Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2021, 09:59 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paper Crafting Magazines Still in Print Publication

I've been disappointed that many of the paper crafting magazines have either stopped publication, or are now in digital format only. I'm looking to subscribe, but am having difficulty finding magazines other than Stampers' Sampler that are still being sold in print.

Thanks in advance,

Amy (cajor)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 516 Posts

I love Scrapbook and Cards Today. You can subscribe or I find it at Barnes & Noble. Creative Scrapbooker is another good magazine with a mix of cards and layouts.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Dockside (04-15-2022)
Old 03-27-2021, 10:54 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I get RubberStamperMadness in the mail every three months. Love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

Received 51 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Papercraft Magazines I Love

I subscribe to the British magazines Simply Cards & Papercraft and Papercraft Essentials. I love them both. If I had to choose one I would go with Simply Cards.

I haven't tried Die Cutting Essentials or Creative Stamping. Info on those two magazines can be found on the Papercraft Essentials web site.

To get a subscription to either magazine sent to the US you need to go through More Mags.com. I've been subscribing through More Mags for a few years and never had a problem.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:45 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Maple Leaf

I too love Creative Scrapbooker. It was originally Canadian Scrapbooker but became so popular that it changed its name to Creative Scrapbooker and now it has many more subscribers. You can send in submissions that could be published in the magazine. Great how to articles and lots of inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2021, 02:18 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Another cheer for Rubber Stamp Madness! Great articles on stamping techniques, stamping products, stamping styles, stamping projects, stampers and stamp companies. There are also classified ads for tiny companies, stamped art exchanges, card showers, penpals, etc. Although they include every level of skill, theyfocus on stamping as a fun (even serious) craft or art form that has developed over time, rather than merely promoting the latest trends. You will see artwork incorporating images from any and all periods of stamping as a craft, encouraging stampers to make the most of what their stamp collections can do. They’ve been around since the late ‘70s or early ‘80s, and the depth of the art form shows in their excellent publication.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2021, 07:05 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for starting this thread! I just ordered a sample copy to Rubberstamp Madness. I don't have a Barnes and Nobles in town so wasn't able to pick one up there but looking forward to receiving some happy mail :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2021, 11:00 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was in JoAnn's a couple months ago and I saw a card-focus magazine that included a free die set. I noticed it because I thought it was unusual to see dies offered with a magazine. No idea of the name or the price but if you have a JoAnn's near you it might be worth a visit. Buy a single copy before deciding to subscribe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I was in JoAnn's a couple months ago and I saw a card-focus magazine that included a free die set. I noticed it because I thought it was unusual to see dies offered with a magazine. No idea of the name or the price but if you have a JoAnn's near you it might be worth a visit. Buy a single copy before deciding to subscribe.
Several of the British magazines include dies, clear stamps, or other goodies inside the plastic wrap for their magazines. The information inside is fine, but the ads are all from "over there." Joann carries some of those magazines, and Michael's and Barnes & Noble stores usually have them, also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 08:01 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

Yes, the Barnes and Noble stores carry several different UK craft magazines, and every one includes either a set of stamps or dies, or some have both. I have seen stencils as well - and there are sewing magazines: knitting, crocheting, etc. I was amazed at how many magazines at B & N had the 'free' items. Most of the publications do run $14. - $16. each, but you do get the magazine plus the craft item. For a few months before the pandemic, my local Walmart carried two of the UK magazines... I was so thrilled to see them in the magazine rack. But, that only lasted about 4-5 months and they've never had them since. Very disappointing. Michaels and JoAnn's both carried them as well...
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Paper Wishes sells a number of the UK magazine issues.

https://www.paperwishes.com/scripts/...query=magazine

If you click on the specific magazine, there are additional photos of the magazine's contents available. From my experience, a substantial portion of the issue is devoted to ideas and steps for specific cards or other creations using the 'freebie'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2021, 09:15 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I think Stamper's Sampler is no longer bringing out new issues. You can possibly find old issues on eBay, etc. It's so sad that all these beautiful magazines (like Take 10, Stamper's Sampler, Scrapbook Trends, etc.) have quit. We moved in January 2020 and I had to throw out about 50 magazines I'd saved, some as old as 2006! I tried to give them away but no one wanted them and I don't have room for them in my new craft room. It broke my heart!!!! I did manage to save a few, however, and they'll probably go into the grave with me ----unless my husband makes a bonfire with them first!

I don't buy many now unless they've got some really good stamps or dies with them. I've noticed that the old scrapbook magazines do look very dated now, but the card-making ones are still fairly current.
Jannarama (04-27-2023)
Old 04-22-2021, 12:46 PM   #13  

I went to Stampington and Company's site (the publisher of Stamper's Sampler, Take Ten, and Memories) and they do have old issues for sale.
https://stampington.com/publications
I had subscriptions to both Stamper's Sampler and Memories and I miss them SO MUCH. I did not quit subscribing - they discontinued them, otherwise, I'd still be getting them! I have my old issues and love browsing through them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2022, 07:41 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to store magazine with the craft items

Does anyone have a way to store these crafting magazines along with the gifts they come with in a way that is easy to access?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2022, 05:14 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

What I do is look thru/read thru the magazines, then pull out the pages that pertain to the free gifts and put the pages/gifts in page protectors and then put them in a binders by category. I now have eight binders. Someday I'll get around to playing with them.:lolo:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2022, 08:11 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I was hoping to not dismantle them. I always forget about using them. My other stamps dies and embossing folders I put by category in sleeves. I had them in binders but they got too heavy and took up too much workspace when flipping through several for a project , or open waiting for me to put back what I had was using. Hmmm. Binders might be best answer for these though. Thank you Didn’t realize I had so much “stuff” It seems like I spend more time organizing than creating and my room still always seems to be in chaos
Reply With Quote Likes
Jannarama (04-27-2023)
Old 04-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

The British magazines are pretty much totally dedicated to samples and directions for the stamps and other media included in the kit; so I can well understand wanting to keep the whole shebang together. My solution was to keep the kit in a 9 x 12 vinyl sleeve I got from U-line. The sleeve is stored with other large stamps sets in a wide acrylic box. I confess I have done this with only one magazine so far. There are still other magazines I have yet to decide whether to clip key articles or save the entire issue.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2022, 11:04 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I store my stamps dies and embossing folders in bins like that from idesign. That is probably what I will do but probably organize by theme or categories as much as possible. Or at least by the seasons. Good idea. Thank you. What size is the bin you have them in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2022, 11:50 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

The bin is approximately 10" wide and 14 1/4" deep. I don't know the brand but I get most of my acrylic bins at T.J. Maxx or Marshall's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2022, 01:47 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you. They look just like the idesign ones I am using just a different size. Will check Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2022, 11:37 AM   #21  

Just today, I subscribed to Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine. I'd already heard of them because their magazine is available online for free and I've read it that way. But when ad came up in my Facebook feed for them and it was just $25 to subscribe for a year, I subscribed. Holding the magazine in my hands is much more enjoyable, plus I use the magazine for ideas far more when I have a hard copy on my shelf. The price was right, too. It's a high-quality publication and I'm excited to see it show up in my mailbox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2022, 08:47 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Rubber Stamp Madness is my favorite too because it is about stamping and not trends, DT’s or the other “noise” we get in our favorite passion. It is all about art stamping in it’s pure beauty. I also love it profiles smaller companies so it ia great resource to find new stamps.

The Bins- WalMart is selling those bins now, I saw them on an end cap past Tuesday at my store. I think they were under $10. I was at WalMart for plant buying so I was in plant mode and didn’t pay attention to the price, sorry, I know they were not crazy expensive.

Reply With Quote Likes
Ragtop (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 07:39 AM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

There is a piece you can get to put mags into binders if all you want is the mag...abt 6 for 12 pcs

Here is one in AZ....

https://www.amazon.com/Baumgartens-M...ps%2C79&sr=8-1

You could pair it with a full page sleeve for any goodies that come with it esp if it is not letter size exactly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2022, 08:21 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

That might be just the ticket. I have a double scraprack that I really haven’t been using. Putting magazines and the extras should work. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes