Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrapbooking made simple super delayed orders

Just wondering if anyone is awaiting July 2016 big sale event orders from Stacy of Scrapbooking Made Simple? I've been waiting since July 2016 and was even told by Stacy in dec when I inquired about the order and she said they would start shipping in Mar 2017. Well it's now May. Does it really take this long to receive items and if so how do they stay in business???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what their website says:

During the following sales at SMS, the shipping time frame is "It ships when it ships". This may mean amonth or many, many months depending on the total amount of orders received during these sales. These sales are: National Scrapbooking Day, The Shop That Did Not Hop Sale, the Sizzix Warehouse Sale, SMS Anniversary Sale, Black Friday-Saturday Sale and the Spellbinders Warehouse Sale.

THERE ARE NO CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS OF ORDERS PLACED DURING ONE OF THESE SALES.

For Non-SALE Orders:
It is our goal to have all non-sale orders shipped within 30 days. Should we receive an unexpected large volume of orders, it is possible that your order will take longer than the 30 days. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
This is what their website says:

During the following sales at SMS, the shipping time frame is "It ships when it ships". This may mean amonth or many, many months depending on the total amount of orders received during these sales. These sales are: National Scrapbooking Day, The Shop That Did Not Hop Sale, the Sizzix Warehouse Sale, SMS Anniversary Sale, Black Friday-Saturday Sale and the Spellbinders Warehouse Sale.

THERE ARE NO CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS OF ORDERS PLACED DURING ONE OF THESE SALES.

For Non-SALE Orders:
It is our goal to have all non-sale orders shipped within 30 days. Should we receive an unexpected large volume of orders, it is possible that your order will take longer than the 30 days. We thank you in advance for your understanding.

I'm not sure how this makes scrapbooking simple ;);)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to read your post twice as I thought there was a typo. So if I'm understanding, you ordered something in July 2016 and 10 months later haven't received it? Did they charge you already? Even if they didn't charge you yet that's, wow. I haven't heard of this company before but glad I know about them now.

Dr Linda, I hope this gets resolved for you, satisfactorily, soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Old thread, same subject! Anyone ever order from Scrapbooking Made Simple? by Rnruns60 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow! No one should still be waiting for an order from last year. I did order from Scrapbooking Made Simple earlier this year. It did take about 2 months.

Barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I made an order in February. 2017. I read the "ships when it ships" disclaimer and viewed the video. This was not during any special sale. After 30 days passed I began making email inquiries to SMS. They ask that you not contact them repeatedly, so every 6 days I made another inquiry. Never a reply. Finally I told them I too was a "Mom and Pop operation," that I did business with those who appreciated my business, and that when 60 days past ordering approached , I would be doing a charge back. Received an email saying they would check with their shipping dept. No other explanation, apology, nothing. Though I received no shipping notice, my order did arrive days later.I had viewed the disclaimer video for sale times. This was not one of those special sale times. I can't imagine waiting 10 months even if it was a sale order that "ships when it ships, Mom and Pop operation."
I see some merchandise I want to order but can't let myself play into such behavior again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

WOW! I would NEVER order from this company. They have an F rating with the BBB. It also shows they have not responded to most of the complaints.
There are several complaints from people that they never recieved their orders from the same sale from last July that you ordered from.
I am so sorry that you never recieved your order. Hoping a miracle happens and it does appear

Last edited by TinaMarie1; 05-06-2017 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Too true.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

I had to wait 7 months for my complete order and I thought that was ridiculous, so now I see it could actually be worse. Of course, that was my first and only order with "SMS". I have no idea how they stay in business. I give lots of money to businesses who treat their customers as they would want to be treated, and many of them are "mom & pop" shops. I believe that good service should be commended and bad service should be made known to unsuspecting customers. I hope your order is coming very soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am so sorry this happened. If they billed you and it was me-I would contact the AG of their state. NYS does not allow you to bill before you ship but who knows what other states do. But no matter-no sane person would be ok with 10 months if they billed you immediately; I dont care what their vid says. I would include the lousy BBB rating and that they refuse to refund the money/cancel orders.

I hope it shows up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #12  

I have been ordering some dies through Amazon that come directly from China and I've been getting each and every one of them within 30-45 days after ordering. I got one of them in 2 weeks!

SMS has no business being in business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scrapbooking Made Simple

I have been ordering from SMS since June of 2016, and I have always had to wait 2.5-3 months for my purchases. At first it made me very angry and I told myself I would never order from them again........One very huge reason
I stay with them is because Stacy is the most outstanding designer of dies I have ever discovered. Her designs are beautiful, intricate, always make clear crisp cuts, and the prices on her dies are about half of what Spellbinders and other companies charge. Her dies are quality made by Sizzix. So I decided that quality, beauty, intricacy and price are very important to me. It's been almost a year since I discovered the Youtubes that she does every Saturday morning, and she has become as important to me as my first cup of coffee. Her company has taught me PATIENCE. That type of customer service is not for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewcrafty28View Post
That type of customer service is not for everyone.
Failing to provide merchandise after ten months, regardless of any posted disclaimer, is not customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Can you imagine if we, as consumers, adopted that attitude and said, "I'll pay when I pay"? Businesses would never put up with that, and consumers shouldn't either. I'm sure they took your money right away, didn't they? I don't understand why anyone would buy from a company with that policy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Sewcrafty does make a point. The dies designed by Stacy are extremely beautiful. I wish I were patient enough to order again but I can't allow myself and my money to be held hostage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2017, 07:20 AM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I forgot to mention

Quote:

Originally Posted by loyceView Post
Sewcrafty does make a point. The dies designed by Stacy are extremely beautiful. I wish I were patient enough to order again but I can't allow myself and my money to be held hostage.

I agree that you have to be very patient when doing business with this seller.
What I forgot to mention (if it makes a difference) is that at check-out, you can choose to "PAY LATER". This way, your item(s) aren't billed to you until it ships. If you choose this method, it not only reserves the item for you, but your money isn't being tied up for any length of time. I talked to an employee about this method, and she told me there is no penalty of any kind if you decide not to pay the inoice that they send thru email right before they ship. Your item is simply placed back in inventory.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

I ordered from SMS in July 2015 during their big Sizzix sale and I got my order some time after October 2015. They didn't charge me until October, but I also chose their "Pay Later" option through PayPal. Stacy seems like a nice lady and I like her YouTube videos, but 8+ months to wait for a sale order is excessive. If I were you, I would do a chargeback on my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2017, 08:36 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I had seen the "pay later" option but had assumed that would delay shipping even further-- like to "Almost Never" or "I Should Live So Long."Stacy does seem like a nice lady.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Now, I just have to say, that if I want to order something and it's out of stock, generally by the time it's back in stock, the desire has passed. I can't imagine having ordered something 10 months ago and still liking it when it "finally" arrives!...I'm too fickle I guess!! On to places that ship fast and have plenty of stock!

Now I know I won't ever order from her, no matter how "nice" she is...she doesn't seem to value her online customers much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2017, 03:34 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

I havet ried, and tried again with these people. Same crap every time. It literally takes months and months to get my order. This last one was the last straw. It was four months and when I contacted them, told them to just cancel the order and I was never doing business with them again! How they stay in business is beside me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I placed an order the last week of December 2016 (not during a sale). I understand that my order could take 30 days to fill. 2 months go by and no order. I called and was told my order would be mailed that week. Another week goes by no order. Called again. Was told it would be mailed and they were so sorry for the delay. Got my order the following week with only 2 items out of the 5 I ordered. It seems the other 3 items were out of stock. Really????? It took another month to get my refund and I got a consolation prize of some stickers (I am sorry to be ungrateful) that I will never ever use. Eck!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #23  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

A "regular" order take about 2 months to come for me: about a month until I get the PayPal invoice (I choose pay later with paypal) and then about another month for the items to actually ship.

If you need something by a certain time, don't order from them. They do have good prices on their youtube yummies and some unique products, but you have to be willing to wait.

During the big sales - yeah, it takes months. Usually the big July sales event items ship October - December. Even if you aren't ordering any of the special event items from the event, if you order during that time, your order will be delayed that long too.

I have never had any issues with not getting an order, but sometimes I have emailed or called to see where things were and that did seem to move the process along a little faster. But that was only for a normal order, not during one of their big sales.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

I placed my first order with them for a "door buster" item on National Scrapbook Day. I read the disclaimer about the long wait for the shipping. It's nothing crucial, I realized there would be a delay but I figured it would ship in a month. Nope, hasn't shipped. I think waiting for several months is ridiculous. Maybe they shouldn't have an on-line store if they are such a small business and can't keep up with the shipping? I like her videos but every week that I watch one, I find myself thinking, "Quit making videos and get my dang order shipped!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #25  
Cardstock Collector

Default Wish I would have seen this thread before placing my order

I placed an order on May 13th and it was not during a sale. I read there disclaimer about the shipping delays if you order during a sale, but never imagined that this would apply to my order.

After 30 days, I contacted them and got a reply saying that they try to ship out within 30 days but that they had 1300 orders on the same day I ordered. Sorry, but I find that highly suspect ... besides, if they have that many orders everyday, then why don't they hire more employees. Because I will never order from them again.

And, I know now from seeing complaints online that most people that have ordered online from ScrapbookingMadeSimple.com wait months to get their orders. The reply I recieved said that I would be receiving an email with shipping information within the week, but I haven't received anything. Now that I see complaints from other people who have waited for months, I doubt I'm going to be getting my order anytime soon, but I'm planning to continue to send them emails asking for a status because it's absolutely the worst customer service that I've ever experienced from an online store. They have my money and I feel like I'm being held hostage. I can't go buy the items from another store because I've already ordered them from ScrapbookingMadeSimple.

I have already received orders from China and the UK that I ordered after placing my order with ScrapbookingMadeSimple. Yet, the status of my order on ScrapbookingMadeSimple is still "Awaiting Fulfillment". If you want to receive your order in a timely manner, stay away from this store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

I, too, am still waiting for an order I placed last November. I have inquired on the order twice, and each time am told the product reorder is not in yet. I told myself not to purchase from them again, but some of Stacy's dies are too cute to resist! I tried another purchase in March. Never got a paypal invoice for this one. Inquired, with no reply at all this time. Don't know how this business can stay in operation. Sad, because Stacy obviously puts forth a lot of personal effort.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe they shouldn't have a online store if they're that busy! I might have to check them out when I'm in Santa Clarita next week.

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Received 301 Likes on 141 Posts

I placed a Sizzix Christmas stamp order with this so called 'business' December 17, 2016, during their sale. I didn't mind waiting, but eight months is a bit much, and I doubt I will have them in time to use on my holiday cards. I emailed, but am being ignored, I will be reaching out regularly until I get a response. Unfortunately, I gave them my money up front.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by AScrapofKindnessView Post
I placed a Sizzix Christmas stamp order with this so called 'business' December 17, 2016, during their sale. I didn't mind waiting, but eight months is a bit much, and I doubt I will have them in time to use on my holiday cards. I emailed, but am being ignored, I will be reaching out regularly until I get a response. Unfortunately, I gave them my money up front.
AScrapofKindness,

You might have a longer wait. Did you see this thread:

Scrapbooking Made Simple - owner's home destroyed by purpleflowers at Splitcoaststampers

I was reading a thread about another company that appears to be taking money and not delivering besides this one. Its a shame as this type of thing makes people very leery and forces them to make purchases from the big box stores instead of the smaller retailers as they're to afraid to take a chance. Sad.

fifi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Received 301 Likes on 141 Posts

How terrible for her and her family, how fortunate that no one was physically injured. Still, she is involved in her shop, and putting out her YouTube videos... and I saw a couple of videos from two weeks ago where people were beginning to receive their Sizzix orders. I have hope, but in the meantime, will come up with a Plan B for my holiday cards. By Christmas 2018 no one will even remember the Sizzix stamps I ordered, so when I use them for my cards, everyone will be wowed! Thank you for the update.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #31  
Crimping Master

I just received my NSD order. There are lots of places to shop so I won't be shopping here again. Buyer beware.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2017, 04:47 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

... ...

That's what I've thought from the start! She's using the money she is getting from orders to pay for the merchandise she doesn't have. Why else would it take so very long to get your merchandise? Her dies look amazing, but not amazing enough to wait a year+ for an order I paid for.

I've wondered what she tells her community when her water or electric bill arrives? I'll pay you when I get to it???

Not good business practice.

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 08-31-2017 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: quote removed ... SPR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #33  
Inking Addict

I've never ordered anything from SMS, mainly because of the shipping cost to Canada. However I like Stacey and her products on her YouTube videos. She would be heartbroken to read this thread as she seems to be the nicest and most genuine person. She stresses on her videos that they are a small business and shipping is slow. She also did a special video this year about their big sale, telling people NOT to order anything if they want it soon. Some of their prices for this sale are incredible, but you have to be willing to wait for them. I'm not, so don't consider ordering anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 05:40 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

... ...

As a christian all I can say is wow. To say I was offended by this doesn't even begin to cover it. The company obviously has issues issues with fulfilling online orders that need to be corrected but such hatefulness and misquoting of God's will is unnecessary. I would have logged off this site, never to return but notice that the post was by someone who has only posted one time... aka the mean post.

There is so much negativity in the world already without this sort of thing. I choose instead pray for her, her family and that she is able to get control of her business. That is what I was taught a Christian does.

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 08-31-2017 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: quote removed ... SPR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 12:50 PM   #35  

As a christian, I am not necessarily offended by that person's post. As Christians we are all imperfect. As a co-owner of a non-stamping business I would never dream of taking a person's money and not giving them the product they paid for until months and months later. Unless it was a custom order that took that long to complete. Houses are built from start to finish in less time than it takes some SMS customers to get their purchased product. SMS should be paying for new product with profit from sales of previous product, NOT waiting until they have enough orders to make a minimum manufacturing order which is what it sounds like they are doing. If they aren't making a profit then they need to change what they charge for their merchandise. This is true for any business, christian owner or not. What they are doing is just not a good business practice. Period. It might behoove SMS to hire a consultant to help them figure out a better set up so that their business will flow more smoothly.

If they are indeed taking advance orders for product then they should be labeling it as a pre-order opportunity. IMO opinion, the whole "it could take up to 10 months to get your purchased product is a bunch of malarkey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #36  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

Well, you made me go look. I wanted to see some of these beautiful dies by Stacy. How do you find them on the website? I see them organized by company, but nothing labeled with her name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #37  
Watercolor Wizard

Nevermind. I think I found them. Simply Designed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

Wow, this sounds like these guys shouldn't even be in business--10 months! If you have time to make a video saying you will be slow, you should probably get those orders out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry, but the small business excuse is just that, an excuse. Look at maymaymadeit.com. The are very small business and it has never taken even a week to get my order in Oklahoma from Tennessee. They don't always have everything in stock, but those items are clearly marked out of stock and are not "orderable".
And there are other small, online businesses that have very good shipping times.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #40  
Watercolor Wizard

To me, it sounds like a matter of knowing how to run a business. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do that. I do know that there's a lot more to it than just loving something and selling it.
Reply With Quote Likes