for her catalogs in time. Stampin' Up! announced to us demos several times the dates we needed to place our catalog orders by.

My four cases of catalogs are being delivered today. I am handing out (local stamping buddies) and mailing out (long distance stamping buddies) my catties this afternoon.

I would give your demo a call to check on that backordered item. She can easily call SU to see what the status is.

Good luck!

Stampin' Up! Demo...and lovin' it!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
http://www.pattichesky.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Maybe her demo just wanted to follow the rules and not release it until July 1. May be why she didn't share her's either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchweedaView Post
Maybe her demo just wanted to follow the rules and not release it until July 1. May be why she didn't share her's either.
We can share them now (the actual catalog) if we have them. We just arent allowed to post any pictures online (called Messy Desk pics) or be super specific in online/blog descriptions. But actual catalogs once we have them can be shown and given out. Lots of demos have been showing the catty in person since we began to receive our personal copies, some as early as June 2nd if they overnighted their order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Sorry if I overlooked it in any previous post, but thought it was worth mentioning that the catalog will probably be available for download from the SU! site on July 1st. I have done this several times in the past until I can get my copy from my demo. I find the quality of the PDF to be pretty good and also like having it handy on my computer.

I am not a SU demo, so please correct me if necessary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Maybe your demo is just waiting to order them in the middle of July so she can use her updated Great Reward points (which are updated around the middle of July) to get a box for free.

I got all my boxes, great rewards and ordered boxes last Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #20  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccboobooView Post
Sorry if I overlooked it in any previous post, but thought it was worth mentioning that the catalog will probably be available for download from the SU! site on July 1st. I have done this several times in the past until I can get my copy from my demo. I find the quality of the PDF to be pretty good and also like having it handy on my computer.

I am not a SU demo, so please correct me if necessary.
I'm sure it will be available on July 1. The only problem is that it often takes forever to download on the first day. ;) Everyone has the same idea. I like the online version too. My demo gave me my catalog today. I'm a happy girl tonight. I really like this catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I have to agree that I don't think it is Stampin' Up! I ordered 3 boxes of catalogs and receive all 3 of them. As of July 1st you can order a catalog on the website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

I got my complimentary copy in Canada a few weeks ago, and my 6 cases all came together via CanadaPost. Because I've moved in the last couple of years I'm busy mailing a batch of them out to my long distance gals.
Woohoo!! only 2 more sleeps till we can order!!!
and my Retirement Sale starts......

www.debbietompkins.stampinup.net

Visit my blog: www.stampnscrap4fun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
That's exactly what I am thinking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephydoodlesView Post
That's exactly what I am thinking.
I got 2 boxes of preordered/paid for catalogs and 2 boxes of great rewards catalogs on Monday. I don't think that has anything to do with it.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

WELL I HAVE JUST BEEN READING THE DEMO PART OF SCS AND THERE ARE A LOT OF VERY ANNOYED DEMO'S WHOM HAVENT GOT ANY OF THEIR CATALOGUE ORDERS AND ARE TOLD THEY WONT BE GETTING THEM TILL MID JULY AND THEY WERE ORDERED IN THE PREORDER DEADLINE.

SO BEFORE YOU GO SLAGGING OFF ON ANOTHER DEMO, I SUGGEST YOU FIND OUT THE FACTS FIRST.

THIS IS A SU SHIPMENT SITUATION AND NOT THIS CUSTOMERS DEMONSTRATORS SLACKNESS.

TRUST WHAT YOUR SU DEMO TELLS YOU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraceyMay1View Post
WELL I HAVE JUST BEEN READING THE DEMO PART OF SCS AND THERE ARE A LOT OF VERY ANNOYED DEMO'S WHOM HAVENT GOT ANY OF THEIR CATALOGUE ORDERS AND ARE TOLD THEY WONT BE GETTING THEM TILL MID JULY AND THEY WERE ORDERED IN THE PREORDER DEADLINE.

SO BEFORE YOU GO SLAGGING OFF ON ANOTHER DEMO, I SUGGEST YOU FIND OUT THE FACTS FIRST.

Well said.
I also have a demo friend here that I know she ordered BEFORE the deadline of Pre-orders and she also was told her catty's will NOT be delivered til Mid-July!!
She is very mad as she had a NEW CATTY PARTY all set but NO CATTY's and had to cancel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 04:37 AM   #27  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

very interesting... i ordered mine the day AFTER the deadline (6/19) and got my 2 boxes of catalogs on Monday.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 04:38 AM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmurfBEView Post
I got 2 boxes of preordered/paid for catalogs and 2 boxes of great rewards catalogs on Monday. I don't think that has anything to do with it.
No, my thought was just that she just didn't order any yet, just great rewards, or she only ordered one box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 04:43 AM   #29  
Mad Swapper

Let's get it straight becuase it seems as some people are getting angry. Here it is. No one should assume that SU! has caused this and no one should assume that a demo caused them to be late. Just know that those could be reasons. Some nice people on here have offered what they thought could be reasons for the delay. No one is pointing the finger, just offering possible reasons.

I looked, and I ordered mine on June 18 am. Mine shipped on Monday and will be here on Monday, July 5. I live on the east coast. So, location, order date, etc. all make a difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

no one is "slagging off" on anyone but just offering some ideas without knowing the full situation. To me the fact that the demo RECEIVED a box of catalogs says to me that she ordered *at least that one* before the preorder date...maybe she ordered her other cases at a later time (maybe even after the 6/17 cut off). As far as I know SU has been shipping all orders together (if you ordered 2 cases-they shipped 2 cases KWIM?) so it seems that she ordered them separately. JMHO

My SUO Blog~Merry Stamps
My blog~ Merry Musings

Do you love Tastefully Simple?? Click HERE for fabulous recipes and to browse the catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #31  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Why all the yelling?

In this case it was a mistake on SU's side but SO often it is a demo that didn't get her facts straight and then wants to blame SU for it. I've seen that way too often so I think that's why a lot of us demos presume that she must not have gotten her order in on time and another reason why we should never blindly trust anyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a demo, but I have also found out of the last 3 orders I purchased from
SU, two of the orders had back orders, and that was way before the retirement list came out. I was wondering also, I hope there are enough supplies now with the new catalog.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes