Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you ....

make a "Thank you" card to send out after Christmas?

AND / OR

a Happy New Year card?

I was in the gallery and saw a 2012 card.. so made me think abit.. and believe me, not due to a hangover from drinking, but it is VERY hard to think today

(was a very rough New Years Eve.. my kitten got out and I thought we had lost her for good as she was chased by a dog into some underbrush of the yard and she wouldnt come out for anything, not even treats... and finally when my neighbor put his dog in the house for the night due to the fireworks did she come out, it was almost midnight when she came home she had been gone since 9 that morning and I walked this neighborhood every hour on the hour probably shaking her treats and calling her.. so YAYY HNY to me !!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I made a thank you card for a person who gave me a present for Christmas:
Crafty Catz Challenge #113 by pixxiewacorgi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
No New Year's cards except perhaps for a challenge? I certainly don't send them out to anyone.

I'm so relived you managed to get your kitty back safe and sound. My dogs escape sometimes and I have a tear attack every single time, even though they always come back by themselves after they've done their mischief.

Quote:

Originally Posted by franb63View Post
make a "Thank you" card to send out after Christmas?

AND / OR

a Happy New Year card?

I was in the gallery and saw a 2012 card.. so made me think abit.. and believe me, not due to a hangover from drinking, but it is VERY hard to think today

(was a very rough New Years Eve.. my kitten got out and I thought we had lost her for good as she was chased by a dog into some underbrush of the yard and she wouldnt come out for anything, not even treats... and finally when my neighbor put his dog in the house for the night due to the fireworks did she come out, it was almost midnight when she came home she had been gone since 9 that morning and I walked this neighborhood every hour on the hour probably shaking her treats and calling her.. so YAYY HNY to me !!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I don't make New Years cards mainly because I barely get my Christmas cards made and sent out in time, I would never get New Years cards done in time. I will be sending out Thank You cards, or should I say my kids will be. We home school and we think that it is a good way for the kids to show appreciation for the gifts that they received and also to help with there printing and spelling. Sending Thank you cards is becoming a lost art that I think should not be lost especially since I make cards and have no real excuse not to send them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
I don't make New Years cards mainly because I barely get my Christmas cards made and sent out in time, I would never get New Years cards done in time. I will be sending out Thank You cards, or should I say my kids will be. We home school and we think that it is a good way for the kids to show appreciation for the gifts that they received and also to help with there printing and spelling. Sending Thank you cards is becoming a lost art that I think should not be lost especially since I make cards and have no real excuse not to send them out.
WOW-----your kids get "extra credit" in my world! I agree--it's a VERY lost art of kids showing appreciation. Funny thing? I'm all about appreciation as a gift-giver? The greater the appreciation? The bigger and more frequent I gift! (Seriously). Morale of the story? Ship a small thank you card. Never hurts anything!

Hugs to your kids! Great way to role-model to them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a grandma, have everything I need, and request "no gifts" except maybe a token present to unwrap, or something home made by the grandkids. So, not much need for thank you cards, lol.

My Christmas present is getting to do mostly what I want to for the kids and grandkids at Christmas time!

I sent New Year's cards one year, but have since decided I can't handle making them with all the Christmas hubbub.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I send thank-you cards for some gifts but not all. It goes without saying that I acknowledge ALL of them at least verbally or by email, I think that's important.
Happy New Year - not so much, but I'm sending out a couple of non-Christmas cards this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I make thank you cards for Christmas gifts I received. I'm using wrapping paper from Target as my inspiration. It has a white base and brown or caramel tree limbs with teal birds, lime colored birds, turquoise birds and hot pink birds. I'm not sure if the people I send the cards to will wonder about this choice but that paper was sooooo cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

I did not send out Christmas cards for the first time EVER! I lost my sister in October, so it was just too hard to write that letter.... So, I do want to send out Thank You's to our family who have given us fabulous gifts this year. My DD will definitely send out thanks to her grandparents and aunts/uncles for their generous gifts to her as well. Just trying to wake up and get my creative juices flowing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No Christmas cards this year, but I did make and send two Thank You cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you cards yes but not New Year cards. All our children were encouraged to send Thank You cards or letters and they now encourage their own children to do the same so I feel that I must reciprocate - have to show a good example

Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I've made thank you cards for the kids to send to all those who bought them gifts for Christmas. Some of the my craftier kids will make their own thank you cards with my supplies

Color of Happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Made a batch of Christmas Thank You cards earlier this year - thinking ahead - and used 6 of them. This is something I'll continue doing each year and won't feel so stressed after Christmas to hurry and make cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

No on the New Years card. But my children and myself will be sending out homemade Thank you cards. I will be making them this week. (Ideally I would have had them completed by now and in the mail but I am behind this year.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeinSparksView Post
Made a batch of Christmas Thank You cards earlier this year - thinking ahead - and used 6 of them. This is something I'll continue doing each year and won't feel so stressed after Christmas to hurry and make cards.
Brilliant! I'm part of the Christmas Card challenge here on SCS, and I should try to make a thank you or two every month as well.

I intend to make and send thank you cards for every gift, but I usually only get around to making them for situations where I was unable to thank the giver in person.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I mailed 25 handmade Christmas cards. I received 5 gifts and I sent 5 Christmas cards with a thank you stamp on the inside and personal message. I do not send New Year cards but I am planning to make 5 Christmas cards this weekend to get a head start for 2012.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #16  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

No New Years cards for me, but I do have to make & send one thank you card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I do not send thank you cards, just because we typically make phone calls to thank the out-of-town family for the gifts we receive and anyone else we thank in person.

No New Years cards for me either. I have a hard enough time getting my Christmas cards out, lol! I think the only time I would ever really make anything for New Years would be invitations for a party.

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am trying to get my mojo back - it's been since this past summer that I've made anything of significance. I need to/want to send my sister a thank you card. She was my "secret santa" this year and her gift seems to have jump started my mojo (a couple of new Cricut cartridges)..... We'll see what happens!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #19  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually make a few Happy New Year cards to use as thank-you cards for gifts received in the mail. When my kids were still at home, they knew they were supposed to send thank-you notes for gifts received through the mail. Unfortunately, they did not pass on that lesson to their children. I'm one of those grandmothers who never know if the grandkids got their gifts. I'm seriously thinking of stopping.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Still sending out Christmas cards. Are they condsidered New Year cards?? maybe and have a stash of Thank you cards. Will be popping those in the mail tomorrow.

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

Made and sent 4 Thank you cards, thanking is very big in our family. Did not make them in advance this year. No New Years cards, but in the past I have made some and sent to the folks I did not get a Christmas card to. Made 60 this year and ran out. Most went just to the door "wall pocket" thing in my Active Senior living apt. bldg. I sent about 20 I believe. I teach Paper Arts here.
Reply With Quote Likes