Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whew! This whole thread is a relief to me. I thought I was the only Jaron junkie. He is cute, but what I love is that he's hilarious. No drinking liquids while he's on stage. I finally got my picture with him in Atlanta. I didn't even care that I was taller than him. (How could I? I'm taller than my husband too.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampylisaView Post
so wait, jaron's talents aside, What WAS the entertainment this year?
It was Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band. I wasn't able to go to the entertainment last night and am really sad I missed the band.
Jayne, #3653
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Oh my good ness. Last night I was sitting here and saying to my mom that I hoped that Ryan Shupe would be the entertainment because he is the one that sings the song Dream Big and then I got chills all over.

If you missed out you really did miss out. He is one of the best entertainers around. He has a great voice but you could just watch him for hours!

Man I am now so dang excited about the awards night I can't stand myself
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 AM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie HopesView Post
Oh my good ness. Last night I was sitting here and saying to my mom that I hoped that Ryan Shupe would be the entertainment because he is the one that sings the song Dream Big and then I got chills all over.

If you missed out you really did miss out. He is one of the best entertainers around. He has a great voice but you could just watch him for hours!

A guy named Neil (he sang at last year's convention) sang the theme song, Dream Big, at the opening session of convention this year. I have seen Ryan Shupe on TV (a music video station) and heard him on some CDs done by various artists. I am really sad that I missed the entertainment Saturday night.
Jayne, #3653
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 05:18 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

As for the OP, I agree ... Jaron is hot and soooo talented! He is a great presenter. When I was checking out in Momento Mall he was my "bag boy" ... stinkin' cute!!
Jayne, #3653
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by srogers5View Post
Let's not forget how very funny he is!

As an aside, I wouldn't put much stock in anything I "heard" about Spencer being jealous. It may have been said in jest, if said at all. Spencer will probably still have his moment of silliness coming up.
Jaron gave me goosebumps singing! And as for Spencer... he was singing a little song to the tune of YMCA downstairs by the ballrooms one afternoon - having a ball! I'm guessing he was 'all good' with Jaron singing!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had been thinking of posting a "what happened to Spencer?" post when I stumbled across this one. I love Spencer and enjoy both his presentations and his singing, I did chat with him for a minute at the DBWS display (and yes, he was singing it to the tune of YMCA) and was able to get a photo of him and one with me in it too. I enjoy Jaron and his presentations and singing as well but it did seem sort of sad and lonely for Spencer being only downstairs in the bottom level doing nothing but the DBWS presentation. They had a lot of new presenters on stage this year and of course Brent and Jaron did their presentations wonderfully but I felt sad for Spencer as I am accustomed to seeing him present every year.

However, when we went to regionals in STL, I noted that we seemed to have the "B Team" doing our conference as I only recognized one or two folks there so I think it's good they are helping the whole group develop their skills and be a little more polished. Can't remember but think it was Shiloh who did a wonderful presentation on a tag page (and they handed out old copies of Stampin' Success so we could fold along with her and take home a reminder "how to" sample) but almost everyone else was very new and green and nervous. The experienced local demos who did the WS Wows were far more polished and I definitely noticed the difference from the previous regionals I have attended.

Anyway, I agree that I missed seeing Spencer on stage. There was certainly a lot of hype about Jaron. Yes, he is amusing and entertaining and I enjoy watching his segments but I'm not sure "hot" would be the correct term for my impression of him. lol! That being said, there was a gal who had one of those pins where you can program it with words and the words run along the pin in red letters (like a broadway stage) and she had it saying "Jaron is Da Bomb!" on her pin....during the Fire Up Your Sales presentation, the camera man zoomed in on her pin and they put it on the screen....very funny!

Another thing I noticed this year was that they were very big into the "team approach" which seemed to work well. They had the "Dream Team" and Jaron had his little sidekick guy whose name escapes me, sorry....but he is about the same height as Jaron. The folks doing the marketing presentations always worked in tandem. I guess that is a good idea, in case one person is bombing,the other can help pick them up and the synergy between two people who work well together is always a good thing on stage.

But that Linda Hansen....she rocked!!! I loved her Put the Party back in Party Plan presentation but my favorite part was when they showed the little video of her reading the catalogue outloud during the catty tour and she actually pointed out the photo of Shelli and her family and read out loud ALL of their names! I was laughing so hard, it's a very good thing it was early in the presentation and I had just gone to the BR!!!! Jan

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Derek, is the name of Jaron's partner on stage. He is great!

It is sad that Spencer was down stairs and not on stage but he chose to move to marketing and not be in the DT department. I love that the whole company has talent all over it.

Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #49  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post
bryan Somebody and the Rubber Band... I never heard of them. I had to leave so I didn't hear them. I was just glad it wasn't something i was going to be really upset at missing.
Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band!
www.shupe.net
They were incredible! You've no idea what you missed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrobintView Post
Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band!
www.shupe.net
They were incredible! You've no idea what you missed!
I AGREE! I had never heard of them before Awards Night but we are HUGE fans now. I bought two CDs on awards night and listen to them all of the time. My 4-year-old walks around the house singing Banjo Boy now... and the fact that she is NOT singing The Wiggles "Big Red Car" fot the millionth time makes me love Ryan Shube and the Rubber Band even more.

Just curious... did the play at session 2 also?

And about Jaron... at first I thought he HAD to be lip synching, but then I realized he wasn't! I hope he does more next year!! I will stamp myself a Jaron's Broadway Fanclub t-shirt!!
Canine Camping: The Blog
See you in SLC in 2008!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

The entertainment was AWESOME! I loved Peter and John last year, but these guys were rockin' the house. Their version of 'Devil Went Down to Georgia' was wicked. Loved it!
As for Jaron, my friend is a 'Jaron groupie' and got a great picture together with him during the concert. I do love seeing Jaron on stage, but I did miss seeing Spencer on the big stage. We did have a great chat with him the one day though and he seemed pretty cool about not being on stage. I think everyone telling him how much they missed him probably made him feel much better.
Convention was great, but the trip home was awful. I will never again fly United! I'm still waiting for my luggage here at home. Grrrr.
Ronda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post
bryan Somebody and the Rubber Band... I never heard of them. I had to leave so I didn't hear them. I was just glad it wasn't something i was going to be really upset at missing.
It was Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. They were AWESOME! Check out their website, Shupe.net - there are some videos you can watch. The Banjo Boy video is hilarious.

Not only was their music great, but I appreciated the fact that they obviously went out of their way to connect with the audience. They each had made a card (with SU stamps of course) and showed them during their set. Again, hilarious. Who said men can't stamp?

They also sang a song titled Dream Big. It brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 05:23 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok I know Jaron, (funny, cute, and a wonderful artist, that is very entertaining) All of the ladies at our table at regionals got their picture taken with Jarad, but which one is Spencer. Is he ever at regionals? I went to KC regional, and St Louis regional also, was he at either of these? Any pics of Spencer? TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Spencer is a regular SU presenter and I was also disappointed that he wasn't doing a Main Stage demo this year, I think he has been on stage for every convention and leadership event I've ever been to (5 years worth of convention, 3 leadership meetings) but none of the "big names" were at the STL Regional in Nov 2006 so it was a little disappointing seeing only the supporting players (although Carrie Cudney was there and maybe Shiloh?) however Spencer wasn't there. He is very tall and extremely amusing, also has a wonderful singing voice (does anyone wonder if an audio audition is part of the hiring process at SU??? they have some incredible talent!) and always does a GREAT WOW presentation whenever he is on stage. I missed him too but he was very happy to chat with demos at the DBWS display and was even singing down there with his karaoke machine doing DBWS alphabet motions to the tune of YMCA. I did get a photo, haven't downnloaded my second set of pics yet though, sorry.

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Well KC was much better. We got to see Jaron at his best there (imho) St Louis, was disappointing, I agree. I wonder if Spencer was at KC regional, I need a pic of him to confirm. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #56  
Glitter Queen

Jaron's "broadway moment" was so incredible, and one thing that was so great about it was knowing that this was "his dream" and how awesome it must feel to perform in front of all of us adoring fans. I was at first session. I was totally blown away by the whole convention (I'm a SU newbie).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie HopesView Post

Yes, have to agree here. I 'd never heard them before and was going to skip it, but after the teaser Shelli gave I decided to go and am sooooo glad I did. Purchased 3 cds and am loving the "new" sound I've found. They did do their Dream Big song and it is one of my new favorites, along with 2 year old attitude and a bunch of others. Their harmony was exceptional and it was a great culmination to the week.

Ideas that I've had time to put to paper & post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #58  
Mad Swapper

I bought all the cd's and stood in line to get them autographed. I loved the cards that they showed us and that they even quoted the statement of the heart!

That was so cool.

On Sept 7 they are coming to the town just south of me and performing in an outdoor theater with a water fall behind them! The tickets are only $12 so we are so going.

I would love to have them again!

Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes