Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2021, 04:18 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stampin Ups Mini Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine

So, I have been a demonstrator for over 10 years and I have more than I will ever use. I am going to give up my demonstratorship at the end of this year. I was thinking of buying the small mini machine, but not sure if it is worth the investment. I have the larger one just a few steps away, but his one would sit on my desk. I have had some medical issues this year and the steps do make a difference. Not sure if it's worth the money.

I would appreciate any comments. Thank you so much in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2021, 05:16 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

Although I have a full-sized cutter within steps of my desk, I have found that I enjoy having a small cutter on my desk. I use a fair amount of word dies and other small dies so it's nice to just quickly zip it through. It took me years to get one because I kept telling myself I had the full-size, but I haven't regretted it, at all.

(I have a different machine though... purchased elsewhere during a clearance sale.)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for your answering my question. I think I'm going to go ahead with it. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
fl_beachbum (10-14-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 02:39 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

You will be glad you got it. I have it on my desk and use it way more than the larger one.
I do die cutting twice as often now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2021, 06:49 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

my demo has one, but I'm not sold on it. It seems harder to roll through and a waste if you plan to use bigger dies. It's cute, but I don't have room for two machines to set out, and the bigger one makes more sense to me. I'm actually still using the Big Shot I bought from SU years ago and don't see a need to get the new machine. If I was in need of one, I do like the new one and how it folds up and takes less space when not in use.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
ChrisO (10-21-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 05:02 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you both for answering. I appreciate any input. I did go ahead and get it and it comes in handy when I am sitting down and just have small framelits to cut out such as sentiments. I will never get rid of my large one. In fact, I have an electronic Big Shot because I had issues with my hand a few years ago. Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by ttemby:
fl_beachbum (10-24-2021), muscrat (10-22-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

One day I may get an electric one because if hand issues. That's if they still sell them. I haven't seen any lately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Kathy,

They are still being sold. I think the Gemini (and siblings Gemini Jr, Gemini Go) has corned the market, but there are others such as Tim Holtz's Vagabond 2 and brands from across the pond.. I think the Big Shot electronic is still available as well (Amazon still lists it - Big Shot Express). I'm not sure if the Evolution is still being produced but I liked it better than the Gemini, Vagabond or the Big Shot.

Just a word of warning - once you decide you want one, do a lot of research and try to find a way to sample the machines. I've had a few and I'm not thrilled with any of them as each seem to have considerable problems. They are definitely a help but I find myself using my Platinum and Big Shot most of the time. My electric machines are packed. I need carpal tunnel surgery in both hands/wrists and rotator cuff surgery in one shoulder but I'm not pleased enough to bother with them. The Gemini is extremely heavy which isn't a plus. If you happen to own the Evolution you can purchase the motor separately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbell62View Post
Hi Kathy,

They are still being sold. I think the Gemini (and siblings Gemini Jr, Gemini Go) has corned the market, but there are others such as Tim Holtz's Vagabond 2 and brands from across the pond.. I think the Big Shot electronic is still available as well (Amazon still lists it - Big Shot Express). I'm not sure if the Evolution is still being produced but I liked it better than the Gemini, Vagabond or the Big Shot.

Just a word of warning - once you decide you want one, do a lot of research and try to find a way to sample the machines. I've had a few and I'm not thrilled with any of them as each seem to have considerable problems. They are definitely a help but I find myself using my Platinum and Big Shot most of the time. My electric machines are packed. I need carpal tunnel surgery in both hands/wrists and rotator cuff surgery in one shoulder but I'm not pleased enough to bother with them. The Gemini is extremely heavy which isn't a plus. If you happen to own the Evolution you can purchase the motor separately.
thanks for the great info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2021, 02:26 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
Red face My problem and how I fixed it

Just F.Y.I. I was having trouble with my little SU machine slipping and sliding as I was trying to get any sandwich to start through. The little feet just slid around. Finally figured it out and moved the machine off the Tonic glass mat. Now need to clear more space on my desk top for using the mini. :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes