Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joann's

Joann�s has lost a customer for good. I guess I�m too good at holding grudges, just ask my husband! :o

I received a Joann�s gift card from a co-worker. I wanted the 12x12 cropper hopper paper storage things that are on sale this week. I have 6 of them and they are perfect for me to organize my 12x12 designer paper. My �local� store (which is not really local for me) was out of them, so I headed back home and tried to buy several online and apply my gift card. I kept getting a �dump� error, so I e-mailed �customer care.� I use the term loosely, because it was anything BUT customer care in the end.

I received an e-mail back and was instructed to call their customer care number to place the order over the phone. I just made the call.

I was told that they have a new system and you can�t use your gift cards online or over the phone. Frustrated�you bet! I�m only sorry I have to drive back to the store and hope they have something I want. It will be the last time I darken their doors!

I did e-mail �customer care� again to express my feelings about this mess. Should they make this right, I will let you all know.

On a brighter note: Merry Christmas to all and have a very happy and peaceful New Year!

Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Can't use a gift card online?!?! I've never heard of such thing!! I'd say that's a case of cutting off your nose in spite of your face (lol...or something like that). I'm sorry for your frustrations tho'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Don't even get me started in that useless comapny. I ordered two Cricut carts after the Thanksgiving weeks nightmare on their website and they conveniently lost my entire order. So I tried to call for 3 days only to find that they deliberately shut their phone system down because they probably didn't want to deal with all the pi$$ed off customers who had such a horrible time trying to order after their mysterious website outage. I even got hung up on when I called their coprorate office. Absoultely pathetic in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I have come to the conclusion that Joanns and Wally World are run by the same folks. No one ever knows where anything is, if it in stock or if they even carry it. Most of the time when you ask about a product they don't even attempt to figure it out. I have even gotten " I don't think we carry that" with no effort to find the product and this is on many more than one occasion! I will only go to either place if I have tried every store possible even online stores. So needless to say I don't go often!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Joanns and Wally World are run by the same folks. No one ever knows where anything is, if it in stock or if they even carry it. Most of the time when you ask about a product they don't even attempt to figure it out. I have even gotten " I don't think we carry that" with no effort to find the product and this is on many more than one occasion! I will only go to either place if I have tried every store possible even online stores. So needless to say I don't go often!
absolutely! I agree!! I called our local Wallie here and I ended up calling corporate who OF COURSE never called me back. Now I KNOW I've shopped at this store for YEARS...no exaggeration. Including spending quite a bit of money. But, it was only lately that I got the RUDEST lady on the phone and the manager I asked to speak to could of cared less. UNBELIEVABLE! You would THINK they would want to KEEP their customers happy and joann's??! I feel the same way the previous poster stated Don't get me started....my BIGGEST pet peeve with them is the fact that they put everything and I mean practically EVERYTHING in the stupid store on sale so of COURSE you aren't able to use that 40-50% off coupon because the item is "ON SALE" WHAT.....EV......ER!!!!

Needless to say....I frequent Michael's or shop online 95% of the time. I only go to joann's if I'm absolutely desperate. So disappointing. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, I know the Black Friday sales was a scam and I reported them to the BBB...it was definitely bait and switch. Even on of the sale people there told me it was a scam. The Facebook page for Joann's had some really severe complaints on it that weekend. I really will think twice before going in that store again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I received a JoAnn's gift card from a friend and was able to use it online to order the Cropper Hopper folders just this morning. My local JoAnn's doesn't carry these items in the store so I had to get them online--and only got them because they were A) on sale and B) I had the gift card and C) I really need to get organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 04:32 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
Oh, I know the Black Friday sales was a scam and I reported them to the BBB...it was definitely bait and switch. Even on of the sale people there told me it was a scam. The Facebook page for Joann's had some really severe complaints on it that weekend. I really will think twice before going in that store again.
WOW.....that's just awful isn't it??! Ya know.......the best thing that can happen here is they get bought out! by a Ben Franklin's or Hobby Lobby. I would LOVE to have a HL here! from what I've heard, it sounds like a great place to shop. The closest one to us is about an hour or more away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #9  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rarely buy on line, I usually go to Mike, joanns or AC Moores and mill around. However when I got an e mail form Joanns saying they extended there black friday sale due to so many customers not getting their orders through, I ended up checking out what they had on sale. I ended up buying so much stuff. No problems with codes or shipping. guess I got lucky. I probably won't buy from them on line again though.
Honestly Jo's is the best of the stores we have here. Sad huh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 03:28 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
Boy is that statement ever true!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is just so strange. Anytime I ever order from JoAnn's, it takes FOREVER to get my shipment. I ordered online because I wanted the Cropper Hopper paper holder for 12x12 paper and some folders (trying to get organized LOL). I didn't expect the shipment before next week--but it came TODAY! I ordered on the 24th and received it on the 29th. Weird that it came so quick and via Fed Ex. I didn't pay for any expedited shipping or anything. Maybe they've heard the complaints and are trying to handle them? I dunno . . . but for once I had a good experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

I've had problems with Joann's. The last one has been serious and the BBB is involved. Guess what J's rating with the BBB is? Yes, they have an F. What a surprise. (NOT).

Corporate is horrible, so it's no wonder so many of the store and online employees are, shall we say, difficult.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I used a gift card this week online too. The only problem I had was that I couldn't use more than 1 gift card so I had to go to the store and buy a gift card with my gift card basically combining them all onto 1 larger card. Then I came home and bought my items. They have taken the $ out of my account and used the gift card so I'm hoping I get my items soon.

Kristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #14  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

Oh my gosh I have ordered from them and had no problems. But I am going to be real careful from now on. I am sorry many of you have been screwed around. By the time I spend my money I expect things to be done right. I am glad I read this post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

The Joanns we had here closed up a year ago. I can understand why. Even in the store they were rude. I just quit going before they closed.

However I do shop at Walmart and each and every person in the store where I go have been helpful and have gone out of their way to check when things are coming in if they're out of stock, etc. Different stores with different workers make for different experiences I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I banned myself from going to Joanns a long time ago. They never restock - you can never use your coupon - they are the rudest people and they are never around when you need someone and they only have 1 cashier on a Saturday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've heard these type of concerns before.

To be totally fair though, about a year back I ordered a trimmer from J's online.

Never got it.

I mean months...

So I am tracking and tracking, then I see, hey that's NOT my zip code. But I sure did type it that way... wrong.

So I call Joannes and explain, that it's been forever and I don't know what to do and it is my fault but can they help me?

They track it, they don't have it back. But the guy is all, "we want our customers to be happy" so he sends me a brand new one no charge.

I'm not sure where the original one is, but they made a note that if it comes back not to try to resend or to credit me as I already have mine.

So that was my one online Joannes experience and it went well really. (they do use a really crazy fedex/post office hybrid shipping, which is a whole 'nother issue)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I do go to the local joannes, but mostly for sewing/quilting stuff.

Every once in a while I might pick up a magazine or pack of brads or what not... not much papercrafting stuff though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't ordered online from Joann's for a long time mainly because I have access to 2 well-stocked Joann' stores that are close by. I've been pleased with their product availability. These stores also have a single line that leads to all of the check out clerks so you don't get stuck behind that problematic checkout scenario.

Hope your future purchases go better for all of you.

rita w
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've resisted ordering from Joann's because of the feedback I've read from other stampers. I have one less than a mile away and I hardly go there. I really hope they resolve this for you. I've never heard of them not accepting the gift cards. I can't fathom any company selling gift cards and not letting you use it online. I find that I get results when I speak to multiple reps to get the answer I need. I hope you get yours. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

i have a joanns nearby and one fairly close and compared to michaels, one close by each of them.........they are GREAT! they let you use three of any different coupons on each order. i've even had extras and the cashier has split my orders to my benefit.
they also have one line going to first available checker.
my biggest complaint......they never get majorly remodeled! same 'ole stuff...same 'ole
displays......soooo boring. also, they both need bigger facilities!
ONLY go to michaels to use 40% coupon on ms punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah, I would look into that. If there were restrictions, I doubt people would buy gift cards. They are, to my understanding, as good as cash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Ack!!! I just placed an order at joanns.com. I HATE their system but wanted some product. I hope hope it goes right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
Gift cards are getting harder to use. Just today I learned that Macy's won't let you use your gift cards on sale items. It is infuriating!
as of Christmas eve day, i used a Macys gift card on 2 sale items.... and i mean SALE. Earrings for less than half price kinda sale.... i find the best way to get the correct answer on gift card policies is to ask a manager, not a salesclerk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:17 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I have to honestly say I never had problems with Joann or Walmart, ordered from both online. BUT, lately at joannes, I have had to stop the cashier because what I was buying was on clearance and was not coming up so. I bought something recenly that was supposed to be 50% off, and I bought 4 of them. Got home, wondered why my bill came to so much (they were really busy) looked at my reciept and saw why, nothing that I bought was discounted 50%. I called the store, and because I paid with a debit card, they were able to correct it over the phone, but it took forever! The girl was speaking to me and ringing up sales at the same time. I felt bad for her, she was swamped. Why they don't have a seperate line for returns and customer service is beyond me, especially at Christmas time! Anywa, that is my story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
Gift cards are getting harder to use. Just today I learned that Macy's won't let you use your gift cards on sale items. It is infuriating!
Definitely re-check the Macy's thing. They normally have about the best overall customer service that I have experienced shopping. I'm normally chauffeur and general dogsbody to my mother and her friend at Macy's, Dillards and any other place that has a good sale (they only consider 70%+ a "good sale" LOL ... they have me booked for New Years morning...I call it getting my "good deed" for the year in early! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Umm... that is really sad. They really need to update their site then. I think I would point that out to them that their site says that I am able to use it online and by phone. Either that or I would demand a refund because "nothing at the store is what I am looking for" and that they are advertising falsely about their gift cards.

Hopefully you were just talking to someone who didnt know what they were doing. Best of luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

My joann's store is closing, along with a couple other around the state. I was never a big fan of joann's, but know I think I'm going to miss it. I always just buy adhesive there, because the next closest craft store is about an hour away, and dont feel like waiting a week ordering through a company, just to have the logo. I guess it proves, you never know what you have until it's gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

I have a Hobby Lobby, Michael's and Joann's all in the same plaza. I frequent Michael's and Hobby Lobby quite often but I hardly ever go to Joann's. They never seem to have a very good selection of crafting supplies and I can never find anyone to help me. If I can't find what I need at Michael's or Hobby Lobby (which is rare) I usually skip Joann's and go few miles down the road to Pat Catans.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #30  
Compulsive Stamper

Question What�s a girl to do?!?!?

Well, I’m over the fact that I couldn’t use my Joann’s gift card online at Joann.com last week – fine be that way. But now I have a new dilemma! I have been researching Big Shot vs Big Kick for months!

Michael’s has the Big Kick, and with a 50% coupon…well that makes it $50. I think I like the Big Shot design better (flat base) but I thought the BS was only at SU! for $99 (hey sale-a-bration, right?).

Not so…guess who has the BS on sale right now “ONLINE ONLY” – you got it…JOANN’S!

DARN! Between the $59.99 online sale price and my $25 gift card…that’s $35 bucks! I hate to try this all over again. ARRGGHHHH! What’s a girl to do????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Happy New Year to All!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #31  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I do shop at Joann store but nevr Joann.com again! Last Christmas I ordered my DH the top-o-the-line Ott light with magnifier. I got a message thanking me for my order. It never showed up! Never! that was his Main Christmas present. Luckily it was never charged to me, they just "lost" my order and never filled it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my local Joann's stores - they are nice. One said I could use as many coupons as I have so long as they have a different UPC # - last week I used 4 coupons in one transaction (3 of them 50% off). I was so excited. I've only ordered online once and had no problems. I was told that JoAnn.com and the local stores are owned by different companies - hum doesn't make since to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

I order most things online (including from J's and Wally World) fairly regularly and have never had a problem with the order or the shipping. I have done my shopping this way for several years. I suppose around the holidays it is easy to have computer issues and have the stores so crowded that it is hard to keep a good attitude, whether a seller or a buyer. All it takes is one person to ruin another person's day. I would think that the company would be willing/wanting to make customers happy though and fix any errors/mistakes and not all of these experiences happened during the holiday season. Just thought I'd share my experiences.
Reply With Quote Likes