Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I rationalize my stamping addiction?

I have a huge question for all of you stampers out there I have been a stamping addict for almost 15 years now. I LOVE it! I have dry spells every now and then, but it's something that always comes back. I have never had a craft or hobby that I've done for this long without getting tired of it and I can't see that ever happening.

My dilemma is that I don't really send cards that much. I just want to make them. I used to sell a few on Ebay years ago, but that seems like too much trouble these days. I need a way to support my habit and rationalize it to myself. What do I do with all of these cards I make if I don't even send them? I can't stop making them! I LOVE it! I want new papers and new stamps all the time, but I feel like I need to somehow do something productive with the things I make.

I am thinking about becoming a Stampin' UP Demo again. I have been one in the past. It would just be as a hobbiest demo. I don't want to do workshops and I live in a very rural area where people who are interested or can afford to spend money on stamps are few and far between. Is there any way you can make money being a demo with the workshops? I don't want to make a lot of money, just enough to meet my monthly quota. Any suggestions?

Alright people, give me some ideas and some hope please Are there any others out there that just like to make the things and not send them? Am I crazy? haha!

Thanks so much for reading my novel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't have any advice regarding the SU situation, however, I do have some suggestions for rationalizing your stamping purchases.

1. You can package your cards up and give them as gifts. I have several friends/family members I do this for and they all love it. Some have even gotten so bold as to request certain themes and let me know when they are getting low. You know your cards are getting used by someone who appreciates them, and you get to use your hobby to make 'inexpensive' gifts. Win/win.

2. Sell your cards at local bazaars. Tables at small shows run as little as $20 so you won't have a lot invested.

3. Donate your finished cards to an organization. Give yourself a warm, fuzzy feeling and help out people in need. Win/win.

Good luck, and KEEP ON STAMPIN!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No, you aren't crazy.

I don't send a lot of cards either. I'm just really bad at remembering.

You can try selling on Etsy. It's cheaper than ebay for the listing fees, etc.

I do pretty good with my SU! business. I don't make a ton, but I'm really just supporting my habit for the most part. I have a monthly class and do 1-2 workshops a month. I get a lot of online orders on my website that really help too.

I looked at your blog. Your digital stuff is beautiful, but you do need to know that since we sell digital kits, you wouldn't be able to do both under the demo agreement because that would be a competitive activity.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel ya! I, too, love making them and just haven't found the right place to sell them. Most stores only want to give me a dollar or two so they can sell them for $4-5.00. Hasn't gone too well. I finally figured out that I am actually a card hoarder! I love making them and really hate to part with them when I'm done. I probably made an extra 60 cards at Christmas and Valentines Day more that I actually sent out. My husband keeps telling me to take them to different specialty stores, but I don't want the pressure of them requesting certain cards at a set time. I also would like to make just enough to make my minimum as a SU demo. I would like to find a cheap bazaar or some place to sell them. I'm also not comfortable in front of people to do workshops. You're not crazy at all, cause if you are, then I'm right there with ya! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you so much for your replies! I hadn't thought of giving my cards as gifts. I love that idea! I will definitely do that.

There are a few small craft shows in the area I could do also. I used to do craft shows and sell my polymer clay ornaments, but haven't done any for quite a while.

And thanks Jan for letting me know about the Stampin' Up competitive information. I really had no idea. I guess being a demo is off then! I'll just have to be a buyer and a hoarder! LOL!

I guess what I am really wanting is a reason to stamp... is it enough to do it just because I adore it so? Do I have to have a good productive reason?

Thanks again girls for your replies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

you can always make cards to donate...the troops, nursing homes...etc. That is a great incentive and very rewarding. There are lots of flower shops that take cards on consignment if that interests you.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, I hear you too! I have a bunch of swaps and extra cards that I've made. I've been trying to give away a lot of them as thank you cards for orders but I still have lots extra. What I've done (or am going to do) is donate extras to organizations like Operation Write Home, give bundles away as booking incentives or hostess gifts, sell them at craft fairs, do giveaways on my facebook page or use them as blog candy. I've thought about doing etsy, but figured that the most cost effective way to do that is to create bundles and sell those (instead of selling one off cards) but I've never actually done it yet. I've also seen people sell big sets of random quality cards on ebay too.

In regards to making money as a SU demo without doing workshops, you can totally do it by hosting classes, working your online presence (like in a blog, etc), create custom cards to order and use SU supplies, etc.

Like Jan said, you'd have to figure out your digital products (which are super cute) and MyDigitalStudio fit together so that you are in compliance as a demo.

But otherwise, craft on and have fun making your many cards! I'll be right there with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't send out very many cards but in order to use my stamping stuff I make hundreds of cards for a nursing home every year- valentines, birthdays/note cards and Christmas/holiday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Places to donate cards: Operation Write Home, Children's Hospitals, cancer centers, etc. The last two like a basket of thank you cards for patients/families to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Default You're Sane!

Why do we always think we have to have an end-user to engage in a craft before it becomes worthwhile? Picasso and other great artists kept many of their work for their own enjoyment. I have my cards posted along the edges of shelves in my craft room just so I can see them daily. They make me smile. I have a list of 20 friends who get a birthday card every year. I use card packets as hostess gifts and thank you gifts, but mostly, I make them because I want to. It's cheaper than therapy. Enjoy and don't feel guilty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the same way I did a few years ago...I pay the bills, I put money in savings...I have an alowence and I choose to spent it on scrappy supplies just because it makes me happy and I enjoy making things...Every hobby costs money...This is what I do with mine!

Now, wasn't that easy? LOL

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

:p Hey I just say "it's cheaper than therapy"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't know if you'd be interested in this, but I thought I mention it. It is an organisation called chemo angels (Chemo Angels Cancer Support Organization). You get partnered up with somebody undergoing chemo therapy and send them a card a week......this is epescially helping patients which otherwise don't have friends/relatives for moral support.

I miss Hawaii
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Like everybody else, I don't think you need to rationalise it beyond the fact that you enjoy it and it gives you pleasure. If you need money to fund it, then selling is the way to go, but only if you're selling cards you've already made for yourself. Making cards to sell introduces different factors into the equation and takes some of the fun and enjoyment out, in my experience. I wouldn't go down the selling route unless there was financial pressure to do so.
So to avoid building up too large a stash, donate as suggested above . I too give packages of mine as gifts; people are always happy with that - one friend has been getting them for the last four years and still says yes please if I ask her does she want the same again for her birthday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #15  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love, love, love making cards. I used to give sets to friends and family for birthdays and thank-you's.

Also, for many years I ran the Mothers & Fathers Day craft stalls at my kids' school, which involved making 1000's of items and cards each year (which meant I wasn't spending just my own money, it was fundraising, I made heaps of friends and I could dabble in a variety of crafts).

Now the kids are not there anymore, my friend and I have started selling at markets. We'll never recover anywhere near what we spend on our hobby, but I keep saying that my husband spends loads on electronics and gaming, and no-one expects him to make a profit! Any hobby that you're right into is sure to cost. Craft is MY hobby!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #16  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1naView Post
I don't know if you'd be interested in this, but I thought I mention it. It is an organisation called chemo angels (Chemo Angels Cancer Support Organization). You get partnered up with somebody undergoing chemo therapy and send them a card a week......this is epescially helping patients which otherwise don't have friends/relatives for moral support.
Thank you for this info! I have never heard of this group and just sent out an email to all my card making friends about this - we are going to do it! What a wonderful way to put our hobby/obsession to good use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

In addition to donating cards and sending boxes of cards to friends and relatives as gifts, I also volunteer as the PTA hospitality chairperson at one of my daughters' middle schools. When I took the position, I added birthday cards for the staff to the job description. That gives me an extra 120 or so people to make birthday cards for. I got a birthday list from the school office and keep it in my craft room. Each weekend, I check the list for any birthdays in the coming week. I have a stash of birthday cards already signed by the PTA members (I take a handful to each board meeting for everyone to sign), so it's quick to just stick the right number into envelopes for the week. I stop by the school office early in the week and put them in the teachers' mailboxes. They love it! I've received so many wonderful comments from everyone, especially the male teachers.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you all so much for the wonderful replies! Now I have so many great ideas to do with my cards

I was just feeling a little down yesterday with so much that I "had" to do, and I really wanted to just go in my craft room and stamp, but I felt like it was unproductive and that I needed a reason to do it. All of your comments helped me so much and I was able to let all the "have to" stuff slide and I made two cards yesterday that I love! It was so much fun too!

Also Minneapple your comment helped me SO much!! That was exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you!

I'm going to do some more stamping today! Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

My hobby is stamping and creating. I really don't expect to get anything back from this. It is purely for my enjoyment. Mr Noofy golfs! He pays dues..he golfs at other courses..he celebrates in the club house after a game. Does he get any of that money back? NOT! So I don't beat myself up over it. Relax..enjoy..CREATE!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Your work is lovely. I just popped over to your blog. I love your layouts! I don't think you need to rationalize your hobby. It is meant to be fun. I would donate as people mention, give sets of cards as gifts (they are always a hit..) I sell my cards at the office, they come to me if they want a card...No mailing, no fuss...It makes people happy... Children's hospital, the servicemen/woman, and nursing homes really love to receive them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #21  
Inking Addict

I'm a retired Grandmother and I keep making cards although I have hundreds of them stored away. I love doing it and find it challenging to use new products and paper that I've purchased over time. One of these days my two daughters will have to decide what to do with them. Won't be my problem by then!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

you are not alone!

Non-crafters just don't "get it", but thier bullying gets so tiresome!!

why is our hobby so beaten down anyways, when it is one of the most UN selfish ones that could be had???

i mean, do we not send cards now and then, share supplies, PIF, teach others, brighten someones day now and then?????

heres some examples of my end of the bullying:

one SIL scoffs my hobby, yet she collects dolls, expensive creepy do nothing but sit and collect dust..dolls! and she naps every day! PUHLEASE!!!

MIL is also an offender:

MIL: how much did THAT cost my son?

ME: not as much as hotrod parts and tools

MIL: looks like you went to michaels again

ME: so?

finally i had had enough when one day she asked " How much DO you spend in a year on this STUFF"?

ME: not half as much as YOU do on cigarettes each year"

that ended that! at least, no more comments to my face anyways!

DH will also defend me

everyone has something they enjoy in life, but only us chosen few enjoy the best one, LOL

so, long story short........INDULGE, ENJOY, BE HAPPY!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just checked out your blog and you have WONDERFUL digi scrap kits that you're selling. If you'd like to make some extra cash, let me offer you something to think about...how about creating digital stamps? You obviously have the computer know-how to be able to offer digital stamps for sale, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Do all of your husbands/relatives compete in golf tournaments for $$ to make back what they pay in green fees?

Do all of your car-guy husbands/relatives race in the Indy500 to make back what they spend on their cars?

Do any of your casino-going husbands/relatives make a profit from their gambling???

We ALL have hobbies (or we should... it's a pretty boring life without them..) and they should NOT have to generate a profit if you don't want them too.. I am a philanthropist through-and-through and have always generated revenue from my hobbies because that's my nature, but I don't feel like anyone HAS to. I firmly believe that people need hobbies to enrich their lives and if others can't understand that then that's their problem.. 100%
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Do all of your husbands/relatives compete in golf tournaments for $$ to make back what they pay in green fees?

Do all of your car-guy husbands/relatives race in the Indy500 to make back what they spend on their cars?

Do any of your casino-going husbands/relatives make a profit from their gambling???

We ALL have hobbies (or we should... it's a pretty boring life without them..) and they should NOT have to generate a profit if you don't want them too.. I am a philanthropist through-and-through and have always generated revenue from my hobbies because that's my nature, but I don't feel like anyone HAS to. I firmly believe that people need hobbies to enrich their lives and if others can't understand that then that's their problem.. 100%
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have to agree with the other posters, card making is my therapy. When I'm spending more than usual my husband asks if I have a birthday/anniversary rush or what is wrong, gotta love that guy. He indulges my hobby with gift cards and has even has driven to further away LSS so he doesn't have to worry about me getting lost. : )

A very large chunk of my card making goes to people in our congregation, 27 currently in care facility or homebound so they get a card every month - plus birthday, anniversary, get well, thinking of you, etc. Then there are the family cards . . .

Yea, gotta love my DH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Loved reading this thread --- especially about the craft "bullies"! I also love making cards just because I get so much pleasure from it. Thanks to everyone for the input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

I also have a bunch of cards I do not give away. I use them as samples in case I want t make more like it. In the past, I have made a bunch of Christmas cards for someone who paid me for them. He gave them to his employees. But I would think of it as therapy without having to pay a psychologist or psychiatrist every other week hundreds of dollars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

oh this is so me I feel like we are soul mates.Addiction is such an ugly word but true.
I have never had a hobby and am a worrier about life but when I am making cards I only think of making cards.I have made true friends with this hobby or way of life and I treasure every little stamp I own.Life is short we never know what is around the corner.Enjoy every happy moment that comes your way I say.Happiness can not be planned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

:-DI too have the same addiction and love making cards I am in the same boat.Because money is tight this year everyone is getting a pack of cards as gifts.Again I agree this is our therapy and it makes us happy life is so short and you never know what is around the corner.You cant plan a happy time so enjoy every moment you have.

Last edited by Junnee; 05-07-2012 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Ok so my computer was being slow today so I didn't think the first message showed up but it did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

I dont know how to delete the previous message people sorry about that.Have a great day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunneeView Post
I dont know how to delete the previous message people sorry about that.Have a great day
That's ok... My message posted twice too!! Weird...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Love all the answers!!
I am an ex demo so not only do I have piles of cards I make, i have piles of old card fronts and TC's from swapping with SU friends for 8 years!! Yikes!
One of my solutions is to get involved with a stamping group that meets regularly. That way I get to show off what I can do with people who appreciate it and swap with them every month. I also have taken boxes and bags of old samples, card fronts, etc. to the meeting and let them have them.
The best thing I did was to donate card fronts to an elderly neighbor of my parents' who runs her own stamping group.
Now listen, cause this is so cool. They get together and make cards and sell them to raise money for a charity. However, one way they do it is to SELL CARD SUBSCRIPTIONS. !! Genius!! So the subscriber pays a certain amount, and gets cards throughout the year, say a birthday, thank you/thinking of you, and appropriate holiday card every month. I am still so excited when I think of their system. I love it.
Just another thought! You could sell your cards in year long bundles if you didn't want to have to keep up with a subscriber. Just have cards for every holiday, plus x number of birthday (male, female, kid) and thank you/thinking of you cards included. I think that might be a nice sales item at a fair. "Every card you need for the next year for only $XX, you save $ and trips to the store and the "oops I forgot to get a card in time" problem"!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

I agree with every single person that said that NO JUSTIFICATION OR RATIONALIZATION IS NECESSARY beyond the fact that your hobby/passion/addiction is enjoyable for you.

My husband enjoys smoking (blech!) and has NOTHING to show for the money he spends. It - literally - goes up in smoke! Does he feel like he needs to justify his behavior or the $$? Why no, no he does not!

I informed him at the beginning of the year (when he started smoking - again) that he had two options: 1) He could quit, for reals or, 2) I would match his spending, dollar for dollar. Let me tell you, I've never had so much "fun money" before! I've always put off getting what I wanted if/when money was tight, but he never gave up his deathsticks, so I don't worry about it AT ALL now!

I still don't spend as much as he does, but I no longer feel the slightest twinge of guilt if I do buy something for myself (and it's usually crafting-related)! He has a Harley, too, and it needs oil and gas and accessories and... We all need our outlets, and most of them incur at least a little cost. Quit worrying and just go PLAY!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1naView Post
Thank you for sharing this organization. I am going to check into being a card angel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

Sempermom, that comment to your MIL about her cigarette habit is priceless!! Good on you for being able to stick up for yourself and I'm so glad to hear that your hubby will stick up for you too!

My Blog: A Piece Of (my) Heart | Instagram: @OneCraftyMrs | Pinterest: OneCraftyMrs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

As long as there is food on the table, the bills are getting paid and your not neglecting important things in life then I say "keep calm and stamp on" (yeah, I know some loony toony in the UK thinks he has the rights to the saying but I say balderdash to that too!!!). I don't get to create as much as I would like to, summer break is coming soon and I hope to have more time to create--but I do like to bring a little joy to others. There are so many wonderful organizations that would love to have your beautiful creations so why not share with them. Card Maker has a different highlighted group each issue. There are cards for the troops, cards for those with illness, local hospitals, and service organizations, etc. In fact one of the hospitals works together all year so that every Valentine's day every patient in the hospital feels a little love and gets a card from the staff--it is a huge hospital and a huge undertaking for the staff, but they love it and it brings a bit of joy to those stuck in hospital.

I don't think you need to justify your hobby. As others have said, most hobbies don't put a positive in the bank balance but I love sharing my extremely humble creations--I'm just learning the craft, don't have all the tools but I like to brighten another's day when I can. As someone who has spent most of this year being very ill and on and off in hospital I know that finding a card in the mail brings great joy--much more than an email, it is tangible.

Whatever you do, just keep on stampin and enjoying your self. And as others have said, it is much cheaper than therapy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have enjoyed reading this string because it brings back to me conversations I have had time and time again with DH about my hobby. At first I thought I should sell my creations to warrant even having the hobby. I felt guilty for spending money on myself really. He told me in such a sweet way, "Honey, I don't charge the little kids a fee for taking them for a ride on the back of my motorcycle." That motorcycle cost him $23,000 and it is just a pleasure item. Now, I do not think for a moment that this warrants crazy spending on my part for my hobby but it does tell me that he isn't worried about what anybody thinks about his hobby. He makes no qualms about loving that bike and riding it. We can afford these hobbies to a limit. I make plenty of cards for friends and family and occasions but I do not make gifts out of them. I have sold cards at our credit union before and they loved them, but it made me so obligated that it took the joy out of the day with such pressure on me to get them done.
At the end of the day, I have to thank God for the abilities and talents he's given me and the funds to use those talents in making cards. There have been times where I knew he was telling me not to put in orders for more stuff. There are times when I do not need the latest and greatest and I know it. So, I am accountable to Him with this and sure He will keep me at bay and direct me not go bonkers with over spending. It is an expensive hobby that is for sure. The last question I have to ask myself is, does my hobby own me or I own my hobby? Is it an addiction of sorts or is it a fun hobby? Sometimes that could be a fine line and I have to back off with purchases because my answer is not what it should be. I want to keep in control of my life and not let something carry me away no matter how "nice" it sounds. These are my thoughts on the whole thing.

Last edited by dottiejdavis; 06-13-2012 at 03:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #39  
Glitter Queen

I love to make cards also and make too many to give to just friends. My solution was to "adopt" a nursing home. I contacted a local home and went there with a few cards, got their head count and told them I would make a card for every resident for their birthday. They are supposed to call me when they are running low but they feel so guilty taking my cards that they don't call me but wait for me to contact them. That part is frusterating as then I have to hurry and make more instead of doing at my leisure. I consider this a payback from when my MOL was in a home and they made a big deal of her birthday. She wasnt' always " with it" but she knew when it was her day! I also make for the monthly organizations from Cardmaker magazine and Operation Write Home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I do make all the cards I need for ocassions so I have that to help me but I also consider all the other things I use my stamps for, labeling my kids things, working on memory book projects at the preschool (every parent gets assigned to a month), little thank you items for teachers at Christmas and end of the year. Now - with that being said, I agree with the others. I {should} be able to feel I can just do it because I want to. I mean, if I went out to the bar for a night on the town with friends I could pay for three big stamp sets and an ink pad - or I could be at home at my craft desk playing with those items while my kiddos sleep sound in their beds and my adoring husband knows where I am at....which do you think he prefers? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes