Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2022, 09:04 PM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question SU Paper Pumpkin Questions

Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section or delete if I'm not allowed to enquire. I do not want to get anyone into any type of trouble or issues with SU guidelines. I am not familiar with the Paper Pumpkin Kit program and have never purchased kits of any kind from SU in the past. My brief understanding of this is that it is some sort of subscription program that you sign up for ahead of time, not knowing what the theme of the kit will be. That said, my question is in regards to the possibility of purchasing a stamp set from a previously released kit. Are demonstrators allowed to sell the stamp set individually or the kit itself once the next kit is released? After recently discovering a past kit, I am interested in purchasing the stamp set, but have no idea if demonstrators are allowed to sell them (provided they have an extra to sell or wish to part with the set they perhaps don't like), not sure if there are guidelines that have to be followed - new/used, considered current, retired, etc. etc. I might be making more of this than what it actually is, I just would really like to buy the stamp set and don't want to pose any risk for a demonstrator. Thanks in advance for any help, advice or assistance you can offer, and for reading this post!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2022, 10:43 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am not a demo, I only buy SU second hand. I have seen the stamps from legitimate demos on Ebay. I have seen the kits on Ebay too, if that helps any. My understanding is that demos can break up sets to sell used or if they have overstock. I could be wrong about this and some demo’s might be screaming “Who is doing this?” I have been buying SU on Ebay for over a decade and I have seen individual pieces from the kits and sets for years for sale. HTH

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2022, 05:34 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,702 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Yes, you can purchase the stamp sets from past kits. I have seen demonstrators sell them as well as people here on this site in the Buy/Sell forum. You could post what you are looking for in the ISO In Search Of part of same forum where the Buy/Sell is: Buy / Sell / Trade Forum at Splitcoaststampers

It is a subscription based program where you can cancel anytime or skip a month. The cost is $22 plus sales tax. Sometimes you see hints at what the next kit will be. You make your decision by the 10th of each month.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2022, 07:35 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

So yes, PP is a subscription program. You can subscribe month to month or buy a prepaid subscription for 3, 6, or 12 months. SU has, starting this last year I think, giving visual clues as to what the kits are about so we aren't entirely in the dark anymore. Most kits are cards of some sort and will make anywhere between 6-12 cards. Some of the kits are projects like treat bags/containers. These are usually done for the holidays that we like to give treats- Valentine's, Halloween, Christmas. Lately though, they've been doing mostly cards and offering an optional add on of treat containers.
Anyhow, PP is one of the few things demos can offer cash n carry on but it requires them to buy more than one kit at a time and I don't think the average demo does that. We are also allowed to sell kits we don't use, just like we do any other retired product.
So if you are in search of a specific kit or a stamp set from a specific kit then definitely use the BST forum and create an ISO post. If you know the name of the kit(s) and the month it was issued (and also the year if possible) it would be helpful to include this info in your post.

I also wanted to add that if ever you do want to subscribe that, the subscription can be paused at anytime. You have to go to the PP website and pause or skip each month.

Hope this was helpful
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Chinocookie (02-06-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 12:28 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I am not a demo, I only buy SU second hand. I have seen the stamps from legitimate demos on Ebay. I have seen the kits on Ebay too, if that helps any. My understanding is that demos can break up sets to sell used or if they have overstock. I could be wrong about this and some demo’s might be screaming “Who is doing this?” I have been buying SU on Ebay for over a decade and I have seen individual pieces from the kits and sets for years for sale. HTH
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the information, I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2022, 12:29 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Yes, you can purchase the stamp sets from past kits. I have seen demonstrators sell them as well as people here on this site in the Buy/Sell forum. You could post what you are looking for in the ISO In Search Of part of same forum where the Buy/Sell is: Buy / Sell / Trade Forum at Splitcoaststampers

It is a subscription based program where you can cancel anytime or skip a month. The cost is $22 plus sales tax. Sometimes you see hints at what the next kit will be. You make your decision by the 10th of each month.
Thank you for the information and the advice for the ISO! I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2022, 12:30 AM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
So yes, PP is a subscription program. You can subscribe month to month or buy a prepaid subscription for 3, 6, or 12 months. SU has, starting this last year I think, giving visual clues as to what the kits are about so we aren't entirely in the dark anymore. Most kits are cards of some sort and will make anywhere between 6-12 cards. Some of the kits are projects like treat bags/containers. These are usually done for the holidays that we like to give treats- Valentine's, Halloween, Christmas. Lately though, they've been doing mostly cards and offering an optional add on of treat containers.
Anyhow, PP is one of the few things demos can offer cash n carry on but it requires them to buy more than one kit at a time and I don't think the average demo does that. We are also allowed to sell kits we don't use, just like we do any other retired product.
So if you are in search of a specific kit or a stamp set from a specific kit then definitely use the BST forum and create an ISO post. If you know the name of the kit(s) and the month it was issued (and also the year if possible) it would be helpful to include this info in your post.

I also wanted to add that if ever you do want to subscribe that, the subscription can be paused at anytime. You have to go to the PP website and pause or skip each month.

Hope this was helpful
Very helpful and thank you very much for answering! I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes