Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
So funny: I use Versafine Clair ink with alcohol markers frequently and it does not smear for me! Very strange… My favorite ink color of all time is VF Smoky Grey and my new favorite now is definitely VF Clair Morning Mist. I think I have at least 6 other gray inks :-) but this is the one I go back to again and again instead of black, trading off with Memento Espresso Truffle if I need a warmer shade.

I really like Versa Fine Smokey Grey as well but the ink pad that I have is a little bit too juicy, so the images are blurred. I'm hoping it works better as I use it more often, because my other Versa Fine ink pads give wonderfully crisp images when I stamp.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, I've decided that reading this thread is bad for me...you know being an ink addict and all. I have a lot of the inks mentioned, but now I want to go out and get the rest. But it's fun to see everyone's opinion and hear about new products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 05:53 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris4436View Post
OK, I've decided that reading this thread is bad for me...you know being an ink addict and all. I have a lot of the inks mentioned, but now I want to go out and get the rest. But it's fun to see everyone's opinion and hear about new products.

Enablers 'R' Us...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
I do not use Copics and can’t understand SU saying you have to use Momento with alcohol inks.....this is not the case and a I humbly suggest they just promote for whatever reason.
Because they sell it! That's why
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 11:47 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mungojerryView Post
I almost never use black. I stamp mostly in brown. I do sometimes use gray.
I like using Chocolate Chip or Night of Navy for sentiments sometimes. They look great and it's a bit different
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PikkuLillaView Post
I like using Chocolate Chip or Night of Navy for sentiments sometimes. They look great and it's a bit different
Night of Navy is one of my very favorites from my original Stampin' Up ink pad set. I use it for sentiments and images that I don't want to color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris4436View Post

Ugh, I have so many different ink pads, but usually keep coming back to the same ones over and over again. The only reason I'm in the market for new ink pads is because I started using alcohol markers and they call for a different type of ink from my dye markers.

And then when I began using alcohol markers, I did more coloring. That meant that I needed a less-bold option sometimes. That's how it starts...haha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
Soooo, my original ink was and still is Versafine onyx black which is older than dirt and still great. I did buy Momento two years ago and still have not opened.
Why you may ask.......because like others here have posted I have yet to find any problems with bleeding when using Watercolors, alcohol inks. I do not use Copics and can’t understand SU saying you have to use Momento with alcohol inks.....this is not the case and a I humbly suggest they just promote for whatever reason.
I am not sure why no one else has discovered that you don’t need to use Momento. I also like that Versafine Onyx Black gives such nice crisp image. I do use the above mentioned greys and do agree with the description of the color.
Did not mean to highjack but just wanted to share my thoughts on Momento.
No, you don't need to use Memento (and it's memento, not momento), but I've tried many of the other options with my copics and I always return to memento because it's what gives me the best results. That's why so many of us recommend it, because we've already done our experimenting and can say what works best for us. It's not because SU says you have to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #49  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
I almost always stamp my images to be colored with either Versafine Onyx, or Memento Tuxedo black ink. However, there are times when the black ink is a little bit too dark, especially if i use my Misti and stamp more than once to get a good full image.

Does anyone use gray ink instead of black for some of their stamping? I have Smokey Gray, by Versafine and Basic Gray by Stampin Up. The Basic Gray seems a little light, and Smokey Gray is a little on the brown side..plus my Smokey Gray ink pad is a bit too juicy and doesn't give a sharp image. So, I've been considering trying Memento Gray Flannel. Just wondering if anyone uses that for stamped images and how that works. If Basic gray is about the same, then I'll just stick with that instead of buying yet another ink pad.

Thanks!
I use Versafine Clair Morning Mist. It’s a few shades darker than versafine’s gray.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks again to everyone for your opinions and help on this. I finally ended up getting a Dewdrops ink pad in Gray Flannel and will have to see how I like it. So far, I've gotten it on my fingers when I took it out of the package..and that's as far as I've gotten!
Reply With Quote Likes