Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamperView Post
You're such a trend setter Sophie :-)

So what you all are saying is that I need an ATG? Can I keep building my Copic collection first?
Oh no no no no NO!! I am a trend FOLLOWER! I only got an ATG because Walmart stopped selling 3M's double-stick tape in packets of 500 inches!!! I posted on SCS to ask what the next cheapest adhesive was, and SuG sent me a roll of her ATG tape!!! I went ahead and bought the gun and a dozen rolls then. <grin>

NO, stop buying Copics, and get an ATG now! And THEN you can continue to buy Copics.
<grin>
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemantisView Post
I have the same problem as the OP!
For the many of you that recommended the Mono Multi: Have you noticed that it causes wrinkling at all? Many of my printed papers are a lighter weight, and almost any liquid glue I use wrinkles them, no matter how lightly I attempt to apply it. Thanks!
I use Mono Multi all the time. It is my favorite glue! I always make sure I have it on hand. You don't need much at all, a teeny tiny dot will hold a corner down easily and forever once dry. I have not ever noticed wrinkling when using Mono Multi, but I do use it sparingly. As the Brillcream commerical once said: A little dab will do ya! Loved that;)! It is so true with Mono Multi too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

i use double sided tape.
you can make it repostionable for a short while by sweeping a glue stick over the tape.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 02:16 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

The Scotch Advanced Tape Glider (ATG) is the best I've used....don't be intimidated by the size because it's as smooth as butter! I love the adhesive on the Glue Glider Pro gun, but when the roll gets low, you have to press really hard, so I take it out of the gun and use it manually. For a smaller type, I love the Scotch Dot Roller.....the refills are expensive, but I usually use a 40% coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an ATG but use it sparingly. The refills here in Canada are stupidly expensive. For other adhesives, I seldom ever use glue dots, things fall apart with them (for me). I'm not sure my LSS carries Mono Multi so I've always only ever used Sobo liquid glue. It never leaves wrinkles and I like that its very forgiving when paper is misplaced. It dries fairly quick and never ever comes undone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemantisView Post
I have the same problem as the OP!
For the many of you that recommended the Mono Multi: Have you noticed that it causes wrinkling at all? Many of my printed papers are a lighter weight, and almost any liquid glue I use wrinkles them, no matter how lightly I attempt to apply it. Thanks!
I noticed the wrinkling, too. To resolve it, I squeezed a few drops of the glue onto the lid of an empty plastic butter container, then dabbed a foam-tip make-up applicator onto it. I was able to thinly and evenly spread the glue. Viola, no more wrinkles! And ... I was able to preserve the glue and applicator for future use, by laying the applicator on the lid and snapping the container over it (so it sits on your surface upside, down.) From all that has been written on this thread about the ATG applicator, I think I'm going to buy one. It will be an investment but if you have the right tools, it makes the "job" (or in this case "fun stuff") easier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 AM   #47  
Glitter Queen

I love Scor-Tape! Am making wedding invitations for my son and his fiance now and using Scor-Tape which is working out great. Easy to order directly from the company and they don't charge an arm and leg for shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

For most projects I use a combo of mono multi or red line tape. The best place to buy redline tape in different shapes is here
Confessions of a Ribbon Addict: STICKY STUFF STORE
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

I like the ATG as well. When I'm going to put a lot of embellishments on something, I will frequently use my Xyron machine. I have the old one from ages ago and when you put that on CS and put it down on something, it is stuck! I use the little one for small pieces of things that are hard to get adhesive on with the ATG or mono-adhesive. Not a big fan of the liquids...use them sparingly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #50  
Kookie Creator

The red backed tape - goes by "Terrifically Tacky" by ProvoCraft and "Sticky Strip" by SU.

Sookwang tape - goes by "Scor-tape" by Scor-pal (USA distributor) and "Be Creative" (Canada distributor).

You can find information on both as Craft Critique is doing a comparison.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Mono Multi with the green cap for liquid glue, Scotch double sided permanent tape for most things, dot runner for more stick even in small places, redliner for beedz, embossing, embellies, a glue pen or diamond glaze for tiny places and glue dots for bows etc. Seems like an awful lot once I list it like this, but the right product for the job can make life easier and a whole lot more fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeholdStamperView Post
I like the ATG as well. When I'm going to put a lot of embellishments on something, I will frequently use my Xyron machine. I have the old one from ages ago and when you put that on CS and put it down on something, it is stuck! I use the little one for small pieces of things that are hard to get adhesive on with the ATG or mono-adhesive. Not a big fan of the liquids...use them sparingly.
For full coverage on things this is the way to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

I love my ATG, too! I think the original Scotch gold tape adheres better than the Tape Depot tape; although for economy sake, I usually buy the stuff from the Tape Depot in bulk. And, I'll confirm the earlier advice to not worry about the size of the ATG. Once you've used one for about five minutes, you completely forget how big it is because it makes life so much easier!

FYI ~ if you ever get notice of Overstock's free shipping days, that would be the way to go. I saw a pink ATG beginner kit (gun and two rolls of Scotch tape) on Overstock the other day for something like $25! That's a very good price. Or, use a 40 - 50% off coupon at Mike's.

I never use liquid glue, but all these glowing testimonials for Mono Multi have me thinking I need to get some and give it a shot! I guess I just love the quick convenience of the tape runners...
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #54  
Embossing Fanatic

I just got the pink ATG, and although I love it for my scrapbook pages and the mats on cards, I can't really use it for the tinier things I need glued.
For that, I mostly use my 1.5-inch Xyron (bought for ONE PENNY at Michaels. Yes. ONE PENNY).
Anyway, I am definitely going to try the green-cap Mono Multi after this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 183 Likes on 151 Posts

Ad Tech permanent tape runners are also available at Mike's and you can use your coupons for them.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #56  
Embossing Fanatic

When I bought my ATG from framingsupplies.com (before Michaels, HL, or Joann carried them) I figured that the refills were so inexpensive that I broke even after ten rolls. The cost of the gun + ten refills was the same as the cost of an equal amount of adhesive in the other refills I was using (Kokuyo--it was great, but they went out of business). The pink guns are less expensive than the red ones and when you have a coupon too, you can't afford NOT to buy one! (That line never seems to work with my DH!)
During one class I taught we all had trouble with our adhesives. Since it had never happened before and hasn't since, I wrote it off to the humidity that day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #57  
Embossing Fanatic

I see the size of my ATG as a bonus--I can ALWAYS find it in the huge mess on my work table!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

ATG all the way.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #59  
Stampin' Fool

jeanne3579,

Can you tell me more about using redliner for beedz. I can't quite picture how this would work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile Love my Xyrons!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeholdStamperView Post
I have several Xyrons, including the old large one and several different smaller ones that I share with my husband for his crafting. Never had anything fall off using the Xyron.

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #61  
Cardstock Collector

Love my ATG and my Copics - 12 new colors coming this month! If you're really in a quandry as to priority, how about buying a package of ATG refills and just rolling the adhesive on your cards. I do that in classes quite often when someone is borrowing my pink ATG. Doesn't affect how the adhesive holds - just not as convenient, to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #62  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdesignsView Post
Four reasons an adhesive doesn't work; wrong one for the surfaces and/or job; too much applied; surfaces were not burnished after adjoined; adequate time was not allowed for the adhesive to set and cure.

I wrote a book on glues and adhesives (The Complete Guide to Glues & Adhesives), and when I was doing the research, every single manufacturer told me the same thing...tell crafters not to use too much and to burnish.

Ross White Glue is super cheap, and it's an excellent PVA...as good as the PVA we all know and use...Borden's. Price doesn't always determine how well a glue will stick.

Check with your library to see if they have a copy of my book. It has all sorts of tips and info, plus projects.
Thanks Nancy, I have just ordered the book from my library.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 AM   #63  
Cardstock Collector

I love my Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro. I have arthritis and the ATG Pink is too heavy for me. And the Glue Glider Pro has lots of tape options Extreme Tac (works on metal and glass) Perma Tac, High Tac, Repositionable and Fabric Bond. The Fabric Bond is awesome if you don't like to sew. After applying it you iron it. And it is permanent, it can even be thrown in the wash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #64  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by wenchieView Post
I have an ATG but use it sparingly. The refills here in Canada are stupidly expensive. .
I, too, have an ATG gun [ bought it before it was in craft stores] and a few scrap pals and I go together to put an order in for the refills. That makes it a lot more affordable.

I'm looking for Aleene's Tack It Over Glue to make my own glue dots with - can anyone direct me where to find it in Canada. I've found other glues in this brand but not that specific one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #65  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by bettyboo123View Post
Hi Everyone,

I love card making and I have lots of stuff and ideas to do - however I am having trouble with the glue all works fine but the next day the card is falling apart. I have tried glue runners from Michaels, dollarstore, martha stewart, and liquid glue; tacky glue; and glue gun with no success. I am using 80lb paper.

Could anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong? Is there a much better glue runner out there, and are the glue runners good?

Thank you everyone for your help!
I love Pritt brand runner. And, you can order online from Sears and it arrives within 2 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm looking for Aleene's Tack It Over Glue to make my own glue dots with - can anyone direct me where to find it in Canada. I've found other glues in this brand but not that specific one.

I bought it at Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

If you have a Michael's in your area they do carry it. Tried to do a search for locations in Canada but they ask for an address. If you go to that site you will be able to find out where they are. You can also get it on Joann.Com if you don't have a Joann's in Canada. They also carry it.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #68  
Cardstock Collector

Creative Memories Tape runner is my favorite!
Sticky strip from Stampin up is great
And I have never used a glue dot that didnt hold forever!!

And I would recommend never buy adhesive from a dollar store unless it is for your kids ; )

abee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

If people don't want to burnish - I discovered whilst doing my intricately cut Cricut Christmas cards that my Cuttlebug was a great tool to ensure and break the Xyron coverage.

Also if I have a flat layers card that I'm not certain is sticking properly and don't have time to just weight it down, I run it through my cuttlebug with the Spellbinders embossing pad. It won't even pretend it's not permanantly bonded after that! ;)
  • I'm a big fan of my Xyron for intricate designs (which I tend to run through my cuttlebug as above before taking the adhesive strips away).
  • My ATG with scotch gold for layers (I'm deliberating a second ATG and using the non-gold in it so I have an easy option between acid and acid free).

I need to replace my repositionable glue stick though...it was great and lasted forever but I just need to find it again (much easier for me to use paper and this for masking).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

I love my Xyron. I have good luck with the AdTech tape runner. When I tried the ATG gun it was hard for me to use but I may try the pink one since it is smaller. Red liner tape for boxes, baskets, etc. Don't forget Gel Medium (fine arts dept. at Michael's) for heavier embellishments. I had used it to attach a metal heart to canvas and when I wanted to reuse the canvas I had to use a screw driver to pry it off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #71  
Glitter Queen

TOMBO mono permanent adhesive- dots love it! not the solid, it gets gunky. I believe this is what you call a runner, it has refills. I use it on the corners to preserve the amount and fill in the side edges with a narrow strip of Scotch quick-dry adhesive,a white glue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #72  
Insane Embellisher

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I used the clear Fabri-Tac for a very long time, love it, (also good to put up hems in clothes which I hate to do. then I found a clear glue identical but half the price, it's called Beacon's 3 in 1 advanced craft glue. It has little stringers sometimes, but I love it just the same - it is acid free and waterproof. Ginny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #73  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps4funGinView Post
Well I used the clear Fabri-Tac for a very long time, love it, (also good to put up hems in clothes which I hate to do. then I found a clear glue identical but half the price, it's called Beacon's 3 in 1 advanced craft glue. It has little stringers sometimes, but I love it just the same - it is acid free and waterproof. Ginny
I have a very talented paper-crafting friend who also loves the 3 in 1 glue and she is very successful with it--so much so that three different times I bought a bottle and three different times threw it away. I'm not good enough to get it where I want it, it globs out and when I go to set it down, it strings across the rest of my project. It may be good if you know how to use it, but since I'm not good at it, I hate it and will not be buying a 4th bottle. I have at least one other friend who feels the same as me. Just putting that out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #74  
Insane Embellisher

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink 3 in 1 glue

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I have a very talented paper-crafting friend who also loves the 3 in 1 glue and she is very successful with it--so much so that three different times I bought a bottle and three different times threw it away. I'm not good enough to get it where I want it, it globs out and when I go to set it down, it strings across the rest of my project. It may be good if you know how to use it, but since I'm not good at it, I hate it and will not be buying a 4th bottle. I have at least one other friend who feels the same as me. Just putting that out there.
Once it dries, if you get it where you DON't want it, it just peels right off! You also have to be careful not to cut too much off the tip to open it, as a big hole give you way too much -figured that out pretty early. but it is cheaper than dbl sided tape I think. I am now trying the white glue bottle that looks like the old Elmers white glue (not good on paper) but they were out of the 3 in 1, this stuff is called Elmer's glue-All. hope it works, but it was very cheap with a coupon, so if I can't use it with paper and cardstock, I will just give it away or use it for other things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps4funGinView Post
Once it dries, if you get it where you DON't want it, it just peels right off! You also have to be careful not to cut too much off the tip to open it, as a big hole give you way too much -figured that out pretty early. but it is cheaper than dbl sided tape I think. I am now trying the white glue bottle that looks like the old Elmers white glue (not good on paper) but they were out of the 3 in 1, this stuff is called Elmer's glue-All. hope it works, but it was very cheap with a coupon, so if I can't use it with paper and cardstock, I will just give it away or use it for other things.
Thanks for the tip. I just think I'm too incompetent and messy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #76  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

I second, third, fourth, etc. Mono Multi. Just a dab in each corner or an X across the back and it sticks forever! I love the stuff! And for sticking on ribbons I like Glue Dots or Sticky Strip. I really like Sticky Strip because it's thinner than Glue Dots, but I hate the staticy backing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

Default I prefer....

1. ATG gun

2. Zots or Glue Dots

3. Uhu glue stick

HTH!

Beaglelover
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #78  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschele64View Post
I see the size of my ATG as a bonus--I can ALWAYS find it in the huge mess on my work table!
Oh, so true.....

Beaglelover
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbookingmom123View Post
I love my Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro. I have arthritis and the ATG Pink is too heavy for me. And the Glue Glider Pro has lots of tape options Extreme Tac (works on metal and glass) Perma Tac, High Tac, Repositionable and Fabric Bond. The Fabric Bond is awesome if you don't like to sew. After applying it you iron it. And it is permanent, it can even be thrown in the wash.

You haven't had a problem with the refills not working about half way through? I've thrown away half a dozen partially used refills because they just stop rolling.

You have my sympathy with the arthritis problems - I have it also. I can use the ATG though.

One of my fav adhesives that hasn't been mentioned is 3M Quick-Dry Tacky Glue -- I use this stuff ALL the time! It's great for those little pieces that the tape rollers are too large for. And it would hold through a hurricane LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #80  
Inking Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I have had the problem of the ATG tape roll getting stuck in the middle. It sounds like it isn't a total loss, because you can cut off tape from the ruined roll and use it manually. I always use rubber cement on both surfaces and it always sticks, but it is time consuming and messy.
Reply With Quote Likes