Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2021, 03:13 PM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Almost exclusively glue these days....and Bearly Art glue is absolutely fabulous! Not only is the glue great, but the container and fine metal tip are the best ever...the easy "squeezeability" of the bottle is amazing and I don't even have hand problems that others have mentioned. Just a pleasure to use this glue. No connection, just a happy customer.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
hoptownracer1 (07-27-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 03:20 PM   #42  
Inking Addict

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I have heard about, but I haven’t used the Bearly Art glue. I have heard that it is like the Art Glitter glue. Does it dry clear? I have also heard is that it doesn’t freeze as easily as the Art Glitter glue?
I’m thinking I will order some and try it. 😉
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2021, 07:39 PM   #43  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am glad we are talking about this....I just took a 4 day card seminar online (Card Summit hosted by Brandi Mahon of Stamp me some Love) I got in on the ground floor for far less than they are charging now. My first one. I don't know that I would do it again. Honestly I feel I learn 100x more here with the tutorials-I knew everything they did but it was good for very new beginners.

While I did not learn a lot about techniques (I got a little on WCing)-I noticed of the 24 presenters, most were using either Bearly or Art Glitter glue with needle heads. That seemed like a good recommendation to me even though they did not mention it. And yes, they were using really small amounts.

On the other hand I was a little surprised that several of them made a point of mentioning how much they love scrapbook.com's house brand of DS foam bc it is easy to peel the paper.

Right now I have been using DS score tape for layers. Glue for die cut sentiments.

I have been thinking if I need to invest in a hot glue gun. I think I have a really cheap one around somewhere...maybe not?

BTW- I liked our Ardyth's one by far the best. She rocks multiple mass card making!
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (07-24-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 10:29 PM   #44  
Glitter Guru

Received 860 Likes on 513 Posts

I have been using the Art Glitter Glue and the Gina K. Connect Glue. I do like them both; although I am thinking about getting the Bearly Art glue maybe in the future, as the Glitter Glue dries a little too fast for me to move things sometimes, and the Gina K. glue is pricier per the size and often out of stock. That being said, I still like them both! The small tip I got for the Glitter glue clogged up and NOTHING I tried would open it back up, so I trashed it and just use it from the tip that comes on the bottle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 02:11 AM   #45  
Inking Addict

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My Art Glitter Glue fine tip gets clogged sometimes as well. Usually, if I have left the pin out too long. I find if I soak it in hot water for a few minutes I can clear it. Art Glitter Glue is water based and that’s why the hot water clears it. Also, the reason it freezes below a certain temperature. 😊
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 04:43 AM   #46  
K-F
Glitter Queen

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tape or Glue?

For many years, I mostly used my ATGs and Tombow tape runners. On small pieces and embellishments, I used Tombow Mono Multi-Purpose glue. As Parkinson's tremors increased and fine motor skills declined, I have great difficulty placing layers correctly; they're always askew. This is especially true when I make mini albums and adhere patterned papers to chipboard. If I use tape, I cannot adjust the position. I switched to liquid glues so I have time to wiggle the layers to the correct position. I've used used various glues, including bookbinding glues because they have longer open times. I just ordered Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive because it's getting rave reviews and it remains "slippery" just long enough to adjust papers. Don't know if that's accurate because I haven't received it yet. When I first made albums, I used YES paste. It was so easy to use, but it didn't hold up well.

When using foam tape or dots to pop embellishments, I add a dot of Tombo Mono to the side of the foam that will touch the card or album so I can slide the embellishment around a little if placement is off.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited by K-F; 07-21-2021 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: I replied to a different question. Don't know how my reply ended up in this thread.Sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (07-23-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

K-F: When using foam tape or dots to pop embellishments, I add a dot of Tombo Mono to the side of the foam that will touch the card or album so I can slide the embellishment around a little if placement is off.

That is a good tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2021, 12:35 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have always used the ATG tape gun or Tombow adhesive runner. However, I can hardly find any replacement tape for the ATG anymore. I do use SU Fine Tip glue for intricate pieces.

Anyone have a good source for the ATG refills?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2021, 12:55 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmc123macView Post
I have always used the ATG tape gun or Tombow adhesive runner. However, I can hardly find any replacement tape for the ATG anymore. I do use SU Fine Tip glue for intricate pieces.

I order a generic version from the Tape Depot or Tape Jungle. The prices are excellent and shipping is free with a minimum order. I use a lot of ATG tape and these work better than the original.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (07-24-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 07:56 PM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I also order ATG refills from Tape Depot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2021, 07:12 PM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Received 860 Likes on 513 Posts

I ordered a 2 oz bottle of the Bearly Art glue, so I could try it out. I'm going to try to use up my Art Glitter glue first, so nothing dries up from lack of use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2021, 04:41 PM   #52  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 1/2" ATG tape

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmc123macView Post

I have been ordering my refills through Amazon. I looked at the Tape Depot that several people mentioned, but I only saw the 1/4" tape. I order the 3M 1/2" x 36 yds. My last order for a box of 12 rolls was $49.84 (free shipping).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2021, 08:37 AM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I use glue a vast majority of the time. Art Glitter Glue, and Reptile Glue are my go to glues. They are very similar. I buy which ever is cheaper. TomBow is excellent glue, but it is so sticky and doesn't dry clear. Glue affords me time/wiggle room that tape does not. Another glue that I love is Collall glue. It is solvent based, and great for strengthening 3d projects. Beacon Zip Dry is very similar to Collall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2021, 09:42 AM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
Post Love Tombow Dots

I use Tombow Dots Adhesive tape runner for most things and Connect Glue for sentiment die cuts when I forget to use Stick It.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2021, 03:43 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love my ATG! I use both, but usually only use my glue if the thing I’m attaching is too small to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (09-21-2021)