Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2022, 12:03 PM   #961  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts

Teri, I think they have notifications to ding their cell phone when someone posts or something like that. I don't do that, so I don't know how it works. I spend very little time on the computer and don't care about getting notifications.
edit: I don't mean for that to sound snarky. I am tired and having trouble coming up with a sweeter (nicer) version of my reply. So sorry. Such is life as I transition into my new role (caregiver) with retired DH.

Last edited by Arlene_C; 08-06-2022 at 12:12 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Arlene_C:
hoptownracer1 (08-06-2022), smhtwin (08-08-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:17 PM   #962  
Groovy Granny

Received 305 Likes on 163 Posts

Up for Grabs Waffle Flora Home- Spoken for

https://waffleflower.com/products/flora-home-stamp-set

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Kindness always wins-makes you better not bitter

You can't change the wind, but you can adjust your sails

Last edited by Grandmasue; 08-07-2022 at 08:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2022, 02:30 PM   #963  
Kookie Creator

Received 301 Likes on 141 Posts

To everyone who has been patiently waiting on their watercolor brushes -- they will be going out on Monday. I wanted to make sure they were washed clean, dried, and shaped before mailing them. Wouldn't do to get a brush with jacked up bristles. I attended the Orange County Fair yesterday with my best friend and it was everything fun and beyond. If you have a fair going on, but haven't yet taken the time to experience it, I suggest dropping all the boring stuff on your dance card and rocking the day or night away.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by AScrapofKindness:
hoptownracer1 (08-06-2022), kazeka (08-06-2022), smhtwin (08-08-2022), TeriJ (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #964  
Kookie Creator

Received 523 Likes on 222 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_CView Post
Teri, I think they have notifications to ding their cell phone when someone posts or something like that. I don't do that, so I don't know how it works. I spend very little time on the computer and don't care about getting notifications.
edit: I don't mean for that to sound snarky. I am tired and having trouble coming up with a sweeter (nicer) version of my reply. So sorry. Such is life as I transition into my new role (caregiver) with retired DH.
I don't think your answer is snarky at all.
Being a caregiver is rough. Did your DH retire because he now needs intensive caregiving? That would be even harder because you do not get to enjoy a retirement of leisure.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
hoptownracer1 (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:33 PM   #965  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by AScrapofKindnessView Post
To everyone who has been patiently waiting on their watercolor brushes -- they will be going out on Monday. I wanted to make sure they were washed clean, dried, and shaped before mailing them. Wouldn't do to get a brush with jacked up bristles. I attended the Orange County Fair yesterday with my best friend and it was everything fun and beyond. If you have a fair going on, but haven't yet taken the time to experience it, I suggest dropping all the boring stuff on your dance card and rocking the day or night away.
Lercy, you always go above and beyond. And your offerings are always generous and top quality. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2022, 02:50 PM   #966  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

Nice set... But don't think I would used it. Thanks Linda
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmasueView Post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2022, 09:58 PM   #967  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Thank you Scrapjanny for starting this thread! It has been so much fun and I have got to meet so many wonderful people on here!
Thank you Arlene! I appreciate that so much!
I add my thanks to you for keeping this going as well Chris. As you said, it's not just the sharing aspect of this thread, but getting to meet everyone who posts on the thread as well. It's like the the old neighborhood coffee klatch, but online.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by kazeka:
hoptownracer1 (08-06-2022), smhtwin (08-08-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 10:02 PM   #968  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I haven't gone to the fair in years, but always loved it! My mom used to enter her needlework in the Orange County Fair and even won the top prize twice! She taught needlework classes and her students looked forward to the fair every year. It's such a great summer activity, and I'll have to put that on my to-do list for next year.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2022, 11:15 PM   #969  
Glitter Guru

Received 860 Likes on 513 Posts

Much love to you Arlene! You didn't sound snarky! I never have my cell phone on, so it wouldn't do me any good to get dings. (((HUGS!))) I hope you can get some rest!
My kitty is helping me type, so I will blame him for the typos. He helped me make cards earlier too, so every card will have little cat hairs hidden in it somewhere! lol..
Lercy, Thank you for your thoughtfulness! You go to such care to make sure everything you send is perfect, and it really is like getting a special present every time I have gotten something from you; not to mention your beautiful cards! I do enjoy looking at your cards so much!
Did you ride any rides at the fair? I miss that, since having dizzy issues. I used to love riding the Avalanche, the Scrambler, the Swings etc.. My sister loved riding the scarier rides like the Zipper. Even when I was younger, the wilder rides made me sick, so I didn't ride them, but my sister LOVED them! Probably still does. Oh my, and the Cotton Candy! Nothing like Cotton Candy right from the maker; nice and warm. I can almost smell it! Of course, these are memories from when I was way younger, so everything was bigger and better then! I am glad that you got to go and had a good time!
Karen, Thank you! You are so sweet! I miss the old days when we had good neighbors and would visit each other and got along so well. Things are so different now. But I am happy that we can visit here and wish each other well and chat about our love of making cards. I do enjoy that!

Reply With Quote Likes
smhtwin (08-08-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 11:47 AM   #970  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 974 Likes on 663 Posts

Thanks to all who are able to share. I use the PIF's I receive. If I have extras, I pass them on to other seniors in my area. Money is tight.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smileyj:
hoptownracer1 (08-20-2022), smhtwin (08-08-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 07:01 PM   #971  
Glitter Guru

Oh, I totally understand that! Everything is so expensive now. That is so good that you share with others! Good to see you! Hope you had a good weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
smhtwin (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 09:20 AM   #972  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

Chris - I think you're doing an amazing job and I thank you for your time, attention and PIF's that you bring to this thread!

Scrapjanny - thanks for hosting the original thread

I have taken a few items in the last couple of weeks and I have a stack of things I will start posting to PIF.

Lei Betty - I got the purple twine and your beautiful card over the weekend. Thanks so much!!

Like others have said, I enjoy this thread for not only the PIF items but also the chatter that goes along with it. I "know" several of you from other threads and it's nice to see you here too.

Arlene - sending you hugs as you transition to being DH's caregiver. I work in a Senior Resource Center at a local hospital. I talk with seniors and their family members/caregivers every day and can empathize with what you are dealing with. Please know we're thinking about you and DH and are sending love and support!
Reply With Quote Likes
Arlene_C (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #973  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

DH and I take our son to the San Diego County Fair every year and we always have a blast! I think the Fair folks headed up your way after they finished here in San Diego in July. We always ride the Ferris Wheel first thing and last thing when we go. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #974  
Glitter Guru

Thank you Lorraine! It is so nice getting to know you all on here!
Lorraine, it sounds like you and your family have a wonderful time at the fair! That is awesome!
Joan, Thinking of you and hoping that all goes well! Prayers!
Arlene, I am so glad that Lorraine and some of the others have some insight into being a caregiver. I hope their words and support bring you comfort!
Much love to all of you!
Hope today is a good day for all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by hoptownracer1:
Arlene_C (08-08-2022), jeanne3579 (08-08-2022), smhtwin (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 08:03 PM   #975  

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Baby-themed items

One die set, two stamp sets. See photos. PM to claim. If you have received a free PIF in the last week or two, please allow others to have an opportunity to claim something from this list. Thank you.
All items have been spoken for and have been mailed out.
Attached Thumbnails
Pay It Forward 2022...-e7765170-5646-4a4d-b1de-7e08247ad3e8.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-c198120c-0efc-48e3-9b52-7bfc679c3b89.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-c9d53fe8-02ba-49a5-83b2-4602b8076de2.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-bbe13704-e9ed-4fb1-8b33-583f65bb6c3d.jpg  

Last edited by ozarkstamper; 08-15-2022 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: To update available items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2022, 11:40 PM   #976  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hi Arlene, as someone who doesn't even carry a cell phone at all, I have no idea how to do anything on a cell, much less get notifications. I do, however, spend a lot of time on the computer so I often browse the SCS site, and therefore see a lot of the PIF posts.
I do get emails when someone posts in a thread that I subscribe to, so maybe that's an option for those who feel like they're missing PIFs?
Anyway, it sounds like you're going through a lot of changes right now that will require a lot of energy and lifestyle tweaks. I hope that you DH's health problems aren't serious and that you are able to get assistance as you move into a new phase. As I turned 70 this year, and my DH is 78, I imagine we'll be facing those same adjustments in the near future and I don't look forward to it. Best of luck to you.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2022, 10:49 AM   #977  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

OMgosh I haven't thought of that ride the Zipper in so long! we loved that one. I get car sick and I can't spin, but I can do that one, since it's end over end not round and round HAHA!!
so no merry go round or any of those spider/octopus ones for me. I will get sick

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (08-12-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 11:09 AM   #978  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
Hi Arlene, as someone who doesn't even carry a cell phone at all, I have no idea how to do anything on a cell, much less get notifications. I do, however, spend a lot of time on the computer so I often browse the SCS site, and therefore see a lot of the PIF posts.
I do get emails when someone posts in a thread that I subscribe to, so maybe that's an option for those who feel like they're missing PIFs?
Anyway, it sounds like you're going through a lot of changes right now that will require a lot of energy and lifestyle tweaks. I hope that you DH's health problems aren't serious and that you are able to get assistance as you move into a new phase. As I turned 70 this year, and my DH is 78, I imagine we'll be facing those same adjustments in the near future and I don't look forward to it. Best of luck to you.
Karen
Karen, I swear we're long lost twins! I will be 70 in January, and DH & I both do not carry a cell phone. We do, after many many years without, actually HAVE cell phones, because doing curbside pick up requires one, and he had to have one for certain internet banking things. Those phones only leave the house when we go out to do something that requires their use- otherwise they stay in the house. I haven't learned yet to use apps, but he put a bunch on my phone. I would have to learn how to activate them to use them. Like you, since I'm retired, I'm on the computer a lot, so I see when pifs are posted. Unlike you, my DH is 10 years younger than I am, AND still working- he's a software engineer- try explaining anything to an engineer!!! It's frustrating how much tiny detail I have to go into for something like "Please get me a package of burger from the freezer downstairs"- That has to be "Please get me a package of ground beef, hamburger, hbg., or burger, wrapped in white freezer paper, on the second shelf in the freezer (that's the beef shelf), probably on the left side of the shelf, and please bring me the oldest dated pkg." Oh, and I have to specify if I want a one pound or a 1 1/2 pound pkg, but that's totally expected. I also usually have to indicate with my hands roughly the dimensions of the pkg. he's looking for. ARGH! However, it is nice to have my own tech support when the computer fights back. He's been better about helping me with things because of my knees and back than I expected him to be.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by contrapat:
kazeka (08-09-2022), lovinpaper (08-09-2022), smhtwin (08-10-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 01:06 PM   #979  
Pearl-ExPert

Chris and Lercy, I haven't forgotten about your PIFs! I took the packages to the post office today and found that it was closed, for some unknown reason. I'll try again this week. I can usually just weigh them at home and mail, but these need to be weighed and sent from the PO this time.
Thanks for your patience.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2022, 01:28 PM   #980  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
Karen, I swear we're long lost twins! I will be 70 in January, and DH & I both do not carry a cell phone. We do, after many many years without, actually HAVE cell phones, because doing curbside pick up requires one, and he had to have one for certain internet banking things. Those phones only leave the house when we go out to do something that requires their use- otherwise they stay in the house. I haven't learned yet to use apps, but he put a bunch on my phone. I would have to learn how to activate them to use them. Like you, since I'm retired, I'm on the computer a lot, so I see when pifs are posted. Unlike you, my DH is 10 years younger than I am, AND still working- he's a software engineer- try explaining anything to an engineer!!! It's frustrating how much tiny detail I have to go into for something like "Please get me a package of burger from the freezer downstairs"- That has to be "Please get me a package of ground beef, hamburger, hbg., or burger, wrapped in white freezer paper, on the second shelf in the freezer (that's the beef shelf), probably on the left side of the shelf, and please bring me the oldest dated pkg." Oh, and I have to specify if I want a one pound or a 1 1/2 pound pkg, but that's totally expected. I also usually have to indicate with my hands roughly the dimensions of the pkg. he's looking for. ARGH! However, it is nice to have my own tech support when the computer fights back. He's been better about helping me with things because of my knees and back than I expected him to be.
Pat, the computer geeks are all alike whether called a software engineer, computer programmer, systems programmer, systems engineer and the list goes on and on. Totally understand! I married one too.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2022, 09:07 AM   #981  
Glitter Guru

Chris - I got the rub-ons yesterday. Thanks so much!

I'll be posting some stuff in the next few days.
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 09:32 AM   #982  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default PIF postings Kitchen Sink Stamps

I will do my best to get these items attached. Please PM me if interested. Most are current and can be found on the website with their coloring guides for download. I have not used these. I thought I would love them, but they just keep getting moved around and never used.

Sayings and Blue Bonnets spoken for.

Hummingbird and Sailboat set spoken for.

Hibiscus with Mahalo stamp spoken for.

Cow stamp spoken for.
Attached Thumbnails
Pay It Forward 2022...-bold-4-seasons-greetings-2-.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-blue-bonnets-2-.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-hummingbird-2-.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-sail-boats-2-.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-mahalo-2-.jpg  

Pay It Forward 2022...-thanks-so-moo-ch-2-.jpg  
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.

Last edited by lovinpaper; 08-12-2022 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: updating
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #983  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default dies need a new home

The paisley one is from Tonic Studios. It is two dies together. The My Favorite Things one is current, on sale today with the Wednesday Blitz sale. I liked it, but never used it as I really do not like fiddly things. Send me a PM if interested.

Spoken for.
Attached Thumbnails
Pay It Forward 2022...-paisley-border-die-2-.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-happy-birthday-2-.jpg  
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.

Last edited by lovinpaper; 08-10-2022 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: updating
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #984  
Gallery Gazer

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

I think the Kitchen Sink Stamps are beautiful with such depth to the stamped images. I recently learned that KSS has the cut files for their stamp sets so if you own a Cricut, Silhouette, etc., you can get the cut files from KSS. If you buy the stamps from them and order the cut files at the same time, they are free. If you get the stamps elsewhere, say this PIF thread, you can get the cut files for $0.99 each, and she will email them to you. She also has the files for retired sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
leibetty (08-10-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 10:20 AM   #985  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

The cow stamp is still available. See the photo on thread number 982. This is a small stamp that was a thank you when purchasing the other stamps from Kitchen Sink. Never been inked.

Spoken for!
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.

Last edited by lovinpaper; 08-12-2022 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: updating
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2022, 11:07 AM   #986  
Glitter Guru

Chris - thanks for the additional packages of stars! Much appreciated and I'm going to start using them this weekend

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2022, 06:56 PM   #987  
Glitter Guru

Smile

You are welcome! Thanks for letting me know they arrived!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! This week has really gotten away from me.
Reply With Quote Likes
smhtwin (08-15-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 04:22 PM   #988  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 2 stamp sets to offer.
Reverse Confetti sentiments **SPOKEN FOR**
Crafter's Companion Humphrey's Corner Collection "Birthday Girl" **SPOKEN FOR***

Pay It Forward 2022...-dscn2269.jpgPay It Forward 2022...-dscn2270.jpg

Last edited by Arlene_C; 08-14-2022 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: update
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2022, 06:02 AM   #989  

The Tonic dies and the SU stamp set shown in post #975 are still available; up for grabs.

The stamp set has been spoken for.

Last edited by ozarkstamper; 08-14-2022 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Update as to availability.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2022, 06:35 AM   #990  
Stazon Splitcoast

All my previous pifs were mailed this past week. I will have these stamp sets mailed on Monday as I have other business at the PO and surrounding businesses. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2022, 01:12 PM   #991  
Kookie Creator

Default Unity stamps, Studio G, Ink on 3

For mailing to USA addresses only, please.

Unity Itty Bitty line: WIB-927 wagon taken, IB-952 cupcake taken, WIB-924 flower
Studio G: 4 small accent stamps, each bout 2" square
Technique Tuesday: One of a Kind taken
Ink on 3: Margarita Party, 4" x 6" clear stamp set taken

All items have been claimed.
Attached Thumbnails
Pay It Forward 2022...-pif10.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-pif11.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-pif12.jpg   Pay It Forward 2022...-pif13.jpg  

Last edited by TeriJ; 08-20-2022 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: updating items spoken for
Reply With Quote Likes
desertdeb (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 02:56 PM   #992  

All items from post #975 have now been claimed. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2022, 04:19 PM   #993  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have 2 stamp sets to offer.
Reverse Confetti sentiments **SPOKEN FOR**
Crafter's Companion Humphrey's Corner Collection "Birthday Girl" **SPOKEN FOR***

Attachment 386344Attachment 386345
These pifs were mailed today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2022, 07:02 AM   #994  
Glitter Guru

I've gotten a few things recently and want to repay the kindness and generosity

SU You're a Gem.jpg (127.7 KB)

THIS SET HAS BEEN SPOKEN FOR.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Pay It Forward 2022...-su-youre-gem.jpg  

Last edited by smhtwin; 08-17-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smhtwin:
Arlene_C (08-16-2022), leibetty (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 12:54 PM   #995  
Pearl-ExPert

Chris and Lercy, I finally got to the post office again and mailed your packages today. Sorry for the delay but they're on their way at last.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 06:25 PM   #996  
Glitter Guru

Smile

Thank you Karen! There was no rush for mine, but appreciate you letting me know! Sorry I haven't chatted as much lately. The maturity of womanhood has been a real pain lately; hot flashes, not being able to sleep, vertigo, etc.., so I have felt bad a lot lately. This too shall pass, but it is being a real pain! Was that T.M.I.? lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2022, 08:41 PM   #997  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Thank you Karen! There was no rush for mine, but appreciate you letting me know! Sorry I haven't chatted as much lately. The maturity of womanhood has been a real pain lately; hot flashes, not being able to sleep, vertigo, etc.., so I have felt bad a lot lately. This too shall pass, but it is being a real pain! Was that T.M.I.? lol...
Oh man, I'm lucky that I never had issues like that but It must be really tough to deal with, along with your usual aches and pains. The vertigo is the worst I'm sure!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (08-17-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 08:44 PM   #998  
Pearl-ExPert

Arlene, I got my PIF in the mail today and can't wait to use the Paper Pumpkin elements! Thank you so much for including extra card stock and the ribbon. Thanks for the paper share as well. These will be perfect for fall projects.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Arlene_C (08-17-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 08:42 AM   #999  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 974 Likes on 663 Posts

I suffer from Vertigo often. I can drove a person crazy. Take care my dear friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (08-17-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 12:08 PM   #1000  
Glitter Guru

I too suffer from off-and-on vertigo

i carry meclizine with me in case it comes on while I'm at work.

Chris - sending you a gentle hug and hope your symptoms calm down soon....
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smhtwin:
hoptownracer1 (08-17-2022), lovinpaper (08-17-2022)