Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2021, 07:34 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Options For The Insides Of Cards

In another unrelated thread there seemed to be a little interest in what to do with the inside of our cards. So let's visit that and voice your ideas and thoughts.
Liners or not, single page/layer, multi-layer, or folded sheet of paper; best way to attach; what material to use
Sentiments or not
Decorate/Embellish, What about chunkiness
Get the brain gears rolling (unless you have the new and improved version in which case get that central processing unit in the head crunching those bits and bytes), and let's have a discussion. I am excited to hear your input.
And don't forget "a picture paints a thousand words" so upload those pictures or include a link.
Thanks,
Barbara
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm not sure why this is in the Mixed Media forum. Wouldn't it fit better in the General Stamping forum? (No big deal. I just think it would be more visible in the General forum.)

I don't usually use a liner, but I did use one in a recent card (as I mentioned in the other thread), because the markers I had used bled through a little bit. I used plain copy paper and attached it to the inside front of the card. I think it adds a little bit of a "classy" look to it, so I might use a liner more often. That will also give me freedom to use Copics and watercolors directly on the front of the card, instead of having to create a separate panel. Options are good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 12:17 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 456 Likes on 341 Posts

I always use a white or cream liner if I have a dark coloured or metallic cardbase to make it easier to write the inside message. I use Michaels inexpensive lightweight cs for it. I'll also use a liner when I have a white or cream cardbase if I stamp the inside sentiment crooked so that I can restamp it on the liner and cover the crooked one!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=Scrapjanny;22061292]I'm not sure why this is in the Mixed Media forum. Wouldn't it fit better in the General Stamping forum? (No big deal. I just think it would be more visible in the General forum.)

I wasn't sure where to put it. I thought it was a technique oriented topic and its mixed media nature (paper, stamps, punches, die cuts, embellishments etc.) seemed to be the best option there. .
How do I move it to the General Stamping section now?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

Hopefully one of the moderators here can move this thread for you. You'll get way more replies if it's in the General Stamp forum like Scrapjanny suggested.

I always put a liner panel inside my cards. I'll often add a thin strip of patterned paper on the liner - towards the end of the panel. Sometimes, I stamp a little picture in a corner of the panel also.

Like susanbri, I use inexpensive cardstock for the liner panels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I almost always use a liner in my cards, usually white or cream heavier weight copy paper or lightweight cardstock. I like the look, as well as the flexibility as I'm one who would make a beautiful card front, then mess up the inside... I usually dress up the liner by stamping a coordinating image and/or sentiment, use small strips of pattern paper or cardstock, etc. I generally glue the whole liner to the inside, but also like the look of securing it just at the top or the left side.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 03:47 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

For the cards I send out: I like to add a liner and add a strip of patterned paper (like Lorraine said) if I used some on the front of the card. I don’t always attach the liner to the card base. My closest friends and a few family members have told me that they like to reuse the card, this way they can just take my message out and the card is ready for them to use.

for cards I donate, I only add a liner if the card base is a color other than white. I don’t want them to deal with extra postage, so I keep those cards as simple and light as possible.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 05:25 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,838 Posts

I add to the insides on most cards. I try to carry the theme from the front of the card to the inside using similar colors or similar stamps. Sometimes I post the inside in my gallery. Here is the card recently created for a teapot challenge where I posted the inside: Bold Birthday card for Louise inside by lovinpaper at Splitcoaststampers the flower was carried to the inside. Here is one for Charlie with a horse on the front and other horses inside: Happy Birthday Charlie Horse inside by lovinpaper at Splitcoaststampers

I often use a different piece of paper for the inside. It is usually white and is cardstock that matches the front. If I am on top of it, I will decorate the envelope with the same image I placed inside the card. I use the MISTI and either leave the stamp where it is, or just change the placement of the stamp for the envelope.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 05:28 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

For my white cards, I just stamp a sentiment on the inside. For my darker cards, I attach a white piece of paper inside using my 2 sided glue and put sentiment on that. I've learned to stamp the sentiment BEFORE adding to the card in case I make a mistake and then I don't have to throw away the whole card.

I want to start decorating my insides more often than I do now. Sometimes if I have a dog on the outside of card, I will add a "bone" or "something dog related" to the inside next to the sentiment. I rarely do this though but want to try and start.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 07:35 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 484 Likes on 304 Posts

I always add a liner(lt wt cardstock)in a neutral color...I decorate the corners or bottom with snips of DSP or washi tape. I stamp the message near the top so there is still room to write. Sometimes I also add a liner to the inside front if the card is one that might go for a long time friend and need more room to write.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 08:08 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=fl_beachbum;22061454] I don’t always attach the liner to the card base. My closest friends and a few family members have told me that they like to reuse the card, this way they can just take my message out and the card is ready for them to use.

Oh! You just got by brain light turned on. Of course recycle/reuse! Pass on the kindness! I love it!
I always felt a bit "cheap" reusing those pretty gift bags we all get, but why toss them out if they are still in good shape. So why not pass on a pretty card when you have tired of looking at it or it's time to take it off display. Then someone else can enjoy it for awhile.
My sweet Mom has a whole windowsill of my cards on display and now one has to come down as a new one comes along.
I have repositional tape runner and "tack it over and over" glue. I think if the liner was just tacked in with these they would come out easily, but at least be secure for the first recipient. I wonder how we can let the recipients know that they can reuse the card and how to replace the liner? We need a small stamp for the back of our cards to address this maybe. If we make cards for people to send to a third party we can't tell them in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 08:35 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
I add to the insides on most cards. I try to carry the theme from the front of the card to the inside using similar colors or similar stamps. Sometimes I post the inside in my gallery. Here is the card recently created for a teapot challenge where I posted the inside: Bold Birthday card for Louise inside by lovinpaper at Splitcoaststampers the flower was carried to the inside. Here is one for Charlie with a horse on the front and other horses inside: Happy Birthday Charlie Horse inside by lovinpaper at Splitcoaststampers

I often use a different piece of paper for the inside. It is usually white and is cardstock that matches the front. If I am on top of it, I will decorate the envelope with the same image I placed inside the card. I use the MISTI and either leave the stamp where it is, or just change the placement of the stamp for the envelope.
I love those cards. Wow! You know someone "that old". That is amazing. I love to hear about people who make it to a very ripe old age. What a life they must have had, and all the changes they have seen. Absolutely wonderful.
I also love that red floral fun fold with tags card in your gallery. That is a stunner! I want to make one like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,838 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8ive MindView Post
I love those cards. Wow! You know someone "that old". That is amazing. I love to hear about people who make it to a very ripe old age. What a life they must have had, and all the changes they have seen. Absolutely wonderful.
I also love that red floral fun fold with tags card in your gallery. That is a stunner! I want to make one like that.

Here is the video I used in creating that red fold:� �&list=PLxCtNfpskJFfyP4C3eSuWYfQdGkOgt0bz&index=16&t=1862s

I do not personally know this person who turned 108.� It is a Tuesday Teapotter challenge:� � MMTPT658 - March 2, 2021 - Birthday BINGO by Jennifrann at Splitcoaststampers

Enjoy!
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 09:35 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you for embedding that video. It will be a great help when I go to make the card. I like the other tag card she made too. Oh so many card ideas, so little time to get them all made before another new idea comes along.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 10:00 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I had to use the link from the other thread to find this. Mixed media is not this...maybe they will move it. I think it is a great topic and will get a lot of play if people see it. You can PM Lydia (understandblue) and ask her to move it

I agree about thin (65lb) CS on cards that are not white/ivory.

Sometimes I will use a small stamp in the lower corner that carries the same theme. Or add a piece of the DP I used on the front....or you could do a cover sized die cut that has a pretty edge to it for the liner.

If for some reason I am using thin DP/paper as the base-then I definitely put in a strong liner to bolster it. Maybe both sides if my front layers are not strong enough. But that would be rare. I would rather just cut a layer of the DP and put it on a good card base.

There are stamps and pre-printed sticky notes that tells a person to re-use a card. I would not use tack it glue or tape. It will not come up cleanly. You can just insert a liner sized pc of CS with your message-not attached- and at the bottom write that they can re-use the card.

The thing about re-using cards. Most people do not have A2 envelopes around the house. Just saying. So if you are planning on doing that with a family member say-I would give them a bunch in advance.

My cousin just cuts the front off HM cards and sticks them on a new base to reuse. I actually went after a House mouse stamp she did that with that I really liked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Great ideas Margot. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

I seem to be among the miniority in that I almost never use a card liner. I used to add a sheet of white if I used colored card stock, but now I make all of my cards white or off white..and just add colored card stock panels on the front. I found that my cards were too bulky with all the layers, and once I added embellishments they needed extra postage and/or tore through the envelope.

Decorating the inside of the card is also something I almost never do. It's enough sometimes just to finish the front, and I'm lucky if a stamp a sentiment inside. That being said, I do sometimes decorate the envelope with a coordinating stamp from a set, especially for holidays and birthdays.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 10:57 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I keep meaning to check with our post office (I'm in Canada) to find out what areas on an envelope need to be left blank for their electronic markings. They use some invisible ink these days I think because I get lots of letters with no postmark over the stamp but I am sure they mark the stamps as used somehow. And there is sometimes a yellow print bar across the bottom, so they must like those areas left blank. I still like making chunky cards so always just factor in that my cards will cost $2 each to mail. I painstakingly make boxes for all my cards that will be mailed so they are protected. Not the prettiest, but functional. I use whatever heavy non-printed cardboard (except not corrugated) I can find. When I find out the info mentioned above I may improve the appearance of them. Oh dear, more work for one card. I said to a friend "they don't lead one to anticipate the pretty surprise inside, that's for sure". Maybe the plainess increases the surprise factor instead of diminishing it. Hmmm?!
Attached Thumbnails
Options For The Insides Of Cards-06a7ef00-7e76-455a-8934-7de6ece41ffb_1_201_a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 456 Likes on 341 Posts

Quote:

I wonder how we can let the recipients know that they can reuse the card and how to replace the liner? We need a small stamp for the back of our cards to address this maybe. If we make cards for people to send to a third party we can't tell them in person.
Someone I know had a stamp made by a company (it might have been this one - https://www.simplystamps.com/rubber-stamps) that says something like "Please reuse this card. Remove this liner and add your own message." She stamps it right on the liner.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 06:20 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I like to use a strip of the dsp from the front of the card somewhere on the inside. Sometimes i use a punch even a scalloped oval or circle.. my cards are simple, not too many embellishments or ribbons so I can get away with adding a bit of extra paper that matches. Always either stamp a sentiment on cs first or use a sentiment that I cut off cards I find at thrift stores. Can't cut up cards I've gotten though! Not yet anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post
Someone I know had a stamp made by a company (it might have been this one - https://www.simplystamps.com/rubber-stamps) that says something like "Please reuse this card. Remove this liner and add your own message." She stamps it right on the liner.
Yes, that would be ideal.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2021, 03:45 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smhtwinView Post
I always put a liner panel inside my cards. I'll often add a thin strip of patterned paper on the liner - towards the end of the panel. Sometimes, I stamp a little picture in a corner of the panel also.

Like susanbri, I use inexpensive cardstock for the liner panels.
I do the same, and sometimes I'll add a small coordinating die cut image the backside of card front.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2021, 07:40 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
I do the same, and sometimes I'll add a small coordinating die cut image the backside of card front.
That is a piece of card real estate that I never thought to use. Well maybe if I run out of writing space on the right hand side... but YES what a great place for more art.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2021, 07:56 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

It looks like this thread has withered out.

Thank you all for your input. I am going to make a bigger effort to decorate the insides of my cards going forward. I am grateful for the ideas presented here. I will be referring to them again when I decorate my card liners.
Barbara

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 12:56 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

I always use a liner in my cards, although in the last year or so I've realised it can be just one sheet fixed against the back of the card, rather than necessarily a folded sheet. Because I use a lot of recycled materials, I'm often using odd things as card blanks, so a liner is a must. Most of the paper for liners comes from re-used sources: a blank area on a business letter, the remains of a page from a failed or erroneous print. Usually the liner is blank, unless a sentiment on the card front isn't appropriate and so I stamp it inside.

Lynda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 02:38 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

The inside of my cards are completely dependent on the purpose of my cards. Nearly all of them are unlined and unembellished on the inside, because I use most of them to write notes and letters. Sometimes I do line them, if I don’t like the texture of the inside of the card. If I used dark cardstock, I have a terrific excuse for using my light colored and metalic gel pens.

Sometimes I stamp inside, if the stamping enhances the communication, or if the card is for an occassion where you just send a card, not a note (birthday, anniversary, sympathy, congratulations, etc), otherwise I want that real estate for my message.

One of my real disappointments with the adorable flip cards (and stair step cards, and other fancy folded, and cut cards) is that there’s little space for writing. I have figured out how to cut the flip cards (with dies) on a folded piece of cardstock to create a more traditional card section on the back of the flip card. Then I have room for a note as well as any stamping I do on the rest of the card.

Recently I made a card for a friend, and added a little stamping and a few stickers in the “margins” inside and on back and even on the envelope, because they helped tell the story (and support the humor) that the card front begins. They are part of the message I will be writing inside the card.

In brief: it all depends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 06:12 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

I usually do nothing on the inside of the card, except for a greeting, if it did not fit the design on the front of the card. I send out at least 30 cards a month and try to make the front a work of art. I write my note on the inside, so need all the space possible. Between the card front and the personal notes, I really don't have time to decorate the inside, although I think it is a lovely idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 08:18 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I rarely decorate the inside of my cards. That’s where I put my message! The exception being a specialty or interactive card where the inside is seen from the front. I do add a liner using better quality copy paper (32 lb) if the card is dark AND I’m giving it to someone else to send. I just use metallic gel pens. Occasionally I add a strip of leftover patterned paper or a leftover sticker to the inside. Or if a card is very simple, I add a small matching stamped image. But that’s only about 5% of my cards. I don’t decorate the envelope either as I do a fancy calligraphy address and Washi tape at the time of sending. Sometimes if the card isn’t too thick I add a wax seal to the closure. (I’m cheap with postage. I HATE adding extra for added thickness.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 08:21 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca EdnieView Post
I rarely decorate the inside of my cards. That’s where I put my message! The exception being a specialty or interactive card where the inside is seen from the front. I do add a liner using better quality copy paper (32 lb) if the card is dark AND I’m giving it to someone else to send. I just use metallic gel pens. Occasionally I add a strip of leftover patterned paper or a leftover sticker to the inside. Or if a card is very simple, I add a small matching stamped image. But that’s only about 5% of my cards. I don’t decorate the envelope either as I do a fancy calligraphy address and Washi tape at the time of sending. Sometimes if the card isn’t too thick I add a wax seal to the closure. (I’m cheap with postage. I HATE adding extra for added thickness.)
I'm with you 100%. Your methods sound almost identical to mine. I used to calligraphy more on the envelopes, but haven't in awhile. You have inspired me to start doing it again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 08:21 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Hey LindaEJane, A big hats off to you for your great recycling efforts. Every little bit counts. The garbage problem in the world is I believe far worse than any of us really know about. Most of the stuff we dispose of is not recyclable at this time. We ship it to countries that find they cannot make use of most of it and are forced to get rid of it as they see fit (the ocean is often the unfortunate dumping ground). There are even "used vehicles" left garbaged on the moon and mars now. Too bad there wasn't a sign there that said what park signs here read..."keep this natural land pristine, take your garbage away with you".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 08:29 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Wow! Jeanne, you are a prolific card maker...~30 cards a month.
You have me thinking maybe I should drag out my calligraphy supplies too. I was never very good so I gave it up...maybe with Youtube instructions now I could get better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 08:33 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

Rebecca, I really like putting a wax seal on the envelope too. I recently sent a BDay card to a friend and he said he thought he was getting a card from the Queen when he saw that. I had to laugh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 08:53 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8ive MindView Post
Wow! Jeanne, you are a prolific card maker...~30 cards a month.
You have me thinking maybe I should drag out my calligraphy supplies too. I was never very good so I gave it up...maybe with Youtube instructions now I could get better.
I have a large family spread out across the country, and close friends from living in one place for 45 years. Now that we have been here for close to 7 years and made additional wonderful friends, my list has increased. I keep saying I will have to cull my list, but when I try, I usually think of someone that's missing and ADD names. Then there are holidays---and I do them all--- so I'm making cards all the time. I do not make two cards alike, unless I'm making samples for the class I teach. Everyone gets their very own one of a kind card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Had no idea "everybody" was using liner papers inside cards. Somehow I never got in the habit. Instead, I keep falling back on using two coordinating nesting dies with the sentiment, then adding a small stamp (in same theme or colors) on the facing page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
Had no idea "everybody" was using liner papers inside cards. Somehow I never got in the habit. Instead, I keep falling back on using two coordinating nesting dies with the sentiment, then adding a small stamp (in same theme or colors) on the facing page.
Liners are very optional. What you are doing is great. It still adds a little extra wow when the recipient opens the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh! You So why not pass on a pretty card when you have tired of looking at it or it's time to If we make cards for people to send to a third party we can't tell them in person.[/QUOTE]

Nobody had to tell me I could pass on a card I got.C'mon!
I've always repurposed Christmas cards, and when I started receiving Papyrus cards, I felt like a loser if I didn't find a way to repurpose it, usually by taping the front to a new blank card.
For liners I use Amazon's fake parchment , cut it slightly smaller than the card and either stamp a greeting on the liner, or stamp a greeting on cardstock and die cut it in an appropriate shape and attach it to the liner with ATG tape. The liner I attach at the inside spine of the card with a very short strip of ATG tape, which most of the time is removable without damaging the card.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Quote: Nobody had to tell me I could pass on a card I got.C'mon!

I know there are some people who "get their nose out of joint", ie: are offended when their recipient re-gifts something they give them, including a card. So it depends how you feel about that person and their feelings whether you wish to disregard their standards or feeling and go with your own agenda. As a recipient if you are not sure how a maker or purchaser may feel about a card they gave you being passed and not wish to possibly create bad feelings it would be nice to know by some little stamp or symbol on the back of the card that indicates it's okay or encouraged to pass it on. I like clarity rather than speculating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2021, 11:34 AM   #38  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Inside of cards

I usually don't line the inside of cards unless the cs is dark. When I do I use regular printer paper because it adds almost no weight and is cheaper too.. I usually cut it smaller than the inside and a lot of times die cut decorative frames and tape to the top of the page only. Never use a folded insert. I always decorate in a little way too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2021, 11:43 AM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by papernut123View Post
I usually don't line the inside of cards unless the cs is dark. When I do I use regular printer paper because it adds almost no weight and is cheaper too.. I usually cut it smaller than the inside and a lot of times die cut decorative frames and tape to the top of the page only. Never use a folded insert. I always decorate in a little way too.
Thanks papernut, you just legitimized me to save alot of time and money NOT putting in a folded insert. I like the ideas you mention, have a stack of 10 sympathy cards ready for that step right now, am so excited to use punches and little die cuts I don't have to plan a whole page for. This will be new fun! Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2021, 07:20 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Gina K has a tutorial video regarding the inside of cards. I really like it and have used many of her ideas. My favorite is scoring lines so my writing is straight!
Reply With Quote Likes