Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,381 Likes on 515 Posts
Default How much time do you spend stamping?

Do you stamp daily? If so, how much time usually?
Are you a weekly stamper? Again, if so, how much time usually?

What is the "sweet spot" for your creativity?
For me, it's going a week or so with little to no stamping, then spending a full day or two stamping. The ideas come far easier to me when I can spend a quantity of consecutive hours creating. It takes me awhile to get in "the flow". That's why I LOVE playing in the Virtual Stamp Nights! After the first or second challenge, the ideas come rolling in and I'm having the time of my life!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cnsteele:
jeannemlehrman (11-19-2021), Pat Bartsch (12-05-2021), pigtail1 (11-19-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

I wish I could stamp every day!

But now that I've gone back to work full-time, it just doesn't happen : (

I stamp mostly on the weekends. I always have some type of card project sitting on my dining room table since that's where I stamp.

If I get a few random minutes during the week, I'll do a little something on the current project.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smhtwin:
cjzim (12-07-2021), cnsteele (11-18-2021), jeannemlehrman (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 02:13 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I find something to do in the craft room everyday and stamp about 4-5 times a week. I would like to say I can spend days on end stamping but, in reality, I do little bits in little spurts between doing other things around the house and my way-too-much TV watching. After many years of setting goals and deadlines for X cards or XX scrapbook pages, I realizes that it puts too much pressure on myself and I'd rather get less done and have fun while doing it.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 10 users liked this post by lutheran:
cnsteele (11-19-2021), jeannemlehrman (11-19-2021), Laura339 (11-20-2021), lynkim (12-05-2021), MangieB (11-24-2021), Paula in GA (11-20-2021), pepperann (11-19-2021), pnzimmer (11-24-2021), smadson (11-24-2021), TexasGrammy (12-05-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 03:16 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I started out stamping 20+ years ago, but have actually switched to die cutting. I do try and stamp sentiments, but even with my Tim Holtz platform, my images do not seem to be clear. I admit, the platform has helped tremendously in covering the image, and the newer stamps seem to be much better than my older rubber-blocked stamps. I have some success with the rock-a-blocks, but there too, the edges sometimes mess me up with smudged ink. I used to powder emboss my stamping, but anymore, that doesn't turn out as well as I would like. I'm not sure if my powders are that old or not, I did send in a question and found out using Momento ink wasn't recommended. I just ordered a new stamp pad from Stampin Up and hope it helps. if I can get clearer images that accept embossing powder, I know I'll go back to stamping all my sentiments in lieu of die cuts.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2021, 06:09 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I used to make time most days Monday to Saturday. But this last year and a half, my workload has been heavier. I only work part-time, but it's usually Wednesday at the earliest in the week before I have any energy. I can usually just potter in my room for a few hours during the daytime either Thursday or Friday, and then grab a couple of hours here and there. I like to be able to complete a project, unless it needs drying time.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
cnsteele (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 06:19 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi! I’ve been very successful with Versafine inks. They are dye inks so you can stamp and emboss. Their colors are awesome! Hope it helps!
I do a mix of die cutting and stamping, it depends on my mood.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
I started out stamping 20+ years ago, but have actually switched to die cutting. I do try and stamp sentiments, but even with my Tim Holtz platform, my images do not seem to be clear. I admit, the platform has helped tremendously in covering the image, and the newer stamps seem to be much better than my older rubber-blocked stamps. I have some success with the rock-a-blocks, but there too, the edges sometimes mess me up with smudged ink. I used to powder emboss my stamping, but anymore, that doesn't turn out as well as I would like. I'm not sure if my powders are that old or not, I did send in a question and found out using Momento ink wasn't recommended. I just ordered a new stamp pad from Stampin Up and hope it helps. if I can get clearer images that accept embossing powder, I know I'll go back to stamping all my sentiments in lieu of die cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2021, 01:05 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

For past five - sixish years, maybe twice a month plus two girls' trips a year, due to my mom's health issues and going back to work in 2017. I'll occasionally have a couple of hours, but they're getting rarer and rarer. Someday I will have more time, but for now, it is what it is. Mom's under hospice care now, so I know her time is getting shorter and crafting has gone by the wayside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Debbie Koch (11-24-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 08:25 AM   #8  

Received 1,381 Likes on 515 Posts

Regina, I'm sorry to hear that about your mom. It's important to live knowing one's priorities and what's important so that one can live with little to no regrets. That sounds like exactly what you are doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Debbie Koch (11-24-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 08:39 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I make and sell cards at a local farmers market pretty much year round and now I am back to the Christmas markets. I am in the card room 6 days a week and usually working from morning to bedtime with breaks for errands and making dinners, lol. So I stamp alot.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
susie718 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 03:04 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I try and stamp some each day. I join a lot of challenges and those help me reach outside my comfort zone since I have been stamping for over 20 years, I love learning new techniques. In January, I have to have thumb surgery on my right hand (which is my dominant hand, for arthritis) so this will put a halt on my card making for at least 3 months. Then, I will have to have my left hand done so I don't think I will be stamping for awhile.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2021, 03:06 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
Post Daily

I play at my craft table some of every day since I am retired and bored with TV. I do some stamping on a lot of cards, and also use die cuts and embossing tools.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Rebali:
Paula in GA (11-20-2021), pnzimmer (11-24-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 04:36 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I spend time in my craft room daily for a little while. I will stamp, then color the next day when I have time, then finish the card. If I am in a rush, I will look for a completed card to repurpose. I have a large stash of cards so changing them a bit to send for another occasion is something I have been working on.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2021, 02:58 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I stamp/die cut every single day. I'm going on 20 years+ of stamping. I spent 3 hours in my craft room just last night. Most of that time, like all of us, is creating scenes for my cards or trying out new ideas. I did do something that helps me so much and I thought I'd share. When I purchase a die cut, I cut out all the pieces right away and back it with cardboard for stability. I place the individual pieces in boxes marked "landscape, animals, trees, building, hills, flowers, etc." (I do keep the entire die cutting set together when filing it.) Then, when I want to do a card with , say...mountains, hills, buildings, deer, I can just look into my cut out pieces and move them around on my card, placing them wherever I want. It is so much FUN! Sorry if I got off topic.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by bluebird52pa:
fl_beachbum (12-05-2021), staff2 (11-24-2021), susie718 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 03:15 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

If I'm at home, I stamp for the large part of everyday. I have been stamping for 25 years and for the 22 that I have been retired my time in my stamping has increased. I'm a stamper at heart that loves to fussy cut and use dies mostly for shapes difficult to cut by hand like perfect curves or fancy frames and borders as well as some embellishments.
Reply With Quote Likes
susie718 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 03:59 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Like many others here, I have been “stamping” for more than 20 years but, what with two hand surgeries in the past five years and subsequent PT, I was out of “circulation” for lengthy periods of time and stopped doing challenges and stamping to deadlines. Also, I love to read, embroider, watch youtube tutorials (which I rarely follow up on with actual crafting), and (gasp!) reorganize my craft space, so there is competition for my crafting time. I squeeze stamping in now and then, maybe 1.5 to 2 hours in the mid afternoons…
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2021, 04:06 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

I stamp most days even if it's just a little bit. Sometimes i just sit down to color images then put them back in the stamp pocket for future use. Then there are other days where i have to set timers so that don't lose track of time and get behind with household things! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2021, 06:54 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I could spend 24/7 in my craft room, either stamping, scrapping or junk journaling. It is my job since retiring! I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2021, 07:27 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't stamp everyday but 5 days a week is pretty common for me. I like to do challenges to stretch my mind and do cards for a ministry at our church, so I always have cards I "should" make. What other things I have to do dictates how much time in a given day I can be in my craft room. A day with no other commitments is a great day! I put on my music and get lost in it!
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love to stamp and have been doing it for over 20 years. I would stamp every day if I could but some of my health issues prevent this. It is kind of what keeps me going. I love the creativity. I rarely ever copy someone else's ideas. Many times I will see things laying on my desk - cardstock colors or designer papers and I think oh I never pictured that together, but it usually works out better than I would have imagined. I try to send cards to people who are going through challenges. But I do send birthday, Christmas etc. It is an expensive hobby but well worth it. Most of my cards need extra postage. Happy stamping!!
Reply With Quote Likes
MangieB (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 456 Likes on 341 Posts

For me, it really varies according to the time of year. I'm a very keen gardener so in the spring, I do very little stamping as I'm getting my vegetable garden planted, my flower beds cleaned up, etc. Then in the summer, I'd rather be outdoors than indoors. So fall and winter are my big stamping seasons. At the end of November, I hold a fundraiser where I sell my homemade Christmas cards and shortbread - so I probably stamp 5 days a week in the fall getting ready for that. And then in the winter, I make a start on Christmas cards for the next fundraiser!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2021, 10:03 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I am retired so I'm in my craft room everyday. I have been stamping almost 20 years so I have a lot to play with. I stamp, die cut or just play around with layouts everyday but right now I am having hand issues so it slows me down. During the Covid lock down I made and mailed about 200 cards in 4 months. I made it my job to keep friends and family around the country's spirits up. In doing so I think I created a carpal tunnel problem for myself. Hope it calms down because making cards keeps me going.
Marcia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2021, 08:54 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes