Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions Re Papertrey Ink

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted somewhere else. My info shows that I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while.

I've been having some major issues with the lack of customer service from Papertrey Ink. I'm wanting to know if this is a common occurrence or if something is going on over there.

I do not normally order from them. In fact, I've only placed my second order recently. And, I only did that because I was given a gift certificate to them. Long story short, they were having website issues & did not credit the gift cert & I can't get a response from them.

Anyone know anything?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

They are way backed up on emails. There are updates on their forum.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

I guess that's the other issue that I have with them. They respond to issues on their forum within minutes, but it takes weeks to get a response via email.

And, I've tried to post my issue on the forum & my message was blocked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Short answer- yes.

There are several threads on this very topic floating around here. Let me see if I can find some for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Papertrey's products are exceptional, but their customer service is seriously lacking. I have ordered with them since the beginning, but cringe if I have an issue.

I too ordered on the last release night from their new web site, and had issues. I tried to use a GC and ended up putting it in the notes of the order as instructed. It was not applied and I was charged the full amount. I sent an email to customer service within minutes of my order going through and received a general "we're checking on it" email from Dave 5 days later. Since it did not answer any of my questions, I immediately sent a response asking specific questions. I have yet to receive an answer.

My credit card bill comes due next week and if I do not show a credit for the amount of the GC, I am thinking I will challenge the charges from them. They say to give them until the 13th of March, but by then it will have been almost 30 days from the date of the order---much too long to sort out these issues.

There products are wonderful and I truly love them. However, until something is changed drastically with their customer service, I will not be placing another order.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are a few to wet your whistle:
Farewell to PTI by djaquay at Splitcoaststampers

Papertrey Ink New Website by Monica K at Splitcoaststampers

Frustrated with PTI by thelittlebirchtree at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Deb -

Thank you. This is exactly the issue that I'm struggling with. I cannot wait 30 days to dispute this issue with my credit card company. I hate to be a pain in the rump, but why should I continue to order products from a company that so obviously does not care about customer service?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

In the past, I have had few problems in comparison to the amount of their products I own. However, in looking back at their responses to the issues I did have, I can't understand why I continued to buy from them. As a customer service professional myself, I value good quality customer support. Why did I let them:

1. Tell me to send a self addressed, stamped envelope to receive a stamp missing from a new set they shipped to me. Their defective product but I have to pay again to get what I originally paid for.
2. Return defective ink pads to them, providing proof I actually purchased them from PTI, and being told exactly how much they would reimburse me, and when, for the return shipping charges on their defective product.
3. No contact information, other than an email address, for problems or questions.

I have recommended their products to my friends and many of them have purchased as well. However, on the way to our shoe box swap last Saturday, we discussed the current issues I was having, and all of us are now waiting to see how they are resolved. Of course, in just a few days, the sneak peeks of the new products start again, and PTI will be expecting and dealing with the new orders. HOWEVER, I will not be among them. From what I have read on these forums, as well PTI's own forum, I won't be alone.

Good luck getting your issue resolved as well!
Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

I have never ordered from PTI, but I sure hope they get these issues resolved, because I would love to try some of their products. But as long as I see threads like this, I will steer clear. Especially when there are so many good stamp companies out there that do have exceptional service.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElsaG75View Post
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted somewhere else. My info shows that I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while.

I've been having some major issues with the lack of customer service from Papertrey Ink. I'm wanting to know if this is a common occurrence or if something is going on over there.

I do not normally order from them. In fact, I've only placed my second order recently. And, I only did that because I was given a gift certificate to them. Long story short, they were having website issues & did not credit the gift cert & I can't get a response from them.

Anyone know anything?
Common occurrence.

To be fair, a lot of people will tell you they've never had a problem at all. But... customer service has been an issue for a few years now.

I visited the forum recently to see how things are going - I have some rewards that I'd like to cash in at some point. From what I saw, I'll wait a few months to see if there's any improvement.

There are problems right now with gift certificate redemption, anniversary sets from last year, a stamp set with a missing sentiment, website problems and generally some shipping issues. . . those are things I've noticed from their forum.

I used to order from PTI faithfully almost every month - for years. I now purchase from other companies BUT I would LOVE to be able to come here and tell you they've gotten their house in order and congratulate them! I really believe they can do it .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELSEView Post
In the past, I have had few problems in comparison to the amount of their products I own. However, in looking back at their responses to the issues I did have, I can't understand why I continued to buy from them. As a customer service professional myself, I value good quality customer support. Why did I let them:

1. Tell me to send a self addressed, stamped envelope to receive a stamp missing from a new set they shipped to me. Their defective product but I have to pay again to get what I originally paid for.
2. Return defective ink pads to them, providing proof I actually purchased them from PTI, and being told exactly how much they would reimburse me, and when, for the return shipping charges on their defective product.
3. No contact information, other than an email address, for problems or questions.

I have recommended their products to my friends and many of them have purchased as well. However, on the way to our shoe box swap last Saturday, we discussed the current issues I was having, and all of us are now waiting to see how they are resolved. Of course, in just a few days, the sneak peeks of the new products start again, and PTI will be expecting and dealing with the new orders. HOWEVER, I will not be among them. From what I have read on these forums, as well PTI's own forum, I won't be alone.

Good luck getting your issue resolved as well!
Deb
Just for the information of this thread, the stamp set under #1 above was not the current set. My problem was a Valentine's set that I bought 2 or 3 years ago. The current instance with last month's release was just an unhappy reminder of the way they address defective merchandise problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Oh i just placed a large order today and I didnt see this post. I hope I have good results to report.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

My sister has been trying to get an issue resolved with them since OCTOBER! It is just so ridiculous that it has taken this long. I think my sister has given up. I think I am done with them too. I'm moving on to other stamp companies now.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElsaG75View Post
And, I've tried to post my issue on the forum & my message was blocked.
If you JUST joined their forum, they had recently enacted spam controls so your first five posts or something have to be approved before they will automatically post, so that might be why yours haven't posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Thats right. I PMed Jenn when my forum posts wouldn't show up and she said my first 5 posts would need to get approved. I PMed her again after I was sure I had posted at least 5 times and now I have no trouble using the forum.

I agree with the customer service issues PTI has been having. Their products are really nice so hope they resolve the issues soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I get so sad hearing all the bad customer service experiences with PTI! I feel like they "get away with it" because we feel like their products are just so amazing and we buy anyway (I know I do!). I feel like they have soooo much potential to be the best of the best if they would fix their website and customer service issues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescrapmasterView Post
I get so sad hearing all the bad customer service experiences with PTI! I feel like they "get away with it" because we feel like their products are just so amazing and we buy anyway (I know I do!). I feel like they have soooo much potential to be the best of the best if they would fix their website and customer service issues.
I used to do this too, because I had few issues with their products and service. However, this month totally changed my mind. The way they have handled the web site issues, the refunds for overcharges, responses to email, etc., have totally changed my mind. I will be taking a break from purchasing until they have decided to improve all of these issues. No more "you are important to us" speeches without the actual actions to back up the words.

If you notice, very little input has been made by the owners on these issues. But they will be introducing new products full speed ahead in just a few days.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Farewell to PTI

Just a side note - she is still very active on the forums so I'm not sure about a complete farewell?
Reply With Quote Likes