Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-24-2021, 08:41 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Problems registering with Simon Says Stamp

I'm trying to find a couple of good sources for card-making tools and supplies. Unfortunately, when I tried to register an account on Simon Says Stamp, their registration system raised an error saying, "Your email is invalid!".

The only thing unique about my email is that it uses a custom domain name and uses Gmail to process my emails. I.e., instead of a standard domain like "comcast.net" or "gmail.com", my domain is "bookemdanno.cloud". My email IS valid—no problems using this email to register on Amazon, Apple, other vendors, and this forum.

After contacting Simon Says Stamp's customer support, they suggested that I clear my browser cache. I did that, but it did not fix the problem.

Has anyone else had issues registering an account with Simon Says Stamp? If so, how did you get the issue resolved?

Thanks,

Dan.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Response from Simon Says Stamping

It looks like Simon Says Stamping finally realized that their registration DOES have an issue. Their response is below, indicating that the fix will be rolled out on 6/29. As soon as they let me know about the fix, I’ll test this and let the forum know.

I sincerely hope that others have not had this problem.

Regards,

Dan.

After hearing back from our team, it seems that there was just an issue with our system validating the email. We will have a fix coming, but, unfortunately, that will not happen until 6/29. We do not systematically have a way to manually create an account for you, so it will have to wait until the fix comes through. We apologize for any inconvenience!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

I had the same problem; if the "invalid" message appeared, I would just check out as a guest. I always tried logging in, and one day I was successful. I never contacted them, so I have no idea of the cause or the fix.

FYI: SSS almost always has a $5 coupon code floating around.

Welcome to Splitcoast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I had the same problem; if the "invalid" message appeared, I would just check out as a guest. I always tried logging in, and one day I was successful. I never contacted them, so I have no idea of the cause or the fix.

FYI: SSS almost always has a $5 coupon code floating around.

Welcome to Splitcoast!
Linda,

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It’s good to know that there are other folks that had the same issue. I.e., I’m not too crazy! :mrgreen:

The good news is that they finally recognized that they had an issue and apparently will be fixing it!

Have a good one.

Regards,

Dan.

I didn’t feel comfortable checking out as guest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

I have had that issue ( but, not with SSS) so, I am glad they have a fix for you, mine tends to be on gov't web sites and I tend to have to call and get someone to fix it on their end.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2021, 10:03 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Stacy,

I had a similar issue with a UK company. After pushing and shoving via email for several days, I finally got them to admit that their system had an issue.

It turned out that they were using an email validation software from a small company that didn’t know how to write good validation software. (I’ve had experience writing email validation software. It’s definitely not easy, but not super-difficult.). Like you, they registered me manually.

Unfortunately, Simon Says Stamping wasn’t willing to do that. If SSS fixes the issue, then we can move forward. If not, then they lose business.

One issue for many small businesses who aren’t willing to fix their websites is that they lose business. What is a HUGE issue is they probably don’t realize that most potential customers will just move on to another vendor (like Amazon). I.e. these customers are not as stubborn and pushy as I am. 😎 Companies need to make their buying experience as smooth as possible.

Best regards,

Dan.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
uncbballfan (06-28-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 04:07 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Agree about the necessity of a smooth shopping experience. For general tools, you might also want to try scrapbook.com or EllenHutson.com.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Farmeranne (07-07-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 07:21 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hultenlkView Post
Agree about the necessity of a smooth shopping experience. For general tools, you might also want to try scrapbook.com or EllenHutson.com.
Leah,

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll try both.

Best regards,

Dan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have an account with Simon, but for some reason their system always has an issue with my credit card. I use the same card on other websites but it won't go through on theirs. I tried calling their customer service but never got a person on the phone. So I spend less there (and save myself from spending) but still inconvenient
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi. My login issue has been resolved and I placed an order. I’m waiting to see how this works out.

Regards,

Dan.
Reply With Quote Likes