Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 636 Likes on 362 Posts
Default Martha Stewart punches

I started a thread a while back about the trouble I was having with the Martha Stewart lace doily punch. There were many replies indicating others were really upset with many kinds of punches. I must now come back and tell you that the new MS punches I have bought that fold up on each side are awesome. So far, I have had no trouble and can hold the punch in one hand and punch my cardstock with no problem. I am really enjoying them. Have any of you tried them?
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS Loopy Punches

I love them...went to a Walmart in San Antonio, TX and found a set with the
corner loop and the side loop punch for $20...thought it was a good deal.

Should have bought the spider web set as well but I didn't. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree - so much better than the ones I purchased last year! I am very happy with mine.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I disagree. I am finding that the new MS punches are totally inconsistent. My mother and I both purchased some of the same new punches from different states. Ones that don't work well for her, are fine for me, and vice versa. I've decided not to spend any more money on that crap shoot. My snowflake boder is horrible, while the corner is fine. I can see on that border punch, one of the snowflakes barely passes through thus not making a clean punch. My "Thanks" punch can only be used on VERY thin cardstock or it will break. I am so disappointed because they are really cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #5  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccboobooView Post
I disagree. I am finding that the new MS punches are totally inconsistent. My mother and I both purchased some of the same new punches from different states. Ones that don't work well for her, are fine for me, and vice versa. I've decided not to spend any more money on that crap shoot. My snowflake boder is horrible, while the corner is fine. I can see on that border punch, one of the snowflakes barely passes through thus not making a clean punch. My "Thanks" punch can only be used on VERY thin cardstock or it will break. I am so disappointed because they are really cute.
Sorry to hear that because I love them not only because mine have punched so well but that with the fold up sides, they don't take up so much room.
I understand your frustration, though.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Are you sure the ones you are having trouble with are the new style and not the ones from last year? I noticed in the stores around here they have a mix of both, and as long as I make sure they are the new from this year they work fine.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenziView Post
Sorry to hear that because I love them not only because mine have punched so well but that with the fold up sides, they don't take up so much room.
I understand your frustration, though.
I think the fold up design is genius!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavillaView Post
I love them...went to a Walmart in San Antonio, TX and found a set with the
corner loop and the side loop punch for $20...thought it was a good deal.

Should have bought the spider web set as well but I didn't. :(
Yes, that is a good buy. I bought mine at Michael's with a 40% off coupon so it was a good deal. With my 'punch around the page', I forgot to get the corner punch to go with it. Duh! Maybe I'll be in Michael's this weekend and can get it. My other two fold ups were just the border punch and so far I'm loving them.

Last edited by Benzi; 09-30-2009 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: Corrected a word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #9  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
I think the fold up design is genius!
I agree! I guess maybe they have listened to us complain and finally came up with a better punch. Hallelujah! Maybe some of the other companies will do the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
Are you sure the ones you are having trouble with are the new style and not the ones from last year? I noticed in the stores around here they have a mix of both, and as long as I make sure they are the new from this year they work fine.
I am definitely speaking of the new design with fold up sides. The specific names of the punches are Snow Flurry Edge (M2EP-84125) and Thanks (M2EP-84107).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

This is good to know, but what fold up design? Will you share a link please? I'm so curious. I love my MS punches, but they're not cutting very cleanly anymore. Thank you for the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoggkView Post
This is good to know, but what fold up design? Will you share a link please? I'm so curious. I love my MS punches, but they're not cutting very cleanly anymore. Thank you for the info.
I found this link. It is for the 'punch around the page'. Each side of the punch folds up to the center for storage.

http://thecraftsdept.marthastewart.c...-the-page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am definitely speaking of the new design with fold up sides. The specific names of the punches are Snow Flurry Edge (M2EP-84125) and Thanks (M2EP-84107).
Well that's too bad, I really hoped they had figured out how to improve the issues. But good to know we still have to be a bit careful!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The less detail (smaller cuts) the easier the Martha Stewart punches are to use...The small detail lace ones are really tough to use on heavier cardstocks...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
The less detail (smaller cuts) the easier the Martha Stewart punches are to use...The small detail lace ones are really tough to use on heavier cardstocks...
My old ones were hard to use on cardstock and the paper was always hanging. The newer punches are easy as can be....so far. I am using SU and other cardstocks. I have tried the new fold up Pumpkin Patch, Frosty Village, and Fall Leaves I think it is called. Couldn't have been easier to use. I hope it stays that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

I don't have any experience with the ones discussed here. I am not all that happy with the ones I did buy since they don't seem to work with SU cardstock. I've been purchasing the EK Success ones and am very happy with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaspereView Post
I don't have any experience with the ones discussed here. I am not all that happy with the ones I did buy since they don't seem to work with SU cardstock. I've been purchasing the EK Success ones and am very happy with them.
I think Martha Stewart punches are made by EK Success but I know what you mean. I had a lot of trouble with the ones I bought last year. So far, I'm very pleased with the new ones that fold. I hope they don't go bad and quit punching well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't have MS corner punches but I got the snowflake last year and it's fine. I also got four punches after Christmas at Wal-Mart for $2.00 each...a holly leaf, a dove, a snowman, and a Christmas tree and they are all work fine. I use SU paper. I really want the fence border punch by MS but I'm hesitant after reading all the negative feedback here on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Allistamps...I have an extra one of the fence...I am pretty sure...PM me if you are interested...can make you a great deal if I do have an extra one.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

I've never had much trouble with any of her punches...I personally think they are great! I love the older ones and the new fold up punches. I have found that it punches better with the punch on the table rather then holding it in my hand and paper in the other. I think I'm able to line the paper up to the punch much easier and more precise.

morethanink.com is where I got some of the new border punches that I couldn't find in the stores where I live.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #21  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDanielleView Post
I've never had much trouble with any of her punches...I personally think they are great! I love the older ones and the new fold up punches. I have found that it punches better with the punch on the table rather then holding it in my hand and paper in the other. I think I'm able to line the paper up to the punch much easier and more precise.

morethanink.com is where I got some of the new border punches that I couldn't find in the stores where I live.
I'm with you about putting the punch on the table and always have. Actually, I have had trouble before with the cs hanging inside and not being able to get it out without it tearing. I was just saying the fold ups I have used are so easy they can be held in one hand and the paper in the other. Too easy!
I am just hoping the earlier poster that didn't like the fold ups at all just got a lemon and a lot of them won't be like hers.
Reply With Quote Likes