Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #81  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

... this is a win/win situation for everyone who made the decision to either stay or leave SU based on their own personal beliefs and situations :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Most eloquent! Perfectly put! I have been a demo for 5 years and decided the new agreement was not for me. Personally, I spent more than I ever made with them. I love PTI and digital images (KLM designs and Mo's Digital pencil). Copics ???? Well there is a slippery slope I have been able to control, grudgingly!

To be honest I don't miss the deadlines, prep times. I am back to enjoying my hobby, when I want to, not when I have to.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #82  
Stazon Splitcoast

.... I am back to enjoying my hobby, when I want to, not when I have to.[/quote]

And isn't that the perfect outcome? ;) This is a fun hobby. It's not supposed to cause us stress. Enjoy all the new toys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #83  
Mad Swapper

Received 262 Likes on 108 Posts

This is a fascinating discussion. As with many others, stamping for me began with SU, and my world expanded here at SCS. I'm curious whether anyone knows how many demonstrators SU had 6 months ago and how many they have now. Some who left were high profile people, others were at the other end of the spectrum. SU is privately held, so they don't have to tell us anything, I'm really just curious if any information has leaked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 04:27 AM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Apologies if all this sounds blunt but I have been told repeatedly in another thread that this doesn't happen on this board so I'm interested in why people feel the need to post such things in a thread where it could probably be classed as irrelevant.
What doesn't happen? That people misread, mistype or read so many posts they forget original topic? Or that other people bent on finding "hidden agendas" can't ignore something to keep this a nice place?

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
What doesn't happen? That people misread, mistype or read so many posts they forget original topic? Or that other people bent on finding "hidden agendas" can't ignore something to keep this a nice place?
I don't have a hidden agenda. I just think its silly that if you don't drink the Kool Aid you are classified as a "hater". I like SU product. I don't like the individual sales method of some to mention the product randomly and I only comment when it affects what I normally do, I definitely don't read every thread to go seeking the issue.

Does this mean you have a hidden agenda as you can't ignore something to keep this a nice place? I truly am curious as to why anyone would suggest such a thing and not take the advice themselves, especially as the situation was clarified not two or three posts down from the one quoted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #86  
Kookie Creator

For Crying out loud.....Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?!?!? Especially, when there are SOOOOOOOO many other things to be passionate about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ, Our Family, Our Friends!!! It's a fresh New Year for Pete's Sake....Just smile and be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Grief!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Bugs&MeView Post
For Crying out loud.....Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?!?!? Especially, when there are SOOOOOOOO many other things to be passionate about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ, Our Family, Our Friends!!! It's a fresh New Year for Pete's Sake....Just smile and be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Grief!!!!
Yes I thought that my comment had already been addressed in the three posts after it. With lots of smiles and laughter.

However, I won't let someone tell half a story for propaganda purposes. I have spent too much time in CE and will not be vilified for someone else's vitriol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #88  
Kookie Creator

I truly wish you ALL the BEST Life has to offer you!!!! Blessings Galore!!!!! Have a fabulous New Year....full of Smiles, Love and Lots of Stamping!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Bugs&MeView Post
I truly wish you ALL the BEST Life has to offer you!!!! Blessings Galore!!!!! Have a fabulous New Year....full of Smiles, Love and Lots of Stamping!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right back at ya! I hope everyone has a successful and healthy and happy 2010 in whatever path they take.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Yes there are a few SCSers that always start things in threads concerning SU usually. They are a select handful that we deal with and at times things can get heated.
This thread however is about us that were demos that chose to leave SU and broaden our stamping purchases to other companies. This is not about what a great or rotten company SU is. Many of us still use and buy some things from SU and some of us do not.
NO one is starting anything or reading into anything.
Truthfully I like RiverIris's posts because she thinks and feels alot like I do.

You know I my pretty Hello Kitty BigShot for christmas. I am now in love with Nesties! This is another great company that will get alot of my money. Again I am glad I made the decision to leave SU or I would not be able to buy these awesome diecuts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

A Hello Kitty Big Shot???

LUST!

I know someone mentioned this but if any of you Ex-Demos want your stamp income supplimented really consider submitting things for publication. It's not so terribly hard. Look in my gallery. I'm pretty middle of the road for stamping, I'm not amazing, I don't stink. And I get a decent number of things published every month. It's WICKED fun to see yourself published. Then I get the magazine free, and a handful of our favorite stamp companies do things like give you some store credit to spend or send you free goodies if you get published with them. (You have to email them and let them know of course.) There are a few of my favorite companies that I honestly don't spend more than twenty or so dollars with a year but have GOBS of their stamps from publication credits.

I'm sure it was a tough decision for everyone. I'm SO glad my demo stayed because I love me some SU. But if anyone was torn based on getting $$ for stamping maybe the publication thing will help?

Either way I wish you all the best!

OH and for suggestions I love Gina K, Papertrey and Cornish Heritage Farms. They are all FANTASTIC companies to order from, all have quick shipping, very high quality stamps. There are many more, but those might be my top three. Until I hit reply then remember 5 more I could not live without of course.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #92  
Matboard Maniac

I'm leaving SU after this month as well. I was a demo for 5 years. It was kind of hard for me at first. I didn't make an announcement on my blog because I just couldn't put into words what I wanted to say without sounding like I was bashing or being negative towards SU.
I did make me sad to see other SU demos unsubscribe from my blog and take me off their blog roles after the announcement even though I had never been exclusive to SU on my blog.

It still makes me sad to visit other demo blogs and see links to sites where people can purchase competing product (a no no with the new IDA). I wonder how they can chose to ignore the rules like that. But I made my decision and have been very happy and at peace with it and they have to live with their decision as well.

It's actually a relief to me to not have to worry about meeting minimums and planning workshops and classes, etc. I feel like I've been able to enjoy my craft even more now and have saved money since I haven't purchased even one tiny thing from SU since they made the announcement.

Since choosing to drop as a demo I have begun to submit for publication and have gotten a few of my cards and a scrapbook page already chosen! That's been a dream of mine for a while and I'm so excited that it's happening. I plan to focus on submitting more and doing more DT work.

I've never been exclusive to SU except for stamps. As a demo I always bought pretty much only SU stamps. Now that I'm no longer a demo I plan to purchase more stamps from Hero Arts, Paper Trey Ink, Cats Life Press and others. I will still buy from Su. There are a lot of things in the new mini catalog that I'm dying to have. I want to place a large order during Sale-A-Bration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #93  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm not a S-U demo, but I am a customer and I really like a lot of their stuff, in fact I like a lot of companies stuff and tend to buy what I like. I happen to LOVE Close To My Heart, so much so that I became a consultant. So just a quick word and I hope I don't upset anyone or start another round of arguing.

Last edited by craftdoc; 01-02-2010 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: Removed promotional language
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 02:37 AM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=Erin K;15804660]A Hello Kitty Big Shot???

LUST!

QUOTE]

Sizzix had a ton of Hello Kitty Bigz dies for $3 in their clearance right after Christmas (enable, enable, enable)

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #95  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I don't have a hidden agenda. I just think its silly that if you don't drink the Kool Aid you are classified as a "hater". I like SU product. I don't like the individual sales method of some to mention the product randomly and I only comment when it affects what I normally do, I definitely don't read every thread to go seeking the issue.

Does this mean you have a hidden agenda as you can't ignore something to keep this a nice place? I truly am curious as to why anyone would suggest such a thing and not take the advice themselves, especially as the situation was clarified not two or three posts down from the one quoted.
Although I did not say you had an hidden agenda, I guess finding one could be yours, so maybe I implied it. And I would like to point out something else, maybe for people who use THE phrase that don't know the origin.

People "drinking the Kool-Aid" or not, this phrase has to do with a mass suicide/murder. It is a shame as a society that we are so tolerant of death and violence that such a euphemism can be applied to stamping. I don't know what CE is that RiverIsis feels her time there empowers herself to be the topic police and then correct me because she corrects posts later with lots of smileys. But I am offended everytime I see that phrase but I try to ignore it because that is MY reaction.

I am sorry my post singled her out. I guess my asking to ignore these type posts is kind of funny since mine couldn't be ignored nor did I ignore. Human, aren't we?

Such a difference in what she asked vs a simple "why did you post this here" (even in a pm) to clear it up. Her veiled accusation was only met with mine. I am sorry to the whole group.

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #96  
Rubber Obsessor

Dewsgirl, Pendant 23 & suzstamps (to name a few) so glad you posted your thoughts here! I have explored your blogs and you are are wonderful stampers. I've favorited your sites and plan to be visiting you often. I did resign SU two weeks ago (didn't want to just wait for them to drop me). I agree with one of you who said that there are definately some SU demos who are not following the IDA, but that is on their concience - mine is clear. Best to all of US and to a happy stamping year ahead! Hugs & blessings to all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

People "drinking the Kool-Aid" or not, this phrase has to do with a mass suicide/murder. It is a shame as a society that we are so tolerant of death and violence that such a euphemism can be applied to stamping. I don't know what CE is that RiverIsis feels her time there empowers herself to be the topic police and then correct me because she corrects posts later with lots of smileys. But I am offended everytime I see that phrase but I try to ignore it because that is MY reaction.
CE is the abbreviation for Current Events, SCS's debate forum (or forum for news):
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

ETA: I'm not a demo; was just reading this thread out of curiosity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #98  
Mad Swapper

One of my new year's resolutions was to be more in touch with other stampers so I popped onto SCS today. I think this thread is amazing. I love it because, for the most part, it's constructive and one person's new path might inspire a reader to follow the same or have the courage to try something new. I have a lot of downline and some did not sign the IDA and I told them that I would never judge nor scold or anything. Heavens -- it's THEIR life and not mine! Who wants to stick with something that is not making them totally happy or that they have fundamental disagreement with?

So, the point is that though I'm not able to participate in this thread as a responder to the original question since I'm a happy demo, I wanted to throw a word of support out to everyone who just made the decision to try something new by leaving SU. Best of luck to you with all my heart!! There's room in this world for many, many companies and I hope your next stop on the path makes you happy . Life is simply too short.

Happy new year everyone!!!

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #99  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star StamperView Post
So, the point is that though I'm not able to participate in this thread as a responder to the original question since I'm a happy demo, I wanted to throw a word of support out to everyone who just made the decision to try something new by leaving SU. Best of luck to you with all my heart!! There's room in this world for many, many companies and I hope your next stop on the path makes you happy . Life is simply too short.

Stella - what a wonderfully gracious post.

This thread has been so inspiring - so much more than I imagined when I started it. So many wonderful words of encouragement and inspiration. You guys rock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

One of my new year's resolutions was to be more in touch with other stampers so I popped onto SCS today. I think this thread is amazing. I love it because, for the most part, it's constructive and one person's new path might inspire a reader to follow the same or have the courage to try something new. I have a lot of downline and some did not sign the IDA and I told them that I would never judge nor scold or anything. Heavens -- it's THEIR life and not mine! Who wants to stick with something that is not making them totally happy or that they have fundamental disagreement with?

Wonderful words!!! Thank you very much for responding on this thread.
Your post reminded me that there are good demos that are aware and fine with ex-demos/stampers using SU and buying other products.
Sadly there are some other demos I really wish that had your thinking.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
Wonderful words!!! Thank you very much for responding on this thread.
Your post reminded me that there are good demos that are aware and fine with ex-demos/stampers using SU and buying other products.
Sadly there are some other demos I really wish that had your thinking.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Kind of sad to me. I am not leaving SU, but there really wasn't a conflict for me. I don't blog, but I do surf. I am not on a design team nor do I feel that I would be good enough to try that avenue. I do feel for the the ones who had to make that decision and I am sure I posted earlier, that I wished them all the best. I don't think it should be all about one company. There are way too many products out there and I love several of the member companies products here as well as other online and brick and mortar stores. That being said, I would say that 90% of what I have is SU, but I have alot of other things that I just love. I truly believe that no one company or store can carry everything that everyone could want. That is why there are shopping malls with lots of different stores. You know, I love being a demo, but I am more do it as a hobby, to spend time with my friends, because that is what my stamp club girls are. They are my friends and were long before I signed up to be a demo. But my situation may be unique. The point to all of this rambling is, to enjoy yourself. I think we sometimes get too serious about things and take things way to personnally, at least I know I do sometimes. Again, I truly wish all of those who decided to move on to a new chapter the very best and I look forward to all of the inspiration and enabling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #102  
Crimping Master

I love love love SU for their coordinating colors, great CS, and their stamps. I am not leaving BUT I don't discriminate. Why limit myself to one company? My taste varies so much that I go everywhere. I am interested in Michaels Strong's designs right now. I also love Stampington. Stamping Bella, Starving Artist Stamps are great, American Art Stamps are very interesting and fun, Amuse appeals to the cutsie side, and I just got a Flower Soft set that I adore. I just do not like clear stamps. I was thinking of trying some PTI since people rave. I'll buy patterned paper from anyone if I like the print, though I am more cautious if I am going to use it for scrapbooking...for that I am mostly SU and CM because I know I trust their product and great service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #103  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the very warm words in response to my post! Wow, didn't expect that but you made my day

You know, I said life is short and I think that sometimes you just hit a point in your life (I'm forty-eight - when I write it in numbers it creates a smilie with sunglasses, LOL!) and friends starting getting cancer (three close friends all got breast cancer in 2007), our parents and our friends parents begin passing on, we're at war, etc... and I just do not care about the things that used to yank my chain. I also saw a SAM at SU put this quote (below) in an email last year and I loved it. I think it sort of grounds me when I read it and shows me how I've evolved in my attitudes about things. I just cannot get wound up about anyone else's choice about staying with this biz (SU) or trying something new. It's all about that person's choices and has not one thing to do with what I'd do. I remind my kids that we all live in glass houses, none of us is perfect and no one has to agree with your way of thinking. We'd all be pretty dull if we all agreed and did the same things! So here's the quote and I'll now step off my little soap box ;-)

"Remember, a good attitude produces good results, a fair attitude fair results, a poor attitude poor results. We each shape our own life, and the shape of it is determined largely by our attitude." ~M. Russell Ballard~

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the very warm words in response to my post! Wow, didn't expect that but you made my day

You know, I said life is short and I think that sometimes you just hit a point in your life (I'm forty-eight - when I write it in numbers it creates a smilie with sunglasses, LOL!) and friends starting getting cancer (three close friends all got breast cancer in 2007), our parents and our friends parents begin passing on, we're at war, etc... and I just do not care about the things that used to yank my chain. I also saw a SAM at SU put this quote (below) in an email last year and I loved it. I think it sort of grounds me when I read it and shows me how I've evolved in my attitudes about things. I just cannot get wound up about anyone else's choice about staying with this biz (SU) or trying something new. It's all about that person's choices and has not one thing to do with what I'd do. I remind my kids that we all live in glass houses, none of us is perfect and no one has to agree with your way of thinking. We'd all be pretty dull if we all agreed and did the same things! So here's the quote and I'll now step off my little soap box ;-)

"Remember, a good attitude produces good results, a fair attitude fair results, a poor attitude poor results. We each shape our own life, and the shape of it is determined largely by our attitude." ~M. Russell Ballard~
Hear hear! *applause*

Quote:

I also saw a SAM at SU
Only one thing... what's a SAM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Although I did not say you had an hidden agenda, I guess finding one could be yours, so maybe I implied it. And I would like to point out something else, maybe for people who use THE phrase that don't know the origin.

I am sorry my post singled her out. I guess my asking to ignore these type posts is kind of funny since mine couldn't be ignored nor did I ignore. Human, aren't we?

Such a difference in what she asked vs a simple "why did you post this here" (even in a pm) to clear it up. Her veiled accusation was only met with mine. I am sorry to the whole group.
How rude to talk about me in terms of "she" "her" etc. I haven't "made" you do anything I'm a big believer of personal responsibility.

And yet again "why did you post this here?" if you felt a PM was the way to go.

I'm not a topic police, nor have I ever set myself up as such, in fact its seems to have been proved beyond a reasonable doubt that that is what many SU lovers have set themselves up as, and indeed is the bigger bone of contention. I have never and will not be silenced by a clique, nor a bully, nor any person whom which I respectfully disagree. Nor will I be villianized by people who attempt to build themselves up on the insult of others and their deny the reality of what is indeed indefensible. In the words of our founding fathers "Don't Tread on Me!" - so stop the treading already, accept that all of us on a this open message board have the right to opinion and see that trying to garner brownie points at my expense is at best juvenile behavior.

Also I'm not the originator of the Kool-aid euphamism as regards to SU - so maybe you should investigate deeper rather than shooting the messenger that you have come across. It does get rather tiring when people can't control others that don't have nor want that company allegiance doesn't it?

You know, if you apologize, you apologize to the person that you deliberately set out to offend not to all those who witness it. So I guess you really aren't sorry at all as you continue with your personal attacks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #106  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
Hear hear! *applause*

Only one thing... what's a SAM?
That was silly of me. Sorry about that! I was talking SU-talk. :oops:

A SAM is a Service Account Manager. Every SU demo who earns the incentive trip is assigned a specific rep within SU to be their "go-to person" for one fiscal year (July-June) thereby circumventing the general customer/demo support area. So if I need anything or have a question, I go to my SAM who has about 70 demos who she is responsible for out of the 40-50k or so that we have in the US and Canada. The SAM works one-on-one with their demos to help them with their businesses offering a deeper level of support. It's a fabulous perk and resource. I run everything by my SAM and she helps me beyond measure.

Thanks for asking!

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Love your posts and perspective.

I agree so much. And definitely will defend myself against stones thrown rather than throw in a towel! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 12:59 AM   #108  
Crimping Master

I did not make the minimum for this quarter and I am not going to be able to order any more. Last quarter I spent a mint on SU! stuff, but that doesn't count this quarter. I wont be renewing. I advised my upline, and I will keep ordering the stuff I like from her as she is one of the loveliest people I know.

I only joined in May last year, and while I loved most of the stuff, some of the stuff was a huge disappointment to me and I guess after that I rather lost enthusiasm, as I know there was stuff I couldn't look someone in the eye and seriously ask them to buy it.

I have some great gear, but I am free again to buy stamps that I love from everywhere, and use ink and stuff from elsewhere as well. I can also spend time making my books and other mixed media art without wondering if it will be approved of by SU!

I am having fun unmounting all those stamps that I had mounted when I first got them.

I have no bitterness toward SU! what so ever. I really think that if you need to make a living while staying home, especially SAHM's, this is a very good way to do it. It is so much better than, say, Amway or Tupperware, and not all of us can be Avon ladies. I am quite impressed with SU! cardstock and will continue to buy it in bulk as I use tons of it in my various book and box making projects. But at least now I can use other stamps on it and different inks. (Long live Versacolor).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 12:59 AM   #109  
Crimping Master

Sorry, double post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 02:19 AM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYstamperView Post
Kind of sad to me. I am not leaving SU, but there really wasn't a conflict for me. I don't blog, but I do surf. I am not on a design team nor do I feel that I would be good enough to try that avenue. I do feel for the the ones who had to make that decision and I am sure I posted earlier, that I wished them all the best. I don't think it should be all about one company. There are way too many products out there and I love several of the member companies products here as well as other online and brick and mortar stores. That being said, I would say that 90% of what I have is SU, but I have alot of other things that I just love. I truly believe that no one company or store can carry everything that everyone could want. That is why there are shopping malls with lots of different stores. You know, I love being a demo, but I am more do it as a hobby, to spend time with my friends, because that is what my stamp club girls are. They are my friends and were long before I signed up to be a demo. But my situation may be unique. The point to all of this rambling is, to enjoy yourself. I think we sometimes get too serious about things and take things way to personnally, at least I know I do sometimes. Again, I truly wish all of those who decided to move on to a new chapter the very best and I look forward to all of the inspiration and enabling!
THANK YOU! I am a true believer of this!
SU is NOT the best and neither is any other company as they all offer different things.
I really wish we could get this thought into a few others but that will never happen. But it would stop some of the arguing and the cheerleader ranting and jumping on everyone that posts something against SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #111  
Crimping Master

sshhhhh..... I'm at work so I'm subscribing to this thread so I can find it when I get home....

yikes! gotta go! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #112  
Crimping Master

I'm not a demo but I've been a SU customer for years and most of my stamps come from them. I'm not buying as much as I use to because they just seem to be getting so expensive! I love my demo and go to her classes and place an order just about every month but I mostly order paper, ink and other non-stamp items. I'm excited to see the unmounted stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #113  
Inking Addict

The thing I love about SU is that match-match thing. However I have never used any other brand.....so now I am wondering..... do other companies sell paper & ink that match?

This is a great thread! Thanks to all that have contributed info.

Now that you are all out there in the big stamping world exploring all the companies (smile) have you found the quality of cardstock, with matching ink? I would love to know what companies offer this. Maybe you can temp me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #114  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathystampinView Post
The thing I love about SU is that match-match thing. However I have never used any other brand.....so now I am wondering..... do other companies sell paper & ink that match?

This is a great thread! Thanks to all that have contributed info.

Now that you are all out there in the big stamping world exploring all the companies (smile) have you found the quality of cardstock, with matching ink? I would love to know what companies offer this. Maybe you can temp me?
Try www.papertreyink.com They have matching ink and cardstock. Also all their main colors come in 5 different types of ribbon for EACH color! The only drawback for me is that the paper is only available 8 1/2" x 11 and I do a lot of scrapbooking so I really prefer 12x12 cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #115  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Another vote for www.papertreyink.com (PTI). I LOVE the quality of their acrylic stamps!

They come with CD cases and even labels to place on the CD cases (each label has an image of the stamp).

Free shipping on orders of $55 or more... and as Lisa said, they have matching ink, ribbon, cardstock, and buttons.

Prices are reasonable, too.

I love the quality of their paper; however, their new ink formulation and I don't get along too well, so I'm sticking with SU ink pads for now. Don't get me wrong... it's just me. SEVERAL people on the PTI forums LOVE the new formulation. They say it has wonderful coverage and they REALLY like it. It's just not for me.

But I love everything else about PTI, so I guess that's good. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #116  
Crimping Master

I am not a Demo but I have recently discovered Prism cardstock and I love it. Each shade has a light, medium, and dark version which I love... they also have a matching chart to Basic Grey DSP (my favorite DSP brand) along with a few other companies. I get mine from Michelle at Stamper's Dream.

You may also want to check out Hero Arts... there new catty just came out and they have some beautiful stamps this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
I am not a Demo but I have recently discovered Prism cardstock and I love it. Each shade has a light, medium, and dark version which I love... they also have a matching chart to Basic Grey DSP (my favorite DSP brand) along with a few other companies. I get mine from Michelle at Stamper's Dream.

You may also want to check out Hero Arts... there new catty just came out and they have some beautiful stamps this year.
I saw some new Hero Arts earlier this week and truthfully its the first time in a couple of years their stamps caught my eye.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #118  
Crimping Master

I have been using Hero Arts stamps for a few years now and their new catty has some gorgeous stamps in it. They now carry note cards and papers that match with their inks and also match the Ranger Distressed Inks. The one thing I really didn't care for in the catty was all the donut stamps... they just make me want one!

Here is a link to the catty online: http://www.heroarts.com/products/2010Catalog.cfm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #119  
Matboard Maniac

Kathystampin Close to My Heart is a fantastic company for having great colour matching the papers the cardstocks match the inks and papers and embellishemnts and ribbons , so yes their is life after SU like many are saying but a lot of companys out there now are trying to get things to match better or mix and match companys if you are not a demo you can do what ever you please.
Reply With Quote Likes