Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitter GypsyView Post
My biggest concern is that when I view the cart or go to check out in both Chrome and Internet Explorer, I get security warnings that the page is not secure. Chrome strongly advises not to enter sensitive information on the page. I will not order until security issues are resolved.
It looks like parts are secure, others are not. Explorer ought to be giving you the option to display only the secure parts, though when I click that, I don't see what ISN'T displaying, so I can't tell what component is insecure.... but I hate when I get that https crossed out by chrome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm having the same security issues, too. Major issue.

Frankly, I'm disappointed in the site. Sure it looks pretty but it doesn't appear to be fully tested. Major issue. Or loaded correctly. Lot of things in the wrong categories. Lots of old products. Yes, I'm sure I want to order a 2011 calendar.

And the timing? Right before a major release? Not so good.

Attention to detail on the business side, PTI. It is one of your downfalls.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great site!
blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm having forum withdrawals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post

me too! : (

Does this mean we have a problem, like an addiction? ; ) nah, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by milwaukiteView Post
me too! : (

Does this mean we have a problem, like an addiction? ; ) nah, LOL
Right there with you. Don't ask me how many times I've checked to see if it's up yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #47  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Me to! I miss the forum so much, plus i need two addresses from my inbox. Annoying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Me too!

I really like the new site.
Oh, but I do wish there was a wishlist.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smaverick1View Post
Has anyone logged in to look at the available reward dollars? My total was overinflated.
WHAT??!!! They have REWARD dollars???? What is this??? I've never heard of this!! Have I been missing out???

edited to add: Okay, I love the new website, BUT didn't try putting anything in my cart. I just looked around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
WHAT??!!! They have REWARD dollars???? What is this??? I've never heard of this!! Have I been missing out???

edited to add: Okay, I love the new website, BUT didn't try putting anything in my cart. I just looked around.
It was launched last year as the replacement for the come-grow-with-us by buying stamp sets reward program.

Basically, it's supposed to be that for every $25 you spend, you earn $1 in rewards that you'll later be able to spend on an anniversary set or other stuff from the PTI store.

But, of course, I can't get you the deets because the forum's down, and the website is glitchy, and they don't seem to have any info AT ALL about it on the website anyhow, so.........................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
It was launched last year as the replacement for the come-grow-with-us by buying stamp sets reward program.

Basically, it's supposed to be that for every $25 you spend, you earn $1 in rewards that you'll later be able to spend on an anniversary set or other stuff from the PTI store.

But, of course, I can't get you the deets because the forum's down, and the website is glitchy, and they don't seem to have any info AT ALL about it on the website anyhow, so.........................
Oh. I was going to ask, how many dollars do I have to accumulate before I can spend the accumulated amount. But I will wait 'til the forum's up. I've only ever gone to the forum once or twice, a long, long time ago. It was weird and strange. Too different from SCS for me to try to get familiar with it. I guess I was just lazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #52  
Stampin' Fool

Getting the security warning thing as well. Urgh...yes it gives you options but it pops up everytime I click to a new page. I am not changing browsers. Interet Explorer is one of the largest most used (if not the most) and a website should be able to run compatible to internet explorer. There are alot that do....never had an issue with the old site. MFT is the only other site I have this issue with. It is annoying enough to cute my looking time drastically. Instead of filling my cart...I am here.

On a postive..the site looks great. Yes, alot like the old site but it looks really nice. I am positive they will work all the bugs out!!

Stamp S'More

Gallery

Last edited by EvaC; 02-11-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #53  
Glitter Queen

Yes, the site looks great, but I can't log in. If I hadn't read to go to Customer Service in this forum I never would have looked there. Logins should be front and center. I tried to log in, but I could not get the screen to come up, so I tried to create it again, figuring it is a new website. Well that says that my information is already being used. A little frustrating. If I can't log in, I won't be buying anything either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #54  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecutdiView Post
Yes, the site looks great, but I can't log in. If I hadn't read to go to Customer Service in this forum I never would have looked there. Logins should be front and center. I tried to log in, but I could not get the screen to come up, so I tried to create it again, figuring it is a new website. Well that says that my information is already being used. A little frustrating. If I can't log in, I won't be buying anything either.
I am having the same problem. I tried on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Are others able to login? What browser are they using?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

One thing about the logging in. After you enter your password you can't hit "Enter" on your keyboard. You have to click the LOG IN box. Just wanted to pass that on because the first time I tried it I hit "Enter" and I could not log in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up Security issue appears resolved

I just loaded an item in my cart and went to check out in both Chrome and Internet Explorer and the security issue seems to be resolved. I did not go all the way through the check out process, just those steps to check on this issue. I'm very glad this appears to be fixed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally got my login business straightened out.

At first, it just said I was locked out. I tried again and got this"

"If you have previously placed an order with us, please enter your email address below. A new password will be created and emailed to you.

Hi - we found some orders under that email address, but it looks like you've never created an account. Please close this window and click the link to set up a your account for the first time."

Maybe this 'never created an account' means never on this new site? All a little messy, but it did create an account and all of my previous orders are listed along with rewards.

I just wanted to mention it here because I could understand hesitation at "creating an account" -- it occurred to me that it could just zero me out.

Too bad the order history doesn't go back to the beginning - it would be fun to look back on that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #58  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Maybe this 'never created an account' means never on this new site? All a little messy, but it did create an account and all of my previous orders are listed along with rewards.

I just wanted to mention it here because I could understand hesitation at "creating an account" -- it occurred to me that it could just zero me out.

Too bad the order history doesn't go back to the beginning - it would be fun to look back on that.
I wonder if they mean "you never logged in to check your rewards info before now." If that's the case, they should have said CREATE AN ACCOUNT BEFORE THE NEW SITE GOES LIVE, PLEASE.

Or something. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
I wonder if they mean "you never logged in to check your rewards info before now." If that's the case, they should have said CREATE AN ACCOUNT BEFORE THE NEW SITE GOES LIVE, PLEASE.

Or something. ;)
Nope. Not in my case anyway. I had checked on my rewards long ago.

I think it's just a little jumbled up, and the wording of these messages is just not helpful.

I do think you're right though - even if you've ordered, and therefore, it naturally follows, you actually do have an 'account,' didn't they require us to do something else awhile back to check rewards?? I have a vague memory of that. It seems kind of silly though... rewards are based on your orders, so if you have placed orders you should be able to get that information through normal account information, order history, etc. Why have a totally separate setup for the rewards?

As long as I can use them at some point, I'll be happy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #60  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I like the look of the site, but I am very disappointed in many things. For one, there really should be no technical issues - if this was properly tested in development - so I don't understand why the forum isn't working, as well as some other glitches (like sets being listed multiple times in the "by name" listing and the About Us page being nothing - really, I know that isn't "necessary" but who spends 2 years on a website to not have some basic pages completed???).

I *really* miss the stamp listing all on 1 page (I used the "by name" page ALL the time and loved that it was one page long - I didn't care if there were no thumbnails). This will be a definite negative to my experience (I know it doesn't sound like much, but that page worked for my brain).

The "by category" view should list the categories which you then click to get the list...the current way seems cumbersome!

Also, I miss that the coordinating dies are no longer on the stamp page :( :(

I wish there was a "wish list".

Deleting from the cart is cumbersome.

I do love the "shop by color" feature!

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #61  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

The new storefront took me by surprise when I logged on today. I notice several people miss the forum, but I miss the gallery! Do you think the Pinterest boards will replace it?

I too miss the links to the coordinating sets and dies. And if I were a newcomer, I'd really be missing out. Hopefully that will be added also.

One aspect I was really surprised by: when you click on "Shop by Color", the ink and ribbon are listed, but not the paper.

And when I clicked on "All Products", even I was overwhelmed, and I've been a long-time customer.

Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out soon, and I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #62  
Inking Addict

When the PTI forum was still working, before the change to the website, I'd asked if the Pintrest boards would replace the gallery, and I was told by Jenn, the PTI communications representative, that there would still be a gallery.

In the "search by color" sections, I overlooked the paper in some colors because the paper is on the second page (and I didn't think to look for a second page!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

someone said somewhere that the forum will be back up on 2/13 at 8 am. I assume east coast time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm not very happy with the new web site. It is difficult to find specific items. The cart is the worst. It doesn't save your shopping cart, so after a certain amount of time, the whole thing gets dumped and the hours you spent putting things in one by one is a great big waste of time.

Shopping with PTI is not that much fun anymore, not like it used to be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
someone said somewhere that the forum will be back up on 2/13 at 8 am. I assume east coast time.
Joan, that is another day away. What am I going to do today during my free moments?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
I'm not very happy with the new web site. It is difficult to find specific items. The cart is the worst. It doesn't save your shopping cart, so after a certain amount of time, the whole thing gets dumped and the hours you spent putting things in one by one is a great big waste of time.

Shopping with PTI is not that much fun anymore, not like it used to be.
I'm not surprised at the negative, yet very valid feedback in this thread. After a two year wait, and PTI hints & promises of "we need a new store to do XYZ," I'm disappointed that we got a storefront that is more window dressing than substance. Frankly, it isn't an improvement below the surface. It shouldn't take multiple steps to delete an item from your cart. The accompanying dies & coordinating stamps should be linked up with a main stamp set like before. Labels should be easy to find especially if customers plan to switch over their storage methods. Customer login should be a tab at the top not buried on the Customer Service page.

And now, if it doesn't save your cart (and there's no Wishlist feature) I'm definitely going to be saving a lot of money. I don't have time IRL to be tracking wishes for a hobby on paper or creating a computer file. I relied on my shopping cart as my Wishlist. Guess those days are over.

I know that there were developmental problems along the way, but if I had been presented with this as a finished product from a web designer I hired, I wouldn't be too happy. The overall user-friendliness of this site is several steps back. What a shame.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't really understand and I know some of you can explain it to me.

What was the added functionality that was intended with the new site? Obviously there was some technical reason - the site didn't fulfill some need for customers, I assume.

Personally, I never saw any trouble with the old site. I never had a hard time finding anything and the cart wasn't bad to use, especially when 'keep shopping' was fixed.

The only thing that often didn't work or didn't work easily was the gallery, and that's not even there so it couldn't have been the priority with the redesign.

I've been shopping with PTI since the beginning and I just don't get what needed to be changed.

TIA for the enlightenment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kthamanView Post

I *really* miss the stamp listing all on 1 page (I used the "by name" page ALL the time and loved that it was one page long - I didn't care if there were no thumbnails). This will be a definite negative to my experience (I know it doesn't sound like much, but that page worked for my brain).

The "by category" view should list the categories which you then click to get the list...the current way seems cumbersome!

Also, I miss that the coordinating dies are no longer on the stamp page :( :(

I wish there was a "wish list".

Deleting from the cart is cumbersome.
I agree, Karen.

I can see that the page listing of stamp names would be more beneficial to those of us who have been long-time PTI customers and can easily associate a stamp name with images. I also miss the link to the tip sheet. I know that is will be included with the new packaging, but I like to print the tip sheets and keep them in a binder. In addition, the tip sheets need to availalble for the sets that are in the older packaging.

I hope there are behind-the-scene aspects of the new store that allow PTI to have better control over inventory since inventory shortage has been a huge complaint among PTI customers. I was surprised yesterday when the just-restocked Layerz Matt Stack 4 was listed as low inventory and disappointed today when I was refilling my cart after it was emptied overnight to discover the die is unavailable. I have been waiting for months to purchase this die. Hopefully, these issues will become fewer.

I certainly hope the errors in the store such as mismatched photos and product names will be corrected before the 15th.

I am also surprised at the timing of the launch of the site. I feel that some of the problems with products in the store and of course missing-even-for-a-few-days forum will diminish the enthusiasm of the anniversary celebration which seems to be such a source of pride for PTI.

My Blog http://sweetvioletspaperie.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamDView Post

I am also surprised at the timing of the launch of the site. I feel that some of the problems with products in the store and of course missing-even-for-a-few-days forum will diminish the enthusiasm of the anniversary celebration which seems to be such a source of pride for PTI.
This is the one thing that doesn't surprise me, LOL!!! What was it a few years back? Just a redesign or really changing the 'bones' of the site? That took place even closer to the release date. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #70  
Cardstock Collector

While poking around the new site yesterday I checked for the Woodgrain IP which is NEVER in stock. It was in stock along with the new Limitless Layers ovals. No way was I missing these. When checking out there were options for shipping. No first class but I chose US Priority. Also, since the free shipping went up to $70 I didn't feel the need (ha!) to add in a few more items to get the free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #71  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, I miss the forums even though I didn't post much, that's where I got all the PTI news. Also can't save my cart...so not happy with that. Overall the new site is prettier and searching for some things is easier but there seem to be quite a few glitches. I tried to put several things in my cart and some would come up as unavailable on one try but then would try later and suddenly they were available. Could be they are still loading the website.

Reserving complete judgment until the whole thing is up and running smoothly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I lost most of my reward points today, and many of the ink cubes and refills are now unavailable.--very frustrating--hopefully it will get better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #73  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdieluverView Post
I don't like the way they have stamps listed in their "stamps by category". I always go directly to ANIMALS and/or BIRDS when I look for stamps. It looks like you have to page thru everything to see all the categories. They should have the categories listed in a menu so you don't have to page thru all other categories to get where you want to go.
I find this very cumbersome. I was trying to find a set the other day but couldn't remember the name, and it took me 20 minutes of scrolling through page after page to find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #74  
Kookie Creator

Reward $ were showing up wrong yesterday. I know mine showed $1,120 in rewards yesterday which would have been nice but was not correct. Now it is back to showing $78 in rewards which matches what was showing in the old system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

My rewards went down too but now appear to be lower than what I remember from the old system. Oh well. My 'system' is getting old, so maybe I remember wrong ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to ask my question again from earlier just because I honestly don't know:

Why did they feel the need for the changes? What was the new site supposed to accomplish?

I thought the old one was user friendly but maybe there were features lacking that I'm not aware of.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I'm going to ask my question again from earlier just because I honestly don't know:

Why did they feel the need for the changes? What was the new site supposed to accomplish?

I thought the old one was user friendly but maybe there were features lacking that I'm not aware of.

thanks!
I can't speak for PTI but I do know that one thing they always said was they couldn't change their shipping options because of the limits of the yahoo store front- so that was one issue.

Another was the tracking of packages. It was/is very difficult to track your shipments.

Many times on the forum when a suggestion was brought up (like the ability to wish list, etc.) it was stated that the yahoo store front limited their abilities to make changes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerbyLeaView Post
I can't speak for PTI but I do know that one thing they always said was they couldn't change their shipping options because of the limits of the yahoo store front- so that was one issue.

Another was the tracking of packages. It was/is very difficult to track your shipments.

Many times on the forum when a suggestion was brought up (like the ability to wish list, etc.) it was stated that the yahoo store front limited their abilities to make changes.
Hi Michele!!!

Thanks for filling me in on all of that. It kind of explains why I didn't know - I only ordered when I had free shipping ;) and my cart was always my wishlist!

Tracking packages.... well, I guess shipping usually takes a week to 10 days, and since I've never had a package fail to get here, I guess I never really felt I needed to track it.

It certainly makes sense to try to improve on those things, so I get it now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #79  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Just incase you haven't seen this message, it's what I received today when I tried to get on the PTI Forum. I got a message that said "The Papertrey Ink Forum and Gallery are down for maintenance this weekend. Please check back on 2/13/12 at 8:00 AM. Thank you for your patience as we upgrade our site."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #80  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaylieoView Post
While poking around the new site yesterday I checked for the Woodgrain IP which is NEVER in stock. It was in stock along with the new Limitless Layers ovals. No way was I missing these. When checking out there were options for shipping. No first class but I chose US Priority. Also, since the free shipping went up to $70 I didn't feel the need (ha!) to add in a few more items to get the free shipping.

Please let us know what comes of your order. There were several things listed for sale in the last few days (coconut wood buttons, anyone?) that have been discontinued for literally a year or more, so I hope you were able to purchase actual inventory.
Reply With Quote Likes