Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Refreshing Walk Down Memory Lane

When I started making cards 10 years ago, Splitcoast Stampers was the place to go for information, inspiration and encouragement. Many a day I would see cards or tutorials I liked and wanted to keep for future reference, so I would print them out and keep them in my file cabinet. Well the other day on a thread in the Mission Organization section we were talking about organizing with Evernote and Airtable and I realized I was really behind the times and a dinosaur to the ninth degree. So I opened the four drawer file cabinet and took every piece of paper out of it (ended up with a 8 foot stack!) and started to digitize my tutorials and pictures. I scanned, I cropped and I saved for two weeks. It was so nice to be able to find that every one of those tutorials or inspiration pictures from 10 years ago was still here on this web site and all so easy to find. I sorted, I organized, I threw out 4 large garbage bags of paper. I found techniques I forgot about and inspiration pictures that kick started my mojo. It was like visiting old friends again but it was so freeing too.
The refreshing part was seeing that some of the same people that posted 10 years ago are still cardmaking today and still sharing their talent. But it was a little bittersweet too because some of the people that I really admired work from stopped posting years ago. And I had to wonder if they just stopped stamping or were they no longer with us on this earth.

If you are someone who has posted a tutorial or uploaded your work here I thank you from the bottom of my heart and now my very empty file cabinet...I will always be in your debt.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 04:03 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,381 Likes on 515 Posts

Can I like your post a million times please?  I am not creative enough to come up with original ideas but I LOVE sharing what I learn here with others!  SCS is an invaluable stamping resource.  Every time I teach a technique or fold or 3D project that I learned from here, people love it and I love that I can so easily point them to this site.  Thank you, everyone, for sharing and stamping and inspiring and being the reason that makes this site so precious.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
dini (05-16-2023)
Old 09-02-2020, 05:30 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Amen to all the comments.  We really need this site!  I used to get a lot of info from magazines but, like me, they are dinosaurs.  Also, I cannot wait to get back to "in person" stamping and crops when we get the green light to gather; I've got lots of new ideas to share.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Oh gee whiz.....so true! What a great post!

Congrats on that paper purge!! 

Sometimes techniques can go thru fad phases...but pretty is pretty 10 years ago, now, or 10 years from now...one can always freshen up with more current colors if they care. 

I associate people with techniques like my Yoda for years. I miss those afternoons. 

Sadly we have lost some people here. :( 

I join in to say a huge thank you to people who do the weekly technique for us or challenges, or teach us in a card post in the gallery or just in posts on the boards...there is uplifting help everywhere here! 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 290 Likes on 192 Posts

I had a huge folder on my computer labeled Stampin’ Up! that I deleted about a year ago cause I hadn’t stamped for years. I’m now kicking myself cause I just started making cards again and I would love to look thru that stuff for ideas. I’m sure the info is still on here, but I don’t even know what words to search. I was blessed to know many of the original Dirty Dozen and quite a few others from the first few years. I miss those friendships and the inspiration that came from the amazing talent they shared. I hope to develop some new ones on here now that I’ve rejoined.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I too would like to thank everyone that has shared ideas and techniques on this site.
I have learned so much from all of you.  I thought about purging my paper files I have made thru the years but after having 2 computers crash an losing so much information
and ideas I will stick with my paper copies.  It was not fun starting over twice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 11:23 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Great thread! I am also so thankful for this site and all the people who have invested so much time and energy here. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2020, 06:38 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I love SCS!  Almost every day.  A fabulous wealth of ideas and inspiration. Fads come and go, for us the stampers, but  the loved ones and family members who receive our cards do not know that it's a "dated" stamp or an old technique.  They appreciate all of it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2020, 06:44 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

Thank you for posting this - you have no idea how much it means to me! xoxo
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 04:52 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm one of those who has benefited from the talents of so many stampers that post and share ideas here.  Thank you!  I am not techy, so I also have paper files and desktop folders and a ridiculous amount of paper scraps with important measurement or cutting info handwritten on them, often without any hint of what the finished product will be.  I enjoy the enthusiasm and bright ideas, as well as the kindness that can be found here.  Again, thank you!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 05:23 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 338 Likes on 212 Posts

I echo the sentiments already expressed. I am so grateful to SCS, the moderators, those who share so freely, and the questioners and commenters. I love this community.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 06:21 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I started on Split Coast 15 years ago and I still come here often.  I've used the technique resource here MANY times.  Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 07:24 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to all!

I am also very thankful for this side. I first came across about 25 Years ago in a nice shop whilst on a visite in Portland/ Oregon. I life in Switzerland and there at that time stamping was not well known. Today we have a beautiful shop very closed from where I life. But I have learned many things and technics from splitcoaststampers and I still look into this webside and love to get the weekly newsletter! Thank to all who are distributing to this interesting stamping side!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 09:33 AM   #14  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you, too.

I also appreciate the generosity and creativity of all who comment here.  It was nice to see that I'm not the only one who writes info on a scrap of paper, and when I come across it later, I have no idea what it means. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Sending Heaps of Appreciation

I "second that emotion!" Additional gratitude for a place that isn't exclusive to Facebook. I have steadfastly refused to go there.

I, too remember when I first started making cards, decades before Pinterest and crafting blogs. It was a desert out there - so hard to find ideas.

Thank you, thank you Splitcoaststampers! I love this place that challenges and stretches my imagination, and offers a place to exchange thoughts and product information with other crafty people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sometimes I pick a tutorial that Beate did just to hear her voice ......again.....and again. I'm not a stalker.... I just love her way of teaching and her lovely accent. 

CHEERS...... 15 YEARS  with SCS!! Thank you for being a happy place. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am right there with you. Splitcoast stampers is an invaluable site. Thanks to all who keep it going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

This has been my happy place for at least 12 years. I do not blog (yet) so come here to stay in the know and connect with some of the most encouraging and creative people around. I encourage all new stampers to join and tell them about my experiences here. The people here have gotten me through the death of my sister and father and I will never be able to show enough appreciation for that. I just try to stick around, have a presence and encourage new people. Pat yourselves on the back. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 290 Likes on 192 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAKathView Post
This has been my happy place for at least 12 years. I do not blog (yet) so come here to stay in the know and connect with some of the most encouraging and creative people around. I encourage all new stampers to join and tell them about my experiences here. The people here have gotten me through the death of my sister and father and I will never be able to show enough appreciation for that. I just try to stick around, have a presence and encourage new people. Pat yourselves on the back. 

My condolences on your losses. It was a different group of people on SCS then, but I also received a lot of support here when my sister died in 2004.
Reply With Quote Likes