Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #81  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think very few pinners add their own comments. I see the same pictures with the same captions over and over. I only add my own caption when I pin from the original source.

Now that being said, I too read about stealing bandwith (or something like that) and it costs the blogger money. Please read the link purpleflowers put in her response to this thread on page one. Now I "like" a picture then I go to the picture in my likes and get myself to the original post and pin it from there. A little more work, but really it isn't a big deal. some of the things I pin I only want for a short time to push some inspiration on me so I delete it from like.

there is a thread on SCS about polite pinning.

I do think the blogger that responded to you (OP) is unfamiliar with pinterest and probably equates what you did to posting her original work on your blog as your own. Just wait until she discovers the world of pinning - she won't even have time to post on her own blog anymore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #82  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, you are right, it was not aimed at you. It was not aimed at ALL bloggers, either. It WAS aimed at those who think that because someone is inspired by them or "pins" them that they are stealing from them. You mentioned that you think linking back to your blog is courteous but you did not say that it was a requirement. You share to share, which is what I think it is all about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had some pins that linked back to Google Reader ... so I unpinned and repinned to make sure they took who-ever clicked them back to the original blog. Whew! I felt bad when I realized someone wasn't getting credit for their work I'm loving Pinterest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense to those of you have said: if someone doesn't want to share their stuff, then why share it? But, if you use that logic, then any author who publishes a book in a library, musician who writes a song on the radio, and any painter who creates a beautiful piece of art for an art gallery can be plagiarized. Why do we give them respect but not give our fellow paper crafters the same respect?

Amen Sister!
And this link that was posted on an earlier post is very thought provoking. Thanks for posting that!

Last edited by michellesscrap; 03-12-2012 at 05:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #85  
Die Cut Diva

NBC talked about this today. It was all positive and Pinterest will be adding employees. One statement that was made was "people are using photos to pin links and share". Nothing negative. And i found a very recent article stating that the owner of pics etc needs to protect their work. So the responsibility is with the owner.

I was thinking of a scenario. "look at my beautiful cake. Thank you for the compliments but you cant have any".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #86  
Rubber Obsessor

It's too bad she doesn't realize what pinterest can do for her lil old diva blog. I think since wonderful crafters have started pinning some of my stuff on their boards, my blog hits have almost quadrupled in 3 months. I say pin away pin away and if along the way, my little old cards happens to inspire someone...awesome!

Color of Happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #87  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Pinterest Is Not As Innocent As It Seems!

Several of the digital designers are having problems with Pinterest because some of their Original digital images that you would have to purchase are appearing on Pinterest which costs them sales. That is the "stealing" part. To pin original work to Pinterest without permission of the creator IS copyright infringement and if you look at the Pinterest policy you will note that the pinner is personally responsible for any legal problems that arise from their post. Posting your own finished cards is not copyright infringement and no one cares if that happens. If you post your finished cards make sure you post your watermark over the card or you will find your work being sold as "inspiration" for others which you may or may not mind. Read the policy rules on Pinterest before you decide whether you will be a member. It is not just as innocent a time-suck as it appears.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #88  
Matboard Maniac

Please don't shoot me, but I am going to share my thoughts. I personally LOVE Pinterest! I have wasted (been inspired) for many hours on end looking at pins and repinning. But after reading this article, I have chosen the delete most of my boards. I have not deleted all of them yet because I still want to keep track of some of the things that I found inspiring (this was a decision I made this weekend and I'm not done clearing my boards yet). I will also continue to pin my own work because I OWN those ideas.

Basically, the article says that the TOU of Pinterest leaves any liability on the pinner - if you pin something that violates copyright infringement, YOU the pinner can be sued. This article mainly speaks about photography sites, but it also applies to any pin that isn't your original work.

Should the owners of the pinned piece choose to sue someone, it's not going to be me because I will no longer pin something that wasn't created by me personally. It's just not worth it to loose my house or my business over some craft inspiration. If this is true or not, I'm not sure - I am just not taking the chances. The article was written by a lawyer and she would know a little more than me. But I'm not taking that risk.

In regard to the very first post that started this thread about the blogger who said "stop stealing", I have to defend the blogger. If she didn't give you permission to take a photo off her blog, you don't have the right to do so. Now, I'm sure she doesn't mind having her work referenced, but you should probably see if she has an "all rights reserved" clause on her blog - most serious bloggers do.

I personally don't have a problem with my work being pinned - but I don't submit work for publication. There are some magazines that accept work that has already been posted on a blog, but require that the images be taken down once a card has been accepted for publication. If that card was pinned to Pinterest, it would be physically impossible to delete every repin of that project. And therefore, there is a chance that the card would not qualify for the publication - you might have caused her some $ (many stamp companies offer compensation if you get published using one of their images).

I think a good way to go about pinning something to pinterest is: 1. see if they have a Pinterest link on their blog - if they do, they probably don't mind you pinning their work and 2. If you are really inspired by someone's work, let them know by leaving them a comment - then say "would you mind if I pinned this on Pinterest?" 9 times out of 10, I'm sure the blogger would be thrilled. But YOU are now covered from copyright infringement since you actually got permission to pin something! See...CYA (cover you *****)!

By the way, I am always thrilled when someone pins one of my cards! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 AM   #89  
Swap Moderator
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

All this talk of Pinterest... has anyone tried Clipix?

Clipix Epipheo - YouTube
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #90  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Pinterest Terms of Use

Here are the Terms of Use that most of us would overlook using Pinterest:

In several places in Pinterest�s Terms of Use, you, as the user, agree that you will not violate copyright law or any other laws. And then there is this:

�YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATION, SERVICES AND SITE CONTENT REMAINS WITH YOU.� (yes, this is in ALL CAPS right in their TOU for a reason).

And then, there is this:

�you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Cold Brew Labs, its officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Site, Application, Services or Site Content, (ii) your Member Content, or (iii) your violation of these Terms.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #91  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeedubyaView Post
http://pinterest.com/source/yourblognamehere/

Use the above to figure out what creation of yours got pinned.
Oh my! Thanks for sharing this--I just found TONS of my creations on Pinterest. Crazytown!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #92  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellesscrapView Post
No offense to those of you have said: if someone doesn't want to share their stuff, then why share it? But, if you use that logic, then any author who publishes a book in a library, musician who writes a song on the radio, and any painter who creates a beautiful piece of art for an art gallery can be plagiarized. Why do we give them respect but not give our fellow paper crafters the same respect?
I have to agree with this!

It's kind of like an art gallery that shows photography. The artist wants people to come into the gallery to see their work, in some cases to buy copies. But they don't someone taking photos of their work, making a copy of that photo to give to friends who make more copies to give to more friends.

I have a Pinterest account with only a few items on it, since I was a little late coming to the party. But I'll be deleting my account in the next day or two, after I bookmark the pages I pinned. I really wish Pinterest had a "PRIVATE" option, that allowed me to pin items to use as my own personal visual bookmark. Trying to find a specific card using my traditional browser bookmarks is a real pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #93  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I have to agree with this!

It's kind of like an art gallery that shows photography. The artist wants people to come into the gallery to see their work, in some cases to buy copies. But they don't someone taking photos of their work, making a copy of that photo to give to friends who make more copies to give to more friends.

I have a Pinterest account with only a few items on it, since I was a little late coming to the party. But I'll be deleting my account in the next day or two, after I bookmark the pages I pinned. I really wish Pinterest had a "PRIVATE" option, that allowed me to pin items to use as my own personal visual bookmark. Trying to find a specific card using my traditional browser bookmarks is a real pain.
I agree and also think that having a PRIVATE option would be a great solution!
Creative Ideas and MORE at La-La Land Crafts Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #94  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan7356View Post
All this talk of Pinterest... has anyone tried Clipix?

Clipix Epipheo - YouTube
I think this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! It says it can be made private! I'm going to go check it out now!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #95  
Die Cut Diva

With all the dust being stirred I am afraid it will put the gallery here in jeopardy.

I for one would hate that. I love browsing and love saving things for inspiration. AND YES I may share the example with someone that has not seen it on here because I happened to run across it before they have had the chance.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

I just looked and Clipix does indeed have a privacy option! Woo-hoo!
Each tray of photos can be locked, or all unlocked or some locked and some unlocked. In locked mode, you can keep it completely private, just for yourself, or you can share it with only clipix friends.

I'm going to keep everything on mine private. Oh, just what I've been wishing for! My only personal visual bookmarking tool!

Thank you Joan7356!!
Hugs!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #97  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've read most of the posts on this thread so my apologies if I'm repeating anything.

Firstly, I'd be very excited to see my cards pinned on Pinterest! But one thing I've noticed is that you can actually upload a photo from your computer to Pinterest, therefore there'd be no linking back to the person's blog and if there isn't a watermark on the photo then there's no way of telling who's work it is. Could be why some people are upset about their work being pinned???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #98  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Okay why is clipix any better then pinterest?

( the terms of use are just as complicated to wade through?)
and that one states you are responsible for what you "pin" or "clip" also...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #99  
Rubber Obsessor

Default One Last Thing About Pinterest

In addition to holding the pinner liable for any and all expenses involved in pinning someone else's work without permission, Pinterest OWNS any original work you post on their site:

Direct Match Media (March 13, 2012)

"And assuming you actually ARE the copyright holder of that image you just pinned, you just granted Pinterest a "worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such Member Content only on, through or by means of the Site, Application or Services!" (Pinterest Terms of Use)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #100  
Die Cut Diva

Thought Clipix with the "privacy" settings would be perfect, but I am unable to pin anything outside of the Clipix site. I read where others with Firefox or Chrome were having the same problem. So I tried Internet Explorer and couldn't even log in.

Maybe the just right visual bookmark site will come along one day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #101  
Swap Moderator
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Thought Clipix with the "privacy" settings would be perfect, but I am unable to pin anything outside of the Clipix site. I read where others with Firefox or Chrome were having the same problem. So I tried Internet Explorer and couldn't even log in.

Maybe the just right visual bookmark site will come along one day.
Really? I have had no problem whatsoever. I wish I knew what to suggest as I love it!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #102  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeedubyaView Post
If pinning is stealing, cuff me and stuff me in the back of the cruiser, man. "Watch your head, ma'am."

I still think it's respectful to link back to the blog of the person you're casing but if you don't, it's not like I'd hunt you down or anything. I sent an e-mail to someone ONCE when there were pages I created with my kids pictures on them to promote a class she was giving. It offended me not because she used my page design, but because she didn't remake the page with pics of her own. I sent her a polite e-mail and she was incredibly dismissive. Whatever. In my mind, she's in the wrong but in her's, she's right. What am I gonna do, eh?

I remember the day I figured out how to find out what had been pinned from my blog...HUZZAH! Flattery city!

Keep pinning, fellow Pinheads!
Brandi, almost sounds like you've been there before. LOL

I haven't tried pinterest yet so I don't totally understand it but I don't see how someone pinning your work could be a negative thing. Even if it's repinned or someone puts the recipe with the pin it's not taking traffic away from my blog because I wouldn't have had that traffic to begin with.

In fact I've been getting a fair amount of hits from pinterest and 46% were new visitors. I'm off to go check out Brandi's link. She has me intrigued.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #103  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
And to all of you little people,"Stop stealing from my blog!"

(There, I just wanted to know what it felt like to be a paper crafting diva. It feels pretty idiotic, to tell you the truth!)
LOL! That was just too funny! I'm laughing at the blogger too who's complaining about her cards being on pinterest. As they say - people will always find something to complain about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #104  
Glitter Guru

Pinterest is now my third best traffic source and has boosted traffic to my blog considerably in the past 3-5 months. Pin away!!!

My Blog - Crafting The Web | Illustrator and Designer for - Gina K Designs

2012 Design Team Member - Spellbinders
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #105  
Polyshrink Goddess

Honestly, what is wrong with people? Don't they understand the purpose of Pinterest???

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #106  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseygalView Post
Honestly, what is wrong with people? Don't they understand the purpose of Pinterest???
I think that most people understand the purpose of Pinterest. The current issue is with the legality of it. And the Terms of Use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #107  
Polyshrink Goddess

I disagree. If people understood the purpose of Pinterest, I think the legality issues would be a non-issue. Just my opinion.

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/

Last edited by horseygal; 03-15-2012 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #108  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseygalView Post
I disagree. If people understood the purpose of Pinterest, I think the legality issues would be a non-issue. Just my opinion.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

i hate to add watermarks to my card pictures!
Since pinterest i make sure i add my watermarks to it.

I saw the other day on facebook a discussion from 2 of my Magnolia DT girls considering to actually delete their pinterest account because they are worried about the trouble and eventually being sued.

I just finally was able to get an account with Pinterest.... so iam just trying to figure everything out.

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #110  
Pearl-ExPert

wow.. thats interesting.
how does that work than???
how does the traffic go to your blog?
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaCCView Post
Pinterest is now my third best traffic source and has boosted traffic to my blog considerably in the past 3-5 months. Pin away!!!

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #111  
Pearl-ExPert

For anyone interested in doing reading more about the issues surrounding Pinterest, here is a great article :- DDKPortraits DDK Portraits - why I tearfully deleted my pinterest inspiration boards . Be sure to follow it up with this one
My Date with Ben Silbermann -- Following Up and Drying My Tears - Atlanta Senior Portrait Photographer talks with Pinterest - DDKPortraits DDK Portraits, where the author of the blog recounts her conversation with the founder of Pinterest. Very interesting stuff - food for thought regardless of your personal opinion on what constitutes "stealing"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #112  
Glitter Guru

I think most of us with blogs are ok with our images being pinned or repinned....especially if it ups traffic to our blog. (Now I just need to create something cute and update my sadly neglected blog! LOL)

Many companies are THRILLED with Pinterest and are actually working in conjunction to be a big presence on there like Better Homes and Gardens.

Here lies the problem, at least how I understand it by the articles I have read about it. Pinterest is saying that you have gained expressed permission from the source you are pinning to pin their item...pictures linked to an article, generally. Also, as someone else posted, by pinning things, you are giving them the right to basically own your idea or picture or whatever you are pinning.

Now is this likely to happen? I don't know? But I do know that I am trying very hard not to pin people's original artwork from a site that is not the original source of the artist and also, I am rethinking posting from blogs who do not have the Pinterest button or who say they dont mind being pinned.

And I do not want anyone to take this the wrong way but I also would be thrilled to have my stuff from my blog pinned. BUT I can see why MoManning and others, who are creating artwork FOR us to all buy and use in our creations, DO HAVE big time problems with people posting their digis or other artwork and putting them up as "free downloads" and etc. That is taking away from their creative ability and their livelihood. So while its easy for us to say "lighten up! It's only pinning and I'm not hurting anybody!" the real fact is, maybe we are hurting them. I'm not trying to suggest that we are not all artists and creative in our own right, but I know I papercraft for fun and a creative outlet, not as a source of income, so I don't know how I would feel if my stuff was being pinned if it were my source of income and my job and being offered up as "free" by a person who did not create it. I would probably have a real problem with that. And, obviously, most people are not doing this maliciously, it is innocent, but it probably still hurts the artists.

Here is the article I read and I also read the subsequent articles that are shown in this article so I could become more informed. It gave an idea of what the problems were. I am still using Pinterest like crazy, but am more careful of what I am pinning.

http://www.knoed.com/thewindowseat/p...-were-leaving/

Last edited by kspiv; 03-16-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #113  
Stampin' Fool

I think (just my opinion) that if people actually read the TOU/TOS on every website they visited, they would find most of the exact same wording and disclaimers that Pinterest has. Take it how you will...I'm just sayin'

Edited to add: Just clarifying what I am trying to say: Everyone who has a Pinterest account clicked on the little "I agree" thing before any of these issues were brought up and if the whole copyright "we own you" sort of thing had not been brought to the spotlight, no one would have been the wiser. That is the point I am trying to make. Everyone clicks on the terms and they almost all say the same thing.

Last edited by CraftyMel2; 03-16-2012 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Those with Pinterest accounts might want to read this article in the Wall Street Journal:

Is Pinterest the Next Napster? - WSJ.com

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #115  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
I think (just my opinion) that if people actually read the TOU/TOS on every website they visited, they would find most of the exact same wording and disclaimers that Pinterest has. Take it how you will...I'm just sayin'

Edited to add: Just clarifying what I am trying to say: Everyone who has a Pinterest account clicked on the little "I agree" thing before any of these issues were brought up and if the whole copyright "we own you" sort of thing had not been brought to the spotlight, no one would have been the wiser. That is the point I am trying to make. Everyone clicks on the terms and they almost all say the same thing.
Agree. I also wonder how many have read the TOU here.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #116  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post

exactly... the biggest lie we tell is...

I have read and agree to the tou... :mrgreen:

the key word here is that they reserve the right to SELL anything pinned...
and although you dont see any ad's on that site now, what do you think will happen when they run out of money? some where someone will sell something most sites sell advertising... but they reserve the right to sell your pins...

so it has the potential to be a much larger mess then any of the other sites.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #117  
Glitter Guru

Agreed...I highly doubt we read the TOS before we agree to something but maybe we should start doing that a bit more. LOL

And thus far, I dont think there will be any issues but as someone else stated, as a free site for the time being, it seems cool but what happens when/if they decide to sell someones idea/pin/photo, etc? Just something I know I will take into consideration. I personally try not to put out there anything I dont want seen/shared. I plan to put up pics of my new craft room on my blog and pinterest boards. I find it hard to believe Pinterest will give a hoot about my lil ole craft room pics and try to sell anything from me but others may not feel so warm and fuzzy about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #118  
Kookie Creator

I just recently started on Pinterest and I love it. Since others were pinning my things I thought maybe just having my own presence on there would be good too. My traffic to my website has increased dramatically in such a short time and the amount of email from new ones who've found me through Pinterest is amazing.

Pinterest does allow websites to opt out of pinning.

If you go to their help page
Pinterest /Help

Click on "Getting Started". After that comes up, look under "Linking to your blog or website" and there's a link "What if I don't want images from my site to be pinned?" It gives you the code to use on your website pages if you don't want your photos pinned.

Last edited by 2BCreative; 03-18-2012 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #119  

I have read most of the comments here, and Pinterest has been on my mind a lot lately. I started using it in earnest many many months ago, but llike many others, became a bit concerend with the terms, and certainly don't want to share anytjhing folks dont want shared....I do make sure the pics I pun have a watermark, and I do put the post URL in the comments...I have moved to private boards on Clipix though, as I was using Pinterest mostly for my own bookmarking, not so much to drive blog traffic. It is concerning to some artists, and I can understand why!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #120  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaudiafromGermanyView Post
wow.. thats interesting.
how does that work than???
how does the traffic go to your blog?
I've only just joined myself after seeing how much traffic they are sending me, so I don't know much about it. It looks like photos that are pinned from my blog, link directly back to my blog, and people are following those links.

My Blog - Crafting The Web | Illustrator and Designer for - Gina K Designs

2012 Design Team Member - Spellbinders
Reply With Quote Likes