Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe that's one of Brittney's triggers... I mean when I have like 10 pictures from a single event I obsess about which ones to use and might consider an "icy beverage" for artistic support...

Can you IMAGINE how MANY photos she must have access to? :twisted:

... and the kids are so darn cute too!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #42  
Gabfest Goddess

Whoa! Time to go dumpster diving at the Cruise house! Who's with me??!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
Sign ME up girlfriend!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #44  
Gallery Gazer

Here's what I think - some disgruntled maid left the Cruise home and makes money on the side selling exaggerated stories about their life knowing that no one will question her and she'll make a fast buck on the side. I actually really doubt she spends that much a MONTH - but maybe I'm wrong...

Personally, I say, You GO, GIRL! The article said she gave albums to Nicole, the Beckhams and others, and we all know how much time and effort and love go into making a scrapbook, so I got nothing but love for Ms. Cruise!! And I would *LOVE* to see her craft room - how fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #45  
Kookie Creator

I enjoy the fact that my "normal" and "boring" hobby to some is appreciated by members of the not so noral crowd.

As for the $3000 a month I think I could do it. With her money I wouldn't have to look for the best price and I wouldn't have to consider shipping costs. Plus, I wouldn't save nearly as many scraps as I do because getting more really wouldn't be an issue. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I just can't afford full retail with high shipping and then tossing something big enough to use. So, without these restrictions I think I could do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Well, I think that BlankCanvas was passionate about her opinion and maybe came off a bit negative, but she had some good points! I don't think anyone should be looked down on for reading the gossip pages or having fun speculating, and with so many world problems, we need these fun, trivial things more than ever. So I don't think that we should all quit reading or stamping or chatting and devote all our time to panicking and moaning about world hunger. But I also don't think it should turn into jumping on Katie for being irresponsible or a bad mother or thinking that wealthy people are automatically snobs or anything. BlankCanvas apologized in advance and meant no offense.

I think I would run out of things to buy at $3000 a month! Would love to see the pages that came out of that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 03:57 AM   #47  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get where BlankCanvas is coming from and certainly didn't take offense. I don't read the gossip rags anymore myself, but I sure enjoyed People for years and see nothing wrong with it. My priorities and time have changed; that's all.

As for Katie, if the reports are true and she's an avid scrapper, well, that's totally cool IMHO. What a wonderful "normal" activity balance to her totally nutty "under the microscope" life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:32 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I'll own up. I buy tons of gossip magazines. They are stupid and a waste of my money, but my Mom, who lives with us, reads them and she doesn't have much else to do.

And then I read them!
And then I give them to her caretaker and she reads them.
And then my caretaker's daughter reads them.

So Katie is MOST welcome in my house!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:36 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstfrommiView Post
That's what I would spend it on, someone to clean up after me!!
Sadly I think any Domestic Assistant (maid) would take one look at my office/craft room and promptly turn around and tell me $3000 would not be enough. LOL....

I have got to be the messiest crafter on this planet! I spent last night picking glue and paper jiblets out of my carpet! I think I need to take everything out and put a drop cloth down, then move it all back LOL....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:43 AM   #50  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
Ok, I'll own up. I buy tons of gossip magazines. They are stupid and a waste of my money, but my Mom, who lives with us, reads them and she doesn't have much else to do.

And then I read them!
And then I give them to her caretaker and she reads them.
And then my caretaker's daughter reads them.

So Katie is MOST welcome in my house!
haha! me too! usually whenever I fly somewhere, or am headed to the beach for a day, I buy them. but here's the funny part: my HUBBY likes looking at them when i'm done He has a guilty pleasure too of catching up on all the celeb gossip. hehehe :p

Oh and i TOTALLY agree with looking through the Cruise trash! ha!!! can you imagine all the embellishments she must toss? Woah! I'm betting she owns every die-cutting machine they have out there. and I would LOVE to know if she uses SU! - we should write her a letter from "inquiring stampers". LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:48 AM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Meh, I doubt she really spends that much every month. I can see how saying you spent that much in one month once can be turned into 'ohmygod she spends $3000 EVERY MONTH!!!!'

I think it's great that she scraps! She is human just like the rest of us and *should* enjoy regular hobbies! I like seeing famous people look like actual people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:50 AM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
I get where BlankCanvas is coming from and certainly didn't take offense. I don't read the gossip rags anymore myself, but I sure enjoyed People for years and see nothing wrong with it. My priorities and time have changed; that's all.

As for Katie, if the reports are true and she's an avid scrapper, well, that's totally cool IMHO. What a wonderful "normal" activity balance to her totally nutty "under the microscope" life.
Has it occurred to anyone that she might be among us? I think it is wonderful when stars try to lead normal lives. I dont think it is so unreasonable to think she could personally get glue on her fingers and have paper scraps all over the kitchen like the rest of us. I know there are many wealthy people on this thread. That does not mean you dont enjoy some of the same things in life. I think it is a misconception that all stars are drinking, drugging, party hounds. Many live normal lives outside of the spotlight. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:04 AM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

If I made what she made I would buy a Scrapbooking HOUSE. That would be all I would do there...doesn't have to be a million dollar one. Just something small...like 20,000 square feet! lol - Good to know that she's a scrapper! Makes her more human!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm hosting a workshop at my house on Friday. Kate Hudson and Katie Holmes, you're welcome to stop by!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 07:19 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

:oops: ....uummmm........I had to read the whole article to figure out....WHO is Katie Holmes?? I had NO idea who she was........apparently I have been watching too much Barney, Seaseme street and the like!! aahaahahahaah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Well Katie, if you are here...Hello! Post some pics of your scrapping room, we all would love to see it! I would love to see some finished projects too!

I bet her pages are great, she is just so cute and I bet the way she carries herself comes across in her pages too.

Oh! And I am pretty sure I would be able to find something to buy if I had a $3000 a month budget! I have always dreamed of "one of everything, please" from the SU! catty!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchicView Post
Has it occurred to anyone that she might be among us? I think it is wonderful when stars try to lead normal lives. I dont think it is so unreasonable to think she could personally get glue on her fingers and have paper scraps all over the kitchen like the rest of us. I know there are many wealthy people on this thread. That does not mean you dont enjoy some of the same things in life. I think it is a misconception that all stars are drinking, drugging, party hounds. Many live normal lives outside of the spotlight. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #57  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 354 Likes on 259 Posts

Maybe we can link a Michaels or Joanns coupon here and she can get that $3000/mo bill down to something more reasonable..LOL. I think it's great that she's a scrapbooker and a baker and whatever else....I like finding out that I have something in common with someone be it Katie Holmes or my neighbor or a fellow volunteer or friend of a friend...Hey we all get new ideas from others here on the board..maybe we'd like some of Katie's designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by peeps321View Post
Maybe we can link a Michaels or Joanns coupon here and she can get that $3000/mo bill down to something more reasonable..LOL. I think it's great that she's a scrapbooker and a baker and whatever else....I like finding out that I have something in common with someone be it Katie Holmes or my neighbor or a fellow volunteer or friend of a friend...Hey we all get new ideas from others here on the board..maybe we'd like some of Katie's designs
Do they limit how much you can buy when the coupon is 40% total order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #59  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by I love pinkView Post
I saw that also, and then heard it again on the Chelsie Lately show last night to which she said something along the lines of "scrapbookers have no life" how rude!

She said the same thing to Leah Remini (from the King of Queens) because Leah was saying that now that her show is over, all she does is scrapbook and Chelsea made a comment to that effect - like it was dumb or she had no life.. I think she was just kidding though (we could all go beat her up if she wasn't! LOL..)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #60  
Mad Swapper

I wonder if Katie and Leah have crops together??? Leah is a scientologist also, and I believe they are friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkyFairyView Post
She said the same thing to Leah Remini (from the King of Queens) because Leah was saying that now that her show is over, all she does is scrapbook and Chelsea made a comment to that effect - like it was dumb or she had no life.. I think she was just kidding though (we could all go beat her up if she wasn't! LOL..)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i've had a big year is i've spent $500! I doubt she really spends that much, unless it was her first month ever, and wanted/needed everything out there she could use! i don't see how anyone could possibly use up that much supplies, unless their full time job was scrapping. Even then, I think it would be hard!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i just read the article. she spends "hours" "scrapbooking with her 2 YEAR OLD"?! I don't get much done becuase of my 5 year old!!! but, more power to her, i say. and when i get my $35 million house, you better believe that craft room will be fabulous:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #63  
Kookie Creator

This was so much fun to read. It was a really nice distraction!!! Even the not so light airy comments made me laugh!!!! Keep it up kids it helps with the boredom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #64  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmomView Post
Can you imagine Britney at a crop?
I wouldn't let her near my scissors. No idea what she would do with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #65  
Mad Swapper

We should get Katie to join SCS and share her work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #66  
Crimping Master

Quote: "Does some of that money go to a maid to clean up after her?"

Chuckle, chuckle! I'd spend it on that AND a massage therapist to loosen my shoulders after "slaving" over a desk and table all day! :-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

hehe. Thanks for the chuckle ladies, this is a fun thread to read.

Check out my blog! www.sunfaeriecreations.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, what an interesting thread. I would live at the craft stores, if my hubby would let me!!!!! My hubby likes the fact that I'm home in my scrapbook room where he doesn't have to worry about me being out doing something that I shouldn't. I love being home too! However, I sure could use that $3000 a month to purchase more stamps, paper, embellishments, etc.........LOL
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Who else do you imagine stamping or scrapping? I always thought Sandra Bullock would do this. And I think it would be a riot to stamp with Ellen Degeneres!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
I am SO THERE!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine what she throws away from scraps, I'm sure that I could use SOMETHING. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #71  
Mad Swapper

Ladies.......thanks for the chuckles! I loved the LMAO smiley.....almost made me do it! I really do think I could easily spend that amount, I would love to try to live up to that challenge. I had a great time reading all of the comments- again, thanks for the chuckles!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #72  
Rubber Obsessor

I could easily spend $3000 a month if I had it. I also imagine that with a movie star husband, her own successful career, and a 2-year old it is nice to be able to get what you need, or might need, so that you can spend your time creating and not searching for the items you need or taking a not so private or quick trip to the local store.

Go Katie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #73  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up oh yeah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferHBView Post
If I made what she made I would buy a Scrapbooking HOUSE. That would be all I would do there...doesn't have to be a million dollar one. Just something small...like 20,000 square feet! lol - Good to know that she's a scrapper! Makes her more human!
And I'd invite my friends over to make scrapbooks and they could use all my stuff for FREE! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I can't imagine spending that much a month, but I wouldn't mind trying for a few months! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

I wonder if she eats chocolate when she scraps like I do. I know at all the crops I go to, there is always chocolate on the table - I think it's a rule. LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

Suri is such a cutie-pie! I bet Katie's books are adorable!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

$3000 a month would be so awesome, but then I might need $1500 of it so I can build my scrapbook room retreat. Oh wait if I was Katie...it would already be paid for!!! Woohoo more paper, embellies, stamps and Best Craft Organizers.

Seriously though...I am already a lucky girl - as DH never balks at how much I have spent. (He drinks as much $$$ in alcohol and cola.)

Lana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #78  
Glitter Guru

blankcanvas - you really should read the article before commenting so passionately. It was not a negative article at all. We have so much trouble in the world that it is nice to see something with a feel good twist. I would much rather read about someone in the public eye scrapbooking than what they wear and how much it cost - KWIM?

As far as the $3K per month. I can totally see it. I mean, seriosly, If I were making a book for Will and Jada Smith, I would only use the highest quality items available. Look at all the books the article talks about - and you know she has probably made some for people who are not famous that the article did not tell us about. I bet she has made some for her staff. I think about how much I spend (I am a supply hoarder). I know the more money I have, the more I spend. So I am sure it is the same with her. I would also imagine that she has so many hired people working for her that do the everyday things - like washing clothes, cleaning etc - that she has even more time to scrapbook. I thought the article was AWESOMe - thanks so much, Pantala for sharing it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #79  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Uh oh, I have to admit this...I spent 1,000 this last month on SU stuff from the new and mini catalogs(Not that I do this every month...heaven's no!) But my point is, I also bought some stuff from other stamp companies as well, so I can totally see spending 3K a month, because believe me, I still had to do some serious narrowing down on my orders...
Maybe I do have a problem, an addiction, but let me tell you, stamping/scrapbooking helps me so much on a personal level...(my kids are both in Iraq, I have a mega stressful job, blah blah blah) So maybe this is Katie's angle too...I mean really, I would be stressed if I saw my Husband jumping up and down on Oprah's couch! *Oh Tom, Pleeeze Stooooppppp!!!*
LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 04:30 AM   #80  
Hardware Hotshot

Not so much now, because I have such an established stash.... but in the beginning, when I first found SU and other companies - I could TOTALLY have spent $3000 for several consecutive months.

I say good for her - and agree with the poster that said I'd SO rather hear that her wealth is buying craft supplies that she does with her child rather than cocaine, parties, Red Bull's and limo rides to the swankiest bars in town.

I'm shocked at the "outrage" in some of the posts - it's craft supplies for crying out loud - she isn't hiring hit men!
Sour grapes is not becoming.....
Reply With Quote Likes