Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Papertrey Ink New Website

The PTI Forum is down, but the new website is up. So I thought I'd start a thread to share what we think of the new website.

My favorite new feature is the Shop By Color section. I was surprised there isn't a header for dies though! I'm finding it difficult to find things, but I'm not sure if it's just because I'm not used to it yet. What do you think?

Last edited by Monica K; 02-11-2012 at 04:48 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

To be honest, I don't' think it looks that different in functionality.

I'm wondering if there will be a forum anymore as there isn't even a link to it anymore on the website?

I tried adding things to the cart and there are a bunch of issues, so I'm going to reserve judgement until they work out all of the bugs.

I really hope there is a wishlist feature when it all gets sorted out. That was my hope from the last website so I'm still crossing my fingers.

I do hope the boards come back I was just starting to post on there (had just noticed they had forums) and really liked having them as a resource for information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Missing the forum, but the site looks good! I tried putting sdomething in my cart, then realized the button is under the item- lol. Took everything out. When you go to Customer Service, there is a place to set up an account... and I think that is where you would see a Wish List, but things were loading slow so I left.

We'll get used to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the way they have stamps listed in their "stamps by category". I always go directly to ANIMALS and/or BIRDS when I look for stamps. It looks like you have to page thru everything to see all the categories. They should have the categories listed in a menu so you don't have to page thru all other categories to get where you want to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love it BUT I miss seeing ALL of the current new releases on the front page. I'll get used to it though.I like seeing all stamps and dies in alphabetical order. I don't have to click in and out to see a new set. I'm having forum withdrawals already. Hope they get it up and running soon. I don't see a link to the forum on the website.????
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Site now shows free shipping with $70 instead of $60, as announced.

It also has a much more helpful search feature. Try typing in "Mat stack 1" from the main page - shows you die options, label sheet, and stamp set.

Love that the stamps are alphabetical. Tools/dies are still the same as the old, as far as categories, but then once you get into Papertrey Ink Dies, it's alphabetical, which is a big improvement.

I can't find a button for the forum either. There's still a link on Nichole's blog, but it says that the server takes too long to respond. Perhaps they're going to wait to add the button until the bugs are worked out so people don't freak out when it's there then not. I hope!

Need to find out of stock to see if there's a "notify me" or "back in stock in 3 weeks' type info. I did go to the Mat Stack 5 die, which they apparently restocked since the middle of the night when I last checked the old site, and it shows available, but has a "Low stock" warning. So that helps if you're considering delaying an order, but not what low stock means (<5? <100?)

I think the site seems like a big improvement and it should make ordering and browsing much easier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't log into my account...shows error on page. Hmmmm.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone logged in to look at the available reward dollars? My total was overinflated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #9  
Ted
Kookie Creator

I was sort of hoping for a "Stamps by Designer" (so if I wanted to say, for instance, all of Lisa Johnson's designs, I could do that...)

As others have said, we'll get used to it (hopefully).

Maybe there won't be a forum anymore. Really, who could blame them? Quite often it was just a locale for disputes about the quality of their service.

If the absence of a forum is permanent, that will be quite sad, as I made many good friends there and it will be disheartening not to visit them frequently.

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #10  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by smaverick1View Post
Has anyone logged in to look at the available reward dollars? My total was overinflated.
LOL I noticed that, too! I thought "Woohoo! $1,565 to spend! This month is going to be fun!" ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

And can I say I seriously disappoint that there are no additional shipping options. So much for the "We can't do it with a Yahoo store." partyline. Clearly, it can't be done with a custom designed web store either. I was really hoping for more options even if it's like another stamp company that does cheaper first class shipping for dies-only orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabiesView Post
Missing the forum, but the site looks good! I tried putting sdomething in my cart, then realized the button is under the item- lol. Took everything out. When you go to Customer Service, there is a place to set up an account... and I think that is where you would see a Wish List, but things were loading slow so I left.

We'll get used to it!
No, I logged in there and that is only the place to check your orders and rewards. It doesn't seem to "remember" you at the top of the screen like it does on other shopping sites.

Still hopeful though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #13  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

And can I say I seriously disappoint that there are no additional shipping options. So much for the "We can't do it with a Yahoo store." partyline. Clearly, it can't be done with a custom designed web store either. I was really hoping for more options even if it's like another stamp company that does cheaper first class shipping for dies-only orders.
Well, it is only Day One.

Perhaps we should give them time to work out any kinks or changes they'd like to meet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I placed an order this morning but I wasn't able to use the log in feature. I haven't been posting to the forums much but do miss it already as a resource.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #15  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie21211View Post
I placed an order this morning but I wasn't able to use the log in feature. I haven't been posting to the forums much but do miss it already as a resource.
Annie, did you try logging in through the "Customer Service" link on the very top right?

I was able to do this just a few moments ago and see my rewards (which are in error), history, etc.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #16  
LSN
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
Site now shows free shipping with $70 instead of $60, as announced.

It also has a much more helpful search feature. Try typing in "Mat stack 1" from the main page - shows you die options, label sheet, and stamp set.

Love that the stamps are alphabetical. Tools/dies are still the same as the old, as far as categories, but then once you get into Papertrey Ink Dies, it's alphabetical, which is a big improvement.

I can't find a button for the forum either. There's still a link on Nichole's blog, but it says that the server takes too long to respond. Perhaps they're going to wait to add the button until the bugs are worked out so people don't freak out when it's there then not. I hope!

Need to find out of stock to see if there's a "notify me" or "back in stock in 3 weeks' type info. I did go to the Mat Stack 5 die, which they apparently restocked since the middle of the night when I last checked the old site, and it shows available, but has a "Low stock" warning. So that helps if you're considering delaying an order, but not what low stock means (<5? <100?)

I think the site seems like a big improvement and it should make ordering and browsing much easier.
Makalah, I didn't know you were a PTI fan too! Can you imagine the fun we would have in each others craft rooms?

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #17  
LSN
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Mine shows me that I have $645 to spend. If it were only true....

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedView Post
Annie, did you try logging in through the "Customer Service" link on the very top right?

I was able to do this just a few moments ago and see my rewards (which are in error), history, etc.
Yes, it did nothing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Well, it is only Day One.

Perhaps we should give them time to work out any kinks or changes they'd like to meet.
True, however I would think it's less work to add all the shipping options at once than getting programmers to go back in to add one more option.

I am really curious as to if the forum is also getting a facelift or is it getting the axe? They tried a new look awhile back, so I'm crossing my fingers we'll get it back sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

I don't suppose anybody has kathie (she of the ribbon swap)'s address? She PM'd it to me and of course by the time I got home from work the forum was down. I owe her a stamp pad.

I'm gonna be honest-- right now I think the website looks more like an overblown blog than a store front with that flourish in the background.

Also all the old ink colors are there-- lavender moon, ocean tides-- huh? Those aren't in the new formula yet, are they?

Can't believe that it is a two step process to remove stuff from my cart: edit item, remove item. Ridiculous.

I also think some things are miscategorized: shimmer cardstock shouldn't show up when I click perfect match.

It is a very difficult site to just browse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Now, I'm able to log in and the order I placed this morning is showing up in my order history.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

I think that the new website is beautiful. I am sure that we will all get used to the new features in no time. It is not suprising that there are some problems today. Hope that they are all resolved a day or two before release night. As for the forum, I would be very suprised if they shut it down. Despite all the negativity, the forum drums up so much hype for each release. I am certain that the comraderie and "hysteria" before each release adds $hundreds if not $thousands to PTI's orders. If the forum disappears, I think that PTI will become somewhat "out of sight, out of mind." Without the forum, stampers may start paying more attention to other great stamp companies like Waltzingmouse, Paper Smooches, Wplus9 and Lawn Fawn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I was sort of hoping for a "Stamps by Designer" (so if I wanted to say, for instance, all of Lisa Johnson's designs, I could do that...)

As others have said, we'll get used to it (hopefully).

Maybe there won't be a forum anymore. Really, who could blame them? Quite often it was just a locale for disputes about the quality of their service.

If the absence of a forum is permanent, that will be quite sad, as I made many good friends there and it will be disheartening not to visit them frequently.
On Facebook this morning, Papertrey said that the forum was "misbehaving." I'm wondering if they are just having technical issues with it due to all the website changes.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hopefully, the kinks will be worked out soon and the forum will be restored. I'd like to see a "wish list" feature too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Ugh mine says "this account has been locked out" when I try to log in. Emailed customer service but I'm not expecting a fast response considering all the anniversary festivities going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Same thing for me on "locked out" -- I've been to the rewards page in the past, but did have this happen the other day, too.

Thought I'd be able to check it out in the forum but apparently it's not up. No forum... no answers.. unless they really have changed CS.

I haven't fully explored the new site.. actually didn't think about it until I saw the threads here. I didn't see the problem with the old one but I'm sure this one's fine.

Oh, someone mentioned sets by designer -- I am pretty sure at least some of the designers have the info in their sidebar of their blog. Thought I saw that somewhere.

ETA: RE: wish list... as long as you can still keep things in the cart, I'm okay with that, but I guess for backorder items, it'd be nice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That is kind of like a 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' mentality.

There were a lot of good things about the forum. So fix the problems in customer service.

I hope they are making decisions on a higher level than that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #28  
Cardstock Collector

Loooooove the new site! I do wish I did have all the rewards dollars that it says I have, but alas... not! One of the many things that I love about Nicole is her savy business sense--the forum is "misbehaving" as stated on FB. It'll be back. Would it have been nice to see the website a little earlier in this anniversary madness...sure, but there is a reason that it wasn't--beyond my scope. We have a few days before releasse to get "kinks" out. I'm hopeful. Yay Papertrey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

I am concerned that they don't have "additions" sets and "coordinating sets" and "dies" linked to each stamp set. For example, I clicked on the Up, Up and Away set...it doesn't mention ANYTHING about the dies or the extra sentiments set. Shouldn't those be linked? New people aren't going to figure it out...and seasoned customers aren't going to be able to remember! I know it's just the first day...and we are going to have to get used to finding things differently and to things looking different...but it seems to me that that is a huge oversight, as far as the coordinating pieces for sets. Dies are one of the big draws for PTI stamp sets, I think. Maybe they will add them? (And I can't believe how much I miss the forum!)

~Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

It's a big risk to roll out the new website right before a new release, especially their 5 year anniversary release. I hope their developer has fully tested the site and PTI has a successful launch in a few days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #31  
Glitter Queen

So glad I found this thread. I was all over the Papertrey site looking for the forum and thought it was just my ignorance in being unable to locate it. Change is difficult, but I'm sure we'll all quickly learn the ropes of the new site. I do have to say however that this seems like a less then desirable time to be trying out the new website, right before the anniversary release. Well you know the old saying, hope for the best, expect the worse, and take what comes. Hope to see you all back in the "old neighborhood" in short order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieBrownView Post
I am concerned that they don't have "additions" sets and "coordinating sets" and "dies" linked to each stamp set. For example, I clicked on the Up, Up and Away set...it doesn't mention ANYTHING about the dies or the extra sentiments set. Shouldn't those be linked? New people aren't going to figure it out...and seasoned customers aren't going to be able to remember! I know it's just the first day...and we are going to have to get used to finding things differently and to things looking different...but it seems to me that that is a huge oversight, as far as the coordinating pieces for sets. Dies are one of the big draws for PTI stamp sets, I think. Maybe they will add them? (And I can't believe how much I miss the forum!)

~Bonnie
I agree.

I also don't see a place to order labels for the sets, hope this will come back too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascoView Post
I agree.

I also don't see a place to order labels for the sets, hope this will come back too
I found it when doing a search. The label option came up for a $1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
I found it when doing a search. The label option came up for a $1.
yes, you can search from them, but I meant to agree with the PP that the labels and the tip sheets, etc are not listed with the stamp set. It use to have the label, the tip sheet and any coordinating projects and that is gone (well at least not there yet).

So I'm hoping it comes along soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Pay attention if you're ordering ribbon. Each color only has ONE style pictured, so like the blueberry sky satin listing has a picture of the saddle stitch. Royal velvet satin's picture is swiss dot (or it's listed as Satin Dots which isn't even the name in the picture). Don't go trying to order based on the picture.

Also, I cannot figure out any rhyme or reason to the order of the listings of the ribbon....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #36  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Oh, someone mentioned sets by designer -- I am pretty sure at least some of the designers have the info in their sidebar of their blog. Thought I saw that somewhere.
Yes, that was me who mentioned the "Search by designer" option. When they FIRST tried the new website (gosh, maybe a year or so ago), they HAD incorporated that option... I liked it.

And yes, a customer can travel back and forth to each designer's blog to see their stamp sets, but that would mean that a) they know all the designers' names (and their blog addresses) and 2) each designer lists their stamp sets with a coordinating link to that site back on PTI's website.

I would just think that, for the customers' convenience, it would be nice to have the ability to search by designer; however, I also understand that many people don't care who the designer is. I get that.

Just my $0.02.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #37  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
I hope their developer has fully tested the site and PTI has a successful launch in a few days.
I share this hope, Krista.

Seems to me they'd want to risk/test a new website NOT this close to a release, but then again, I'm not a business owner, so I would be unwise to speculate on such matters.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascoView Post
I agree.

The labels due come up when you do a search but if you go all the way to the bottom of the home page and click All Products you can find the index labels that way too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I share this hope, Krista.

Seems to me they'd want to risk/test a new website NOT this close to a release, but then again, I'm not a business owner, so I would be unwise to speculate on such matters.
My guess that they did it right now several days before the release because that is when they are slowest with sales and if the site went completely down there would be a minimal sales impact. There are still about 4 days before the release to fix any bugs.

I think the site looks nice, the one thing I don't like is that the thumbnails of the stamps sets doesn't capture the full picture, it cuts it off.

I am thinking they need to add the forum link and are waiting until the forum issues are fixed to do so. 5 also hope that they add a "My Account" link to the home page.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

My biggest concern is that when I view the cart or go to check out in both Chrome and Internet Explorer, I get security warnings that the page is not secure. Chrome strongly advises not to enter sensitive information on the page. I will not order until security issues are resolved.

In terms of functionality, the website does not seem that different. Most changes seem cosmetic and I was hoping for more improvements. The search function is nice. It is annoying to have to click at the bottom of the page to see more than ten items on it. I agree with the comment above that deleting an item from the cart should be only one step. I am surprised the website was launched with so many product and navigational errors. I'm sure they are being corrected but it seems like everything would have been thoroughly checked and tested before the launch. I'm not upset or trying to be negative, just making general observations.

I miss the forum. I love Papertrey's new Pinterest boards. I hope the cart security issue is resolved soon because I really want to place an order.

Last edited by Glitter Gypsy; 02-11-2012 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Likes