Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=cvansluys;16539689]
Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
[/color]

That we are SMART and AWESOME:-)

OR we have a little OCD, LOL.

Oh that's funny......I once had someone tell me that everyone is somewhere on the Autism Spectrum......that's what's wrong with me! LOL!

I like to think that I am just KISSing it.....Keep It Simple Sweetie!
AMEN to that...i was a mess (and so was my craft room) when I was not SUO. Too much stuff I didn't use (NOT that I don't have SU stuff I don't use...but there's much less!).

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #42  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
I am primarly SU only too....though like some others who have posted before me......I do have a score-pal and cricut too. I am not a cutsie person so some of those other stamp companies do not interest me. That's not to say I do not have other stamps from other companies......80-90% is SU only. I also love their CS and DP.....especially the way everything coordinates. It makes my creating so much easier.

I wonder what it says about us that like the matchy-matchy and ease of SU?????
Cindy, this cracked me up because I often wonder about myself! LOL

I am the first to admit that while I have never been diagnosed, I often wonder if I am a bit OCD! When I find a shirt I like, I cant just buy 1, I buy it in 3 different colors. Same style, just 3 different colors. You should see my closet...its kinda weird....same with shoes. I have 2 pairs that are exactly the same, just different colors.

Anyways, I think that when I found SU, its just *calmed me* because I knew I could have the same patterned Designer Series Paper but in different color combos (thinking of Georgia Peach, Maine Blueberry and Washington Apple, remember those?!) and the same exact ribbon, but in Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate. And I could have ink AND paper that matched all of that, too!

Many will say that they couldnt limit themselves to that and you know what, thats okay! I honestly can say that I *need* to limit myself to that so that I can be productive and I think thats okay too! Trust me, I have seen enough people who are SUO and their stuff is AMAZING that I certainly dont think that it limits your creativity!

And I do own and will own other stamps that arent SU...some edgier styles or phrases that SU doesnt sell. But my paper, inks, ribbon and accessories will primarily be SU to keep my "internal harmony" balanced and happy! =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

I do carefully buy other ribbon...Wal-Mart, Micheals, Amuse, etc. I find SU doesn't really have enough ribbon selection. I always make sure what I'm buying matches my SU paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi everyone!

I had to weigh in on this too! I love the 'matchy-matchyiness' of SU CS and DP, crayons, markers etc. But I still like to use the Nesties and Cuttlebug and a few unmounted stamps from elsewhere. I wouldn't want to go totally only one way or the other!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #45  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I do carefully buy other ribbon...Wal-Mart, Micheals, Amuse, etc. I find SU doesn't really have enough ribbon selection. I always make sure what I'm buying matches my SU paper.
Ha, in my opinion we have enough...mainly because I don't have them all yet, hahaha. I've been slow to get into ribbon but now I really love it! As a demo I really stick to SUO for many reasons. Anyway I just wanted to point out that I think we will get a lot of new ribbon in the new big catalog!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm SO super duper excited to see it!

And BTW, I love your sig line! I'd like a chance to prove that money can't buy happiness either, LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #46  

I love SU stuff. I am not SUO, but probably 80% SU. Almost all of my papers and inks are SU. But I have ribbon from everywhere. I would agree that I wish SU sold a wider selection of ribbon. I want ribbon in every style and width to match every color! (Not that I expect to get it;)) I even thought of going more with PTI because they offer ribbon in every color, but I heard about problems with inks and they don�t have markers (I love my matching markers � use them all the time!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I used to just buy ribbon at M's or J's because it was cute, then bring it home and find that it didn�t work with anything else I had. Then I went home and punched out a piece of cardstock in every color they offered and carried it around in my purse with me. I got a lot of funny looks in the store as I was standing there with all my punch-outs trying to match ribbon! I am so glad to hear that they are planning on coming out with a better selection of ribbon in the new catty.

I think going SUO is a great idea if it feels freeing to you. I know I have tried to stay away from all the DCVW paper packs and other specialty papers, they change so often and are so hard to match that they would just become something I collected and then in turn collect dust at my house. I love starting with an idea for color and knowing that I have cardstock, ink, DP, markers, refills, ribbon and other embellishments that will match!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathryn RaeView Post
Hi everyone!

I had to weigh in on this too! I love the 'matchy-matchyiness' of SU CS and DP, crayons, markers etc. But I still like to use the Nesties and Cuttlebug and a few unmounted stamps from elsewhere. I wouldn't want to go totally only one way or the other!
Now see, I use the nesties and cuttlebug! I use the cuttlebug embossing folders. I use sizzix alphabets we dont sell and some we do sell. I guess I dont see that as not being SU (which of course it is NOT SU stuff) because SU doesnt sell all of that and I owned my Cuttlebug before I became an SU demo. I wont give those things up! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #48  
Crimping Master

All my cardstock and inks for cardmaking are SU! Markers, too.

I like variety in my patterned paper (although I have a great deal of SU paper for cardmaking; most of my non SU is for scrapbooking), as well as my ribbon, brads, etc. I don't much care whether it is an exact match.

And I have a cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Ha, in my opinion we have enough...mainly because I don't have them all yet, hahaha. I've been slow to get into ribbon but now I really love it! As a demo I really stick to SUO for many reasons. Anyway I just wanted to point out that I think we will get a lot of new ribbon in the new big catalog!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm SO super duper excited to see it!

And BTW, I love your sig line! I'd like a chance to prove that money can't buy happiness either, LOL!
I thought in November that I would really purchase a lot of ribbon from SU and I couldn't find a lot of colors that match the color of paper I use...
Maybe they will have a better selection next catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

I use to buy absolutely everything that was out there. Well, almost all of it. Then I signed up to be a SU demo for the discount and quickly realized that sticking to 95% SU only was making my creativity reach new heights. Before I could never decide what to use on a card and would start to think what would be perfect was something I did not own and had to order. Thousands of dollars later, I realize that wasn't very wise on my part. I have been so happy with SU!- especially lately with all the new things they have come out with. I'm one happy camper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Michelle, I did not know you were SU only......how cool! I miss chattin' with you and I miss seeing your stuff!

hi cindy!

i wouldn't say SU! ONLY... but A LOT!!! LOL

and i miss having time to stamp and share... hopefully i will find a balance! still doing some stamping and scraping just don't really have time to upload (sad face here!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 04:00 AM   #52  
Stampin' Fool

I have a Cuttlebug, too - love the SU embossing folders. I think their ribbon is great - I have purchased other kinds but always reach for the SU grosgrain. I actually love the width and find that the splash of color it adds is perfect. All those patterned ribbons I thought I'd use just sit on my shelf. I've had my eye on the nesties, too - but have made it this far without them that I'm thinking maybe get one or two sets that are used before indulging in more.

AND I know I'll be getting the new sentiment set from the summer mini with the quotes for women. I think they'll work just perfectly with my Bella's! My demo is having our 2nd Techniques Club on Friday and I need to get my order ready!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's cool. I'm not ready myself to commit to one company, (and I'm not sure it would be SU if I did) but I DO see the appeal.

I think SU is very cool in that there is a pretty wide variety of stuff. I could buy all the pretty simple florals I love, and all the nice greetings, but still get a few fun cutsie stamps and a few more nature themed stamps and STILL not have half the catalog. So that's cool.

So I totally think it's not crazy. I think it might do great for you.

Not me though. haha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #54  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitziView Post
I have a Cuttlebug, too - love the SU embossing folders. I think their ribbon is great - I have purchased other kinds but always reach for the SU grosgrain. I actually love the width and find that the splash of color it adds is perfect. All those patterned ribbons I thought I'd use just sit on my shelf. I've had my eye on the nesties, too - but have made it this far without them that I'm thinking maybe get one or two sets that are used before indulging in more.

AND I know I'll be getting the new sentiment set from the summer mini with the quotes for women. I think they'll work just perfectly with my Bella's! My demo is having our 2nd Techniques Club on Friday and I need to get my order ready!
Mitzi...you will love that sentiment set! Its called Favorite Thoughts and its great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #55  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

hmmm you are getting me thinking too. I love so much stuff out there but I don't end up knowing how to put it together. Since I own practically everything in the past 5 years worth of SU catties maybe I should just stick with that too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #56  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
hmmm you are getting me thinking too. I love so much stuff out there but I don't end up knowing how to put it together. Since I own practically everything in the past 5 years worth of SU catties maybe I should just stick with that too.
It really has made all the difference for me! I can be more focused of creating I guess instead of "what do I have (or not have) that would go with this paper (or whatever accessory or thing I'm using).

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #57  
Compulsive Stamper

I also love the fact that all my SU matches. We rarely ever touch our collection of "other" papers. We waste a lot of time trying to match things up. Really need to find a new home for items not being used. And yes, it would free up space for more. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

Although I buy stamps from other companies, the majority of my products are SU. The quality of the paper is awesome, and it is so convenient as I'm in a Stampers 12 group. It is nice to have coordinating ink and paper for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

I also am a SU! fan (and demo) But I was definitely a fan first! I love how everything coordinates. It does take a lot of guess work out of trying to match the ink and the ribbon and the paper and the embellishments. It is also great quality.

Some of you may want to consider signing up with Stampin' Up! It is a great way to get out of the house, a great way to meet people, get a discount and also earn some free products! I have made up a FAQ sheet if anyone is interested in looking at it just let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #60  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My craft stores are small and don't have a lot of brands and/or a limited variety. So I'm about 80% SU even though I'm not a demo. I use their Classic inks, cs, DSP, punches and ribbons. I too am hoping they give us a lot more choices and colors of ribbon in the new catalog. They've had very limited selections in the recent catalogs I've seen-due, I'm sure, to the latest color revamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
I think it's really easy to get overwhelmed with stuff, and it can stifle your creativity. I limit myself to three main companies (SU is one; PTI and Hero Arts are the other two), but still feel a tad overwhelmed at times.

If SU's current direction has you all jumpin' for joy, go for it and stand proud!
I completely agree with Susan and I too have limited myself recently to buying only 2-3 companies and feel so much better being more focused on the few products I truly love. If SU! is your thing I say go for it 100%!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

I tried to branch out from SU and got so overwhelmed!

I do buy from Gina K and I've been wanting a few sets from Clear Art STamps, Amuse, some TAC sentiments and another company I noticed today on a banner here at SCS. That's about it.

I do research a lot of companies and I'm still oh, so happy with SU. There just my thaaang!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I was a scrapbooker before I became a stamper and discovered SU!, so I had a lot of non-SU! supplies from the get-go. I remember thinking when my demo was telling me how she loved the matching supplies that matching my papers with cardstock and ribbons was half of the fun. Felt like a mini victory when I found stuff I could match!

Then, I bought a pack of SU! cardstock for an event I was attending and then when I started using it, I fell in love with the quality of it but also started to get what my demo was telling me. It was like, "So you mean I don't have to waste half an hour every time digging through boxes to find something that matches?!" Felt very freeing, as some of you pointed out.

Another thing that was very telling was that I noticed that even when I was making a card for personal use and could use whatever, I still reached for the SU! stuff. It's like the coordination is taken care of and I can concentrate on the techniques and design. Another reason I like and use my SU! products so much is the way everything comes nicely packaged. Makes organization easy, which means I don't have to search for stuff, which in turns means this is usually what I will reach for first. SU!'s line of products has also grown from when I first started (no chipboard, no rub-ons, etc.) which makes it easier for me to make scrapbook pages I enjoy as much as my non-SU! ones.

That being said, it's a cycle for me. If I go SUO for too long, I long for something different and go for my non-SU! supplies. Then I come back to it. Honestly, I promised myself when I signed up as a demo that I'd do it as long as it'd be fun and quit if it ever started to feel like a job. It'll be five years in July and I'm still enjoying my demoship and the products. That being said, I buy the SU! products because I feel like it and not because I have to, and when I fall in love with something else, I simply buy it. Patterned paper is my weak spot, and I also like to get tools and dies that we do not carry and that complement our line. Now that companies have started to issue lines with buttons and ribbons made to match their papers, it is easier to match things, but I have older ribbons that have been in my stash for like eight years and that I've never managed to pair with ANYthing...

I don't think I ever make a project that does not have one touch of SU! on it, though, whether it's ribbon or ink or a sentiment or a brad...

I enjoyed reading everyone's post. I don't think there's a right or wrong way to go at it, just one that works best for each of us. It's fun to see where everyone stands, SUO, non-SU!, SUM, and why...

Visit my gallery! ... or my blog (Yes, I caved!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #64  

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_canadaView Post
I was a scrapbooker before I became a stamper and discovered SU!, so I had a lot of non-SU! supplies from the get-go. I remember thinking when my demo was telling me how she loved the matching supplies that matching my papers with cardstock and ribbons was half of the fun. Felt like a mini victory when I found stuff I could match!

Then, I bought a pack of SU! cardstock for an event I was attending and then when I started using it, I fell in love with the quality of it but also started to get what my demo was telling me. It was like, "So you mean I don't have to waste half an hour every time digging through boxes to find something that matches?!" Felt very freeing, as some of you pointed out.

Another thing that was very telling was that I noticed that even when I was making a card for personal use and could use whatever, I still reached for the SU! stuff. It's like the coordination is taken care of and I can concentrate on the techniques and design. Another reason I like and use my SU! products so much is the way everything comes nicely packaged. Makes organization easy, which means I don't have to search for stuff, which in turns means this is usually what I will reach for first. SU!'s line of products has also grown from when I first started (no chipboard, no rub-ons, etc.) which makes it easier for me to make scrapbook pages I enjoy as much as my non-SU! ones.

That being said, it's a cycle for me. If I go SUO for too long, I long for something different and go for my non-SU! supplies. Then I come back to it. Honestly, I promised myself when I signed up as a demo that I'd do it as long as it'd be fun and quit if it ever started to feel like a job. It'll be five years in July and I'm still enjoying my demoship and the products. That being said, I buy the SU! products because I feel like it and not because I have to, and when I fall in love with something else, I simply buy it. Patterned paper is my weak spot, and I also like to get tools and dies that we do not carry and that complement our line. Now that companies have started to issue lines with buttons and ribbons made to match their papers, it is easier to match things, but I have older ribbons that have been in my stash for like eight years and that I've never managed to pair with ANYthing...

I don't think I ever make a project that does not have one touch of SU! on it, though, whether it's ribbon or ink or a sentiment or a brad...

I enjoyed reading everyone's post. I don't think there's a right or wrong way to go at it, just one that works best for each of us. It's fun to see where everyone stands, SUO, non-SU!, SUM, and why...

EXACTLY! Very well said:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #65  
Stampin' Fool

I know I started it...lol...but I am loving this thread! I successfully sold what few CTMH sets I had and bought Awash with Flowers ;) I think I'll put up my Basic Grey sets next! Part of it for me is the whole package SU has - love going to my demo's house and learning new techniques and being around her enthusiasm.

I have my list ready from the current mini and can't stamp fast enough ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

Default OK...Gonna have to be different.

Here I was just thinking, I'm going to sell all of my SU stamps. They are still brand new and I haven't even used them. The only thing I did because I ran out of room was to take the rubber of the wood. Now, I had more room to buy more, and more, and more. BUT, NEVER USE THEM! I'm definitely a collector. I do have to admit although, all my SU inks, re-inkers, cardstock paper, and some (ok, a lot) of designer papers I have. I do use the cardstock, but still collecting all the different designer papers.

Well, I've signed my pledge, and now, I've decided not to buy. But, I want to sell, but I bought them for a reason, I liked them!! I would love to go Magnolia & BnW only.

Well, SU will always have a place in my heart....and in my drawers!! LOL

Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #67  
Matboard Maniac

I was SUO for a long time, but wanted to do more scrapbooking and felt limited by SU especially with 2 little boys. And there's just a ton of cute stuff out there I can't stop buying. But I do feel overwhelmed sometimes by all that I have and frustrated trying to find cardstock or ribbons that match my papers sometimes. I do love the color coordination of SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Why would you want to limit yourself to one company? I love SU for all the reasons stated in this post but there are so many beautiful stamps that are non SU. Not knocking your decision just don't want to limit myself to just SU. That would be like eating Rice Crispies every day when there are so many good cereals to choose from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #69  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I started with SU and have branched out--but there is just WAY too much stuff out there and I have realized that I can't have it all. I have way too much stuff as it is. If I stick with just one company it limits what I have--that doesn't mean I don't have a Cuttlebug and other things but I need to limit what I purchase and use what I have up. Yes--I know--there is always something fabulous coming and I will be ordering from the new catalog but for me I need to keep it simple. So all one company works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 AM   #70  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfillyView Post
Why would you want to limit yourself to one company? I love SU for all the reasons stated in this post but there are so many beautiful stamps that are non SU. Not knocking your decision just don't want to limit myself to just SU. That would be like eating Rice Crispies every day when there are so many good cereals to choose from.
Because of all the reasons stated in this thread. SOME people don't do well with lots of choices....I'm one of those people!!!!!! Too many choices overwhelm me.

I spent way too much money trying to "have it all" and then I didn't end up using it because I couldn't figure out what went with what (not that I don't end up spending too much with SU anyway). TOTALLY stressed me out!!!! Anyway, it just works for me...makes sense to my brain:-)

It's great for the people that can use a bunch of stuff, I just can't! Everyone's different...whatever tickles your pickle...tried to think of something stamping related but couldn't get anything to rhyme, lol!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been thinking about this for a LONG time and I have finally hit the breaking point with all the stamp room clutter. I have TOO MUCH stuff. I am doing some MAJOR purging and I really want to concentrate on growing my SU business. I think I am going to be transitioning over to 90% SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

I am probably about 75% (?) SU--all colored ink, dp and cardstock are SU. Black ink, white cs are various companies...stamps, about 75% SU too. My taste is more "sassy" than SU provides in its stamps. I am very picky when it comes to color matching, and I like the fact that I don't have to work too hard at matching cs/dp/ink when I stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #73  
Matboard Maniac

I am looking for an updated list on the retiring colours of paper from SU. Can anyone direct me?

I am lost here, sorry if this is the wrong forum. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #74  

Hi Blujay
I don't have a list that I can attach, but this blog post has both a list of retiring (fond farewell) colors and a list of the new colors. Hope that helps
http://www.mychicnscratch.com/2010/0...ng-colors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

Default Thank you for replies re; SU colours

Thank you to the ladies who replied to me. Much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blujayView Post
I am looking for an updated list on the retiring colours of paper from SU. Can anyone direct me?

I am lost here, sorry if this is the wrong forum. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

You are definitely not crazy. I started out stamping, and it was three years before I even heard of SU. And, it was a glorious day the first time I went to a workshop I loved that matchy matchy, and I liked the fact that the stamps came in sets. I became almost all SUO by chance more than on purpose. I just found that other papers and single stamps just didn't hold the same appeal to me anymore. And, then I became a demo

I would really look into becoming a demo. Even if you just want to buy for yourself, I'm sure your demo would love to be your upline and still have you come to her classes and such and learn new techniques. She may even have special meetings for her downline with more techniques, shoe box swaps, etc. I have found the SU demo family to be very supportive and so willing to share things that inspire my creativity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberTruckerView Post
I have nothing SU. Am I allowed to stay?
LOL--of course you are!!!
But if you stay be careful, cause anything that stays on SCS for long gets covered in dp and ribbon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #78  
Glitter Guru

I'm probably about 75% SUO, but mainly because we don't have the range in our SU catalogue that you guys have in the US. Our catalogues are slowly getting bigger and bigger each year, but we don't have any of the sizzix things at all so if I want alphabets, dies or embossing folders I have to shop elsewhere.

I have started a passion for PTI as well, so most of my cs, ink and ribbon is now a mixture of SU and PTI, but most of my DSP is still SU - fab colours and quality. I actually tried today to match up some old K & Co papers with my SU & PTI cs and while it was a close match, it still wasn't perfect. I think I'm going to have a sort through and eBay a load of stuff I don't use.

I have tried to use other stamp sets and I love some - Tildas and Anyas especially - but others just don't work as well for me.

And I also became a demo for the discounts and mostly make my minimums myself - quite easily too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #79  
Insane Embellisher

I am still fairly new to stamping and building my supplies. I love SU cardstock and like their ink. I have about 15 stamp sets also. I haven't bought any of the dp but have a few samples that some friends sent me. I would love to have more but just can't afford it right now. I do have a question about the dp. Does it only come in 12 x 12? I thought I had read somewhere about 6 x 6 pads. Do they sell those?

I love SU and would love to have everything coordinating. I think it would help a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #80  

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69View Post
I am still fairly new to stamping and building my supplies. I love SU cardstock and like their ink. I have about 15 stamp sets also. I haven't bought any of the dp but have a few samples that some friends sent me. I would love to have more but just can't afford it right now. I do have a question about the dp. Does it only come in 12 x 12? I thought I had read somewhere about 6 x 6 pads. Do they sell those?

I love SU and would love to have everything coordinating. I think it would help a lot.
They have had a couple of 6 x6 DSP packs as hostess benefits before but I don't ever remember it for purchase.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes