Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2016, 06:31 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Non-crafty mojo kicks

Over the holiday weekend my husband and I took a mini road trip and visited some places from my childhood that I'd always wanted to show him, and some family that we haven't seen for quite some time. Driving back home Monday it occurred to me how incredibly INSPIRED I felt!

Nothing about the weekend had anything to do with any type of crafting or creating or art or anything that we usually associate with "mojo". I was reminded of a course I was taking (self-directed and, of course, I got sidetracked mid-way) that recommended an "artist's date" once a week. Go somewhere - just you - and do something to restore your soul. Walk in nature, go to the library - whatever. The only requirements were that you go alone and that you have no particular agenda - no project to finish, no deadline to meet, no expectations, really...

I think I'm going to get back to doing that so my mojo will stay with me more regularly. I think just the "out and about" makes a big difference - there's no Pinterest or YouTube or other things that distract from our "true voice" in our art. It's so tempting to CASE instead of play...

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel that way when I am with my crafty friends. They never cease to inspire or spur me on. When I get blocked I talk to one of them or walk away from the project and do something else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2016, 08:02 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh that place where your soul is renewed I know that place. It is in the trees, hearing the birds, there is a blue sky overhead and generally --this isn't outside usually--there is going to be music. Music speaks to the deepest part of me.

It doesn't necessarily make me feel creative, just renewed! And out of that renewal may come creativity.

As far as playing for the sake of playing is concerned, in relating to cardmaking, I may CASE one card but from that comes a new idea for the second one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great reminder. I am using this planner, Seasonal Book of Days, but it isn't really a planner as much as it is a guide to help make those rejuvenation moments happen. I have realized I really need to schedule things to make them happen.
Reply With Quote Likes