Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Ideas

Ok ladies I need help.
I get together with stamping friends once a month. This month the 15th (to be exact), it is my birthday this month and I want go give my friends stamping presents. Let me say first, we dont stamp anymore when we get together instead we play games LOL card, board etc. Anyway so my idea is to play some kind of games so they can win a prize/gift. We have done little things before where the winner of the card game we play would win, but I wanted to do something different. I am doing one with questions on how well they know me. Im going to put candy in a jar and have them guess the number.
I was wondering if any of you knew any maybe shower type games to play for people to win? Something fun.
Any ideas??
Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

What about the left/right game?

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

St Patrick's Day Bingo. You could use green M&Ms for markers. Don't have any ideas for green prizes, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

How about placing at least 12 items on a tray, having your guests view the tray for a few minutes, remove the tray, and then have your guests list the items from memory. The winner is the one who remembered the most .... or least
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGirlThereView Post
Ok ladies I need help.
I get together with stamping friends once a month. This month the 15th (to be exact), it is my birthday this month and I want go give my friends stamping presents. Let me say first, we dont stamp anymore when we get together instead we play games LOL card, board etc. Anyway so my idea is to play some kind of games so they can win a prize/gift. We have done little things before where the winner of the card game we play would win, but I wanted to do something different. I am doing one with questions on how well they know me. Im going to put candy in a jar and have them guess the number.
I was wondering if any of you knew any maybe shower type games to play for people to win? Something fun.
Any ideas??
Thanks
If it's your birthday this month, why are you doing the work?? LOL ;) I would think they would want to "treat" you to a special day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly440View Post
How about placing at least 12 items on a tray, having your guests view the tray for a few minutes, remove the tray, and then have your guests list the items from memory. The winner is the one who remembered the most .... or least
I actually thought about that one. I was wondering how long a time tho. My friends would probably kill me on that one, most of us cant remember what we had for dinner LOL Thanks for that one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1nView Post
What about the left/right game?

Bonnie
I dont even know what the left/right game is LOL
I will look online Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by La FonzView Post
St Patrick's Day Bingo. You could use green M&Ms for markers. Don't have any ideas for green prizes, though.

Bingo's a good one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
If it's your birthday this month, why are you doing the work?? LOL ;) I would think they would want to "treat" you to a special day!!

Just wanted to do something different
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #10  
Nic
Compulsive Stamper

Wink

The memory game is a good one. You could use stamps and/or stamp sets. If you are all stampers you may have selective memory for those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

I dont even know what the left/right game is LOL
I will look online Thanks
I'm assuming there are several different versions of the left right left game, but when my older daughter was younger she had a sleepover birthday party and I played this game with the kids. I bought a small prize (at the dollar store) and I had all the kids sit in a circle. I read a story to them and while I read the story each time I said the word 'right' a child would pass the gift to the right. Then if I said the word 'left' they would pass it left. It kept going until I was finished reading the story and the person who had the prize at the end of the story was the winner and got to keep the prize.

If you wanted you could make a prize (maybe a set of 4 cards or something) and do the same thing using a stamper story. Now this is just off the top of my head so don't laugh....LOL but maybe something like this would work-

One day Sally stamper LEFT her house work go and decided it was the RIGHT time to make a card. She sat RIGHT down at her stamping table and her new ink pad wasn't RIGHT where she LEFT it. RIGHT away she thought she'd better go RIGHT to the craft store for the RIGHT ink pad. She LEFT her project RIGHT where it was and LEFT for the craft store RIGHT near her house. She drove RIGHT to the store and realized that she LEFT her coupon at home RIGHT near the project that she LEFT unfinished. RIGHT away she LEFT the store and headed RIGHT home. She walked RIGHT in the door and found it RIGHT away RIGHT where she LEFT it RIGHT near the LEFT side of her card. Then she LEFT with her coupon and headed RIGHT back to the craft store RIGHT near her house. Once she got there she found the RIGHT color ink pad RIGHT there on the shelf. She headed RIGHT for the register, paid and LEFT the store. RIGHT away Sally headed back home and went RIGHT to her crafting table to finish her card. She started stamping RIGHT where she LEFT off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
I'm assuming there are several different versions of the left right left game, but when my older daughter was younger she had a sleepover birthday party and I played this game with the kids. I bought a small prize (at the dollar store) and I had all the kids sit in a circle. I read a story to them and while I read the story each time I said the word 'right' a child would pass the gift to the right. Then if I said the word 'left' they would pass it left. It kept going until I was finished reading the story and the person who had the prize at the end of the story was the winner and got to keep the prize.

If you wanted you could make a prize (maybe a set of 4 cards or something) and do the same thing using a stamper story. Now this is just off the top of my head so don't laugh....LOL but maybe something like this would work-

One day Sally stamper LEFT her house work go and decided it was the RIGHT time to make a card. She sat RIGHT down at her stamping table and her new ink pad wasn't RIGHT where she LEFT it. RIGHT away she thought she'd better go RIGHT to the craft store for the RIGHT ink pad. She LEFT her project RIGHT where it was and LEFT for the craft store RIGHT near her house. She drove RIGHT to the store and realized that she LEFT her coupon at home RIGHT near the project that she LEFT unfinished. RIGHT away she LEFT the store and headed RIGHT home. She walked RIGHT in the door and found it RIGHT away RIGHT where she LEFT it RIGHT near the LEFT side of her card. Then she LEFT with her coupon and headed RIGHT back to the craft store RIGHT near her house. Once she got there she found the RIGHT color ink pad RIGHT there on the shelf. She headed RIGHT for the register, paid and LEFT the store. RIGHT away Sally headed back home and went RIGHT to her crafting table to finish her card. She started stamping RIGHT where she LEFT off.
Patty - you are so clever - this is cute :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #13  

Quote:

Originally Posted by smhtwinView Post
Patty - you are so clever - this is cute :p
Thanks! Sounds like something I've done before (going to the craft store without my coupon)....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I LOVE IT!!!! LOL and I'm using it!!! Thanks so much, I would NEVER have thought of that. I will tell you how it turned out. Thanks so much, so creative I think this will bring alot of laughs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

My family has done this at Christmas, girls vs guys. The girls gather in a circle and each one has a gift that they pass right or left. One of the guys reads the story, but reads it really fast. The it's the guys turn.

We start laughing and can't hear the story, all the while passing the gifts reallly fast. Then somebody ends up with 2 or somebody drops one...

So much fun.

Not so much if you have something breakable... just sayin'...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #16  

Quote:

I LOVE IT!!!! LOL and I'm using it!!! Thanks so much, I would NEVER have thought of that. I will tell you how it turned out. Thanks so much, so creative I think this will bring alot of laughs!
Oh, I'm glad I was of some help. That game is really fun! The only thing is that if you are having a large group of ladies you will want to make sure that your prize goes all the way around the circle. You can add a few rights or lefts or take some out if you need to.

Come back and let us know how your get together was! And Happy Birthday to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

It's the 15th which means....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Glad you used Patty's fun idea for a game.

Let us know how your day went - :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Oh, I'm glad I was of some help. That game is really fun! The only thing is that if you are having a large group of ladies you will want to make sure that your prize goes all the way around the circle. You can add a few rights or lefts or take some out if you need to.

Come back and let us know how your get together was! And Happy Birthday to you!
Thanks so much. There was only 5 ladies, and they were very surprised about what I was doing and they had so much fun!! I must have started the Left/right game 3 times and then they made me say it slower. It was very funny!! They thought I was so clever but I gave you all the credit for coming up with the great story!! LOL

Thank you to EVERYONE else for your help.

I also did the game where I put a bunch of stuff on a tray (like Holly440 mentioned) and they had to remember. They cracked up over that because they talked so much about how bad their memory is, that the time was up. LOL
So they had a great time. Each one of them went home with at least 3 gifts. I had Memory Box dies, small paper pad with coortinating stamps, smooches, nestabilitie die, Penny Black stamps, all kinds of goodies!

I also started making ATC cards so I made a bunch for them and they loved them, which I was hoping because I made up little packets for them to make their first ones so we can trade next month.
We have been getting together for a few years now once a month and they said that will be one of the most fun and memorable times we've had, and we usually have alot of fun, so that was a great compliment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Thanks so much. There was only 5 ladies, and they were very surprised about what I was doing and they had so much fun!! I must have started the Left/right game 3 times and then they made me say it slower. It was very funny!! They thought I was so clever but I gave you all the credit for coming up with the great story!! LOL

I also did the game where I put a bunch of stuff on a tray (like Holly440 mentioned) and they had to remember. They cracked up over that because they talked so much about how bad their memory is, that the time was up. LOL
So they had a great time. Each one of them went home with at least 3 gifts. I had Memory Box dies, small paper pad with coortinating stamps, smooches, nestabilitie die, Penny Black stamps, all kinds of goodies!

I also started making ATC cards so I made a bunch for them and they loved them, which I was hoping because I made up little packets for them to make their first ones so we can trade next month.
We have been getting together for a few years now once a month and they said that will be one of the most fun and memorable times we've had, and we usually have alot of fun, so that was a great compliment

*Sigh* Sure wish I lived in Oregon and was able to come to your gatherings. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

This is a true story, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #21  

Quote:

Sounds like everyone had a great time! I'm glad I was able to help. The memory game with the tray was a great idea too. So happy to hear you had a great birthday with your friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #22  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavioliGirlView Post
*Sigh* Sure wish I lived in Oregon and was able to come to your gatherings. :(
Me too :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

So glad to hear your special day was full of fun and laughter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks everyone
I still have my REAL birthday to come. Not till the 27th :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes