Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2019, 06:42 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default glass pen ink not included??

I was looking at glass dip pens online and found some sets that are supposed to have a bottle of ink included have a disclaimer instead saying:

"Note: Due to some Restrictions of Aviation Regulation, the ink in the box have to be discarded, we are so sorry that you will receive an empty ink pot"

I wanted to warn y'all in case it happens do you. You really have to read the fine print of some of the sets to find this information. The ink itself is not what I was looking for and fully expected it to not be very good quality but if I am paying slightly more for a set with ink in it then I would expect it to be included.

What in the world is in the ink that a tiny 1/2 oz(?) bottle could not be included anyway. My husband works for the airlines, so I am familiar with hazardous materials restrictions and even I find this bizarre, scary, suspect, IDK. Especially since other brands and or companies do include ink in their sets.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2019, 06:44 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

that is bizarre - I'm going to ask Jen Timko - she's a pilot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would look into what is in the ink that any airline (or cargo carrier) would find problematic. Just liquid should not be the thing. If it is considered hazardous material, there may be a fee or declaration issue.

My Blog: Stampin' on the Fly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Although the English is good it’s not perfect (“the ink have to be...”, plurals and singulars not quite right) so I’m guessing this would be shipped from somewhere like China? Could it be that they are interpreting regulations in a certain way that might not be the universal interpretation or ship with a courier who won’t carry liquids?

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

It wouldn't have been an alcohol ink, presumably, if it was for using with a dip pen. I can see that that might have been a problem, but surely not ordinary water-based inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2019, 06:19 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

After asking DH about this all I can say is I am so embarrassed and am chalking this one up to brain fog (been sick all week). No liquids may be shipped on an airplane and I know this but I had coming over from someplace like China by boat in my head.

If something is sent to a consumer directly from a foreign country it is likely to be sent by plane to get it there faster, boy oh boy would there be a long "my shipment is taking too long" thread here at SCS if not.

If something sent to a retailer by boat then needs to be shipped by that retailer to a customer it can be sent by truck or train and that is okay. If the retailer wants to get it there faster because they are a long ways away it will be sent by plane probably. This again means the "no liquids" rule applies.

Sorry for confusing y'all but hey at least you might have an answer to the "why is it taking so long" question next time you order takes a while to arrive.
Reply With Quote Likes