Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show me your stamp binders!

Not binders that contain stamps. But binders that have stamped sheets showing which stamps you have.
I bought a binder today and some page protectors. A friend of mine gave me a good tip on the phone, and I'm wondering how many more good tips are out there! Got any for me? Please share!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would, but I don't have one. I never thought about making one. I should for my SU! stamp sets. Can you post a link or pictures of what these look like? I'm interested and would like to see some here in this thread, too. TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm working on one right now for my unmounted stamps. It's mainly so I can see what I have instead of looking at the stamp and trying to figure out what it is/says. I just got a regular white binder, page protectors, and some cheap white cardstock. I'm stamping like images (women, cats, dogs, backgrounds, etc.) together and once the page is full then I'll place it in the binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Ooohh...I was thinking of doing one ever since I got my Bind-It-All a week or so ago. I found that the SU spiral punch works with the BIA spacing, so I can always add sheets later if I run out of blanks!

I'll get on it...hopefully I will finish before this thread dies...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Subscribing! I need help; I was looking for a sentiment to fit an image I used earlier today, and I have NO EARTHLY IDEA what I have anymore! Some (men) might say that means I have too many stamps, but we know better than that...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's mine...

hope it helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

It does help! I kinda got the idea of what it would look like, but having a photo is always better. I need to work on one this weekend. TFS, Great job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 662 Likes on 345 Posts

I don't have a picture. I have a White Three-Ring Binder. I stamp a set per page, and have them in page protectors. I started my Binder when I already had many SU Sets, so every time I use a set for the first time, I make a page for it for my binder. For new stamp sets that I buy, I make a copy of the label sheet before taking it apart to mount my sets. I also write on the page, what catalogue (and page number) I bought it from (in case I need inspiration later on and want to look it up, and also the price I paid for it (in case I want to sell it after it retires) Not that I have yet done that! :-/ The pages I stamp look prettier. I have them in alphabetical order, but also have a separate section for Background Stamps, for Wheels, and for Non-SU. It has helped me so many times, when I have been looking for a sentiment of a certain size, or trying to decide on what set to use without having to go through my stacks of sets. HTH! LM :-)

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

I make 2 copies of the sticker sheet when I get a new set. One I place in the clear protective sheets in a three ring binder. The other I trim to size and put it with the stamp set in the box. In the binder, I organize them with tabs just like in the SU catalog: hostess, holidays, occasions, growing up, all natural, elements, and greetings. On each page, I label the index sheet with date purchased, catalog, and catalog price, and price paid. When a set retires that I am keeping, I put a red "R" and the date it retired.

So far this system has really worked for me. A couple times I was so excited to receive a new stamp set and assembled them without making a copy first. I did stamp an index for each those. It works to stamp, but I prefer the photocopied index better because they are easier to see at a quick glance for me.

In the back of the binder I have my current Wish List for stamps. Before I order a new stamp set, I always thumb through that section (holidays, greetings, etc) and look to see if I already have something similar. Sometimes you forget what you have! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Nobody mentioned my friend's idea, so I'll share it with you. She said she took a lot of her old catalogs and CUT out the area with the stamp set image/name/price and put that into her binder. She started out stamping the images, but then got tired and figured she'd never finish. I thought it was a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Gina showed how you can just punch holes into the image sheet that comes with the set (if it does) and store it next to the page that holds the stamps, then you just stick each stampm to the binder page in the same spot, makes it really easy to find your sentiments especially, I like this sytem a lot!
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in OkcView Post
Nobody mentioned my friend's idea, so I'll share it with you. She said she took a lot of her old catalogs and CUT out the area with the stamp set image/name/price and put that into her binder. She started out stamping the images, but then got tired and figured she'd never finish. I thought it was a great idea!
DITTO! I love this organization, actually this is the only one organization area I don't think I will ever change. Now storing the actual stamp is a still going process!! I thought I was crazy for saving my old catalogue's.....but I guess it was meant to be, THANK GOD I SAVED THEM.

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by melmelView Post
Gina showed how you can just punch holes into the image sheet that comes with the set (if it does) and store it next to the page that holds the stamps, then you just stick each stampm to the binder page in the same spot, makes it really easy to find your sentiments especially, I like this sytem a lot!
do you have a link? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstampsView Post
I don't have a picture. I have a White Three-Ring Binder. I stamp a set per page, and have them in page protectors. I started my Binder when I already had many SU Sets, so every time I use a set for the first time, I make a page for it for my binder. For new stamp sets that I buy, I make a copy of the label sheet before taking it apart to mount my sets. I also write on the page, what catalogue (and page number) I bought it from (in case I need inspiration later on and want to look it up, and also the price I paid for it (in case I want to sell it after it retires) Not that I have yet done that! :-/ The pages I stamp look prettier. I have them in alphabetical order, but also have a separate section for Background Stamps, for Wheels, and for Non-SU. It has helped me so many times, when I have been looking for a sentiment of a certain size, or trying to decide on what set to use without having to go through my stacks of sets. HTH! LM :-)
I do the exact same thing! Three ring binder. All stamp sets have their own page. Put in binders (2 so far) in alphabetical order. Additional pages for categories like birthday, Christmas, etc. Works great for me because if I know I have a stamp of something specific but can't remember the set name I can just flip through my books till I find it. I don't make a copy of the sticker sheet, I stamp each image on its own paper. That way when I am looking at it I can see if I need to apply a lot of pressure to get the image or if there is a bit of extra rubber on the sides that I need to be careful. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What I've done is, I have added the stamped images into the 3-ring Notebook along wtih my unmounted Rubber stamps.

I never thought about doing two differnt Notebooks.
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your stamp binders!-white-storage-board-w-cardstock-imags.jpg  

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I just finished cataloging my stamps. I stamped each set on its own page, and put these into sheet protectors in alphabetical order. (I'm not into SU enough to categorize their way...it wouldn't mean anything to me.) Before the sets, I also have my loose stamps arranged by themes that made sense to me: animals, love/weddings, holidays, backgrounds, etc. All of these pages are in a big 3-ring binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my index in 3 binders. I either stamp them, copy the image labels or in some cases have cut set images from the SU catalog. I have one set per page for those stamps that are in sets. I also have the sets cross referenced so that I can easily find the sets. I have them divided into categories such as Bride/Baby, Flowers, Christmas, Animals etc. You can see pictures in my stamp room album in my gallery.

Stamp Room by bwstamper at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is mine. http://stampingexpressions.blogspot....ng-lately
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I just copy the page with the SU set out of the catty. With non-SU stamps, I stamped the images onto white paper trying to keep critters with critters, flowers with flowers, etc. I got tired of stamping those and eventually decided to just copy the picture side of the stamp. So I have several different versions of "copies" of my stamps, but it works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I make two copies of the sticker sheet as well - one for the binder and one for the box. I had MANY stamps emptied on to the floor by a three-year-old. You can imagine the child sitting in the middle of more than 100 individual stamps dumped from their boxes... With the second copy cut and taped in each box, it made it much easier to put them back in the right containers. You learn from life's little experiences. And NO I did not take a pix of her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a PowerPoint document. Have copied the *index card* from the gallery with the name of the set in the heading. Have oriented it to print two to a page in landscape. I cut the pages in half so I can alphabetize in my smaller sized binder. Also can quickly view in slide show presentation.

/p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post
I really like how you have that color combination chart, too. That is a really great idea for keeping your favorites together. Thanks for the inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
What I've done is, I have added the stamped images into the 3-ring Notebook along wtih my unmounted Rubber stamps.

I never thought about doing two differnt Notebooks.
What are your stamps stuck to? Are those the SI pages?
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinpollyView Post
I make 2 copies of the sticker sheet when I get a new set. One I place in the clear protective sheets in a three ring binder. The other I trim to size and put it with the stamp set in the box. In the binder, I organize them with tabs just like in the SU catalog: hostess, holidays, occasions, growing up, all natural, elements, and greetings. On each page, I label the index sheet with date purchased, catalog, and catalog price, and price paid. When a set retires that I am keeping, I put a red "R" and the date it retired.

So far this system has really worked for me. A couple times I was so excited to receive a new stamp set and assembled them without making a copy first. I did stamp an index for each those. It works to stamp, but I prefer the photocopied index better because they are easier to see at a quick glance for me.

In the back of the binder I have my current Wish List for stamps. Before I order a new stamp set, I always thumb through that section (holidays, greetings, etc) and look to see if I already have something similar. Sometimes you forget what you have! :-D
Stampinpolly, I do essentially the same thing by making 2 copies of the stamp set and keep a copy in a 3 ring binder and 1 in the stamp box. This does 2 things, it let's people know where to put a stamp back and I know if a stamp is missing. I also listed all my stamps alphabetically on an excel spreadsheet and included the number of duplicates I have (ie.. from SU SaleABration). This way as I get a new one I just hit a button and it's alphabetized again. I was surprized to see how many stamp sets I have. Don't tell my husband!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirlView Post
What are your stamps stuck to? Are those the SI pages?

I'm using those White Plastic stamp boards, that you can find through Sunday International, The Angel Company or Stampin.com

They are a thick piece of Plastic. and smooth for your unmounted (ez-mount) stamps will cling too.

I then take a piece of White cardstock and stamp the image. and add it to the Notebook.

You can view my binders in my Gallery. Look in my signature for the link.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

Default Stamp binder

I print out the index page for the stamp set (most of my stamps are Stampin Up). I put them in a 3 ring binder in alphabetical order. It is easy to flip thru and pick out what you want. I also have an excel spread sheet with all my sets listed with number of stamps in the set. It is amazing how you can get things mixed up when using stamps from different sets on one project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Here's a picture of one page in my index book. My stamps are unmounted, in CD cases. Each case has a label with the set name and manufacturer, but I also put a code number on each case. The handwritten code under each stamp in the index book shows where to find the stamp. The codes start with one or two letters to indicate the manufacturer (i.e. "S" for Stampin' Up!, "P" for Papertrey) and then a number. I do have a list of all of the codes in the front of the book, just in case I have trouble spotting the label in my CD rack, but I find that I almost never need to refer to it.

My stamps are still in their sets, but my book is arranged by categories. Best of both worlds! I especially love being able to find a sentiment stamp with just the right size, shape or font for the card that I'm making.
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your stamp binders!-jan1_index_page.jpg  

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

I also keep a 3 ring binder with page protectors that have either a stamped page or a copied image of all my stamp sets in alpha order.

In the back of the binder I keep a section that has all the sentiments from each set. Each sentiment is labeled with the set it comes from.

I use clear plastic Art Bin boxes to store my individual stamp sets, and take a color photo of the box with the stamps included so I can keep them in my catalog. I have about 30 boxes of these. I'm going to try to attach a sample of one....

Oh, well. It said my file is too big, and I'm not sure how to shrink it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I am almost finished with mine! Reading some of your posts made me DIZZY from trying to figure it out, so I'm hoping when I explain my system to my friends they don't get a deer in the headlight look I'm sure I had!
I just stamped my sets onto GP white cardstock, and slid the pages into page protectors that I put into a 3 ring binder. I have it alphabetized, loosely. I kept messing up the order, but at least each letter is in it's own section!

When I'm done with this binder I think I'm going to take some of my favorite ideas from all of my old catalogs and CUT them out!! {{{shudder!}}} I had already cut out a bunch for my stamp binder, then decided not to do that. But in doing that, I had also cut out some of the cute ideas that went with each stamp set. So I think I'll do that next, and throw away those old catalogs. woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think this is a helpful organizational post if you don't have all SU stamps - http://clearlyistamp.typepad.com/my_...my-stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I usually copy the stamp set on my flatbed scanner because I always forget to copy the image sheet before mounting it. Then I place it in a sheet protetor. I write or type in the upper right hand corner the name of the set, how many is in the set, if it is retired, hostess set, cost etc. Each set gets their own sheet protector. When I have a card I really like and would like to keep for future reference it goes in the sheet protector. When I have extra stamped images that were left over from other projects, but don't want to throw away, they go into the sheet protector too. Hope that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

I have another take on the binder idea...my two best stamping buddies and I call it the "astoundingly scary stamping library"; we all have binders that are organzied by manufacturer (SU, CTMH etc.) We stamp images of each each stamp set we have onto white copy paper and write in our name and the name of the stamp set and manufacturer, then place them in plastic sleeves within the binders. That way we can each borrow from the other if we have a card or scrapbook page that requires a specific theme but doesn't justify the purchase of a stamp set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 AM   #33  
Cardstock Collector

I have one that I made last fall. I call it my "Stamper's Bible".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:51 AM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
Here's a picture of one page in my index book. My stamps are unmounted, in CD cases. Each case has a label with the set name and manufacturer, but I also put a code number on each case. The handwritten code under each stamp in the index book shows where to find the stamp. The codes start with one or two letters to indicate the manufacturer (i.e. "S" for Stampin' Up!, "P" for Papertrey) and then a number. I do have a list of all of the codes in the front of the book, just in case I have trouble spotting the label in my CD rack, but I find that I almost never need to refer to it.

My stamps are still in their sets, but my book is arranged by categories. Best of both worlds! I especially love being able to find a sentiment stamp with just the right size, shape or font for the card that I'm making.
Okay, Chris -- you need to come to Oklahoma and 'work me over' with your system! I could keep you busy for days... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:52 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
Ooohh...I was thinking of doing one ever since I got my Bind-It-All a week or so ago. I found that the SU spiral punch works with the BIA spacing, so I can always add sheets later if I run out of blanks!

I'll get on it...hopefully I will finish before this thread dies...LOL
The SU punch works with the Bind-it-All!!! Thanks, I didn't know that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:56 AM   #36  
Mad Swapper

With this much info you would think I could decide exactly how to organize my images for the maxium benefit -- of course you would be wrong - LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a page for each SU set arranged alphabetically in the first section of a three ring binder. The next section is all my "other" stamp SETS organized by company. The third section is all my SINGLE stamps arranged by occasion or theme...halloween, flowers, birthdays...whatever.

I have another section with inventory lists of things like punches, cb dies & folders, nestabilities.. I keep this current on my computer and when I come home from the craft store I "log in" my purchases before I put them in my craft space. That way I can print out updated inventories and keep them in my car so I will finally quit buying duplicates!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post

I LOVE the idea of keeping the sets together, but stamping the index by 'category.' It sure would take me forever to get an index organized that way, but as it's something I want to do this year, thanks for the great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Got mine done!!

It's so cute...I have to find a good place to display it...thank goodness I don't have 600 sets like some other girls!! This took me 2 days to stamp all my images...with my 8 year old srubbing them and putting them away! Even DH helped clean them late last night when I was down to my last 10 sets! LOL

The best part was, I saw so many stamps I love, and forgot I had!

Here it is:

http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...inventory.html

Thanks for this thread! It was the perfct motivation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post
wow wow wow i love the way you have logged your stamps and sketches too you are so organized.wish i was lol xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes