Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,380 Likes on 514 Posts
Heart Just want to say thank you.

Thank you for being a welcoming, sharing, creative online stamping community. Thank you for holding so many online events and challenges. Thank you for making this freely available, although I happily renew my Fan Club membership each year.

I thank you because all of you have made SCS a place where I feel comfortable. I have many acquaintances through church, my local YMCA, and my girls' school where I coach MS cross country, "situational friends" if you will. I enjoy my interactions with them in the specific situation I normally see them, but I don't pursue close friendships with people. I prefer to be alone or with my family (my parents, grandmother, and other extended family live near by and we are close-knit). I prefer to be at home, being domestic (I'm a SAHM to three teenage girls), and I find it easy to entertain myself with the many hobbies I enjoy. I have even found ways to use my hobbies to serve others (it's very important to me to have a purpose in all I do). The social interaction I get from normal, everyday life such as grocery shopping, working out at the Y, or talking to my mom is enough for me.

Where SCS plays a huge fulfilling role in my life is being the sweet spot of social interaction for me. I feel connected to the SCS community, it is a joyful place, and participating in the events is what I do for fun. Sometimes life limits (or eliminates in the case of cross country season in the fall!) SCS and crafting time and sometimes life gives me scads of time to create, comment, and post. The beauty of SCS is that everyone can come and go as their life allows and still be welcomed.

So thank you. SCS means so much more to me than I can express, which is saying something since I adore writing! (Speaking of which, creating a blog may be next for me as my girls are pretty independent now and I'm itching to try something new!). Thanks for listening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 291 Likes on 190 Posts

It has been fun getting to knows you a bit here on SCS! I love the fact that over the years, some of my "imaginary friends" (that's what my hubby calls everyone here) have become real life friends. I see that continuing into the future!
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I love talking with people about what it is we do...and the creativity around it. We really do create our own communities around us this way - I'm grateful to be here and to the people who are here with me. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Blessings, all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicole, (cnsteele) ....110%, hands down, absolutely.......AMEN, sister!!

I have been coming here for 12 years and I can't believe its been that long. When the kids were little, this was my go-to place late at night after they were all in bed!! I could play with my stamps, chat with friends and chase the challenge for the next day all right from my computor and not have to leave the house!!

This past year has been particularly trying in my personal life. I could come here and just forget all my worries for a few minutes, leave some happy comments on other peoples art work, and watch a short video on a new technique. There's never mean comments, politics, or arguements!! JUST PURE HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Thank you, SCS. Thank you for always being (as my husband calls you ladies) my "pretend friends".

SO.....CHEERS, Nicole, I raise my ink pad in your honor! And **clink** to another year of happy stamping!! To another 12 years!! To all who share their artwork!!

Shirley
Reply With Quote Likes