Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hosting a party for SU

I'm trying to understand how to host a party for Stampin' Up.

1.) What is party sale and host dollar?

2.) Is party sale the amount of money you make when people pay for the class+Stampin' Up items?

3.) Is host dollar is the money you get from the party sale?

I want to be a SU demonstrator sooo bad. But I feel like with my age of 23 and all my friends don't always have a lot of money, so I'd just rely on my parents friends and families. And I just think that if I host a party, I'd be wasting my own money when my friends can't afford anything. Any tips?

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

When you host a Stampin' Up! party, the minimum needed to earn host benefits is $150 (US).

The sale is based on the dollar amount of SU! product that is sold. Any fees that you charge are separate.

The host dollars earned is based on the total party amount -- currently $25 for a $150 party.

If you are talking about joining Stampin' Up!, all the above still applies but you as the demonstrator would earn a current base level commission of 20% of sales. You can also be your own hostess and earn those benefits.

If you want to sign up as a demonstrator, there really is no downside. If you are unable to find customers (and your friends and family might surprise you there), you can simply drop your demonstratorship with no penalties at all. There is a signup promotion ongoing through Sale-A-Bration (ending March 31): New demonstrators can select 2 SAB items OR one of the kits in the Occasions catalog in addition to the $125 in product for $99.

Make sense?

Good luck with your decision.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I joined in my later 20's :-) I would have joined earlier if I'd known about SU earlier probably though :-)

But I mainly joined because I was spending close to the minimum anyway and I joined for the discount. I've done classes and such here and there but I had a time consuming job so I didn't do as many as I would have liked. Now we moved and I have a baby so I'm not doing a whole lot but i hope to one day. The nice thing is you can do what you can do. If you have the time and drive to go big you can and if you just want the discount you can do that too. And no harm in hosting a party if you have people you think would be interested even just a little. Good luck with what you decide!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wished I join SU when I am in my 20's where lots of my friends still have time to come to classes and workshops. Right now they are all married w/ kids and no time for the fun stuff. I said if $$ is an issues, see if you can find a SU demo around you that do classes, so you can get your card making fix in.

I did that for a few months before I take the plunge to join - it's been 4 yrs and I love it!
Card for a Cause / RMH Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Your friends might like Paper Pumpkin! It doesn't require a lot of commitment and can get your friends started stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey, if your mom's friends and other relatives would be you interested customers, that's great. It doesn't have to be your friends.

Demos in my area tend to NOT do home party shows. They generally hold a class or stamp camp or stamp a stack! When the demo does this she is the hostess and gains instant cash on orders= 20% of sales, receives a 20% discount on her own order, and charges for the class. The demos in my area offer classes of 5 cards for $10.00.

I know that's cheaper than other parts of the country, but we are a small rural area. One demo also does 10 cards for $15.00. We bring our own adhesive to these. The demos do not provide envelopes. Since the demo is the hostess they bring a snack and drink.

There's lots of ways to do this. This is just one way. Could you hold classes at your home or your mom's? You might have lots of success with relatives attending!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I was 28 (yeah a little older than you) when I started demonstrating with a company that is no longer in business. I am now an A Muse Studio demonstrator. I have loved all my years of creativity with both companies. The nice thing about being a consultant is the ability to dial it up when you can/want and you can scale it back when you have too! Most companies minimums are pretty low. A Muse Studio is $300 per quarter. I think Stampin' Up is similar. That's just one average party every three months! You can do it. The benefits out weigh the risks. If you find you don't have time to put together ONE party every three months you just go inactive. No big deal - the A Muse Studio kit is worth far more than you paid for it (I am sure SU is the same). You can't loose. Don't let your age hold you back from giving it a try! All the best to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilmaDennisView Post
I'm trying to understand how to host a party for Stampin' Up.

1.) What is party sale and host dollar?

2.) Is party sale the amount of money you make when people pay for the class+Stampin' Up items?

3.) Is host dollar is the money you get from the party sale?

I want to be a SU demonstrator sooo bad. But I feel like with my age of 23 and all my friends don't always have a lot of money, so I'd just rely on my parents friends and families. And I just think that if I host a party, I'd be wasting my own money when my friends can't afford anything. Any tips?

Thanks!
Makes much more sense! I was having a hard time understanding the requirements and everything. Thank you so much Lindy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I joined in my later 20's :-) I would have joined earlier if I'd known about SU earlier probably though :-)

But I mainly joined because I was spending close to the minimum anyway and I joined for the discount. I've done classes and such here and there but I had a time consuming job so I didn't do as many as I would have liked. Now we moved and I have a baby so I'm not doing a whole lot but i hope to one day. The nice thing is you can do what you can do. If you have the time and drive to go big you can and if you just want the discount you can do that too. And no harm in hosting a party if you have people you think would be interested even just a little. Good luck with what you decide!
After college, hopefully I'll have job and I'll be content with that. I want to have more time stamping and I want kids someday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Thank you everyone for your reply! So helpful
Reply With Quote Likes