Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-08-2019, 03:36 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Have not read every post, but those that I did had some great ideas. I don't have trouble with masculine cards, as I tend to like that sort of thing myself. I use trees, plants, weeds, leaves, animals/animal skins, textures, lighthouses, barns, covered bridges, windmills, architecture, homes, ships, background pieces with a sentiment, coffee, beer, cars, tools, clocks/watches, gears, scenes, dragonflies, bees, beetles, BBQ, sea/beach scapes, sunsets, designs, camping, hunting, fishing, games---cards, chess, dice and then any hobbies/interests such as music, cooking, wine, stamp collecting (not the kind we are interested in), sports, motorcycling, traveling, gardening or whatever.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #42  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
Have not read every post, but those that I did had some great ideas. I don't have trouble with masculine cards, as I tend to like that sort of thing myself. I use trees, plants, weeds, leaves, animals/animal skins, textures, lighthouses, barns, covered bridges, windmills, architecture, homes, ships, background pieces with a sentiment, coffee, beer, cars, tools, clocks/watches, gears, scenes, dragonflies, bees, beetles, BBQ, sea/beach scapes, sunsets, designs, camping, hunting, fishing, games---cards, chess, dice and then any hobbies/interests such as music, cooking, wine, stamp collecting (not the kind we are interested in), sports, motorcycling, traveling, gardening or whatever.

Honey Bee Stamps has a little pick up stamp and die set. Also, they have a truck die piecing die set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by notimetostampView Post
Angella, yes, Sweet & Sassy has lovely stamps, but I was referring to my stamps, Stamp Simply Clear Stamps. The stamp I added and the link is for Stamp Simply. We do a lot of Christian based, scripture stamps.
Omigoodness, so sorry for the error! :oops: I should clean my glasses! I have some older S&S sets and the packaging was very similar. I will definitely go and check out Stamp Simply!!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh yes, I have some Stampscape stamps that work well for men and older boys too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do 20 or so cards per month for my mother in law. Male birthdays were bogging me down! As a matter of fact, just trying to make each card different was getting harder each month.
One day I got the idea to let theme like patterned paper do the work as a panel.
I bought mostly 6x6 pads, trimmed them to 4x5.25 or used a diecut to make a decorative panel.
Then emboss or stamp Happy Birthday. I also stamp elements if the panel a rather plain print.
This keeps it fresh and fun, especially for kid’s birthday cards. Also, not so much ink and stamps all over the place for so many cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

You can make 6 of each card and keep track of who got them -put a post it note on the one you use last. Then you don't need so many designs and it is less stressful to come up with more ideas.
I was taught this at the very first Stampin Up workshop I went to, and still use it today. No one will get a duplicate card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2019, 07:25 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Am a bit late to this one, but I love making male cards---a lot of my cards come out looking like male cards as I tend to like nature cards---trees, leaves, owls, horses, eagles, fish, scenes, graphics and geometrics, ships, lighthouses, barns, windmills, covered bridges, feathers, architecture, and just about anything but frilly, lacy or flowery. That being said, I stamp by theme for each month and for my November theme I chose mums. I have two men on my list and think the first male card came out very manish even with a mum as the focal image. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
stamps/dies for men's cards-manly-mum.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
Am a bit late to this one, but I love making male cards---a lot of my cards come out looking like male cards as I tend to like nature cards---trees, leaves, owls, horses, eagles, fish, scenes, graphics and geometrics, ships, lighthouses, barns, windmills, covered bridges, feathers, architecture, and just about anything but frilly, lacy or flowery. That being said, I stamp by theme for each month and for my November theme I chose mums. I have two men on my list and think the first male card came out very manish even with a mum as the focal image. What do you think?
Wow! Looks great!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I have a grown son and son-in-law. I have 5 grandsons from 22 to 15.
NONE like hunting or fishing. NO Camping, Cars, Cowboys. NO dogs or cats, No working with tools. Pretty much NO HOBBIES.
SO I use textures for backgrounds, add sentiment strips. I have found that simple is good. Many Brown and red valentines have gone out. I stole an idea from Debby Hughes using 4 patterns of Washi stuck to cardstock & cut out different sizes of circles. Arranged on card front, Add sentiment..DONE!
I make cards for about 25 women per month, and I'm often able to adjust them for the guys with 'manly' colors, or change to patterned paper. This month the sentiment is computer printed: We do not see things as they are; We see things as we are....This will be thought-provoking even for teens!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #50  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I have a grown son and son-in-law. I have 5 grandsons from 22 to 15.
NONE like hunting or fishing. NO Camping, Cars, Cowboys. NO dogs or cats, No working with tools. Pretty much NO HOBBIES.
SO I use textures for backgrounds, add sentiment strips. I have found that simple is good. Many Brown and red valentines have gone out. I stole an idea from Debby Hughes using 4 patterns of Washi stuck to cardstock & cut out different sizes of circles. Arranged on card front, Add sentiment..DONE!
I make cards for about 25 women per month, and I'm often able to adjust them for the guys with 'manly' colors, or change to patterned paper. This month the sentiment is computer printed: We do not see things as they are; We see things as we are....This will be thought-provoking even for teens!

Do you think they would like geometrics? There are some nice simple linked die shapes like circles maybe you could do inlay on?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes! Great ideas, Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes