Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #241  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
While I can understand people wanting stamps to be correct in every way, I can't help but think of how many things we see every day that are shaped "incorrectly". Stars are not star shaped but that does not stop me from stamping with them. Hearts are not heart shaped I don't think a cardiologist would skoff at a valentine though. I think there is always room for artistic license
Oh, yes, that is true. There ARE some incorrect things that I like, like bees having dots for eyes, instead of the compound eyes of real insects. But I still draw two extra legs on my otherwise perfect Penny Black bee (with the dots for eyes) so that it can have six legs instead of only four.

I also prefer snail eyes on the ends of the stalks (?) (like in SU!'s Unfrogettable) but will tolerate them if they are in the lower part (like on Penny Black)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #242  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Faces without mouths. I refuse to buy a physical stamp without a mouth no matter how pretty otherwise. A digital stamp I can easily manipulate a piece of hair or a nose to be a mouth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #243  
Kookie Creator

It really annoys me when a craft magazine features a card that has wonky placement (that should be square on). The other day a magazine was showing how to use their free gift of die cuts and had just plonked the die cut on the card without cutting the little nibs off. I could never send a card out like that and if someone is being paid to show something off surely the least they can do is do it properly.

While on the subject of those sheets of die cuts it's so annoying when the cut is not centralised around the image which makes it totally useless to me as I could never use that and by the time you've cut round it it will never look good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #244  
Rubber Obsessor

My pet peeve is when someone writes out the words "I heart you". I can handle it when they use an actual heart instead of the word love because I can read that as the phrase "I love you". But what the heck does "I heart you" mean.

I figure they don't have a heart stamp,punch or the ability to draw the simple shape of a heart. So why not just use the word love,it's less letters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #245  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

linda,

my daughter dated a man, whom we all loved, odd as he was. in the beginning, like maybe after a year, he decided he did love her, but could not say it so he wanted to know if it would be ok, if he said "I heart you". my daughter said oh hell no, either say the words or if you cannot, don't. many years later she is married to a wonderful man, but her and M. share custody of a dog, my dear son in law gets on great with M and they all love the dog and now, now, when he sees the dog and my daughter, he always says goodbye and hugs her and they share I love you's. I know that it is far from romantic. I am still glad he is in our life, but I fear he will be alone for ever, unless there is a woman out there that will settle of "I heart you"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #246  
Hardware Hotshot

One of my Pet peeves is when someone creates a subject title for a message here that just says " HELP !!!!!" nothing else .

I click on it thinking the person has a crises and needs help NOW. When I read the message the person just wants to know what to do with something or where to find something . It is not a crises that needs attention within the next 5 minutes such as how to clean up spilled ink .

I would appreciate a subject title that says Do you know where to find XXX or how do you do XXX rather than just HELP !!!!! all caps with lots of exclamation points

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #247  
Stampin' Fool

People who are quick to judge another without taking the time to get to know them. I believe differences in one another make for a better world. Can you imagine a world of clones? That's frightening:lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #248  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
One of my Pet peeves is when someone creates a subject title for a message here that just says " HELP !!!!!" nothing else .

I click on it thinking the person has a crises and needs help NOW. When I read the message the person just wants to know what to do with something or where to find something . It is not a crises that needs attention within the next 5 minutes such as how to clean up spilled ink .

I would appreciate a subject title that says Do you know where to find XXX or how do you do XXX rather than just HELP !!!!! all caps with lots of exclamation points

Thanks
I tend to hover over the title of those threads, a pop up box comes up with the first couple of lines of the 1st post. I click and open the thread if it seems like something I can actually help with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #249  
Kookie Creator

Kristen, I can do that on my laptop but it doesn't work on the iPad.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #250  
TJC
Glitter Queen

Gosh. I just read through eight pages of pet peeves, and the only one I can really come up with when it comes to stamping is when I physically cannot recreate the picture I have in my head, and I end up pulling everything out, making a royal mess of everything, and end up with wadded up bits of paper for my trouble.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #251  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am irritated by stamps/papers that say "Winter Wishes." What the blank does that mean? "I wish you winter?" "Wishes for Winter?" No need here in Chicago to wish anyone "winter!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #252  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisa MayView Post
I am irritated by stamps/papers that say "Winter Wishes." What the blank does that mean? "I wish you winter?" "Wishes for Winter?" No need here in Chicago to wish anyone "winter!"
I don't know, if it's 110 outside winter wishes sound pretty good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #253  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

I always thought this sentiment could be for cards that missed the Christmas deadline. Too late to send "Christmas wishes" so "winter wishes"...actually the stamp I have says "warm winter wishes" instead of just "winter wishes". I'm in the desert and lots of people here are from other places, and around winter-time they moan about the lack of snow. If I were to send anyone "winter wishes" it would be these people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #254  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Ditto here in upstate New York! However, I have a stamp that says "A jolly little wish for a wonderful little winter". Maybe "winter wishes" is the abbreviated version of that...?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #255  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use greetings like "Winter Wishes" as generic seasonal greetings.

For example, I may not want to send a "Merry Christmas" card to a Jewish friend, Buddhist friend or atheist friend (yes I have all three)...so I send the more generic greeting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #256  
Hardware Hotshot

I have a couple of friends who are Native American and they are not Christians nor Jewish . They celebrate the Winter Solstice so Winter Wishes would be appropriate for them or anyone you want to remember during the winter holidays who is atheist or agnostic .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #257  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So then "Spring Wishes," would be generic for Easter/Passover/Presidents' Day? I'm thinking of possibilities now. . . We couldn't really say "Fall Wishes," which sounds more like a curse, but "Autumn Wishes" for Thanksgiving and Halloween. "Summer Wishes" for the Fourth of July. Makes me giggle (and I don't want to do any work around the house at the moment).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #258  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

um, how about people that start threads asking for help and don't come back to the thread.
Reply With Quote Likes